Married on 09/09/2017
Do not look anywhere else for a venue - this is it! The best views, the best service, and the best value in all of Newport!
Married on 05/15/2015
We were so happy with this venue. If you are able to book this venue, DUE SO! The view is SPECTACULAR, food phenomenal, the room is recently re done and can accommodate big weddings. I cannot say enough about the staff, not only the coordinator, but even the staff the night of our wedding. Guests are still talking about the venue
Married on 09/03/2011
If you know anyone in the Navy I would highly recommend the Officer's Club. The food was reasonable and the guests said they enjoyed the view. Shawna was very helpful with the planning process and listened to all of ideas. Kelly was there the day of as a 'day of wedding planner' and did a great job. The room is beautiful full of chandeliers and a beautiful fountain. You cannot beat the outdoor deck view of the ocean and all of the boats in the pier. The staff was very kind, accommodating, and professional. It was a great location for our fairy tale wedding.
Married on 05/14/2016
Wonderful food. Great service. Exceptional value for the area. There was some unexpected last minute construction of the building as it was being sandblasted and painted. We were a little disappointed as it was unannounced and detracted somewhat from the amazing view, but hopefully it'll be finished before effecting too many other brides. Otherwise, it was a perfect venue for us.
Married on 05/07/2016
The catering manager, Shawna, was super helpful during the planning process and always answered my emails very quickly. The whole process was really smooth and easy. They worked with us on the menu to incorporate vegan h'ordeuvres and handled our guest's dietary restrictions with ease. At our reception, all of the staff were very helpful and everything went perfectly. We got a lot of compliments on the food and the view outside can't be beat.
Married on 05/29/2011
Shawna is amazing and the staff went above thier duties. The food was amazing as well!
Married on 07/18/2009
The O'Club is newly remodeled and is a beautiful site to have a wedding. You can't beat the price for the location, and the food was absolutely wonderful. They did everything we wanted and more. It was a little hard to get in touch with them, but they did their best due to staff changes. Would recommend to all!
2+ years ago
Cocktails at the waterfront bar overlooking the Newport bridge.. Dinner and dancing in the lovely grand ballroom... Knowledgeable and professional staff who helped in both the planning and the seamless execution of a large wedding reception. Our daughter and new son in law were thrilled at their fairy tale Newport wedding! Thank you Shawna and Kelly! Our guests were in awe of the location and view. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening... Despite questionable weather the entire weekend!
2+ years ago
We had our rehearsal dinner at the Officer's Club in Newport. I have to say I was quite disappointed. We had agreed to have cocktail type music playing in the background during the dinner portion and no one knew how to turn it on. Then when a couple people wanted to make speeches, no one knew how to turn the music off and people's speeches were drowned out by the music. There was no manager on site either to get these things figured out. The staff was nice, but it was almost if they were trained earlier that day and weren't very knowledgeable. The food was decent, but not something to write home about. The clams and mussels were undercooked and had little or no taste. Even though it was a good deal for the food and venue, it wasn't something I'd write home about.
Married on 08/05/2012
The Newport Officer's Club was such a beautiful site to have our wedding. We had such a perfect day and they took care of everything so beautifully.
The process leading up to the wedding was a different story though. They never returned phone calls. My husband had to call 5 times to ask a question and they never seemed to remember us or what our wedding day was. We were literally mortified that the day would come and they wouldn't be prepared. They also forgot about our scheduled meetings and were confused when we walked in a few times to meet after scheduling it weeks prior. With all that aside it was a beautiful place to hold our reception and I am very happy that it all worked out for the day it really mattered.
Married on 06/29/2019
3 guests denied 48 hours before wedding, but event ran smoothly
While the view of the Newport Bridge from the Officers’ Club and location of the venue are second-to-none in the area, the customer service and professionalism of the staff of the Officers’ Club and MWR was, quite frankly, abysmal. I did not feel like our once-in-a-lifetime event mattered to them beyond the money they made off our wedding. I was not impressed with the level of attentiveness (or, in this case, inattentiveness) to detail or our event in general, but the guests all had a good time and enjoyed the food.
- We were satisfied with the food and level of service we received from the waitstaff at both our rehearsal dinner (held on-site) and the reception. Keith, the head waiter, was courteous, on top of things, and friendly, which we really appreciated. We also had many complicated food allergies and restrictions that the Officers’ Club seamlessly accommodated.
- The ceremony and reception ran smoothly, but only because our personal day-of coordinator (a friend of ours) basically had to take over running the event and I had created a detailed day-of timeline on my own that all of our external vendors relied upon.
- Our point of contact changed 3 times over the 15 months of planning our wedding with the venue, and every single one of them were disorganized and slow to respond to our e-mails or phone calls. The sales manager who we initially dealt with was downright rude and unfriendly (and that’s putting it nicely). She also led us to believe that we would get to try every type of food they offered at their once-a-year tasting, as they would not let us try the food before signing the contract; we were disappointed that only a small subset of all entree, appetizer, and dessert choices were available at the tasting. There were also multiple miscommunications with the venue that day.
- 2 days before the wedding, the venue coordinator called to say that not only would she not be at our rehearsal dinner or wedding due to a family emergency, but 3 of our foreign guests had been denied (one of whom had just flown into Newport from Scotland that morning) after telling us the week prior that all foreign guests had been approved by base security. This caused major frustration and consternation for my husband, who was beside himself that his dear friend could not attend our wedding, after spending time and money to travel thousands of miles to be there for our big day.
- No one greeted us on the day of our rehearsal, so we had to run the rehearsal ourselves and figure out many solutions for our questions on our own.
- The venue’s day-of coordinator left me with the impression that she hadn’t done many events at the Officers’ Club previously and was not very attentive. She didn’t know how to turn on the AC in my bridal room, she didn’t deliver the water and fruit and cheese plate to our bridal room until we’d already asked multiple times, and we had to approach her during the reception to ask that she make the reception room cooler, as guests were complaining to us about the temperature in the room.