Back to Novae Film and Photo

29 Reviews for Novae Film and Photo

Featured
Karitas and

Married on 06/17/2017

Grace and Ben were an absolute pleasure to work with on our wedding day. They are also wonderful people that we are so happy to have met and gotten to know personally.

They are excellent communicators and listeners, and made sure to understand our style and vision while also remaining true to their own beautiful style and editing. They made extended efforts to get to know us beforehand to understand our relationship and expectations in order to properly document us and our day. They were so easy to work with, encouraging us to act natural while also giving suggestions for beautiful poses to capture the love we have for each other. The videos that they delivered to us were stunning and captured the energy of our wedding perfectly as well as the beautiful scenery of our location, blending everything together amazingly to help us relive the happiest day of our lives over and over again! We can't stop watching the video and tear up thinking about the wonderful memories. Plus, it was a destination wedding which was not at all a problem for them as they easily adjusted to the unfamiliar area and incorporated the setting wonderfully (plus, they are great travelers).

Since our wedding in June 2017, we have also used their services for personal photos and are so happy with the results! They consistently deliver a remarkable product and we love looking back at our memories.

We would highly recommend Reel Maine Company's services whether you are looking for video or photography. They are extremely talented, wonderful people, easy to work with and deliver an amazing product that you will look back on with joy for years to come. We hope to continue to work with them throughout our lifetime so they can capture some of our lives' most important moments!

-Brandon and Kari

Aileen
Aileen

Married on 05/25/2019

Ben and Grace were absolutely amazing every step of the way through this process! We hired them for our engagement pictures and they were super flexible in accommodating the ideas that I had. We even had an issue with the timing of our shoot due to a mishap with traveling, and they still found a way to work with us. Once we got to the actual shoot, Grace was so awesome in making us comfortable in front of the camera, and had done research on photoshoots similar to ours and Ben is a great photographer so we were able to get the absolute best shots! We parted ways and they got the first edited preview back to us before the end of the night (I was so eager)! The rest of the photos were sent a few weeks later, incredibly timely. Grace warned me that her clients said they usually had a tough time choosing which picture they loved most, and she was spot on. 10 out of 10, can't recommend enough!

Maggie

Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing - a MUST hire!

We were absolutely in LOVE with Grace and Ben. From the moment we met them, I knew they were going to make our dreams come true. They were both beyond amazing to work with and I can’t stress that enough. These are not your standard wedding videographers…We were blown away by our wedding video they created. Tears, laughter and everything in between. They seamlessly captured all of MAGIC on our wedding day. Their expertise in cinematography and video productive shined thru in their work. If you want a team that will keep you calm and allow you to relive your special day, they are your go-to videographers. Novae Film and Photo — is a must hire. Their demeanor and professionalism will BE SURE to wow you away. Couldn’t recommend them more

S
Steven

Married on 01/26/2019

The best of the best!

Grace and Ben, they are the dream team. Not only were they calm, and supportive. But also gave direction with ease, and almost unnoticeable to make sure that the moments were genuine, and that we felt like we were the only people in the room. Thank you two for being such amazing people, that captured our special moment perfectly!

J
Jessica Plourd

Married on 12/28/2018

Simply the best!

Grave and Ben were the photographers at our wedding and we couldn’t be more happy with their work. They were both accommodating, knowledgeable on what would look best and more importantly made us so comfortable.

E
Eric

Married on 09/01/2018

Grace and Ben did such a wonderful job filming our wedding. They went above and beyond with what they were able to capture. They were climbing, crawling, jumping and running for shots that made the entire experience such a great one. They were responsive in the pre-meetings and set us up for success on the day of. They were also such a joy to work with. I think they might have been more excited than us two. We couldn't have asked for a better duo and the work the provided was top notch

Athena
Athena

Married on 08/11/2018

Wedding photos!

We absolutely loved working with Grace and Ben. They are both very talented and their eye for Beauty is uncanny. Our photos were a dream! I would use them again! :)

Kirsten
Kirsten

Married on 07/21/2018

Outstanding videography!

We are so happy with our wedding film and the professionalism, attentiveness to detail, creativity and friendliness that Grace and Ben gave us leading up to the wedding, the day of and during the editing process. They made us feel really comfortable knowing what to expect and they truly valued our requests with the film. Their drone footage was exceptional! Grace and Ben are such a genuine, kind and talented duo and I wouldn't look any further for wedding videographers!

Melanie Laenen

Married on 07/14/2018

The absolute BEST!

We are SO HAPPY we chose to hire Grace & Ben / Novae Film and Photo as our videographers. They are incredibly talented and we are SO happy with our wedding films- but most importantly, they are wonderful people. It was truly special to be able to share the joy of our wedding day with people who genuinely love weddings & love love. Thank you Grace & Ben for capturing our day and for being all around awesome humans!

T
Taylor

Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I were so fortunate to hire Grace and Ben to be our wedding photographers! Our wedding literally would not have been the same without them. We chose to have our ceremony at our family camp in Casco Bay. Although engagement photos were not part of our wedding package, Grace and Ben included them so that they could scope out the site in advance and be prepared to get the absolute best photos on our wedding day. We opted to do our own wedding planning, which ended up working out really well with Grace's help. She sent us an example wedding day schedule several months before the wedding, which actually turned into my wedding guide. Everyone had a copy. Working with Grace and Ben on our wedding day was very easy; I was able to relax and not think about which photos were left or if we were missing anything or anyone. They helped us work through the inevitable hiccups that happened the day of and stayed with us to document the entire wedding day until they felt satisfied with the collection of photos. We are so happy we chose Novae Film and Photo; from the sneak peak that they sent us before we even landed on our honeymoon to the finished portfolio, their work is really something special.

Olivia Grace
Olivia

Married on 06/23/2018

Highly recommend

I booked Grace and Ben as the videographers for my wedding this summer, and I highly recommend them. They were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Grace was very quick to respond to emails and helped me figure out some of the logistics of the wedding day, such as when and where to have our first look. It rained most of the day leading up to our wedding but Grace and Ben made it work and were still able to get beautiful footage of us outside during our picture time before the ceremony. Our wedding video turned out better than I could’ve ever imagined. It perfectly captured the feeling of our wedding day. We had so much fun with our friends and family and every time I watch the video I feel like I’m reliving the day. I seriously can’t stop watching it—I’ve rewatched it at least 10 times since we got it last week. Grace and Ben, thank you SO MUCH for your amazing work!

B
Bridget

Married on 01/27/2018

Novae went above and beyond with our wedding video. They were so amazing to work with and very personable! And can I just say all our guests didn’t even notice them! They did an absolutely remarkable job with capturing our day, so gracefully. Our wedding video I still watch on replay and cry everytime. They nailed it right on the head. Everything I could have hoped for AND more! They captured every moment we could ever ever want! Every laugh every cry and all the antispaction leading up to! I’d reccomend them over and over and over again.

Amira

Married on 12/31/2017

Grace and Ben are EXTREMELY talented and create high quality films! Having them film our wedding was an absolute no-brainer. We really couldn't have picked a better videographer. They are thoughtful, fun, and open to hearing what awesome ideas you might have for your special day! A lot of people don't want to spend the additional money on videographers, but if you choose Novae Film you will quickly realize you would be willing to pay them double! They capture moments, memories and FEELINGS that pictures just can't replicate! Thank you Grace and Ben for being a HUGE part of our special day!

Alex

Married on 12/31/2017

Best Ever- you MUST book

Thank you very much to Grace and Ben for perfectly capturing my wedding. Those two are such amazing people and it was an honor to have them film our wedding. Don’t think twice about booking them, you are missing out if you don’t!

L
LARISA

Married on 11/11/2017

Best wedding photographers in the biz! Grace and Ben were personable, professional, flexible and see easy to be with. Having people try to capture an intimate moment is no easy task, but Grace and Ben made this process so seamless. From getting ready, to incredible first look pictures, from the ceremony to the candids at the reception. They captured it all. I can't say enough good things about this company!

Amy

Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough about the quality of Reel Maine Co: their work, their professionalism, Ben and Grace as a unit... Wow. I have rewatched our video countless times and cried and laughed each and every single time. Grace and Ben were there from the conception of what we wanted as a vision for that day to the start and finish of our big day. Grace made sure I looked picture perfect, literally wiping the sweat away to catch the right photo. Ben followed my handsome groom all day to catch the little tidbits otherwise lost. We are so thankful to Reel Maine Co. For their creative minds and for their real love of what they do. We love you Grace and Ben!

Kendall

Married on 10/14/2017

Grace and Ben exceeded our expectations on every level! From the moment we met them we knew it was going to be a great fit. Not only are they extremely talented, they have a wonderful presence as well. They were “invisible” when they needed to be and were always smiling and positive. We are beyond thrilled with their work and believe they were able to capture so many genuine moments because of how comfortable they made everyone around them feel. Look no further, Grace and Ben will make you laugh and smile on your big day and will produce a video that you will cherish forever! Thank you, thank you, Grace and Ben!

Kayla

Married on 10/07/2017

Grace and Ben are very professional and just as excited for your big day as you are! They were so sweet and I could not ask for a better wedding feature film!

C
Cory

Married on 09/29/2017

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled with our wedding video from Reel Maine Co. Grace & Ben communicate from start to finish to make sure every detail is covered. The work they do is amazing - they somehow managed to capture every moment, while seeming like they were never even there. We've watched our highlight video hundreds of times but also enjoyed our full length video to remember our big day.

Michelle

Married on 09/29/2017

Grace and Ben were absolutely amazing the day of our wedding! They captured every moment that we didn't even know we would want captured, all while us barely even noticing they were there on the day of the wedding. It was so awesome to see our wedding day that we worked so hard to put together from everyone else's point of view down to the smallest details, while also reliving our favorite moments. They also picked the perfect music for our video that gave an extra special affect to every special moment. Very responsive before the wedding and genuinely invested in my husband and I's relationship leading up to the wedding to get a better idea of what we would be looking for in our footage.

Katie

Married on 09/16/2017

Grace and Ben are simply amazing. It's taken me over a year now to write a review because I was afraid I would never be able to find the right words to correctly portray how wonderful our experience was and I still don’t think I can fully capture how I felt about our experience, but I will do my best!

Our wedding was on September 16, 2017 and we used Novae Film and Photo for their wedding film services. The process before the wedding was simple and enjoyable. I had a couple of phone conversations with Grace so she could get a feel for what my husband and I were like as a couple and to also understand better what we were looking for in terms of final product.

On the day of the wedding I was really nervous about being filmed, especially during the ceremony, but I was immediately put at ease when I met both Grace and Ben. The process was so effortless (or so they made it seem! ) I trusted I would be more than happy with the final result. Throughout the day, both Grace and Ben were super discreet and the interactions we did have with them directly were so much fun!

After the wedding, I was kept updated with the process quite frequently. Our 1-minute teaser was BREATHTAKING! I was SO pleased with the footage and the music. Next we received our 10-minute highlight video. Again, we this video exceeded any expectations we ever had. When we received our full-length film, I was in awe. This video was perfect in every way: the quality, the editing, the music, the footage, the feeling the film evokes, EVERYTHING.

Without our wedding film, I am certain so many details of our special day would have been forgotten forever and we are both so thankful so many special moments are forever available to us for the rest of our lives. I cannot stress enough how much I recommend Grace and Ben, and we hope we get the pleasure of working with them again in the future!

Abbie

Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I are so happy we were able to work with Grace and Ben for our wedding photography! They were both casual but very professional and easy-going to work with! Long before the wedding, Grace made a great effort to get to know us through conversations and questionnaires to help understand our vision and personality better. She learned quickly how shy we felt about being photographed so much, and really encouraged us to be natural and at ease about the entire process. They knew just how to work with our wild group while knowing we felt uneasy. While we were posing for group photos, we hardly noticed our shyness because Grace and Ben were so quick and coordinated in directing us! We really appreciated this character of their partnership during the moment, and they have been so cordial to communicate with since then as well. My words can't do justice for their talent of capturing those precious moments, you should definitely browse their website for many examples of their beautiful work! I would highly recommend Reel Maine Co. For any photography (and videography) needs you might be in search of!

User2593842

2+ years ago

As someone who works in video professionally, I wanted to make sure that the crew that worked on our wedding was top notch. But Grace and Ben were more than just top notch, they were organized, easy to work with, creative, and innovative. We absolutely cherish our video, and everyone we have shown it to has been over the moon impressed.

Caitlin
Caitlin

Married on 01/07/2017

Incredible!

Speechless - Grace and Ben do an incredible job and do not disappoint! They seamlessly fold into your day like they are family, but leave as so much more. When you finally receive that video you've been dreaming about, be prepared for it to exceed your expectations. It left my husband and I speechless and sobbing. They didn't just capture our day, they captured the emotions, and allowed us to relive the moments like we were right back there highlighted it by how they piece the shots together and the music they choose. They are one of a kind and absolutely worth every single penny you give them. We are forever grateful to them for the lifelong gift they've given us that we'll cherish forever! WE LOVE NOVAE FILM AND PHOTO!

J
Joanna

Married on 10/22/2016

Grace and Ben of Reel Maine Company have an eye for beauty, which exquisitely captured the precious moments of our October wedding. In spite of rainy weather they went with the flow. Their cameras zoomed in on the soft autumn ambience of the farm landscape and rustic beauty of the barn creating a timeless remembrance for us. Their close-ups were sensitive and meaningful. Their transition shots and recording of the important events of the wedding: vows, toasts and dancing, were paced so that even strangers would enjoy watching them. During the day, they worked seamlessly with our photographer and made us both feel comfortable. It was like they were not even there during the reception. They moved around the room so effortlessly while still capturing every important moment. Grace kept us updated throughout the editing process and before releasing the final product checked with us to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. Their professionalism and concern for ensuring that the final product fit our vision made us thankful that we decided to have Reel Maine Company film our wedding. The final product is beyond perfect. Wedding days go by so quickly, we are so thankful to have a film filled with memories that we never want to forget. Thank you Reel Maine Company for your work on our wedding! I would recommend them to any couple about to get married! You wont regret your decision.