Back to Oak Mill Bakery

Featured
Shannon Kelly

Married on 09/01/2019

No worries

The cake tasting was done 5 months ahead of time and was a fun experience. They don’t create every flavor combo imaginable (which makes sense) but they have a little bit of everything. It up to you to create your own bite. A little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it’s fun and you do understand exactly how your flavors will taste.
My cake arrived on time and looked exactly how I envisioned. Oak mill worked directly with my venue so after choosing my cake I didn’t have anything additional to do. It was a seamless experience and my cake was SOO good. I had lemon cake w a raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream - very moist and lemony.
Price was included in the venues per person cost, so I don’t know the actual price.

Amanda
Amanda Jane Wojciechowski

Married on 08/11/2019

Best Bakery in Chicagoland area!

Oak Mill Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake on 08/11/19! The cake was very fresh and delicious. Most importantly there was plenty of cake for all of my 150 guests and we saved the top layer to eat on our 1 month anniversary (Oak Mill Bakery can make a fresh top layer cake for your 1 year anniversary). We ordered a 5 layer vanilla and chocolate cake with raspberry and custard filling. Oak Mill Bakery delivered our wedding cake on-time at our reception in Lake Forest and assembled it beautifully. We also ordered 10" assorted pastry sweet trays on each guest table instead of doing a traditional sweet table. The sweets were a big hit with all of our guests and the Roshky were my personal favorite! Oak Mill Bakery staff was very knowledgeable with designing the cake and creating a cake exactly how I wanted. They also had a free cake tasting before ordering your wedding cake. I would highly recommend Oak Mill Bakery for your wedding; you will not be disappointed!

Emily
Emily

Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful and Delicious

I got married at The Glen Club and Oak Mill Bakery was one of two bakeries that were included in the wedding package. My husband and I have had many desserts and cakes from Oak Mill Bakery before so we were thrilled. Basia was so helpful and easy to work with during our cake tasting. She was very knowledgable and let us try many different combinations until we picked our favorites. I had a vision for what I wanted my cake to look like and they made it happen exactly as I wanted it! It was a simple design and a delicious cake... We can't wait to eat it again in a year.

Jenny
Jennifer

Married on 05/10/2019

Delicious and prompt

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. They also gave me free upgrades they surprised me with on my wedding day!

Paula
Paula

Married on 04/06/2019

Affordable, tasty, and beautiful cakes.

We got a great deal because Oak Mill works with our venue Royalty West Banquets. We got a delicious red velvet cake and it was a gorgeous cake.

N
Nicholas

Married on 12/07/2018

Delicious cake

The cake was fantastic. The taste was so good and the design was perfect!

Sarah
Sarah

Married on 09/30/2018

When I initially found out that a wedding cake was included with our venue package I was a bit concerned. I assumed the cake would be your typical "meh" wedding cake with barely any options. I was very pleasantly surprised by my experience with Oak Mill Bakery, and my confidence grew as more and more brides I spoke to told me they had gotten their wedding cakes there.

Basia was so friendly, and we were able to taste all of the combinations in which we were interested. We ended up going with a lemon cake with lemon curd filling and buttercream frosting. It was delicious, though I will say I was a bit disappointed with some of the other flavors I had wanted (red velvet and almond, specifically. ) However, I was pleased with the variety of options included in my package, as well as the upgrade availabilities.

The cake was GORGEOUS, especially when combined with the decor of my florist. The only complaint we received from the guests was that the wait staff cut the pieces too small! The cake top only lasted a few days before my husband and I devoured it, there was no way that thing was lasting a year. ;)

Madelyn

Married on 08/31/2018

My husband and I were very pleased with how beautiful and delicious the red velvet wedding cake came out! Thank you!

B
Bridget

Married on 08/04/2018

We used Oak Mill Bakery and had our consultation with Bascia at the Niles location. The tasting was so fun and she helped us with a variety of flavor combinations and helped guide us to the most delicious wedding cake we thought we'd ever had! We chose a simple design for the cake and used our own cake topper that they placed on the cake for us. We've already talked about going back to the bakery to get a smaller cake just for ourselves!

Stephanie
Stephanie

Married on 07/07/2018

Loved our cake! It was beautiful and tasted yummy!

Munia

Married on 07/06/2018

They did a great job designing my cake not only they made sure it look better than what I had in mind but the taste was great and the price was better than most of the bakeries around. I only have to show the cake lady a picture of my flowers and she took care of the rest! I really recommend it

Michaela

Married on 06/30/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and scrumptious! We thought the 3 tier would be smaller but it actually was much bigger than we expected! It was plenty for our 89 guests with leftovers. The tasting was also well done with great suggestions. Thank you so much for the cake. We will be back to do more business!

G
Gretchen

Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding cake was not only stunning but it tasted amazing! After our tasting, we were confident in Oak Mill's quality and service. Bascia is a skilled expert at what she does. She even helped us create our very own cake buffet with different varieties of cakes. We were so impressed and the night ended with no cake left over because guests enjoyed it so much! We were so pleased with Oak Mill Bakery's service and, most importantly, the delicious/gorgeous cakes. We strongly recommend them for all of your cake needs!

Mary

Married on 11/04/2017

We've used Oak Mill Bakery for just about any family party! I cannot wait for my cake tasting and to select a beautiful, delicious wedding cake! I know they will knock it out of the park!

Anna
Anna

Married on 09/23/2017

We didn't work directly with Oak Mill (our venue package included a cake from here) but they were nice and responsive. They had the design we wanted and our cake actually tasted better than what we tried during the tasting. We did almond cake with fudge filling - so good! Very pleased with how it turned out.

C
Cristin

Married on 09/22/2017

We worked with Basia and she was such a pleasure to work with! I knew going in that I just wanted what was covered with my venue package and she did not try to up-sell me at all. She went through our options, gave us clear direction on how the day would go and made it such a pleasant experience. The cake on our wedding day was PERFECT. Everything we wanted. I would recommend Oak Mill Bakery to every bride!

N
Naomi

Married on 09/16/2017

I'm not a big fan of cake, but I love theirs! They made a beautiful cake for my wedding and it was delicious! Everybody wanted to take a piece home. They were extremely accommodating and had great communication with us the entire time. I highly recommend this bakery! I will be ordering all of my future cakes from here

B
Bernadeta

Married on 08/19/2017

Cake turned out better than I hoped for.

J
Jenna

Married on 07/22/2017

We worked with Oak Mill Bakery in Arlington Heights - and OMG the best cake ever. We received so many compliments on our cake. They had so many flavors and combinations to choose from it was amazing. We chose an almond cake with fudge and raspberry filling for one layer, and a vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and cream and it was seriously the best cake I have ever had. The cake was gorgeous too. I cannot wait to eat our top layer a year from now :)

J
Justin

Married on 07/07/2017

We ordered our wedding cake through Oak Mill Bakery, and we could not have been more satisfied! Bill was exceptionally friendly and helpful at our consultation and helped us design an amazing cake. Not only was the final product visually flawless, but it was absolutely delicious! We received endless compliments about the cake and would recommend Oak Mill to anyone.

S
Susan

Married on 07/01/2017

Our wedding venue's catering package included a cake from Oak Mill Bakery and we were very pleased with how the cake turned out. First, we went for our cake tasting led by Basia. She was super nice and had many helpful suggestions. We ended up choosing a yellow cake with plain buttercream and lemon curd filling. It was delicious and so refreshing for our July wedding! Our guests loved it too. The decoration was plain white rings all around each layer of the cake- just how we wanted it- with buttercream flowers that beautifully matched our actual wedding flowers, some of which went on the cake. We delivered our cake topper to the bakery a couple weeks prior to the wedding, which made me nervous because it was very delicate, but everything turned out just fine. Nicely done.

K
Katie

Married on 06/17/2017

We loved our experience with Oak Mill Bakery from start to finish. We kind of had to use Oak Mill as our bakery for our wedding cake because they were contracted through our venue (White Pines Golf Club). We were a little hesitant at first because it was a forced choice but everything turned out perfectly. Out cake tasting was wonderful and we quickly decided on 3 layer lemon, vanilla poppyseed, lemon cake with raspberry buttercream.... So freaking good. I am not a cake person at all but our wedding cake was amazing. The bakery was great with checking in to receive final payments and to ensure they had our wedding topper and information from our florist. The cake arrived to the venue on time and in perfect condition. Seriously, it was stunning and tasty and there was very little left at the end of the night. I highly recommend you check them out for your cake needs - so good!

Gina
Gina

Married on 02/11/2017

Oh my goodness, Oak Mill Bakery is amazing! We had a beautiful wedding cake made even better than I could have dreamed and almost everyone told me it was the best cake they've had!

C
Cayla

Married on 10/29/2016

Working with Oak Mill Bakery for our wedding cake was professional and easy. Their bakery in Niles was prepared for our tasting, which went flawlessly. The staff had recommendations, and shared in our vision for our cake. The final flavors we settled on were lemon cake layered with lemon curd and raspberry preserve-- it was absolutely delicious.

After our tasting, the only further communication necessary on our end was a confirmation of the final guest count. All other communication was handled directly with the venue. On the wedding day, the cake arrived promptly (without us even needing to know), and the first time we saw it, we were awe-struck by how beautiful it was! It was just as we imagined and better. Not only did it look great, many guests commented it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. The cake was perfect for us.

User5580092

2+ years ago

Everything about our experience with Oak Mill was fantastic. We worked with Bill and he was more than helpful from the fun experience of tasting to the perfect execution of the design we brought to him. The cake was beautiful and we have had so many comments on how delicious it was. We would recommend Oak Mill time and time again. We will be return customers.