Back to Owls Hoot Barn

Sari
Sari Kamin

Married on 08/24/2019

Picture Perfect Wedding Experience with Owls Hoot Barn

From the moment we set foot on Owls Hoot Barn, we were blown away by the attention to detail and beauty of the space. Kerri, the owner, has thought of absolutely everything and every inch of the venue is carefully and thoughtfully decorated. The barn is stunningly gorgeous and though it feels and looks rustic, it’s perfectly outfitted for a wedding dinner and party. The various outdoor ceremony spaces are gorgeous and are surrounded by wildflowers and trees. The covered cocktail hour area is the perfect space for passed apps and drinks outside (and it’s an excellent back up area for the ceremony should it rain) and the bonfire that OHB takes care of was an amazing end to our wedding. Best of all, there is a lovely cabin we had access to starting on the Wednesday before our wedding and our whole family and bridal party was able to stay in the gorgeous farmhouse and the two Airbnb’s that are part of the property starting on the Thursday before. Because of this, we were able to kick off of our wedding days in advance with our loved ones.

Kerri helps to make planning seamless. She has a dedicated list of vendors she recommends, but is welcoming to anyone new you bring on. She’s ALWAYS available if you have questions and is endlessly helpful and friendly. She has a storage area filled with decor (mason jars, burlap runners, milk crates, lights, lanterns, signage, etc) that you are welcome to use. It saved us hundreds of dollars and everything we borrowed looked fabulous. She also has all of the chairs, tables, plates, cutlery, glasses, napkins, etc. You’ll need so you don’t have to outsource anything except a caterer, photographer, and DJ. If you are the type of bride (like me) who did not want to pick out napkins but still enjoys a little DIY set up, this is a great space for you.

This is really a special place and I feel so lucky that I got married at OHB. I am eternally grateful to Kerri for helping to make our day so magical. I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing.

C
Carrie B

Married on 06/08/2019

Picture Perfect

Owls Hoot Barn or OHB is a picture perfect barn wedding venue. The property is absolutely stunning and Kerri the venue owner is a joy to work with. While a bit more DIY than other traditional venues, it's all worth it. We could not have picked a better venue to have our special day at. Thank you Kerri!

Allison Emmet

Married on 05/18/2019

Experience of a Lifetime

(May 18th Wedding): There are truly not enough words to describe how incredible our wedding experience was at Owls Hoot Barn. This venue is honestly the most special, intimate, and unique place we could've ever imagined. Firstly, what drew us in and really sets this venue apart right off the bat from other barn venues is the fact that you get the opportunity to stay right on the property from Wednesday-Sunday of your wedding weekend. This was huge for us, as it really turned into a full weekend experience that we got to really enjoy (versus feeling like 1 day that was over in the blink of an eye). This gave us time in the days leading up to really decide on how we wanted to utilize and decorate the spaces, etc. Which made the day-of so much smoother and more relaxed. The possibilites are endless here, and you have access to TONS of decor and furniture items. There are multiple other gorgeous homes in addition to the bridal cabin ("Owls Nest"), that I recommend having family/bridal parties stay in. It was a lot of fun having our family all right there with us, and not worrying about transportation, not to mention the accomodations are so dreamy and comfortable. You really have so many options on the property to really make your wedding unique and your own. We lucked out with amazing weather, but should it rain, the pavilion/backup rain plan is still gorgeous, and no need to worry about renting any tents or anything! I don't even know where to start with the venue owner, Kerri. SHE IS A GEM. Honestly, she is a true force. She is SO friendly, organized, and helpful if all of your planning needs. She also goes above and beyond not only with recommendations for vendors, but in following up and working closely with them to get things done. Kerri is very detail-oriented, and will make sure no stone is left unturned. I knew I'd have a great wedding day, but I really had no clue just how absolutely perfect and beyond my expectations everything would turn out. Our guests absolutely RAVED about how much they loved the property and the barn, and are even still talking about it weeks later. What an experience of a lifetime. Endless amounts of gratitude from the Joyces to Kerri and the entire Owls Hoot team! All of you made this the best wedding we could've ever dreamt of. THANK YOU!

C
Cara

Married on 10/20/2018

What a Wonderful Experience

We could not have been happier with our experience at Owls Hoot Barn. From the moment we met with Kerri, we knew that she would take great care of us, and she was one of the main reasons we decided to choose the OHB over another barn venue in the area.

Boy did we make the right decision. Everything was absolutely beautiful, the venue had all the decorations we could ever have wanted for my perfect Pinterest wedding, and the location is to die for. Everyone kept saying how unique and special our venue was, and that they wanted the "Adam and Cara special" for their own wedding.

It wasn't just the beauty of the venue and perfection of the venue, but the experience as a whole. As part of our contract, we were able to come up on the Wednesday before our wedding, and relax before we had to finalize everything on Thursday and Friday. It felt like a mini getaway, and helped with overall stress of planning. Kerri is a master at what she does, and our parents raved at how seamless she made things. We could not have done it without her, and everything went off without a hitch.

I am so sad it is over, but am so glad we chose the Owl's Hoot Barn as our venue.

Lauralyn

Married on 09/22/2018

Where do we begin with our gratitude and thanks to you and your team. We found the venue on the internet searching for a barn, and all it took was one visit and we had fallen in love with the Owls Hoot Barn. We knew the search was over. What you have achieved in your little corner of Coxsackie is nothing short of heavenly, even our guest agreed.
A huge thank you to you Kerri, as we also need to thank Heidi, Jen and Matthew who work tirelessly to make sure that everything was perfect for our special day. Now to accept that it is now a lovely memory, thank you again for allowing us to use your beautiful venue. It's true they say that you need to make the most of the day as it goes by so quickly. Before we knew it everyone had left and the day was over. Thank you again for all the emails and phone calls, that you always answered! We don't think there will ever be words to do justice for all you have done for us. We are not too proud to admit that we all shed a tear driving off the grounds as we left. We are hoping to visit with you again, as we have made new and wonderful friends and we now have a very warm spot in our hearts for all of you!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts with love and appreciation
The Casarella Family

G
Gabby

Married on 08/25/2018

I wish we could relive our wedding day one hundred times! Everything at Owls Hoot was simply perfect. Kerri was helpful every step of the way and made our dream wedding come true.

I honestly couldn’t have dreamt of a better venue. The stream, willow tree, secret garden area, pavilion, vintage trucks. The list goes on! This is not just a venue, but an experience.

Everything here was perfect. Kerri really cares about her guests and it shows in all she does. She thinks of every little detail to make her venue unlike any other.

Thank you for everything!

B
Busra Nur

Married on 08/11/2018

Kerri was our biggest luck! With her great style, flexibility, vision, help, and positivity we made our biggest party even better than we would imagine. Her property is very beautiful and convenient for having a ceremony, reception, cocktail hour all very close to each other but also uniquely separated. The farmhouse and the cabin on the property are unique and add tons of character. The interior design in the Farmhouse was spectacular for photos. She has a great taste and will help you generate lots of ideas. Kerri and our Florist Nikki did an excellent job to transform our ceremony under the pavilion when the rain changed our plan! My husband and I were surprised how they created that incredibly beautiful set up in a short amount of time. She was also our the day of coordinator but her help was there for us through the whole process after we booked her! We are so glad to know her and have an amazing wedding at the gorgeous venue she created! Highly recommend!

N
Natalie

Married on 08/04/2018

Owls Hoots Barn was the first venue my husband and I had seen together (I went to see one or two on my own) and we instantly fell in love. We knew all of our friends and family would have a great time and be truly impressed. The property is spacious enough for everyone to roam around and not be confined to the four walls of a traditional wedding venue. The barn and property have so much charm there is no need to go crazy with decor or florals. Kerri has every single decoration you could ever think of, and I didnt have to break the bank with florals because this venue is gorgeous without them!
Kerri Corrigan is amazing to work with! Everything at Owls Hoots Barn runs seamlessly and you know she loves what she does and knows how to do it. Planning a wedding 3 hours away (we live in Brooklyn NY) can be a little nerve wracking but Kerri explains and helps you with everything thoroughly, via email, texting, phone calls etc. Her day of staff is also amazing and I received so many compliments from guests on how friendly and welcoming they were.
I really can't say enough good things about Kerri & Owls Hoot. If you are thinking about booking this venue, go for it, you won't find anything like this especially with a venue owner who cares as much as Kerri does! Thank you again for our WONDERFUL day!

Lisa

Married on 06/23/2018

I literally don't know how I could have ever had the wedding that I had anywhere else or with anyone else. I got the wedding I dreamed I could have afforded but at my price point, all because of Kerri. Kerri is completely transparent with you and won't overcharge you like other venues. She has "ins" with other vendors to get you the very best price, and she'll pick up the phone anytime to chat and give advice.

Kerri wants to find the right kind of bride to match her personality. I feel lucky enough to have been picked by her!

A few of the things that I feel like she has that no one else does:
- A historic property with modern amenities (AC, new toilets)
- Gorgeous rental properties right next to the venue (and a free couples suite when you book the barn for your wedding)
- Free decor: She has curated amazing vintage decor over the years, everything you need to decorate and personalize the space, so don't worry too much about bringing mason jars up with you. She already has them (and way way more).
-The beautiful wood tables and cross back chairs for both reception and cocktail hour were included, which was a big money saver for us. Also who wants to think about spending money on renting reception tables. She also includes vintage furniture and accessory pieces that we were given the option to use at both our ceremony and reception.

We wanted a place that truly felt like our own where we were inviting family and friends to come share our special day and that’s just what we got with Owls Hoot. I got so so so many compliments on wedding and the property (and Kerri too). I can't stress how happy I was with my decision. This is the second best decision I made in this whole process... Right after saying yes to marrying my husband. :)

Jennifer

Married on 10/07/2017

I got married at the Owls Hoot Barn This October and it was amazing from beginning to end. Kerri, the owner, was so helpful every step of the way. She made room blocks for me, sent vendor suggestions, and helped me out when I had any vendor issues or problems. We hired her as our coordinator because she does weddings there every weekend she knows the space more than anyone and was able to keep everyone in line, make the best suggestions, and make sure the flow was seamless. We also stayed at the house on property and it was beautiful. Very rustic chic. It was a perfect place to take pictures in the morning while getting ready. This venue is very DIY, we went up on the Thursday before to decorate the entire place.. If you are looking for a catering hall type of place this is not for you. If you are looking to make your wedding unique and show off your style from beginning to end then this is the best venue to do that. We had a bunch of props and decorations but we also took full advantage of the garage of decorations she has available to make my wedding special and unlike any other that has been there before. Its a lot of work.. But its worth it, people will remember your wedding as it will stand out from every other wedding they have been too. Loved my wedding at the owls hoot!

Stephanie
Stephanie

Married on 10/08/2016

Don't have enough great things to say about Kerri (venue owner and day of coordinator- which I highly recommend) and OHB. Booked ~1. 5 years in advance for my October wedding after looking at barn venues in the area. The beauty is that you have a ton of flexibility on how you want to do your Big Day. There's only one wedding a week, and you can stay at the on-site bridal suite (a romantic little cabin) the Wed night prior to your wedding. Check out Sunday. If you're looking for a barn, but are worried about renting a total raw space, OHB should be your pick. The venue isn't that old, and that means beautiful bathrooms (haha... But seriously). And furthermore, the venue includes many of your rentals - beautiful farm tables, chairs, silverware, etc (we ended up renting ours based on our caterer's preference), proper electrical (seriously! ), a shed full of furniture, lawn games, other decor - both bought by the venue and donated by previous brides. If you don't want to spend hours looking through, don't worry, there's a network of people to help! I would not describe myself as DIY but wanted a very, unique, original look that required DIY and got all the help I needed. The staff at OHB went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy and all the details were on-point. Everything is here, except for the food! (You need an off site caterer). There are beautiful grounds - on the rustic, unmanicured side. I felt that the ground were so pretty any season you didn't need to do much floral wise to the outside area. There are so many ceremony choices as well - from a beautiful bridge over a creek, to a tree with a swing, to another tree stage area. Includes a shuttle from nearby accommodations to run people to and from the wedding (parking is limited), as well as a bonfire. AndI just adore Kerri. She was a Godsend from managing our event to making recs about local vendors. We were blessed to work with her- she is so professional, prompt and client oriented!

M
Meredith

Married on 09/18/2016

This place was 100% a dream come true! All of my fears about a DIY wedding were smashed with Kerri & Amber! I have never been so stress free planning a wedding all on my own! The barn was beautiful, the landscaping gorgeous, the immediate help from Kerri & all of the planning with the town was a breeze! I can't wait to come back to this place!

Jodie

Married on 09/10/2016

Well, where do I begin? My husband and I got married last weekend at the Owls Hoot Barn. It was a fantastic experience all around when working with Kerri and her staff.
We looked at several farm/barn locations before we happened upon the Owls Hoot Barn. The day we stopped at the barn and met Kerri, we knew this was it. It was the venue we were looking for to put our own personal touches. Kerri was super sweet, knowledgeable, easy to work with and willing to accommodate in anyway. She offers a very good price to rent the venue which has lots of good items included, for example; shabby chic China, vintage flat wear, props, lighting, furniture, shuttle service, day-of-planning and multiple rest rooms for your special day. Other venues we would have had to rent everything.
Wether you enjoy a DIY wedding or need to use a decorator, this property is awesome!
It's a must see. Jodie Catrambone #catrambone2016

Jane

Married on 08/13/2016

Kerri Corrigan (owner of Owls Hoot Barn) is a true force of nature - I can honestly say our big day would never have happened without her. Owls Hoot is a truly special place, and much of why we chose it - other than its stunning natural beauty - was Kerri's responsiveness via email and phone. She takes great care of her couples and really helps you feel comfortable with the process. She also gave us access to a ton of amazing local vendors, thereby shortening the research process considerably. And what else can I say about the venue other than it's just stupendously beautiful. We wanted a natural feel for our guests, and a spot where we could have our ceremony and reception all in one place - Owls Hoot delivered the goods. Huge thanks to Kerri and Amber and the whole extended team there for helping make our dreams come true!

Jordan

Married on 10/03/2015

Choosing a venue that we could make our own for several days, and not just an in-and-out wedding, made all the difference. For couples looking for a rustic venue they can make their own, Owls Hoot Barn is a must-see. The owner, Kerri, is incredibly knowledgeable and such a great help. She's involved with all her bookings regardless, but booking her day-of-coordination services is worth every penny!

lisa

Married on 09/26/2015

We looked at nearly every barn in the area and Owls Hoot Barn is so far above the others. While all were beautiful, Owls Hoot barn has extras you just don't find at the other barns. Beautiful farmhouse, chairs, lighting are all included. You get the venue from Wednesday- Sunday which gives you plenty of time to setup and decorate the space. The grounds are picturesque, plenty of spots for the ceremony and to hang out after, they build you a bonfire at the end of the night, if it rains, there is an amazing pavilion on the back, there is a whole garage full of rustic style decor for you to use and contribute to. I just can't say enough good things about this place. The owner Kerri is amazing to work with. She has been planning weddings for many years and that shows in the way she runs her venue. We also use Kerri as our Day of Coordinator and this woman went above and beyond for us. She made our day completely stress free, we didn't have to think about anything.
Highly recommend OHB!

User4598115

2+ years ago

We feel so lucky to have found Kerri and Owls Hoot Barn. We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding -- but this site exceeded our expectations in almost every single way. It is a gorgeous, intimate, comfortable setting. The guests were thrilled by the atmosphere; so many of the comments in the days and weeks after our wedding were about the barn itself, and how welcoming and beautiful it felt. There are so many options for how to use the space, so if you're interested in having a hands on approach, this site is perfect. And you don't need to have a separate wedding planner - for a (small) fee, Kerri will do it for you! So worth it! She is so knowledgeable, helpful, and generous. We never felt worried about asking for anything from her - she genuinely wants the wedding to be as amazing as you do, and she'll go above and beyond to make sure that happens. So much of what went well for us, throughout the whole weekend, was due to her extra little tips or suggestions. We highly recommend OHB.

Annie

Married on 08/16/2015

I'm not even sure where to begin trying to describe how incredible our wedding weekend was at Owls Hoot Barn. From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed and at home and free to roam the property and set up for our big day as we pleased.

We got married in mid-August and Owls Hoot Barn was a dream landscape -- everything was green and lush and magical. It is truly a picture perfect, especially for a wedding. As the day transitions in tonight and everything lights up you will feel like you are in a fairytale. Seeing the inside of the barn with all of the tables set, lights twinkling and seats filled with the friends and family you love most in the world is going to take your breath away.

Kerri is, without a doubt, worth every penny she charges as a wedding planner and more! She is on top of everything, adaptable to any last-minute changes you want to make, and always pops up to answer your questions at the exact moment you realize you want to ask her something. She bent over backwards to help us find ways to accommodate our large number of guests throughout the many different rituals we did at our wedding.

Our guests all commented that this was one of the most amazing weddings they've ever been to and I know that a large part of it has to do with the venue and all of the behind-the-scenes work that Kerri is gracefully coordinating. Several family members also commented on how friendly and attentive the staff were too.

The owls nest where the bride and groom stay is a haven of calm and rest when you need it. The bed is the most comfortable one we've ever slept in and we actually slept super well each night that we were there... Not something I was anticipating the weekend of my wedding!

We ended up having close to 200 guests and the temperature the day of the wedding was above 90°. That said, everything went off like a breeze and despite some of the sweatiness our guests were happily up and dancing and celebrating all through the night.

I
Ilene

Married on 08/08/2015

I'm so, so happy we had our wedding at Owl's Hoot! The entire property is straight out of a fairytale. I couldn't dream of a more beautiful or unique place to get married! It's clear that Kerri put so much thought, creativity and practical sense into designing the venue, from the bigger things (the gorgeous farm tables and onsite kitchen) to the small details (handicap accessibility, storage barn full of decorations for use). Having Kerri's help during the months of planning and the actual day of the wedding was priceless. She's the ultimate problem solver! I would absolutely recommend Owl's Hoot!

N
Nicole

Married on 07/11/2015

I recently had my wedding at Owls Hoot and it was a great experience. Kerri was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive and extremely helpful in so many ways. All of the little touches and details make the venue really special and unique. We had an amazing wedding weekend and are so happy we chose Owls Hoot!

User4177804

2+ years ago

Owl's Hoot is simply the best wedding venue we found. Kerri was wonderful with working with our unique needs.

B
Brittney

Married on 10/18/2014

Owls Hoot Barn made my wedding dreams come true. My guests raved about the venue, Kerri is a great person to work with.

E
Emma

Married on 10/11/2014

We had our wedding at OHB and also hired Kerri for day of planning. We cannot say enough good things about our day. The venue was gorgeous and had everything we ended to make our wedding perfect and unique. Kerri was amazing, responsive, and on top of her game. No complaints, only gratitude and happiness!

Alicia

Married on 10/04/2014

We loved OHB! The rustic space is gorgeous and is perfect for couples seeking rustic, romantic, and DIY weddings. Kerri was very responsive, helpful and flexible. OHB also has a covered pavilion in case of rain which proved very handy as it rained during our ceremony. All of guests loved this picturesque venue!

E
Elisabeth

Married on 09/27/2014

Our wedding at Owls Hoot Barn in West Coxsackie was more amazing than I could have hoped! When we checked out the venue in August 2013, it was still being renovated and had never held a wedding, but I saw the vision that owner Kerri Corrigan had. It looks MARVELOUS! Kerri did a fantastic job renovating every inch of it. It's so rustic, charming, and not overdone. Throughout planning, Kerri kept us up to date on renovations, and promptly answered any questions I had. She was super friendly and knowledgeable. We had the venue from Wednesday till Sunday. I barely needed to use my decorations because the venue is already so pretty and all these lights were hung already. There is a big storage cabin filled with more lights, mason jars, barrels, baskets, lanterns of all shapes and sizes, candles, everything we could need for additional decorations. We had our siblings and some cousins staying with us on site and everyone had the best weekend. Every day we played lawn games and hung out outside. We sat by the bonfire at night. The surrounding area was gorgeous. The wedding went off without a hitch. We were also able to hire a staff person, Amanda, who knew the venue and she handled all the parking, trash, lights, bathroom, cleanup. Kerri was also on hand to make sure things went okay. The venue fee also covered transportation (provided by First Transport, Inc. ) which was great for our guests. Great onsite bathrooms included as well. Also lots of nice furniture to use and rent, including beautiful wood farm tables for the reception. We also able to pick wildflowers. Our private bridal cabin was a great cozy escape from the day of socializing. There were so many lovely places on site to hang out and enjoy time with family and friends. Everyone was comfortable and had a marvelous time. It was everything we dreamed. It felt like home the short time we were there. It was unforgettable! Flowers were from Flower Blossom Farm in Ghent, catering by Hickory BBQ in Kingston.