Back to Patrick Byrd Pro Dj and Event Host

R
Rob

Married on 04/27/2019

Kept the party going!!

Very lively and everyone commented how good he was.

Christy

Married on 10/06/2018

Patrick was the dj for our daughters wedding. He was great all the speaches flowed perfectly he kept the night moving, he even got on the dance floor to make sure we knew the dances. I could inagine the night if he wasnt there, we had nothing to worry about everything went so smooth. As long as he decides to stay in business all my children will have a dj for thier special events. Thanks Patrick

H
Heather

Married on 08/08/2018

He was our DJ at our wedding on June 30th. He is the nicest person and just like his wife he is so accommodating and understanding! His setup and music was perfect! We would recommend him for any event! Thank you for making our day great! :)

S
Shannon

Married on 05/05/2018

Patrick was amazing! His wife was our officiant and we had him from the very beginning to the very end. He did everything we asked including the specific style we had playing before the wedding and the last two songs of the night. Not sure what you want? He has so many songs and variations to choose from and will help you pick. We picked Amazing Grace to be played during part of the ceremony, but apparently it gets used a lot during funerals. He sent me like 5 other options, but still would have played Amazing Grace if we wanted. We had a problem that pulled the my husband and I away for a few minutes, so he actually got on the dance floor and danced with the guests! I would highly recommend Patrick to anybody, especially if your like me and don't really know music. If you do have Patrick as your Dj, I would recommend you have his wife Launa as your officiant since the two of them work so well together.

Alex

Married on 08/31/2017

Patrick was amazing! His wife Rev. Launa Byrd did our ceremony and Patrick was our DJ from the moment I walked down the aisle until our after Party! He was super easy to work with and was very flexible and resourceful to ensure that it was everything we wanted :) We couldn't be happier with his service! He played such good songs that I didn't want to leave the dance floor (only to go to the bathroom lol). GO with Patrick and he won't disappoint you!

User6791457

2+ years ago

Absolutely phenomenal D.J. And really helped us get everything organized. We shopped around quite and for the services provided Patrick is the best choice. Excellent service and communication and he also provides all sound equipment and lighting included in his flat rate (extremely helpful when working on a fixed budget). Do not hesitate to hire Patrick and if you need an officiant for your Wedding, his wife Launa is a great choice and together they made sure we had everything taken care of.

Chris

Married on 05/07/2016

We found Reverend Patrick and his wife (Reverend Launa) on a website and we are so glad we did. We contacted them and contracted with them to officiate our daughter's wedding in Suffolk, Va. We had the ceremony at our home with around 35-40 guest. They were professional, kind, attentive to detail and simply wonderful. We really were clueless on how to conduct a wedding but with Patrick and Launa's guidance we had a wonderful event. Their word is as good as gold and they proved to be the best investment we could have made. Our daughter,s happiness was our main concern and all of her wishes were realized mainly due to this dynamic duo's caring and experience in officiating and DJ (ing). We would recommend their services to anyone. We really can't say enough praise to express our thankfulness to them for making our daughter's special day so memorable.

S
Scott

Married on 03/26/2016

Ladies and gentlemen, any other choice would be the wrong choice! Patrick is the consummate professional and is a pleasure to work with! He made our wedding easy and HIGHLY entertaining! We got several compliments from guests about how it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to! The planning was a breeze a and he offered great suggestions! Be sure to do the newlywed game! It's a riot! ;)

I can't wait until I have another event that he can host! His greatness and a DJ/host is only surpassed by his greatness as a person! Thanks for everything Patrick!

User5453670

2+ years ago

Patrick did an amazing job with our reception. He took all of our input and tailored a reception that was fun and personal. Our guests had an amazing time which was our main goal for the evening. There were no surprises, he takes the time beforehand to meet with you and go over all of the details so everything runs smoothly and you can enjoy your special evening together. Thanks Patrick for taking such good care of us and our guests.

Jill

Married on 05/30/2015

We had so many complements from our guests on how excellent our DJ was. From the start he was very knowledgeable and organized and helped make the whole process much smoother. He provided an excellent outline regarding the timeline and selection of music. As a bride your told that things will go wrong and you have to go with it. I will tell you that by hiring Patrick, you can eliminate anything going wrong in that aspect. The night was simply perfect. He is also wonderful at reading a crowd and keeping the party going. I would recommend him to anyone looking for perfection on their special day. We couldn't thank you enough Patrick!

Jeremiah

Married on 05/15/2015

Patrick was fantastic for our intimate venue. He guided us through everything and helped make the best choices. The wedding was fantastic and his feel for the crowd was the best.

M
Morgan

Married on 05/15/2015

Ashley

Married on 05/09/2015

Patrick did an amazing job at our wedding on May 9, 2015! We could not have asked for a better DJ. When I first started looking for wedding entertainment I was skeptical because you never really know, just because a DJ's performance is not something you can see when handing over the money! Patrick spoke with me multiple times over the course of our planning months to gain information about us to ensure he did an awesome job. He met with us to review all of the details and executed them flawlessly. Patrick handled all of our ceremony music, provided us with microphones, kept the party going during the reception, and provided us with a CD copy of our ceremony music. I would not hesitate to recommend him for any event! He completely exceeded our expectations! Not only did we think he did a great job, we received many compliments from our guests about him. I cannot thank you enough Patrick! :-)

Jane

Married on 05/02/2015

Patrick was an incredible DJ at my daughters wedding. He kept the entire night flowing smoothly and really got the party going. Everyone danced the entire evening! Thank you Patrick!

Cathleen

Married on 09/13/2014

Patrick was an absolute hit at our wedding! We met for the first time over Skype and knew right away that his personality would be a good fit for our wedding. One of the things that really separated Patrick from the rest was his “I’m not just a DJ” attitude and assurance that he would keep our day on schedule and running smoothly. He worked with us months in advance to develop a good idea of our music preferences and helped us plan the music for our pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I didn't realize how much music we’d have to pick, but Patrick and his organized questionnaire package really helped us from getting overwhelmed. For our entire wedding day, our custom music choices really reflected who we are as a couple, which we couldn't have done without Patrick. For our ceremony, he worked with our officiant (which happened to be his wonderful wife) to ensure that she was heard loud and clear. He kept us on schedule all day and kept the party going until they kicked us out. He played a fantastic mix of oldies, dance, fun current music, and special requests. The day seemed to fly by, but some of my favorite memories are those when a majority of our wedding guests, young and old, were out on the dance floor having a great time. Thank you, Patrick!

Courtney

Married on 05/25/2014

Patrick was the DJ/Event Host for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. He was amazing from the consultation all the way up to the wedding, and he understood us as a couple and made sure to make the night perfect for us. I would highly recommend Patrick to anyone for their event. Without him, our entire day would have been completely different so thank you Patrick for everything you did for us!

autumn

Married on 11/30/2013

Patrick,
I had to drop you a little letter thanking you for DJ’ing and MC’ing our wedding. Everything was fantastic! You were able to bring our two different sides of the family together as one on that day and everyone had such a great time. I can’t say thank you enough! You were very professional and the music, lighting, and fun energy you brought to the room made the night so wonderful. I had numerous guests comment on what a great job you did and how much fun they had.
Once again, thank you so much and I will definitely recommend you to anyone in need of a DJ.

Seth and Autumn Mongold

User2319237

2+ years ago

This Dj was wonderful. He took his time with us to prepare each and every detail. He was very patient with us and really has a wonderful personality. Awesome job Patrick.

Katherine

Married on 01/12/2013

Patrick was an amazing DJ. He was more than happy to play anything we wanted, and if he didn't have a song, he got it. We hand picked all the music for the ceremony and told him to do whatever he felt was best for the reception.
He is a great MC, and really engages the crowd. He has tons of great ideas for songs to play, and activities to do. He even gets out there and leads the group dances!
Patrick really seems to love what he does and it shows in his work. Everyone at my reception had a great time and was impressed with his work. I would recommend Patrick to anyone! (And his wife, Rev. Launa @ A Blessing From Above as officiant, they are an amazing team)

User2562155

2+ years ago

He was awesome, he helped my husband and I pick the right song for the right place, and was able to keep the mood going good for the whole night, and he even got out on the dance floor and danced with us!

Kimberly

Married on 07/21/2012

Patrick and Launa are absolutely amazing! Launa did an amazing job officiating our wedding and catering to what we wanted included in the ceremony. Patrick is the best DJ! He also did an amazing job at following what we requested. He got out on the dance floor and danced with the party, he made jokes. I had a lot of things "go wrong" or not go my way that day, but Patrick made my wedding amazing. If you need a good DJ or Officiant they are the ones to go with.

T
Tara

Married on 06/15/2012

Our wedding was June 15th, Patrick was outstanding and by far the best dj I've ever seen or heard! He had the entire group dancing and laughing throughout the night! Our guests are still telling us that our reception was one of the best!
We live in Northern VA and Patrick spent over 2 hours on Skype with us to make sure we had every detail of our reception thoroughly thought out prior to the big day!
My husband and I highly recommend Patrick's dj service and we will use him again anytime we need a dj!
Thanks Patrick
Tara & John

Breanne
Breanne

Married on 05/27/2012

Patrick Byrd is absolutely amazing! He is the perfect DJ - he worked with my husband and I to develop a song list that fit our preferences, including all the songs that we wanted and having an array of suggestions for all those moments throughout the night! He helped us make our wedding party entrance unforgettable - people cannot stop talking about our performance! He is so incredibly friendly and personable and makes you feel completely comfortable knowing that he will make the night run smoothly! Our wedding started 30 minutes late, but he kept the events going without feeling too rushed. All of our guests enjoyed the selection of music - my friends AND grandmothers could not get off the dance floor :) Him and his wife Launa, our officiant, are the perfect duo to make your wedding day all you could hope for!

Kara

Married on 05/05/2012

Patrick was amazing! He was flexible and worked with us to ensure perfect ceremony and reception music and service. He is very knowledgeable and offered insight that only a experienced DJ would be able to provide. He answered all emails and questions in a very timely manner. He was on time for our rehearsal and wedding set up. He created a timeline that allowed the reception events to run smoothly and perfectly. I was so impressed and so were my guests!

Michele
Michele

Married on 08/27/2011

We were truely blessed the day we met Launa and Patrick at a wedding show. We knew within seconds they would be the officiant/DJ team we had been looking for to help make our special wedding an event of a lifetime. They were not only extremely happy to help with our same sex marrige, but made the event an opportunity to prove to family and friends that our wedding was as important at any other. Ou... R wedding was the day of the hurricane in 2011 and through the storm they made in through the Hampton Roads Tunnel (with their kitten in tow) to our wedding. It was a service that was amazingly beautiful and personal and there was not a dry eye in the room. The reception was a party indeed, where there were people dancing all night long. We were so blown away by their skills and their passion in what they do that we even hired them to throw a surprise dance party for our son a few months later. Whether it was our wedding or the birthday party, they have always gone above and beyond to make unforgetable memories. We are proud to refer them to anyone who is looking for an amazing ceremony!