Back to Pennington's Cakes

Alison
Featured
Alison Bandy

Married on 10/21/2018

BEST tasting cakes EVER & gorgeously designed!!

I'm absolutely blown away by the taste and design of their cakes! They couldn't have been better to work with - Stephen and team are AMAZING! We told them exactly what we wanted for both cakes, and they blew us away! We found them, but our caterer confirmed we made the right choice (kept insisting she's tasted all & they're the best). Then, other vendors & ALL the guests were asking where we got our cakes! We are thrilled to this day to have used them - best wedding cakes ever! Thank you so much!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Alison! Many blessings to you both! We loved doing your cakes. Thanks so much for the honor of being a part of your big day! Hope to see you soon!

MELANIE
MELANIE

Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Service! Amazing taste!

Stephen was great from the beginning to end! Scheduling the tasting was simple and convenient and they even prepared a sampling for my children. Stephen was flexible with changes throughout the entire process and did everything with a smile. The day of delivery went smoothly and even though they forgot the stand (I didn’t even notice) everything was beautiful and perfect! And the taste? Oh wow! We chose the pineapple and the chocolate ganache and both were to die for! So delicious and fresh! Thanks again Penington’s! I couldn’t have asked for anything better!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Melanie! We loved making your cakes. We wish you many blessings and many happy years together!

Maggie Nowka

Married on 05/18/2019

Weddingcake

We had a fabulous experience with Pennington’s! We ordered 6 cakes total and everyone LOVED them. In fact, we had none leftover! They captured just what we wanted as far as the design and overall look of the cakes. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for wedding cakes out there!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Maggie! We loved making your cakes!! God bless you and congrats!! We wish you all the best!

T
Tara

Married on 10/06/2018

They were very patient with me and my needs changed and kept adding more to the order! Very flexible, the cookies and cupcakes were great. The wedding cake was beautiful and they delivered exactly what I had in mind! Thank you all very much!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Tara! We were honored to be a part of your big day. Congratulations and many blessings!

K
Kelsey

Married on 01/31/2018

They provided a beautiful cake in a very short notice!

J
Jennifer

Married on 11/03/2017

Our cakes were fantastic! They were as we envisioned and discussed. Stephen was wonderful to work with and was super flexible with our changes and responsive to questions. There was only one small issue that I noticed and that is that the fondant was buckling on the back of one of our cakes. I am not sure what was happening, but luckily they were able to put that to the back, therefore, it wasn't an issue. Perhaps it was a bit too humid for the cakes (it was quite humid even with the cakes inside). Overall, we had a fantastic experience.

The cakes were also all delicious. The tiered cake was strawberry with vanilla buttercream, one side cake was chocolate with chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream, and the third was white cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. The chocolate was by far the favorite and disappeared quickly. All three were moist, perfectly baked, and delicious.

I highly recommend Pennington's Cakes and will be back for future events!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! We are so pleased you loved your cakes. We look forward to many more happy occasions to come!

B
Brittany

Married on 10/20/2017

They did an beautiful job with our wedding cake! My MIL had surprised with getting our cake, and I couldn't have been happier! We had gotten Almond cake with Amaretto frosting, and it was delicious. I am definitely looking forward to eating it again for our first anniversary!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Brittany! We loved making your cakes and are thrilled you were happy with our service! Many thanks to your MIL for making sure you had that memory on your wedding day! Blessings to you in your new life together!

Vanessa
Vanessa

Married on 09/30/2017

Pennington’s did an amazing job on our cake and grooms cake. Everyone loved it and talked about the amazing taste of the cake as well as the look. My husband and I absolutely loved it and do not regret picking Pennington’s.

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Vanessa! We are so happy that you loved your cakes! We loved making them for you. Many blessings in your new life together!!

Megan

Married on 06/17/2017

I could speak for days about my experience with Pennington's. Just wonderful! You have come to the right place. I booked them for my wedding this past June and worked directly with Stephen. He was amazing! There was one day I stopped by unannounced and he wasn't in, but one of his employees helped me with no issues at all.

Like most bride-to-be's, I tried several different cake places, but this was the most affordable option plus amazing quality cakes and excellent service. I didn't think you could tell the difference in good quality cakes until I went cake tasting for my wedding and I soon learned the difference!

Stephen was very thorough from day one and was open to any and all suggestions I had. As our wedding day got closer, I had already paid off the cakes but realized that the serving amounts were much larger than my expected guest count, as that amount changed from my original anticipated amount. Well not only did Pennington's adjust our order to accommodate our new count, but were quick to refund what they owed us.

The quality of cake can be seen in the pictures (they were even better in person) and the taste was talked about for days with my family and friends. We had two cakes for our wedding with about 4 or 5 different flavors because all the cake was so good we couldn't narrow it down! Thank you Pennington's for being so incredible. We will be back!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Megan! We LOVED being part of your day. We had loads of fun making your cakes, and we look forward to making more for you for whatever occasion you need. Many blessings to you and Juston!

User7893476

2+ years ago

Best cake I have ever tasted, and gorgeous too.

S
Sarah

Married on 12/29/2016

I would highly recommend Pennington Cakes! Stephen was a pleasure to work with and we got exactly what we were looking for! The cake and cupcakes that we got tasted amazing! People kept asking us where we got them because they loved them so much.

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! We loved making your cakes and cupcakes. Many blessings!!

A
Angela

Married on 11/10/2016

Highly recommend for your next cake whether its wedding, birthday etc we gotten so many compliment's on how goof the cake was..

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Angela!! We appreciate your kind words. And we do hope that word is "good" not "goof." lol Many blessings to you!!

E
Emily

Married on 05/14/2016

Pennington Cakes baked our Bride and Groom's cake for our wedding. They did a fantastic job. The cakes were super moist, EVERYONE was wondering who baked them. My brides cake was a 4 tier cake, so we had red velvet, white, and chocolate, (top tier for anniversary cake). Groom's cake was yellow cake with chocolate ganache- may sound simple but the flavor was amazing! Also, they were reasonable. Our wedding was in Austin and we checked out many vendors in the Austin area, yet Pennington Cakes in San Marcos topped all the bakeries in Austin- price and just delicious, moist cakes! Most definitely recommend them.

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and for choosing Pennington's Cakes! Many blessings to you!!

Morgan

Married on 05/14/2016

Penningtons did an amazing job on our cake! They went through the tasting with us and showed pictures to help guide me to my perfect cake. On the day of our wedding, they were swamped with college graduation but they still showed up on time and gave us great service. They decorated our cake with fresh flowers, which were provided by our florist making it look gorgeous. Our cake was a white with raspberry filling and was delicious! I'm so happy we chose them.

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Morgan! You were a dream to work with and we are thrilled you loved your cakes. Many blessings and happy wishes to you both!

A
Amanda

Married on 04/30/2016

Our wedding cakes were amazing, not only were they beautiful but extremely delicious! My cake was a gorgeous 5 tier with beautiful mermaid scales going up the cake husband wanted his cake to be a Yeti ice chest, they delivered! Not only did it look exactly like a yeti ice chest, but they added fake ice cubes and a red fish coming out of the cooler. His cake was a huge hit at our wedding. Great friendly service with beautiful and great tasting product! My family has been using them for years and will continue to!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Amanda! Many blessings to you and Cory! Thanks for the kind words. We are thrilled you were happy with your wedding cakes. We had a lot of fun making them! Hope to see you soon!

K
Kate

Married on 04/17/2016

We loved our cake! Since we live in Boston, we were unable to come in for a cake tasting before choosing Pennington's for our wedding. However, we hired them based on all of their amazing reviews, and they were definitely right! After a 20-minute phone consultation with Steven, we placed our order. The cake was absolutely DELICIOUS and looked just like I imagined it would! Our wedding coordinator saved the top tier for us to enjoy on our anniversary, but the cake was honestly so good that we couldn't wait. We invited a few friends back to our hotel and polished off every last crumb the same night! Oops! ;) Thank you for your beautiful and yummy work!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We are so thrilled that you loved your cake. Loved meeting your sweet family briefly at the resort. We wish you and Emmanuel many blessings in your life together!!

C
Claire

Married on 04/08/2016

Very kind and helpful staff. The owner often corresponded with us directly and was always happy and helpful when answering my questions, making suggestions, or working with me to make changes to our order.

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Claire! We send you blessings for a long and happy life together!

User6782661

2+ years ago

The cakes were absolutely deliciously amazing! Everyone LOVED the way they looked and tasted!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you for choosing Pennington's Cakes! Many happy wishes for you!

E
Erika

Married on 03/20/2016

Pennington's Cakes did an amazing job on our wedding cakes. They are incredibly friendly and very accommodating. And the cake is delicious! I would highly recommend them for a wedding or any event!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Erika! We are thrilled that you loved your cakes. We loved making them for you! Many blessings to you and your husband!

T
Tori

Married on 02/12/2016

Pennington Cakes was the only must have on my list. And it really was not negotiable! The flavour and presentation was everything I had hoped for and more. LOVE their cakes. Don't know how I am going to get one for my anniversary as I am on the other side of the world... Might have to air freight it!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Tori! We miss you on this side of the world!

User6142686

2+ years ago

It was Thursday 12/17/15 and I realized I forgot a crucial part of my wedding... The CAKE! I heard about Pennington's Cakes through wedding wire and saw all the good reviews so I called them Thursday afternoon. Even though it was very short notice I called and was transferred to Stephen. He was extremely helpful knowing I was getting married in less than one week. I didn't go to any consultations or taste their cakes. I got off their Facebook website and asked if I could get it exactly like that and when they delivered it, it was even prettier than the one I saw. When it was time to cut the cake I was extremely excited because I couldn't wait to taste it. When I had the first taste it was amazingly delicious! The top part of the cake may not even make it for my husband's and I one year anniversary because it was that good! I would definitely recommend Pennington's Cakes to anyone who is having an event or even just to satisfy their sweet tooth. I live four hours away from San Marcos and I will definitely drive the four hours to get another taste of their cakes!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

We loved helping you in your dilemma! And we are thrilled you loved your cake. Thank you for the kind words. I hope you're enjoying wedded bliss together. Many blessings to you and we hope you come see us again - maybe for an anniversary cake? :-)

Monica

Married on 10/04/2015

Pennington’s was recommended by a close family friend who used them for their own wedding. Stephen, the owner, did a tasting with us and was very helpful. My fiancé and I aren’t into anything super sweet and to our pleasant surprise, their sugar-free icing was exactly what we were looking for! They were easy to work with, had delicious cake and were very reasonably priced. I changed my mind on a couple of things during the planning process and they were very easy to communicate with. I showed them what look I was going for and left it up to them and my flower girl to create my cake. I had complete faith that they would do an amazing job, which made it easier for me to relax on the day of the wedding, which was invaluable. I am so happy I used them for my wedding! Kind people and a fantastic product!

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Monica! We are so grateful you chose us for your big day. Many blessings to you and Heath in your new life together!

User4020228

2+ years ago

I decided to go with pennington's cakes after all the great reviews I have read about them and their services. We met with Stephen for a tasting and I can't even begin to describe how amazing all of the flavors are they offer. We decided to go with Italian creme and they were able to work with me on the cake design I found on pinterest I wanted. Also, my fiance is a game warden and they are able to make camo cupcakes for his grooms cake!
They were so easy to work with and change my order as I have needed so far. I can't wait to taste everything and see how it all turns out.

R
Rowdy

Married on 04/25/2015

Great job all around. The cakes were delicious and beautiful, arrived on time and the whole process was hassle free.

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks you guys! So appreciate your kind words. Many blessings in your life together!

User4625879

2+ years ago

We used Pennington's for a Graduation cake and they were awesome! We selected a design from their photos, made some custom requests, and asked for delivery to the restaurant where we had the graduation party. They were wonderful to work with over the phone (we were in another city), the cake was delivered as promised, looked exactly as we had requested, and I can honestly say this was the best cake I have ever tasted! Everyone raved about it! It was fresh, moist, beautiful and delicious! I would highly recommend them as a wedding caterer!