Back to Philip Gabriel Photography

Featured
Stephanie

Married on 02/23/2019

The Best in the Business

Philip Gabriel photography’s quality is unmatched. Before we even chose to go with Philip Gabriel (PG), we knew they were the best because all the photos we saw of our venue (Ballroom at the Ben) that we adored were PG photos. Meeting the team and speaking to Gabe confirmed we would be in the hands of someone who was equally as passionate about capturing our memories as we were.

From the beginning, Anya at PG made us feel comfortable and answered all of our questions to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the whole process. It was great to have someone guiding us through our wedding planning that made us feel like VIP clients.

Everyone in the PG staff, and especially the two Gabes, have wonderfully ebullient personalities. They made us feel at ease during our wedding day; hours of photos flew by and we can now look back at all our photos with amazement on how beautifully they were captured. Not a moment during our wedding was missed as the PG crew seamlessly blended into the background. We don't know how they did it but it was exactly what we were looking for!

We’re so glad to have put our trust in Gabe and Philip Gabriel. Their work is exquisite and we’re so excited to have these gorgeous memories to last us a lifetime!

Dayna
Dayna

Married on 06/01/2019

Best choice i made!

I could write a whole novel about how happy I am to have worked with the Philip Gabriel team for my wedding photos. Philip Gabriel is really the best in Philly. On my wedding day I had the pleasure of working with Gabe (G2), Lauren, and Heather. They were fantastic and I can't thank them enough. When I felt nauseous they gave me their water and food. They were always thinking of us and made us all feel so comfortable. They are all so talented, thoughtful, and warm. They also made the day of photos so much fun! I couldn't have made a better choice! They truly went above and beyond. We received preview images and they are OUTSTANDING. I can't stop gushing over them. Can't wait to see the rest!

Kristine
Kristine Walters

Married on 04/06/2019

Every Picture is Perfect

We are so, so happy we picked Philip Gabriel as our wedding photographer! The whole team is fabulous and Gabe makes every photo opportunity comfortable, beautiful, and easy. My husband was uncomfortable during our Engagement shoot and then a little more reserved during our Wedding Day and Gabe helped to make him feel so comfortable that he embraced the experience and now we have gorgeous engagement and wedding photos.
For the actual Wedding Day, I was a little ambitious with all the family and friend photos I wanted to have. But instead of Gabe and his team negotiating and telling me it would be impossible, they came up with a strategy of how we could make it all happen and IT DID! And the best part? They managed to get all of those special photos without disrupting important moments and conversations or by taking us away from our guests. Every photo occurred seamlessly throughout the day and night. It was perfect.
I should also mention that every photo is beautiful and makes me feel like model. Philip Gabriel knows how to make you feel and look stunning.
Thank you, Gabe and team for the perfect day.

Mike
Mike Cottone

Married on 10/13/2018

A Dedicated Photographer who made the day fun and easy

We worked with Philip Gabriel for our Philadelphia wedding on October 13th, 2018. The process for working with PG was very easy, from our initial meeting with Gabe Cariola (G2) through the contracting and package selection process, through to the big day. About four weeks out from the big day, we had a call with Gabe to discuss our timeline, beginning at the Logan Hotel, with first look at Logan Circle, a trolley pickup, more pics at the Barnes Museum and Rodin Museum, then transportation to Tendenza for the main event. Gabe, the secondary shooter Jeff, and their assistant did an awesome job directing us enough to get the shots that would looks great without making the process seem overly stage-managed. We were able to talk and have fun with our bridal party and parents while we were shooting. Once we got to Tendenza for some family pictures before the rehearsal, we made very efficient use of about 25 minutes of time to get both family pictures and some portrait and individual shots in the Piazza at Schmidt’s. From that point onward, the posed pictures ended until cake cutting, and Gabe and Jeff blended seamlessly into the background of our ceremony and reception and allowed us to not give another thought to the picture-taking process. We were thrilled with choosing Philip Gabriel and would recommend them to anyone. We can’t wait to see the final product!

G
Gabrielle

Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely the BEST!

Our wedding was 10/13/18, and wedding planning sure was stressful! The crew at Philip Gabriel made this whole process so much easier on me. The months leading up to the wedding I had been communicating with Anya a whole lot. She answered emails efficiently and called me to answer my questions. She put me at ease when I was feeling concerned about how the day would flow and assured me there was nothing to worry about.
Well, she was right! These guys made my wedding day perfect! Gabe Fredericks guided us through Old City, Philadelphia, snapping photos of us in the most beautiful locations. The afternoon was seamless, and FUN! His sense of humor had us laughing the entire day. The crew made me and my husband, our bridal party and families feel comfortable throughout the day, as smiling for photos for hours can be strenuous, but the time passed by effortlessly.
I just received all of my photos about a week ago. As if the day feeling perfect wasn't enough, these photos are absolutely magnificent. True pieces of art. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
Thank you guys for not just being wonderful photographers but also wedding planners, tour guides, and comedians to boot! We love Philip Gabriel!

M
Michelle

Married on 06/09/2018

I used Philip Gabriel Photography for my wedding June 9th, 2018 at the Bellevue in Philadelphia. The specific photographer at my wedding was Gabe Cariola of the two Gabe's. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience from start to finish with the company, especially Anya, who was so incredibly helpful every step along the way. I would use them again 100x over, and will likely use them again in the future! They are honest, respond quickly, and were a pleasure to work with. I have not seen the images yet, but have no doubt that they will be incredible. They were great about making the timeline and giving guidance on where to take pictures with adjustments that day. Gabe was so professional and had the best sense of humor, making everyone (especially my mom who hates taking pictures) at ease, laughing throughout the day. I never thought one of the most fun parts of the day would be hanging out with them! He was quick and efficient. I had not met him before that day and he was quick on his toes about making good decisions about our timeline according to that day. If you want to have fun with professionals on your big day and be able to relax as well has have a company that communicates very well with you, don't hesitate to book them! You will not be disappointed!

Karen

Married on 06/09/2018

We cannot say enough amazing things about Philip Gabriel Photography. We used them at our wedding on June 9, 2018 at the Crystal Tea Room we could not have asked for a better photography team! Gabe Fredericks and his entire team were absolutely AMAZING! They were all so much fun to be around and helped make the entire day go perfect. Anya was awesome and extremely responsive through the entire planning process and was so helpful throughout the entire wedding day as well! Gabe made sure to capture every moment of the day. He was lying down in the middle of the street getting the most incredible photos and we can’t thank them enough for capturing our special day. If they are available for your date, book them immediately! You will not regret it! I will definitely be using them in the future!

L
Laura

Married on 05/05/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars for Philip Gabriel Photography, I would! They were all so fun and easy to work with! I highly recommend them to anyone who needs professional photos! We genuinely laughed all day and they made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera! Our whole bridal party had a blast taking pictures. I cannot wait to see the finished product :)

E
Emily

Married on 04/28/2018

WOW! Working with Gabe and his team was a dream come true. I've worked with Gabe numerous times as someone I recommend to my own clients and was fortunate enough to have him as my photographer for my very own wedding. Gabe was just as full of positive energy from the time he arrived until the end of the evening when he departed. He achieves the perfect balance of being lighthearted and funny (which you need in those stressful moments) as well as being serious to capture the raw emotion of the day.
He and his team were extremely organized and detail oriented through the planning process and on the big day. As a bride, I did not have to worry about anything. That is the most amazing feeling when you can just be the wedding couple and let the professionals do their thing! They were on top of every detail and every photo opportunity. My guests are still talking about how the photographers were everywhere all night long yet not intrusive of our celebration. I think our guests are equally excited as we are to see our photos!
We are SO happy that we had the chance to work with Gabe and his fabulous team. Thank you also to Anya (so patient and easy to work with), G2, Phil and Nicole. You are the best team out there and we hope to have a chance to be your clients again!

Jenna

Married on 04/27/2018

I worked with Monica, and everything was amazing. She answered all my questions along the way, was amazing the day of, and out photos turned out amazing.

Jennifer

Married on 02/16/2018

I am responsible for planning our Corporate Event every year, which includes hiring a photographer to capture our employees both candidly and in group shots. I have worked with Philip Gabriel for a few years now and they are hands down the best. So easy to deal with, communication on par. We typically request Monica to photograph our event and I can always trust that she will capture everything. From flowers, to the employees laughing and playing games, all the special touches. She's very good about making sure to gather photographs of EVERYONE which I adore. It's always a pleasure to look back at the photos because she seems to capture everyone in the moment. We also always have a huge group photo at the end, which she organizes and makes sure you can see everyone. If anyone is tucked away or not smiling,, she notices it and pulls it all together. She's got that eye - looking to see if ties are straight or women's hair out of place. Really there is nothing better than having just a perfect photographer to capture everything you miss as the event goes on. I can't say enough good things about this company!

M
Mariellen

Married on 10/07/2017

Philip Gabriel Photography is amazing! Gabe and his whole team are so attentive to detail. They helped to make our day so special and captured so many wonderful memories. Gabe was one of our vendors that we knew we couldn't do without!

Kristin

Married on 08/12/2017

If I could give them more stars, I would. It was my dream to have Gabe shoot my wedding and from start to finish their service blew us away. We had an engagement shoot in October and wedding in August. Their entire team is professional, personable, talented and easy to work with. Their work speaks for itself but what you don't see is everything they do behind the scenes. Gabe has such a talent for getting people to be themselves in front of the camera. G2 will do anything to get the perfect shot. Right before my father and I walked down the aisle, G2 helped him with the buttons on his tux and made sure that my veil looked perfect. Anya went above and beyond to make the day run smoothly. She helped put my veil on, ran back to the room because we forgot my mother's corsage and has an incredible eye for detail. They make you feel incredibly special and I can't recommend them enough!

A
Amy

Married on 07/01/2017

There are not enough words of thank you that I could said to the photographers of Philip Gabriel Photography that worked our wedding. Gabe Cariola, Jeff and Olivia not only did an awesome job but they were really fun to hang out with all day. By the end of the day they felt like part of the family. They have given us a lasting gift of amazing photographs when all the other parts of the day have faded. And for that I am truly grateful! I received 1700 pictures from that day and each one is perfect! - Priceless family photos, ones of my husband and I laughing, and great shots of our family and friends having fun! I look at them and smile because they did such a great job of capturing the joy of the day! To say that we would highly recommended them would definitely an understatement!

Jenna

Married on 06/03/2017

We used Philip Gabriel photography for our engagement photos in December and for our wedding in June. We are THRILLED with all of the images. Gabe was so fun to work with. He put us at ease when we felt uncomfortable in front of the camera, and he captured everything we wanted and more. The thought of a long photo session made us apprehensive, but working with Gabe made it feel like we were working with a friend who just happened to be snapping some pictures! We didn't even give him a shot list for our wedding because we trusted him so much and he delivered above and beyond our expectations! One final note- throughout the stressful process of planning a wedding, Gabe was always extremely responsive to any questions we had, and always followed through on what was promised to us, immediately. I would recommend Philip Gabriel to anyone!

Samantha

Married on 05/06/2017

Everyone at Philip Gabriel exceeded our expectations! Not only was Gabe professional, friendly, and incredibly talented but everyone else who worked there went above and beyond for us! Anya responded to every email the same day we sent it and our pictures were SO beautiful and really captured everything we would have wanted in the day. They were flexible to work with and also extremely kind. I even had other bridesmaids comment that when she gets married she won't use anyone else. Gabe knows Philly like the back of his hand! I did not have to worry about choosing where any pictures would be. He offered a gorgeous side street for our first look and even took us to this tucked away spot with beautiful greenery for further pictures. He also knows everyone else in the field which is a wonderful addition! All our other vendors were thrilled when they heard we chose Philip Gabriel. Gabe's personality is perfect for this field due to his ability to put everyone at ease and we are SO glad we chose Philip Gabriel for such a special day in our lives :)

B
Bianca

Married on 03/24/2017

We couldn't have imagined a more amazing experience with our wedding photographer! The team at Philip Gabriel Photography is so wonderful! They are always prompt in helping their customers with any questions or requests. They caught EVERY moment of our wedding & we LOVE all the pictures! Everyone is so blown away at how truly incredible our photographer was at coordinating 26 people (yes we had 12 on each side) & how amazing all of the photos turned out. They are absolutely the BEST! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

R
Renee

Married on 12/17/2016

Gabe, Anya and Philip were absolutely amazing in every way. Their work speaks for itself but aside from the stunning photos they take, the way they contributed to the day as a whole was beyond all expectations. They made us feel so incredible and went above & beyond to make the most of our day. It was very apparent that they did not consider it just another job but instead fully invested themselves in every moment. Although we have not yet seen the photos (the wedding was just a few days ago) I am certain that they captured the day in all the best ways possible & we could not be happier in having chosen them. We have received many, many compliments on their behalf from our parents, bridal party and guests. We would highly recommend their services to any couples searching for photography for their wedding day!

Jennifer

Married on 10/29/2016

When I was planning my October 2016 wedding, I went in with absolutely no clue what I was doing. I knew nothing about cake, florists, what kind of dress I wanted. I had no secret Pinterest board. I knew exactly ONE thing. Phillip Gabriel had to do the photography. I've been in love with their beautiful style since I first saw a photo of my friend, captured perfectly mid-champagne toast, with glowing lights and happy faces all around. Now I have my own amazing photos back and I've gotten so many compliments about how amazing they are from countless family members and friends. Looking at them I can actually remember the way I felt during all the moments that got so blurred together in the rush of the day. Real moments and emotions were captured. In my opinion, there is no equal. That may sound dramatic, but it's true.
Now - that's just the photos. Let's talk about the experience. Gabe Cariola “G2” is amazing to work with. He made all of us feel so comfortable and relaxed. He was funny, fun to spend the day with (this is important! You'll be together all day! ), and not afraid to get into the action to make sure nothing was missed. He's extremely professional, good under pressure (we got stuck in traffic on the way back from a location), excellent at improvising and great at capturing the little details that happen when no one else is paying attention. Anya Antonyuk is amazing to work with as well. She's responsive, friendly, professional, and also makes you feel at home. She was the wedding day MVP. We realized that my veil was sewn upside down so it wouldn't work with my hairstyle. Anya whipped out a sewing kit, carefully pulled the stitches out, and sewed it back together - way above and beyond the call of duty. She was also invaluable to the groomsmen, helping to fix bow ties and boutonnieres so everyone looked perfect. She held my purse, my dress, my shoes, my flowers... I would have been a complete mess without her. They are amazing!

A
Andrea

Married on 10/08/2016

I am so happy that I chose Gabe as the photographer for our big day. We chose to do engagement photos to get comfortable with the process and Gabe made it so easy and fun. Then, between the engagement session and our wedding he and his team was available to chat to make sure that we were ready for the big day. On our wedding day, it ended up pouring, but of course- Gabe had an incredible backup plan for everything. I genuinely had no worries about anything the morning of the wedding-- he was in control of the timing, first look, family photos- everything. And, even in the pouring rain, it could not have gone better. He and his team were so easy to work with and so enjoyable to be around. Looking back, when I was engaged and thinking about which vendors to choose I didn't really think about the fact that your photographer is someone that you are with all day long! You need to really like them and trust them completely. Gabe has my highest recommendation- not only for his ability to capture incredible photos, but for his ability to make the whole process feel seamless. He didn't miss a detail, which meant I could actually enjoy every minute!

Shannon

Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I were thrilled working with Philip Gabriel Photography.

Gabe is extremely punctual and professional. He was on time for the wedding and for the engagement shoot. Everything in the contract was honored. He has such a great personality and adds to your day. Since he has been doing this for such a long time he was able to come up with a great plan for where and when to shoot. Last minute we decided to add an additional hour and a half of photography and he was very accommodating. This was just a couple of days before the wedding and it was no problem at all. During our shoot, he physically laid down in front of city hall just to get the perfect shot.

We loved our images and were so glad that we chose Gabe. I don't have any negatives in working with him or his team. I know they are expensive, but what you receive is well worth it.

My husband has already hired Gabe again to do an upcoming shoot for an event that he is hosting. We will definitely be using him for milestone moments for years to come.

C
Carlo

Married on 08/26/2016

Planning a wedding can be a daunting task. In our case, we dealt with planning two back to back - one Catholic, one Hindu. Searching for the right vendors was difficult, there was no audition or even in person meetings, just phone conversations as we were planning from a distance. We had the chance to speak with Gabe on the phone and knew right away we wanted his group at our wedding.

Philip Gabriel Photography was the best vendor decision we made and we can not imagine it having turned out any better. For two days they led us to perfect shots when needed and shadowed us when the mood was more casual. There was never a time we had to find their team, and they were the most professional of all of our vendors. They coordinated with our families and kept the mood relaxed when everything was so overwhelming. We were excited to see our photographs after the long weekend, and were truly blown away when we did.

A wedding is a whirlwind time. People may remember food, music or the venue, but you want the memories of you and your new spouse. You hope to remember a few moments, but having the best photography team capture your memories allows you to relive that day over and over. Philip Gabriel Photography were our photographers but also assisted making our days the best they could be. Thank you to Gabe, Gabe and Olivia for being there for us.

F
Flow

Married on 07/09/2016

True professionals from start to end. We looked online for a photographer for our engagement. Once we got to Philip Gabriel Photography's website and checked the engagement section, we knew they are exactly what we're looking for. It could not have been better than this. Despite a very hot day in Philly, the photographer, Gabe, worked with us with extreme patience, professionalism and care. He was also flexible with our schedule and arrived on time. The pictures... Marvelous! While we were cranky due to the heat and not being used to be in front of the camera, Gabe took some really nice shots that will remain forever in our memory. Kudos to Gabe and Philip Gabriel team. You guys did an amazing job!

R
Rachel

Married on 07/03/2016

We used Philip Gabriel Photography for our wedding in July 2016 and our experience was nothing short of fantastic. Gabe Cariola and his team were very thorough and easy to work with. From the engagement shoot to the “first look” portion of our wedding day, Gabe helped us pick awesome locations and his direction made the entire process comfortable and fun not only for us, but for our wedding party and families as well. Throughout the ceremony and reception, he was able to capture every moment perfectly without us even realizing he was there – the mark of a true professional. The quality and variety of images we received is amazing and we couldn’t be happier.

Kerri

Married on 06/24/2016

We could not have asked for a better photography team! We hit the jackpot with Philip Gabriel Photography. Every member of their team was absolutely incredible! It was amazing to meet Gabe at the beginning of our wedding planning process. Not many photographers take the time to sit down and talk with you before even booking them. He was so personable and easy to talk to, I knew we would work well together on our wedding day. Anya was absolutely fantastic corresponding with us throughout the entire planning process.
On the day of our wedding we were lucky enough to have the all-star photography team of Gabe, G2, and Olivia! They were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We had the best time with them all day long. They made us feel comfortable and at ease when taking all of our photographs. Our family and bridal party raved about how awesome all three of them were and how lucky we were to have them. Olivia hustled all day to keep the bride and groom looking fresh, while making our pictures perfect.

Thank you to Philip Gabriel Photography for capturing the best day of our lives. You did a fantastic job. Our pictures are truly perfect!

~Kerri & Steve Young