Back to Powerstation Events

D
Featured
David & Alyssa

Married on 07/21/2012

Heather from Powerstation was the first photographer we met. It's a shame that we spent so much time after our introduction looking at other vendors as well, because my (now) wife and I knew we loved Heather right from the start. She was extremely personable, and emotionally dove into our wedding planning immediately into our first conversation. I remember us leaving the Powerstation building feeling excited and energized. Heather had that effect on us every time we saw her. It was almost comical that after each vendor we visited during our marathon of research, Alyssa (my wife) would look at me and whisper "She/he was nice, but she/he wasn't Heather". And I completely agreed.

Heather's personality easily carried over into her work on the wedding day. She (and her assistant Krista) were meticulous in their determination to grab the perfect shot that captured all the emotion of that moment. Her creativity was excellent, and she leveraged the most out of each shot environment. Her ideas on the first look and a "grand exit" at the chapel were phenomenal. I was particularly impressed with her ability to command a group of boisterous groomsmen almost effortlessly with some hilarity and wit (which I can assure you was not a generally easy task).

Heather and Krista managed to capture every moment and every emotion, with almost no recognition of their presence by the guests. I'm still not sure how they did it. We were so happy we were able to have Heather available for our wedding day - it was one of the best decisions we made through the entire process. If you're like us, you'll probably be very zealous in your search for the perfect photographer. Our only advice is that you take the time to meet with Heather and see some of her work. We are pretty confident you'll fall in love with her as quickly as we did.

Jen
Jen Wing

Married on 07/13/2019

Easy to work with, great value

We used Powerstation events for our afterparty event at the hotel. Powerstation was great- played the songs we wanted, and were reasonably priced.

C
Christina

Married on 06/08/2019

Energetic and awesome DJ

Dave Salonia of Powerstation Events was the DJ for our wedding 6/8/19. We could not be happier we chose Dave as our DJ! He had our guests on the dance floor the entire night! His energy is contagious and he made sure all our guests were enjoying themselves the entire time! He also diligently took his time to speak with us prior to our wedding to ensure both our ceremony and reception went as we had envisioned. He certainly made our wedding day special and we cannot thank him enough for making it one of the best days of our lives!

Taylor Sutton

Married on 06/01/2019

Kevin was a great DJ

Our DJ was Kevin Williams, and he was awesome. We picked Kevin from the list of Powerstation DJs based on who we felt would fit the feeling of our wedding the best, and Kevin nailed it perfectly. Powerstation gave us an easy questionnaire so that we could give our DJ all the information he needed, then on the day of, Kevin worked well with what was going on and our guests, and made everything, even announcements, feel natural. He and Powerstation had all of the equipment and were able to get set up smoothly and without issue. Our wedding had 80 guests, mostly aged 25-30, but some older people as well.

(We hired Powerstation as our DJ only. Even missing out on some value that we might've gotten by getting multiple services in one place, it was definitely worth it)

Samantha
Samantha Hill

Married on 04/06/2019

Great experience

Kevin was the DJ for our wedding. He was awesome! From our initial meeting, we knew he would be a great personality for our fun, but not 'club-like' wedding. He was excited about our song choices and it showed during the night. He helped everything run smoothly and kept everyone on the dance floor--from 13 years old to 70! They also provided our uplighting, which was great! Powerstation was very easy to work with- I would definitely go with them again for another event.

Julie
Julie

Married on 12/28/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

We had Frank from Powerstation for our wedding DJ on 12/28/18 and he was awesome! So friendly and very easy to work with. We provided an extensive list of songs we definitely wanted to hear during dinner and dance (100+ songs) and he put together a list that flowed and matched the vibe of the night. Frank respected our "do not play" list and also took requests from guests if they flowed with what he was playing and reflected the type of songs we had on our list. He checked in with us regarding volume which we appreciated. You can tell Frank didn't just put together a prearranged list, press play, and sit back the rest of the night - he really was working the entire night; being very attentive to how the night was progressing and in what direction he should go next for a song choice. Everyone was on the dance floor for a solid 4 hours straight which is exactly what we wanted! I absolutely recommend Frank as your wedding DJ!

Holly
Holly Crouse

Married on 11/24/2018

We love Kelsey!

I booked Powerstation for 3 services for my wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills (photography, hair/makeup, and florals) and they all exceeded my expectations in every way! We had Kelsey as our photographer and she was particularly INCREDIBLE! We got to know Kelsey over the phone when we had our consultation and knew immediately she would be a great fit for my husband and me. We had a 1 hour engagement session with her in March where we really began to build our relationship and needless to say we loved our photos. When it came to our wedding day, Kelsey was MUCH MORE than a photographer. She was a therapist and a friend and helped keep us calm all day. She made sure we took EVERY SINGLE PHOTO that we talked about and was adaptable throughout the day when our timeline got a little tight. During our first look, my dress ended up getting a bit dirty from being outside and Kelsey got down on hand and knee and helped my bridesmaids get every speck of dirt out. I am speechless about the service she provided. Knowing that Kelsey had shot tons of weddings at the Barns helped the day flow seamlessly. I could go on and on about how fantastic she was :)... BOOK HER!

B
Brian

Married on 10/13/2018

A Night to Remember !!!!

When my now wife and I sat at the dining room table to review our invite list I started to worry about what music to play that all our guest would enjoy. This is also when my wife reminded me that most of my friends hated the music that I loved. Great now what?
At our first meeting with Power Station Events, Kevin was amazing and put most of our fears away. He’s so easy to talk to and a great listener. You can tell that he has been doing this for a long time and loves what he does. After meeting with him, we picked Charlie S to be our DJ and decided to get a jazz trio for our cocktail hour as we wanted to have a combination of live music as well as a DJ for the reception. My wife is Polish, so we wanted to play some Polish music as well as EDM which we both love. A weird combination, right? Not for Charlie! He was able to find the Polish songs and play our requests without any trouble.
On the big day, the set-up crew arrived early, put up our up lights and adjusted the color to the perfect shade of orange to match our décor, the room looked great, my wife cried when she first walked into the room! The jazz trio was AMAZING! We received so many compliments from our guests on the trio and it was a nice change of entertainment between the cocktail hour and the reception. We even had the option of choosing which 3 instruments we wanted for the trio. We went with sax, piano, and bass which we absolutely loved.
Charlie was amazing as well. He checked in with us before our big introductions, verified the pronunciation of everyone’s names in the wedding party, and let us know the Polish bread ceremony we just added the day before to our schedule was good to go. He nailed the pronunciation of everyone’s names and trust me that some of them were rather long complicated Polish names. After nailing our first dance, Charlie guided us through the bread ceremony, narrating the event for all our guest. Throughout the evening he kept dropping songs that filled the dance floor and kept all our friends dancing. It was amazing to see groups run into the ballroom from the bar and our firepit outside when they heard a song that they HAD to dance to. My now father-in-law is disabled so my wife was worried about her dance with her dad as we were not sure if he would last for the entire song. We expressed our fear and worries with Charlie a few days before the wedding, and Charlie said he will take care of us and cut the song short if needed if he sees that dad needs a rest and that is exactly what he did. Charlie cares, PowerStation cares, and they want to make sure that you have the time of your life on your big day and everything goes perfect! We are so thankful that we entrusted Power Station Events with the honor of providing the entertainment at our Wedding.

Kathryn

Married on 09/22/2018

Our experience with powerstation events was nothing short of exceptional! From the moment we walked in to meet with the vendors to the wedding day! Any question we had were quickly answered! They are pricey but if you want quality and great service in every way possible that is what you are paying for!
Also if you have 2 or more services with them you get a coordinator that works with you if you have questions! Amanda “G” was so helpful!
Keith also was so helpful! He hooked us up with a great guitarist for our ceremony music, Dave G and he played everything we wanted! It was beautiful!
Our DJ Paul! What can we say about Paul! If you want a party, you need to go with Paul! He was so funny and great to work with! He’s so good at what he does! I had so many people remark that night and after that he was wonderful! Music wasn’t loud during the meal time but once that was over It was party time! We were sad we weren’t on the dance floor as much as our guests! Paul would always be our first pick!

Kelsey our photographer was an absolute dream! She was so easy going and efficient! She was more than a photographer that day, she helped with so many things from putting on the boutonnières on all 9 men to sipping up bridesmaids dresses and taking my veil off my head and putting it back in the bridal suite! She was more than willing to help in any way and she was completely focused on getting all the right shots of the wedding and wedding party! We are so excited to get back all the photos!
We also used their lighting and decor! They made everything we wanted into a reality! It looked Luke a dreamy escape with twinkling lights!
The whole powerstation team is seamless! Can not recommend them enough!
Thank you!
Erik and Katie 9/22/18

N
Nicole Liberatore

Married on 09/15/2018

Holly Martin

My wedding day was truly magical. It was hands down my most favorite day. I have so many humans to thank who contributed to this day, Holly Martin is one of them! She is truly amazing at what she does, all of our photos from the serious ones to the goofy came out wonderful and so natural. Holly was so easy to work with and I did not have to reach out once, she was always on top of everything! I highly recommend Holly as she is a 10/10!

A
Amira

Married on 09/08/2018

I can't say enough good things about Powerstation. We had specific types of table settings we wanted for a South Asian themed wedding - something inspired by what we saw on Pinterest that had an impossible time finding anywhere else. Caitlin went on Pinterest and found the exact source that was used in the picture we saw and tracked it down for our rehearsal dinner.. She helped us execute on an idea we had in our heads, cobbled together by what we saw on random pinterest boards, and made it a reality two nights in a row. She drove out of her way to do a site walkthrough ahead of time to make sure all the details were in place, and everything came together seamlessly and without a either of us breaking a sweat. Hire them and make your life easy.

E
Ed

Married on 08/19/2018

If I could give more than a 5 Star review I would. Power Stations was amazing for our wedding! Especially our DJ Dave Salonia who was the best we could have asked for! He had everyone dancing from the moment he was able too! All of our guests raved about how great he was. He was funny, knew our personalities and just made it the time of our lives! Thank you Dave and Team for being so professional and making the overall experience awesome!

kelly

Married on 08/18/2018

Powerstation was just a great company to work with - they listen to what you have to say and work to create that vision. And besides music they work with florists, and transporatation companies so really you could do one stop shopping.
Rich was our DJ - he was so friendly, took into account our wishes and made them all come true. He kept everyone up on the dance floor - dancing the nite away.

J
Jenny

Married on 08/18/2018

Kelsey and Claire were our photographers, they did such an incredible job the day of our wedding, making sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. We just got our teaser photos, and they are absolutely amazing, we can’t wait to see the rest! We loved having Todd as our DJ, he keep the crowd involved and dancing all night long! Our guests loved the photobooth run bubble Heather as well, it was a blast! Definitely recommend Kelsey, Claire, Todd and Heather to anyone who is looking for a stress free day! Thank you all so much!

M
Meg

Married on 08/10/2018

My fiance (now husband! ) and I had a wonderful experience with Powerstation! From our initial meeting about DJ services with Kevin to contracting with Rich, the team answered all of our questions, provided extensive information about their services, and made us feel like we were already part of the Powerstation family! Our friends and family are still raving about what a fantastic job Rich did! He blended our eclectic music tastes with current hits that kept everyone on the dance floor. We are so happy that we chose Powerstation for our special day!

Chelsea
Chelsea

Married on 07/28/2018

Charlie is the absolute best!

I cannot say enough about what a great job Charlie did as the DJ at our wedding. The music that was played throughout the night was exactly our taste and after dinner had everyone on the dance floor. Charlie was also really helpful in deciding our schedule and timing of the night. He made the recommendation to move things around due to the timing of dinner to play a specially requested song and it worked out perfectly, I’m so glad that he was able to facilitate so that we could add that in smoothly to the events of the night. I have also received endless compliments from our guests about how awesome he was and everyone was blown away that he had walked around to personally introduce himself to different tables and made sure everyone was enjoying the music selection. Charlie was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with at our wedding.

R
Rachel

Married on 07/27/2018

We had an incredible experience with Powerstation Events! Our DJ, Dave Salonia, was amazing. He took great care in carrying out the reception exactly as we envisioned it. He kept the crowd dancing the whole time, read the crowd insanely well, and even went overtime and played an exta song when our loud family demanded more at the end of the night! Our Powerstation photographer was Heather Wirsing. Our wedding was only a couple weeks ago, so we do not have all the professional pictures yet, but had an incredible experience with her! She did our engagement photo shoot as well, which we LOVED, so we can't wait for the wedding photos! On our wedding day, she was so attentive to every detail and every random photo request we had. If an unexpected special moment was happening, I turned around and she was already there. I cannot wait to scroll through every image. We also booked the florals, InBloom, through Powerstation. The florists brought my vision to life beautifully. The guests who took the centerpieces as gifts gushed about how beautiful they were, and I loved my bridal bouquet! Finally, we also chose to book Powerstation's photo booth. I was on the fence about the price, but made the call to go for it a couple weeks before the wedding. It was the BEST DECISION. We loved it, our guests loved it, and we now have every image digitally online and physically in a scrapbook that the photobooth attendant made for us that night to take home at the end of our wedding! It is a beautiful memory of all of our guests and their experience at our wedding! Booking four services through one company was so convenient because all already knew each other, were comfortable working together, and followed the same business practices. We were SO pleased and impressed with Powerstation Events!

J
Jaclyn

Married on 07/22/2018

We had Dave S. From powerstation as our DJ - everything was perfect from ceremony music to dance party. Every guest was up dancing at some point, age ranged from 2-80 years old. 100% hands down best dj out there! Customer for life.

Katie

Married on 07/21/2018

Dave Salonia from Powerstation was beyond what we could have expected! His music was perfect during both the ceremony and reception. The dance floor was never empty, and he made our wedding a true party! We loved every moment of our big day and are so grateful Dave was a part of it! The entire team at Powerstation was wonderful. They made choosing a DJ easy! 100% recommend! We also used Helena from In Bloom. Her flowers were unbelievably perfect! She was so organized and on top of everything! Her flowers were beyond what I expected, and did everything so perfectly! We are so grateful!

S
Sharon

Married on 07/14/2018

Our wedding was held on July 14, 2018 at Water's Edge Resort, Westbrook, CT. If you are looking for dj services, look no further then dj, Dave Salonia of Powerstation. We had to overcome a prior situation and Dave came to our rescue. He provided the ultimate in service and professionalism and he really listened to our needs, our choices, our likes/dislikes and proved his high quality dj services during our reception. During our interview, he provided suggestions, music selections, basically constructive advice ,and we always felt that Dave had our best interest. We can honestly say that he played our music (play-list) exactly as we had asked and was able to sense the crowd and provide additional music choices accordingly! Also, his announcement of Mr. & Mrs. For the first time was spot-on--fantastic. With his infectious smile and warm nature, Dave was the consummate professional. Several bridal party members and guests commented positively on Dave's services. Should we need further dj services, we will be contacting Powerstation for dj Dave!
The musicians, to inlcude the violinist and cello player, were exceptional and played beautiful music during the processional and wedding march. Absolutely beautiful! I wish we could give them an oscar!
Flowers-Helena Willis from In-Bloom Florals/c/o-Powerstation was professional and absolutely great to work with. She provided great advice and steered me in the right flower direction. My modern, messy bouquet of a mixture of cream roses cascading down was absolutely stunning and admired by all. The bridesmaids bouquets.. Again were exactly what I had envisioned and were gorgeous!
Steven & Sharon Merzigian

G
Gina

Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I booked our DJ services, decor services, and uplighting through Power Station Events. I am so happy that this company was recommended to us by The River House at Goodspeed Station; they exceeded our wildest expectations. Rich, our DJ, was reliable, knowledgeable, flexible, and got to know our wedding and style personally. Our guests RAVED about the music, lighting, and decorations that Power Station provided. The arch behind our sweet heart table, the gorgeous additions to our sweet heart table, our GOBO, and the little additions to our cocktail hour brought everything together.
If you are in need of a DJ, design, floral, uplighting, or any decor for your wedding, USE POWER STATION. I cannot thank this company enough for everything they did to make our wedding the most beautiful day.

Tracy

Married on 06/22/2018

We hired Kevin Williams from Powerstation Events as our DJ and he was FANTASTIC! All of my guests kept raving about the music all night. He was so fun to work with and definitely kept the party going all night.

R
ryan

Married on 05/27/2018

Dave Salonia was the DJ for our wedding 2 weeks ago and could not have been happier! He was very interactive with the crowd and had a great feel of music to be played as we had a wide age range to please. We also made a couple last minute changes with him that he took in stride. Everything came out perfect. I know that if any of our friends that attended the wedding in the area that were in need of a DJ, I'm sure they would contact Dave for their event. We had numerous people come up to us and say that the DJ was great. Thanks again Dave!

Tiffany

Married on 04/14/2018

Powerstation Events was amazing for us at our wedding! Todd Armstrong was our DJ and he was awesome! We were worried about the music at our wedding being generic, and not reflecting our personalities, and not evoking memories we had made over the years with our guests, but Todd got us right away. He made the whole process super easy, and his sense of humor put us at ease. He took our requests & ideas and put together a stellar playlist that made our night-- from the ceremony to the last song-- absolutely wonderful!

Kat

Married on 04/14/2018

Incredibly comprehensive and high-quality service. I felt taken care of during my appointments and that proper preparation and backup procedures were in place, making using Powerstation a stress-free experience.
The DJ choosing process consisted of an in-person meeting where I was encouraged to express what qualities I was looking for in a DJ and videos of DJs matching my description were shown to me until I chose a DJ perfect for my specific needs. When he had to go on sick leave, I was contacted by phone and directed to the website, where the videos are available to choose another DJ and was able to discuss at length with one of the representatives which might be the best second choice. And it turned out the "second choice" DJ was amazing! He did a great job making me feel like my desires were heard, and he delivered exactly as promised. I had guests asking me "where did you get the DJ?"
Highly satisfied customer, and let my story show that even when things don't go as planned, with Powerstation, they have you covered and care about making your experience amazing and your big day the best they possibly can.