Back to ProTones Lighting & Sound

Featured
Heather

Married on 05/05/2018

A fairytale dream wedding

We used ProTones for our sound and DJ equipment rentals. This was by far the least stressful part of our wedding! Angela was always super fast with email responses and totally flexible when we were being indecisive. They definitely will help you figure out what you need for the wedding without making things complicated and the sound quality was great! Thanks ProTones!

Bailey Kreuser

Married on 08/03/2019

Perfectly perfect event!

Hands down the best lights for the price. Every request was granted. I would not choose the high end lighting thinking this company won’t deliver. She even put garland on the chandeliers

G
Gabrielle

Married on 06/08/2019

Chrysler museum of art wedding

Protones lighting was such a pleasure to work with, super responsive, strived to give me the vision I wanted. Also, I changed things up literally a day before my wedding and she worked with me no problem!

Married on 05/26/2019

Our Wedding Was Unforgettable

ProTones Lighting & Sound was really incredible at our wedding reception. Their professionalism, quality, and pricing compared to other lighting vendors in Hampton Roads were beyond anything we could have hoped for.

Our family and friends were IN LOVE with the atmosphere at our wedding reception and we've received so many compliments about how dreamy and romantic the space turned out. The wedding was just perfect and unforgettable.

Angela and team from ProTones - Thank you for being a huge part of our wedding, we are truly so appreciative of how great you are!

Xavier

Married on 05/26/2019

Our Wedding Was Unforgettable

ProTones was really incredible at our wedding reception. Their professionalism, responsiveness, and pricing compared to other lighting vendors in Hampton Roads were beyond anything we could have hoped for.

Our family and friends were IN LOVE with the atmosphere of our wedding reception and we've received so many compliments about how dreamy and romantic the space turned out. The wedding was just perfect and unforgettable.

SoonToBeMrs.B
Shay

Married on 02/01/2019

No Regrets

ProTones was amazing to work with! At the last minute they were able to pull together without hesitation which was very comforting. They provided great customer service and responded quickly. They were very attentive, nice, patient and very welcoming! Angela was amazing to speak with and even assisted in areas that she saw that I didn't! Would highly recommend them!

Kari

Married on 10/21/2017

Great communication & suggestions, professional-Beautiful lighting!

L
Lisa

Married on 10/20/2017

My wedding was in October and I hired Protones to do uplighting and a customized monogram. The up lighting is such a special touch and adds a lot of character to our venue. They were great with matching colors and finding out exactly what I wanted. I used peach, and they definitely got the color which can be hard to do! The monograms turned out awesome as well. Would highly recommend using Protones for a future event!

E
Eric

Married on 09/23/2017

Best sound and lighting of all time!

A
Adam

Married on 09/09/2017

Very positive, professional and efficient.

J
Jessi

Married on 07/15/2017

Protones did a great job setting up the lights st or wedding. I got to the reception and it was absolutely stunning! The lights add a lot! Angela was very quick to respond to emails. Overall I was very happy with lighting!

Kari

Married on 04/29/2017

I would totally use ProTones Lighting again! I booked them for my son's wedding reception and they were extremely professional and easy to work with. The lighting was everything we asked for and transformed the wedding reception into a beautiful venue! I was completely satisfied with the quality and the price could not be beat! If you don't believe me, compare their prices with all vendors in the local and surrounding areas. I had nothing to worry about. Angela knew our vision and made it a reality! If I ever need lighting for an event in the future, I will definitely go with ProTones and highly recommend them for your event!

A
Aerial

Married on 04/21/2017

I am so glad I found ProTones for my wedding! The service was impeccable and the price was very reasonable. I purchased uplighting and monogramming for the dance floor. Everything was perfect!

Bridgid

Married on 11/04/2016

Please do yourself a favor and contact ProTones for your special event! From the beginning of our search, Angela and Mike were so very willing to work with our budget, meet with us prior to our wedding date to discuss our expectations for our wedding night. They listened, they gave helpful feedback and did it all with big smiles on their faces. This dynamic duo knows what they are doing. Our guests had so much fun and loved our playlist. Thank you, both, for a night that we will never forget!

sherry

Married on 07/09/2016

Michael is SO amazing! He is really personable, creative and accommodating! I was SO impressed with the quality of service, product and professionalism!

sherry

Married on 07/09/2016

BEYOND my expectations! My lighting simply BLEW my mind, it was breath taking, gorgeous and romantic! I can't even begin to express my thankfulness and happiness to Michael and Angela! Very thorough and professional and accomodating! Choose them for your lighting needs for your wedding or special event!

Sherelle

Married on 04/02/2016

Michael and Angela were so great to work with! They went above and beyond and were willing to work with all of our requests! They are the best in the lighting business!

M
Michelle

Married on 10/03/2015

ProTones did an amazing job with lighting for our wedding! They captured my vision perfectly and were able to provide 2 very different looks to the same room since we used the same room for both the ceremony and reception. They answered my questions in a very timely manner and were a pleasure to work with! I would definitely recommend ProTones to anyone wanting to light up their event!

Kirtana

Married on 09/26/2015

Angela and Micheal were fantastic vendors to work with! They were so responsive to our last minute lighting needs and offered reasonably priced lighting services that fit our budget. Our wedding reception looked absolutely gorgeous with a rustic chandelier and bistro lighting! All of our guests really enjoyed the ambiance of our wedding reception and we owe it all to Protones Lighting!

Rachel

Married on 10/05/2013

Of everything I needed to secure finding a dj was the hardest. I was stood up by a another local dj for an appointment we had set, another dj never responded to my email, and another dj that I had obtained a contract from never finalized the hiring process with me. I was really unsure what to do, so I went to weddingwire. Com and found positive review after positve review about protones and I understand why. They were they only dj company that followed through with everything they told me they would do. They were professional, on time, considerate, flexible, and most of all fun. I would recommend their services to anyone.

User3513972

2+ years ago

I had the best night of my life!
A lot of brides hope for the wedding of their dreams but a lot of us are realists and know that sometimes that doesn't happen. But I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that I did have the wedding of my dreams and my expectations were blown out of the water! Not only did Mike have my ceremony music on point but my reception looked like something out of a movie. The lighting was spectacular! My husband and I kept getting compliments on how nice everything looked and we just kept telling people to thank the DJ! Mike was very witty, crowd-friendly and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the Hampton Roads area!

T
Dave

Married on 11/19/2011

To whom it may concern,

We hired ProTones for our wedding in November 2010. We were extremely pleased with all aspects of the service they provided. They were very efficient with set-up and they were happy to work with us in terms of
space management, lights/lighting, playlists, and the level of DJ interaction.

As musicians and as customers, we have found their sound quality to be excellent and their level of professionalism unparalleled.

It is a pleasure to recommend ProTones to anyone looking for a versatile
company to provide virtually all of your sound needs.

Yours Sincerely,

Dave and Jess Weisz

Kylene

Married on 11/12/2011

Best prices in the area! We looked all over at pricing for DJs and ProTones was definitely they best price. Having a DJ is a very important part of a fun and entertaining reception and ProTones did a great job. They were very friendly, timely, and had lots of energy to make our evening so special! I would recommend getting their light specials with the DJ service. It really gave the venue a romantic feel and fun atmosphere (they even used our wedding theme colors!). We have recommended ProTones to quite a few friends who have, themselves, decided to go with them!

Rebecca

Married on 10/07/2011

ProTones exceeded my expectations. Michael was in contact with me from day one. He viewed my wedding venue before hand and made sure that his services would be able to accommodate my needs and wedding outline. He offered suggestions and took my concerns into creating my wedding plan.

My reception was a blast, EVERYONE ( Grandmas included ) were out on the dance floor. The addition of the colored LED lightening made the venue pop with the shade of blue that matched my wedding perfectly. If you are looking for a DJ that will be able to meet all your music needs and
more, ProTones is the right choice for your special day.

Phil and Rebecca Houston

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT DAY. I have already referred you to one!

Best of luck with your business!

Russell

Married on 09/10/2011

I had a very skeptical wife and this was my department. She wanted a party from start to finish, with no dinner music. ProTones had her at ease within the first our of our marriage. Mike did everything right, he met with my caterer, master of ceremonies, and venue personell multiple times before the event. I even had a special presentation for my mother during the mother son dance that I had Mike set up a slideshow for, and it went off without a hitch. The music and ambiance were exactly what we were looking for and I would reccomend Protones to anyone.