Back to Providence G

| Providence, RI See photos, pricing and details

16 Reviews for Providence G

Sarah R

Married on 06/08/2019

Loved this as our wedding venue!

We had our ceremony and reception at the Providence G and absolutely loved it! We had ceremony and cocktail hour on the Rooftop and then reception in the ballroom and both are so beautiful. Our guests gave us so many compliments about both spaces. Rebecca and her staff at the G are so wonderful to work with - she is so thorough and patient with questions and helped make our day run so smoothly.

K
Kelly Mason

Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Venue

I could not be more happy with having the Providence G as our wedding venue on October 20, 2018! We had our cocktail hour on the roof deck with the fireplaces and it was absolutely gorgeous and the food was great! We had the reception in the ballroom which was so elegant and beautiful! Lastly we had our after party at the G Pub downstairs with snacks and games which was so convenient and fun! The venue itself was great but what made our day beyond perfect was the wedding coordinator Rebecca Miller who did everything from helping us with vendor selections to running around the day of to make sure our day was everything we dreamed of and more - she helped to get a stain out of my dress when I dropped and app and helped with my very difficult bustle and everything in between! I could not recommend the venue and Rebecca more! If you are considering having your wedding here you will not be disappointed!

B
Brian Rashbaum

Married on 07/29/2018

Providence G Rebecca Miller

Rebecca Miller, and her team were a dream come true! The smallest of details had been sought out; leaving only time to enjoy our special day! Beautiful venue, amazing staff and a night to remember. Thank you 1,000,000 times over!

SheilaRenee

Married on 07/14/2018

Rebecca was absolutely the best! She did the most wonderful job and was extremely accommodating with my crazy group of guest!

H
Hannah

Married on 12/02/2017

In my opinion, this is the absolute BEST place to have a wedding in RI. Your guests get to experience 2 gorgeous spots in one place. You can host Cocktail hour on the rooftop overlooking the city... This is what drew us to this venue... There's nothing else like it in RI... And its so stunning you don't even need to decorate up there which allows you to put that money elsewhere. Then guests go downstairs to experience the gorgeous marble ballroom with huge windows and beautiful columns in the center creating a great space for a dance floor. Another reason to pick the Ballroom at the G is REBECCA. The event coordinator there is amazing - and they are so accommodating and allow Brides to do WHATEVER they want - so if you are creative this is the place for you. If you want tons of lighting - YES, Custom dance floor - YES. If you want to visit the space a million times prior to the event to measure every inch of it and come up with more ideas for the layout -its a YES. Long tables as opposed to the standard round tables? - YES! Rebecca says YES to all of your ideas and lets your imagination create a space that is uniquely yours... Our wedding will never look the same as anyone else's because the G is a blank slate and the couple can dress it up however they please. No two weddings there will ever be alike and I love that! Who wants a cookie cutter wedding where your photos look like everyone elses who had their wedding there...? (No one! ) This venue will not disappoint!

Stephanie

Married on 10/08/2017

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the G and could not be happier with our experience throughout the planning process. Rebecca was an absolute pleasure - always responded quickly and made sure everything was in place day of. The rooftop and ballroom are beautiful spaces, our guests were raving about how unique and cozy the rooftop is. Everything turned out perfectly! We are so happy to have had our wedding night at the G, no other venue in Providence can compare.

E
Emile

Married on 07/01/2017

WOW!

If being married on a rooftop isn't amazing enough, the event coordinator and ballroom were perfect! The Providence G was such a great location, everything ran smoothly, and we could not have been happier with the way the day turned out.

N
Nga

Married on 06/17/2017

We had our ceremony on the rooftop and it exceeded our expectations. We had a very large wedding guest list, but the rooftop accommodated everyone comfortably. There isn't much to decorate from our end because the rooftop looks amazing as is and the view is spectacular. All of our ceremony photos did not need much photoshopping because the view speaks for themselves.
The ballroom was very nice as well. The lighting and decor made the place very classy and grand, as a ballroom should be. Overall, beautiful venue and the staff was beyond accommodating and friendly. Would highly recommend for the views of the city.

J
Jazmynn

Married on 05/28/2017

Rebecca Miller is perfect. She was very organized and caring throughout the planning process from one year before the wedding to the day of. On the day of, she was so attentive to our needs, while being a flexible and calming presence. I cannot say enough how happy we were to have her as our coordinator. Rebecca is in the perfect career because she is great at what she does. She really understands that she is helping to create a day that people will remember forever.

The Providence G as a venue itself was also incredible. Our ceremony was on the rooftop and that was gorgeous by itself without any need for us to decorate the space. We only had 2 floral arrangements where the wedding party would stand to frame that space, but otherwise it was flawless as it was. (Note: this space has room for about 100-120 seated guests I believe. It also IS all handicapped-accessible, which is great. ) The space was on one of the sides of the rooftop, open to air and we got lucky that the day was so beautiful, but we were assured that if there was bad weather, the space could easily be moved to the covered area (still with a beautiful view of the city through the glass windows that enclose the space).

We had our cocktail hour on the rooftop as well, with passed appetizers and an open bar (up to a certain amount on a tab).

For the reception, the ballroom was the perfect size for our group of about 100 guests, but larger groups could definitely fit well there. The ballroom is simply elegant and it was the perfect space to fill up. The venue’s uplighting was beautiful, so we didn't need to outsource for that which was great. The tables and chairs were also included with the venue space, and it was all very flexible. Rebecca gave us a link to SocialTables with the ballroom space laid out to adjust and label as we went through planning. We had a big beautiful party at the Providence G and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day in the city.

M
Michael

Married on 09/03/2016

Overall, our experience, from start to finish was seemless. Rebecca was extremely helpful and responsive to our questions to help make our day memorable! It was a perfect place for a “one stop shop”. We were able to have our cocktail hour on the rooftop, reception in the ballroom and even a little after hours party in the G pub, with karaoke rooms and pool tables that were reserved for our friends and family. The Providence G was the perfect venue for our modern romantic wedding, right in the middle of downtown Providence. We have already recommended this venue, and will continue to do so!

Alyssa870
Alyssa

Married on 08/13/2016

Rebecca at the G was a life saver. The venue was amazing, the flexibility with the rooftop was wonderful, and Rebecca was truly professional and accommodating. My guests had a great time, and I couldn't have asked for a better value venue anywhere in downtown Providence. The G is the ONLY venue that really provides a blank slate for your event - no restrictions on vendors/caterers. The ballroom is also the best I have ever seen - no ugly, outdated carpet or parquet dance floor, only classy original marble floors laid in 1920 and beautiful chandeliers and high ceilings. We saved thousands of dollars by hiring our own bartenders and providing our own liquor from the NH State liquor store. There is no other venue in or near Providence that would allow this (at least not that I know of). My wedding appeared a lot fancier and more expensive than it was. The same venue in MA, CT, or NY would cost twice as much or more. Tables and chairs in the ballroom were included in the price of the space rental. If I could do it again, I would spend the extra money for cocktail hour on the roof. I highly recommend this venue and Rebecca's services (included in rental also). No regrets from this bride!

M
Marlena

Married on 04/30/2016

Thank you Rebecca and the team at the Providence G for making my wedding truly the fairy tale I imagined it could be. Rebecca worked so diligently with my coordinator and vendors to bring my guest the most beautiful night. With a ballroom ceremony with beautiful chandeliers to a rooftop cocktail hour overlooking providence to my first dance on the marble floor, everything was picture perfect. My guests raved about the beauty and uniqueness of the venue. It combined by love for vintage to my husband's love of architecture. Truly the perfect place for our romantic providence wedding.

D
Danielle

Married on 09/06/2015

Where do to begin? The best money we spent on our wedding was this venue for our rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour reception, and after party. We utilized Garde de La Mer for the rehearsal dinner. They offered a prix fixed menu with three choices of entree for $40. The food was sensational-not to mention the awesome apps they surprised us with. Jenna, our wedding coordinator from the venue even pitched in that night on top of spending the whole day there with us the next day. She is superwoman and will make any bride feel calm, cool, and collective on their big day.

We utilized the rooftop for our cocktail hour. Our guests were amazed by the views of the city as they sipped on their refreshing drinks. Perfect atmosphere. Then everyone was ushered down to the ballroom for the main event. Jenna and her crew even had us downstairs ahead of schedule. The ballroom space is breathtaking with floor to ceiling glass windows, marble flooring, stunning chandeliers, and the lucky Greek key adorning the ceiling. The dance floor in the center was the ideal amount of spacing. Jenna helped us figure our just the right floor arrangement for us. Finally, we ended the night in the G pub with wings and games. Our guests raved about it all night. The only thing that would have topped it off was if the G were the caterer. We know once they start catering their own venue, they are going to kill it! Also, since our wedding day, it has become popular and more expensive with demand. Anyone who is on the fence should know that if we had to do it over again and spend more money on the G, we feel it would absolutely be worth it (especially if Jenna is your coordinator)!

User4482818

2+ years ago

We wanted a low key, casual, fun rehearsal for our family and friends who were traveling to attend our wedding. G Pub was a perfect place! We were able to rent out the back half of the restaurant with exclusive use of the pool and shuffle board tables for a very reasonable price. They were very accommodating during the planning process. The food was great and reasonably priced and the staff was attentive and friendly.

Helena
Helena PommeRingo

Married on 11/03/2018

Jewel of Providence

I really don't even know where to begin with this venue and my experience here as a bride. The ballroom itself is STUNNING with tall ceilings and windows, original marble, and crystal chandeliers. It isn't the most traditional ballroom layout but the overall classic, elegant style makes for the best canvas for the ceremony and the reception. As for the rooftop: wow. We were lucky enough to have had the cocktail hour on the rooftop coincide with sunset. Beautiful. I got rave reviews about the hors'doeuvres from my guests too. The true value in this venue though, is in Rebeca. She was beyond helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, and especially on the day of. We had some crazy ideas but Rebeca always found a way for us. She was super accomodating, responsive, and resourceful. I wish I could do it all over again just so I could work with her!

A
Ashley

Married on 11/11/2017

The first time we saw the ProvidenceG we knew it was the perfect wedding venue for us! We wanted a venue that was architecturally interesting and the ProvidenceG offers three extraordinary spaces. The Rooftop allowed us to have an outdoor experience while still being warm on the 36 degree day. And their pizza and apps are amazing! The Ballroom was the perfect blend of modern minimalism and classic character. It allowed our vision to come to life and the guests never left the marble dance florr. We ventured down to the GPub after the reception which is a large industrial space that had plenty of room for the guest that wanted to continue the night. Rebecca was a gem – we really valued her opinion and she was able to help with all my questions and concerns. My friends and family were overwhelmed with how much fun they had and how unique of a wedding experience the ProvidenceG provided.