Back to Putting on the Ritz ,Catering

D
Featured
Debbie

Married on 06/16/2012

Putting on the Ritz/Bobby Mitchell and his team were absolutely fabulous to work with. They were extremely flexible and accomodating, especially with our last minute changes. Putting on the Ritz food is phenominal! Our guests were so impressed and couldn't say enough about the food and service provided. I highly recommend the station style buffet we had. You won't be disappointed!

Jill
Jill Paige

Getting married on 06/05/2020

Always excellent!

I am a DJ with Bialek's Music Agency and have worked with this catering company many times. They are beyond knowledgeable and efficient, as well as able to work with all budgets and styles! I love them!

Getting married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful experience

Their quality of service is amazing and its worth your money. Bobby is a wonderful person though busy but is kind to respond to emails and calls and keeps up with everything you need. They draw the seating plan for you, make the adjustment, set up for your big day and tear down after, makinf your day stress free

Michele
Michele Repass

Married on 06/22/2019

Exceptional

I worked with Neil, who is absolutely amazing. From our very first call he was beyond helpful and knowledgeable. He was super fast to respond to emails, answered my 1000 questions numerous times, worked and changed our menu 10 plus times and more. He was so accommodating and helpful. The food was amazing! Normally you wonder if the food will be as good as it was on your tasting day, and I can say with 100% honestly it was just as good or better, and they served 140 people plated dinners. Our guests loved all of the appetizers and dinner. The wait staff was beyond professional and kind. POTR was outstanding! I would use them again in a heartbeat!
Thank you!

L
Lauren

Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Wedding

We hired Putting on the Ritz as the caterer for our wedding at Gramercy Mansion in June of 2019. The process leading up to the wedding was great, we planned our menu and seating arrangement through Claudia. Claudia provided us a back up plan in case of the rain and met with us to go through the entire schedule and was very responsive to our emails and questions. The day of we had Denise assigned to us as our day of manager. Denise is the absolute best! She is so kind, upbeat, and positive and made sure that our day went smoothly. The food was amazing, and all of our guests were raving about it the next day.

Becky
Becky

Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect Wedding Day!!

Bobby and his team truly made our wedding day come together perfectly! He was so professional to work with, and was so knowledgeable about displays, timelines, and weddings in general! He was readily available by email or phone. The day of our wedding, everything looked beautiful, and the staff was great. The bartenders and servers were friendly and professional. We received so many compliments about how delicious the food was and how beautiful everything looked! I cannot recommend Putting On the Ritz enough!

Rebekah
Rebekah

Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious food, great service!

We worked with Neil at Putting on the Ritz to put together a buffet-style wedding menu that was delicious without breaking our budget. Despite my frazzled and disorganized state through much of the process, Neil was very patient and helped us make sure every detail was taken care of, such as arranging for special meals for our guests with dietary restrictions, and coordinating the serving of wine and beer which we brought ourselves.
I was warned by many that I might not get to eat on my own wedding day, but Putting on the Ritz set aside appetizers for us ahead of time and snagged us each a full plate from the buffet before anyone else. I'm happy to say that we both got to eat all the food that we spent so much time picking out - I was very excited about the buffalo chicken wontons, and they didn't let me down! We received countless compliments on the mashed potatoes, and were delighted to receive a tray each of leftover mashed potatoes and London broil afterwards.

Jordana
Jordana

Married on 05/26/2019

Incredible Food, Beautiful Venue

The food is excellent and they set everything up beautifully. Angie, who manages the Great Room at Savage Mill (our wedding venue), is a boss and a saint. She managed to put up with some very difficult family politics and was always on our side. She also offered no-nonsense advice and superior organization. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Kelly
Kelly Nelson

Married on 05/11/2019

Everything was PERFECT!!!

Everything was beyond perfect-the food, the service, the venue... Unfortunately, it rained the night of my sons wedding but Angie and her staff were extremely flexible and made sure the bride was happy and got everything she wanted. It was a truly magical evening! Bobby went above and beyond working with us on the menu and details. I would wholeheartedly recommend Putting on the Ritz for any occasion.

M
Mary

Married on 05/04/2019

Superb Service & Delicious Food!

We couldn't have been more thrilled with the service we received from Putting on the Ritz! They were by far the most affordable option on the "Approved Vendors" list for our wedding reception venue, and we certainly got a huge bang for our buck. Throughout the planning process, our contact person Claudia Raymond was extremely responsive and pleasant to work with. POTR was very flexible and accommodating: they allowed us the option of stocking the open bar ourselves, which was quite a money-saver; and there was no fuss involved in adding a vegetarian option to our menu when a few guests requested it rather late in the game. POTR even helped set up (and later pack up) several decor items the day of the event (guest book, favors, etc. ), which was immensely helpful since our ceremony was off-site and we didn't have a day-of coordinator to take care of those tasks. The day of, all the food was delicious, from the passed apps to the salads to the dessert spread. I'd especially recommend the New York strip with fried leeks: so good! The dinner portions were generous (I sadly couldn't even finish mine, thanks to wedding day nerves! ), and the waitstaff and bartenders were all friendly, prompt, and professional. Many of our guests raved to us about the quality of the food and the service. I'd recommend POTR to anyone looking for an affordable, top-notch caterer, for a wedding or for any other type of event.

Yewande
Yewande

Married on 05/03/2019

Like Clockwork

Neil and his team at POTR did a superb job catering our DC wedding. Starting with our free tasting (tons of food! ), we were impressed with the quality of their food, professionalism, and competitive pricing. Planning and altering the order was easy with Neil's help. On the day of the event, they were efficient in their set up and break down of the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. We chose the buffet option (bride and groom were served at our table), and provided our own alcohol, which they served from two mini bars. The food and table settings were wonderful - lots of compliments from our guests. POTR was recommended to us by a friend, and we're certainly glad we chose them for our wedding.

Carlos
Carlos

Married on 04/27/2019

Putting on the Ritz/Bobby are Amazing

5 stars across the board! Bobby Mitchell and his team at Putting on the Ritz are top notch and I don't think you can find a better value in Central Maryland. The price per person was exactly where we needed it to be (honestly, it was even less than we had budgeted for) and we didn't lose any quality. Our passed hors d'oeuvres were a hit (the mini crab balls and especially the CUBANO sliders). But I was very impressed with the buffet. A lot of times, you end up with rubbery chicken and tough beef but this was not the case. Our chicken breast was flavorful and moist and the carved top round was tender as well. The bar service was everything we needed and Bobby even worked with us within our venue rules to serve some additional alcohol options that we provided on our own. This allowed us to give a personal taste to some out of town guests as well as show our true colors as a couple with some of our favorite drinks.

If you're looking at caterers that want $100+/person, you're doing it wrong. The POTR staff will do it way better and at a fraction of the cost.

Valarie
Valarie

Married on 04/13/2019

Outstanding food !!!

Putting on the Ritz provided all catering at our rehearsal dinner/wedding/reception at the Historic Savage Manor House, Savage MD.
Our event coordinator was Rae - she was outstanding! Because of the ease of working with her to accomplish all the intricate details for our celebrations- we just handed the day over to her and enjoyed every minute of time with our guests.
The food prepared and served by Putting on the Ritz was incredible! Our rehearsal dinner was a sit down Italian dinner (chicken parmesan and balsamic green beans - heavenly) for 30 which was so delicious.... Our wedding reception was a buffet for 50 that included crab cakes (amazing), beef bourgigion (mouthwatering), grilled veggies, a delicious pasta dish... Everything ran so smoothly my groom and I were actually able to eat!
They also passed hors d'oeuvres immediately after the ceremony and manned the open bars from before the ceremony began until the last dance ended.
I cannot recommend Putting on the Ritz and Rae high enough... If the rating system here allowed me to rate 10 stars - I would!

C
Carly OConnor

Married on 01/04/2019

Best wedding food ever!

Putting on the Ritz was fabulous and the best choice we could have made for our wedding caterers. They were easy and generous to work with, accommodating to our needs and preferences, and conscious of working within the means of our budget. And, the food was incredible! I still get comments a month later about how delicious our wedding food was. People said it was the best wedding food they had ever had! And we agree! They are a wonderful team to work with and we couldn’t recommend them more highly.

K
Kurt

Married on 12/08/2018

Great food and service

Easy to work with planning the reception. The food was great, guest complimented on it. They were very well prepared and served guest with a smile.

S
Samantha

Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful delicious food for our wedding reception

Putting on the Ritz and Angie were outstanding to work with. Angie was a pleasure to work with, and she helped us put together an amazing fall-themed menu for our November wedding. Many guests commented that it was the best food they have ever had a wedding reception. Angie was also able to provide special menu items for those with allergies and dietary restrictions. We couldn't be happier!

N
Naimah

Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing Experience

Neil was amazing with catering our special day. The food wassss ahhmazing! The guests are still raving about the food. Thank you guys soo much.

P
Parisa

Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing food and staff

We hired Putting on the Ritz for our October wedding. We opted for a seated dinner, cocktail hour, and to purchase our own alcohol for the wedding. Rachael was a joy to work with and was very flexible. The food was amazing (mini chicken and waffles were soooo good) and they even cut our cake for free, which from my research, is rare for caterers to not charge for this. The only issue I had was that I made it clear several times that I had 3 guests with a dairy allergy and even indicated on their place cards that this was the case and my sister ended up not getting the salmon in her meal because of some miscommunication so she was only able to eat mashed potatoes for dinner. Still, overall I would highly recommend POTR as Rachael is great to work with and the business owner even oversaw our wedding and made sure things ran smoothly.

juli13
Juliana

Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious!

Putting on the Ritz was automatically our caterer since we had our reception at The Great Room. It made things simple and everything was superb. The open bar options were well-priced. We went with a buffet for both the appetizers and the lunch. The food was fantastic — we had many compliments on it! Servers were also efficient and friendly!

C
Cheryl Jasmann

Married on 09/23/2018

My Guests Were Blown Away!

I cannot say enough about our experience with Putting on the Ritz. It poured for our outside wedding, and the event staff adapted and put out AMAZING food. Everything was delicious, Neil helped us put together a perfect diverse menu that accommodated everyone and fit within our tight budget. Special requests were handled seamlessly and all my guests raved about the food. We had a pizza station among 4 other stations, which was a humungous hit! The weather was horrible, rainy cold and muddy, but the staff were upbeat, efficient, professional, fun and friendly! They exceeded our expectations in every way!

J
Janice

Married on 09/08/2018

We used POTR for 3 events ( rehearsal dinner, reception, brunch next morning). It was AMAZING! They exceeded our expectations in all areas. The food was exceptional. The service impeccable. It rained for our wedding so two hours before the ceremony, we changed from outside to inside. POTR folks adjusted on the fly to accommodate us. They were professional, flexible, friendly, and very helpful for any requests we had. I HIGHLY recommend OOTR for any occasion!

M
Mike

Married on 06/23/2018

From the beginning of planning to the day of our wedding, Bobby and Putting on the Ritz were accomodating, responsive, and flexible. For our budget, Putting on the Ritz provided the best options in our opinion. Guests loved the food, and we were so happy that they put an emphasis on making sure we were fed during our reception as well. Highly recommended!

The Queens
Christina

Married on 06/23/2018

We got married last month (June 2018), we didn't actually speak with Putting on The Ritz until the end when it was time to square up on the bill, mainly because the coordinator from our venue works with them directly.

My review is solely on the food and day of service which was all amazing. For cocktail hour we had their chicken buffalo dip OH MMM GEEEE, it was the best I've ever had! The servers were so very attentive and stayed on top of everything! I was worried about the temperature of the food because we had a buffet style dinner but they made sure food was at a good temperature. My advice to those going into contract with any caterer is to enter at a low number or the minimum. You can always go up in numbers but not down.

A
Annie

Married on 06/10/2018

Our biggest wedding priority was the quality of the food, and Putting on the Ritz absolutely delivered. Our venue had a predetermined list of caterers to pick from, and of the 5-6 that we initially contacted, Putting On The Ritz was the only company who actually delivered a sample menu that was exactly in line with the food and budget that we wanted. We worked with Rachael from start to finish and she was so wonderful: Knowledgeable, warm, and very flexible! She was super responsive to all of our questions, even when we emailed her at 10:45 PM in a panic about something not actually that important.

The food and service the day of was incredible. Everyone raved about how delicious everything was and the staff even boxed up the leftovers for my husband and I to take home (and there was a generous amount of leftovers! ) We had a buffet but the servers brought us a plate full of food right away, so we were actually able to enjoy the meal and still have time to greet our guests. We were also able to provide our own alcohol while POTR provided the mixers and soft bar, and it was nice to have customized drink offerings (and be able to take home the unopened bottles!).

Choosing Putting on the Ritz was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. We're still dreaming about their shrimp and grits!

J

Married on 06/01/2018

The catering manager, Rachael, is phenomenal. We asked for a summer picnic wedding. We also asked to get a tray of apps for our photo session, since I've heard of so many couples not getting to eat during the cocktail hour. I think a caterer with a tray was the first person we saw after walking back down the aisle- THANK YOU. Our apps: deviled eggs, bacon wrapped shrimp, mini chicken and waffles, watermelon feta skewers, polenta rounds with salsa, caprese skewers. Dinner was bruschetta chicken (YUMMM) with mini crab cakes, veggies, potatoes, bread, lemonade bar, fruit salad. They set up our cookie table and cheesecake assortment perfectly. They gave us a list of alcohol to buy from Total Wine to save money (we could even return unopened boxes! ) and I had two people comment on how much they loved the bartenders and how thoughtful they were (they kept congratulating me! :) ). We were so well taken care of and fed, and our guests loved the professionalism and quality of food. They are incredibly thoughtful and only charged half price to feed our vendors as well as our guests, and provided vegan alternatives for our guests with restrictions (unfortunately some guests didn't say they were vegan at the buffet line, so they missed the main entree and just had veggies... I guess the only things I would have changed were a louder announcement of "tell them you're vegan in the line so they know! ", and actually having a table dismissal plan so that my parents could get to the buffet first. I didn't think a plan was necessary, I was mistaken.)
The table linens looked amazing, they set up my ceremony and reception and cocktail hour, and I didn't worry about a single thing. And now my fridge is full of some leftovers and I have no problem eating this for the next week straight!