Back to Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

| Baltimore, MD See photos, pricing and details

46 Reviews for Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Shulie

Married on 12/17/2017

Joy and her team as well as the entire staff at the Renaissance Hotel were unbelievabley accommodating. We celebrated our entire wedding weekend at the hotel and the service in every aspect was top notch. We used the Watertable room overlooking the harbor for our rehearsal dinner and had our wedding in the Maryland ballroom which we found to be very ascetically pleasing. The weekend was magical. Great value too!

T
Taylor

Married on 07/09/2016

We are so so glad we went with the Renaissance for our wedding day! From day 1 when we toured the venue through every step of the process and our wedding day, the Renaissance and their staff were amazing! We got married in the Watertable Ballroom, had our cocktail hour in the Watertable Foyer, and our reception in the Watertable Ballroom. The space, the food, everything was absolutely perfect! Allison Craig was our event manager and she was more than accommodating. She made sure we had everything we needed, and was extremely responsive every step of the way. The fire alarm went off during our reception and Allison was super apologetic, even though there was nothing she could have done for it, but she gave us some extra time for our band to play which was extremely kind. When we got back to our room, there was a bottle of champagne waiting. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day and are extremely grateful to the Renaissance for the part they played in it!

D
Dana

Event date: 12/18/2015

My entire experience with the Renaissance was fabulous. My catering Sales Executive, Libby was phenomenal. She was pleasant and was able to accommodate my companies needs. Our event planner Joy was nothing short of amazing, she was able to bring our party to life. The entire staff a the Renaissance is great.

G
O

Married on 10/10/2015

Absolutely stunning venue! Edward Good and Susan Fortkiewicz were absolutely great! Susan answered every question we had while trying to chose a venue. Edward is absolutely the best! He was extremely accommodating and made our wedding exactly what we envisioned. From beginning to end, Edward did not disappoint. Our guests loved the hotel rooms and raved about how delicious the food was at cocktail hour and dinner.

C
Cherelle

Married on 10/12/2014

Absolutely stunning venue. Worth every penny. Edward Good and Susan Fortkiewicz provided excellent service and flexible accommodations. The view was stunning. If you're getting married in Baltimore Inner Harbor, this is the place to be! Thank you to an excellent team!

User4522972

2+ years ago

The Renaissance Harbor place Hotel was the perfect location to book rooms for all my out of town guests. They were affordable and set in the perfect location to offer my guests the best the Inner Harbor has to offer. I love working with Gina Laurey in group planning. She was insightful and flexible given the nontraditional nature of our wedding. We absolutely loved the laid back atmosphere of the Water Table Restaurant. Even though we were their for our rehearsal dinner on an evening where lots of other weddings were taking place we felt every bit as special. I can't wait to stay there the next time I am in town!

User4652092

2+ years ago

Devon and the Renaissance Harborplace were wonderful with planning the ceremony and reception and with making sure the night went as smoothly as possible! From getting ready to getting us lined up for our entrances, Devon was so patient and professional. She and the other members of the Renaissance Harborplace were experienced and calming, and we and our guests had a lovely time. I would wholeheartedly recommend this beautiful venue to any couple!

L
Lawrence

Married on 08/02/2014

Edward was a GREAT host and took care of anything we needed.

User3743097

2+ years ago

The Renaissance was the perfect venue for us. You can't beat the views and location, the space is beautiful, the food was amazing, and the staff was the best! Susan- the sales manager was great at ensuring everything we wanted could be accomplished before we signed the contract. She was wonderful to work with and checked in with us several times throughout the planning process. Our coordinator, Devon was amazing. She was super responsive and not once did she tell us "no- that can't be done". She made our day the best day of our lives! I would highly recommend for your elegant and unforgettable Inner Harbor Wedding!

Sheryl

Event date: 04/05/2014

This is the second year I have worked with the Renaissance on our Gala. They make my job easy. They are there to support you from start to finish. The staff is professional and courteous and willing to help in any way possible. The food is excellent and the service top notch.

User3661425

2+ years ago

We recently had our daughter's ceremony and reception at the Renaissance, and everything was wonderful. We worked with Edward, the event planner, and he was fantastic to work with - so responsive, and very focused on making sure the hotel delivered on everything we needed to have a day we will never forget. There wasn't anything we asked for that he didn't find a way to deliver. It was truly a wonderful experience.

K
Katrin

Married on 09/07/2013

Great location. Spectacular wedding. Everything that we wanted. We worked with Susan as our sales manager and Edward Good as our wedding planner and they made the whole process very easy. From start to finish - perfection.

Denise
Denise

Married on 07/07/2013

We were extremely pleased with the ceremony and reception services provided by the Marriott Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace hotel! We had a small, intimate wedding (less than 25 ppl), and the staff there made us feel as if we were the most important event taking place at the hotel that day! Our initial conversation and meeting with Susan Fortkiewicz (Sr. Catering Sales Executive) was such a pleasant experience, that we were sold almost immediately on having this hotel host our wedding. Her personality, as well as her offers to accommodate our needs, made it an easy decision for us. Edward Good (Sr. Event Manager) was the "icing on the cake! " He became our "personal" coordinator throughout the entire event! Every staff member that we encountered made our entire experience as special as we were hoping it would be! I would highly recommend both Susan and Edward, as well as the Renaissance Harborplace, for any event which you may have coming up in the future!

Kelly
Kelly

Married on 06/29/2013

We had our wedding reception at the Renaissance and it was more than I could have asked for! The staff is amazing and Edward is fantastic! Everyone keeps talking about how the food was the best they have ever had and the service was phenomenal! It's right in inner harbor and the rooms were fantastic! We got champagne and strawberries and so did our parents! THANKS EDWARD! If we could do it all over again, we would! It was the city wedding I had always dreamed of and I'm so glad the Renaissance was a part of our story!

M
Megan

Married on 11/17/2012

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Renaissance and it was fantastic. We worked mainly with Edward Good- the event coordinator- who made sure everything happened just as we had planned it. We had a few specific things that we wanted placed at each table at the reception, along with homemade centerpieces, and the staff executed our vision flawlessly. Throughout the wedding process, Edward was responsive and helpful, replying to our emails immediately. During our in-person meetings, he was always sure to calm our nerves with any concerns that we had. Edward knows what he’s doing and can be very direct- which was appreciated on our end- but a more sensitive person might take offense. You can trust that he will take care of things and is on your side to make your wedding great. He upgraded our original ballroom to a bigger one, did our rehearsal for a large bridal party in under 30 mins, and helped us do a next day breakfast while giving us the Watertable room for privacy. The champagne and strawberries for us and our parents he sent the night of the wedding was also a nice surprise.

The hotel itself was a lovely backdrop to our event. We had 2 sections of the Maryland Ballroom which was the perfect size for a 200 person wedding- plenty of room on the dance floor. The food was amazing and the drinks were flowing (note- servers would not serve shots). The room we had for day-of getting ready was beautiful and easily fit 8 bridesmaids, hair and makeup stylists and visitors throughout the day. Our entire guest list was from out of town and everyone was very impressed with their room. One minor issue was the distribution of gift bags to our room block- we had a few guests who did not receive theirs upon check-in. This was not the fault of the event staff, more likely a front desk issue, but just a note. We would highly recommend the Renaissance as a wedding venue- the food, the location, the event rooms, and the staff were all great!

Stephanie

Married on 10/13/2012

I cannot thank the Renaissance enough for putting on a beautiful, flawless wedding. We are still receiving compliments on how amazing the food was. The entire planning process went so smoothly. Melissa was great in the beginning making sure we were comfortable with the contract. Once the event was passed to Edward, he took the reins and answered every single question I had along the way in such a timely manner. I never had one single thing to worry about. He was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel 100% comfortable in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The reception was beautiful and not one single detail was left out. I have absolutely no complaints and I would recommend the Renaissance to ANYONE looking for a venue in Baltimore. It is a great location, especially for out of town guests, and they are more than accomodating. I could go on and on, but overall I'm so pleased with everything and wish I could do it all over again with them.

J
Jackie

Married on 09/29/2012

This place was incredible. Everywhere you went in the hotel someone was there to give you help. Edward the wedding event coordinator was fabulous. He was always available for us before the wedding and then he was there to make the entire weekend perfect.

T
Tracee

Married on 09/08/2012

The Renaissance Harborplace Hotel was my reception venue. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and it was perfect for our out of town guests as it is located in the heart of the inner harbor. We had 110 guests and the view of the harbor was breathtaking and served as a great background for our cocktail hour and reception. The food was incredibly delicious and the service was incredible. Edward Good was our reception coordinator and he is extraordinary! Edward is the best; he is efficient, talented, compassionate, creative and organized. Once we met with him, I knew instantly that my reception would be ultra fabulous and there was NOTHING to worry about. Also, Edward goes above and beyond to honor the parents of the bride and groom and provide extra special services for the bride and groom on their wedding night. All of our guests had a fabulous time and we couldn't be happier with our decision.

A
Alka

Married on 08/25/2012

We had our daughter's wedding at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel and were very pleased with how our three days event was flawless.
Melissa was in sales and My daughter and I felt at ease talking to her and working with the wedding contract.
Edward Good made it happen. He was up to the point carrying through the minute details. He was always approachable.
I have recommended this hotel and Edward Good to many of my friends who are looking for wedding venue.
At last the whole staff was happy to serve 500+ of my guests.
It was fun event for us, our families and friends.

E
Erica

Married on 06/23/2012

We had the most excellent experience working with the Renaissance hotel - from the sales negotiations with Melissa to the event planning with Edward to the actual wedding reception with the entire Renaissance team. They were so flexible and willing to work with us to make the event exactly what we dreamed of. Edward made us feel comfortable from the first moment that he would take care of everything - and he did. Honestly, they say that only the bride notices when things don't turn out quite the way she wanted, and I am definitely one of those perfectionists who would notice something amiss, but honestly, everything was exactly right. Edward was on top of everything. The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. And, obviously, the location can't be beat.

E
EBONNE

Married on 11/11/2011

This was my dream wedding, from the food, to the Baltimore Harbor lights as my back drop. The hotel has it all!

Q
Quincy

Married on 08/13/2011

The Renaissance Harborplace hotel was a perfect location for our wedding. We were very nervous booking a reception/ceremony location for the sole reason that we were planning a wedding from Florida, but the staff at the Renaissance calmed all of our fears. All of the staff members were fabulous during our event weekend.

Edward Good was especially great. He was always easy to contact and he did everything he could to make sure our night was perfect. The night before the wedding he had champagne and strawberries sent to our parents room which was such a special touch. We truly believe that we would not have had the wedding we did without Edward. He coordinated with all of vendors and made our night a priority.

And of course, the Renaissance offered so much for such great prices! We were able to tailor a package to our needs and spent at least 1/2 of what our guests thought we did!

J
Jessica

Married on 07/30/2011

I am so happy that I went with the Renaissance Hotel for our reception location. The majority of my guests were from out of town, and the location of the hotel was perfect. Everyone on the hotel staff was accommodating and I received complements not only from my guests, but my vendors as well.

Edward Good was an amazing event coordinator and definitely helped make our wedding day spectacular. He was extremely responsive with his emails and phone calls. He worked with me and my parents and made sure that all our our requests were fulfilled. The bridal suite that we stayed in was unbelievable. He made me feel like my happiness was the top priority of the day. He not only focused on the bride and groom, but our parents as well. He treated my in-laws to an anniversary dinner at the hotel and made sure that both of our parents received champagne and strawberries the night of the wedding.

We keep getting so many great complements about how wonderful and fun the wedding weekend was. The Renaissance Hotel was the perfect location for our wedding and I know that Edward Good did all he could to make sure that it was the happiest day of my and my new husband's life.

bonniezazick
Bonnie

Married on 07/09/2011

We almost didn't book our wedding here because of cost, but the Renaissance offered so many things that made it unique to Baltimore. I didn't want a wedding we could have had at a hotel anywhere in the country. I wanted th view, the cake from Charm City Cakes and I wanted it right on the harbor. We booked the event through Kathryn Smith and she was able to help us create a more affordable package that had everything we wanted. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Renaissance. The entire wedding planning experience was so great and I owe a lot of it to our wedding coordinator, Edward Good. He was fantastic about getting back to me promptly and making sure that we had everything planned the way we wanted it. He gave great suggestions and was really great about making sure everything went off without a hitch. He really listened to what was most important to me about our wedding day and I definitely felt like he was doing everything he could to make the day special!
The food was amazing! Our guests were raving about the food. Everyone said we would barely eat on our wedding day (ate about half the entree before making our rounds), and they were right, but I'm glad our guests got to enjoy all the great food! The set up in the watertable ballroom was wonderful and fit our 75 guests perfectly. The executive suite that Edward upgraded my parents to, and the bridal suite my husband and I got were both absoulutely amazing. The hotel is beautiful and the views were amazing. Our wedding day was perfect and I am so glad that we ended up booking the Renaissance. I can't thank Edward enough for helping to make our wedding so perfect!

K
Kristine & Ed

Married on 06/25/2011

The choice of venue is probably the biggest decision you have when planning your wedding. I am so glad that we went with the Renaissance. I'll be honest and say that it is not cheap to have your wedding there but they make sure that you get every penny's worth out of their service.
Our planner Kristina was amazing. She was responsive, on top of everything, and I even saw her there at the end of the night gathering up disposable cameras. The food was amazing and there was tons of it. I got so many compliments on the menu. The bridal suite I got was awesome. We had our hair and makeup done in the room and there was so much space to get ready in. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. So many of my guests have commented on how great the staff was.I
All in all our wedding was fantastic and I am so glad we chose the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel.