Back to Rocky Mountain Wedding Services

G
Gia Thime

Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding/Elopment

Matt was AMAZING! His professionalism/efficiency and quick response helped everything to move seamlessly. I would recommend him 100%.

Sandra
Sandra Boyle

Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing and professional officiant

Matt did an outstanding wedding vows for us. Matt was always available to answer any questions. Highly recommend his service!

Cynthia
Cynthia

Married on 09/27/2014

I found Matt after watching a video of him performing another ceremony and I immediately knew that he would be perfect for our ceremony. We were planning a bi-cultural ceremony, where we wanted to honor both our heritages, but also build a ceremony that really reflected us as a couple. After talking to Matt about our ideas, he was thrilled to research and learn and develop a ceremony with us and I truly mean with us. He made sure that every word of the ceremony made sense for us and he took the time to make sure he understood the cultural pieces of the ceremony as well as incorporating religious pieces for our families yet helping us keep it a ceremony for us. He checked in with us by phone and by email, drove 3 hours just to meet with us before the ceremony to plan things out. Matt is really the definition of a kind, genuine person. To top it off, he printed out our vows on nice paper, which will be saved and cherished! We loved working with Matt and are so pleased he was part of our ceremony.

R
Richard

Married on 02/23/2014

I would highly recommend Matt Raynak. He was incredibly accommodating and is sure to make your special day as care free as possible.

H
Holly

Married on 08/16/2015

0.3

Matt Raynak is incredibly unprofessional and unreliable; I would not recommend him. Initially, he was very friendly and responsive via email, which I appreciated. I spoke to him in March, and we decided to go with him as our DJ. He reassured me that he would send an initial form to submit with our deposit. After checking in with him repeatedly, finally, in May, after I emailed him again, he sent me the form. During this time he reassured me repeatedly, including such statements as, "Have no fears, you are on my calendar for that date, and it is safe and sound unless I hear otherwise from you! " When he finally sent me the form he said, "This will keep us moving forward, and on track for a super party on the 16th of August! " Less than a week later, I had emailed the form back to him, and I sent the check and form to him through the mail. He deposited the check despite never confirming receipt as I asked. He told me that he would send me a contract and a songs list. Because of his constant reassurance and my own foolish belief that he was being honest, I did not worry about it until a month before the wedding. At that point, I reached out yet again. Days later, he informed me that he could no longer do our wedding because a friend had called in a favor! He called it an "unavoidable circumstance. " I was flabbergasted. He then recommended one of the only other DJs in the area, who I had already been in contact with previously. I responded with my shock and anger, and I made it clear that in addition to returning our deposit, he would be responsible for any difference in price for a replacement DJ. He wrote back and had the audacity to tell me (a lawyer) that we had not formed a contract (despite the offer, acceptance, and consideration he deposited in his back account) and that he was "not legally nor contractually obligated to provide" any services. As I am limited on words, I hope this brief account of our experience will be helpful to others.

Rocky Mountain Wedding Services's reply:

This very unfortunate review came to my attention recently, and I feel compelled to respond. I was responsive through-out the entire booking process, and I feel that both parties replied as they were able to. I was very apologetic to this couple when this situation occurred, and immediately refunded the amount of their reservation fee in full. While I was indeed unable to perform at this event as I had promised due to a very short notice of a long standing obligation that I was unable to get out of, I DID spend considerable time and effort to replace my Services with a VERY qualified and experienced DJ, who honored the pricing that had been agreed to in the beginning. It was an unfortunate situation, but I feel that I did everything in my power to honor the spirit and service level that had been promised. There are times that unavoidable situations occur, and I feel that to leave this couple high and dry without any substitute would have indeed been very unprofessional, but to arrange a highly qualified replacement well in advance was above and beyond the norm, and the fact that I received reports that the couple had a GREAT time at their reception with the replacement DJ should be the final word on this incident.