Back to Rosson House Museum at Heritage Square

12 Reviews for Rosson House Museum at Heritage Square

Featured
Kate

Married on 10/12/2012

Rosson House was a wonderful and reasonably priced venue for our event. It was a beautiful outdoor space and accommodated our vision perfectly. Tom and Brittany were wonderful; they communicated promptly with me in email as we were considering the venue, ensured that all paperwork was filled out, and were on site and present for the event. Their contract and procedures were clearly stated and they worked with us to make sure we had everything we needed. We would love to host events there in the future, but it's an exceptional venue for a wedding, and the photo opportunities are unbelievable!

Alejandra
Alejandra

Married on 05/27/2017

We had so much fun hosting our reception at Heritage Square. We worked with Erika to set up everything and she did amazing! She was quick to answer any questions that we had. She's great to work with!

E
Edie

Married on 03/05/2017

I had both my ceremony and reception in the Lath Pavilion at Heritage Square. I have always loved this spot- it is so charming and beautiful all on its own. Erika was very helpful in finding a date that would work for us and in setting up tables and chairs prior to my arrival at the venue. It was a challenge to set everything up for this venue since they only provide tables and chairs, but it was worth it! My whole family was going on and on about how beautiful the setting was for our wedding!

Krystal

Married on 04/16/2016

Heritage Square is the perfect place for an outdoor wedding. We held our reception in the Lath Pavilion and it was absolutely gorgeous. There is plenty of space (we had a taco truck, tables, dance floor, and dessert buffet), so larger parties are possible. The staff are professional, friendly, and helpful. They are very flexible and allow you to use the space really however you want. I am so glad we decided to work with this team!

Kirsten

Married on 03/13/2015

The venue was unique and charming. Our guests loved dancing under the pavilion in fresh, open air. Our ceremony backdrop was the historic Rosson House, which made a beautiful setting for photos. Heritage Square's Event Coordinator was beyond accommodating. Our guests complimented the venue all evening long!

A
Alicia

Married on 11/22/2014

I'm so happy we had our wedding here. They were amazingly flexible and pretty much allowed us to do anything we wanted (within logical reason). We were able to have a food truck cater it, have our own vendors, and make it so personal. Samantha was great the whole time and very thorough with making sure we were arranging what we needed (liquor license and sound permit, and off-duty officer since we were serving alcohol) with appropriate time. It was easy and beautiful and everything we envisioned.

J
Jillian

Married on 04/21/2012

I was extremly happy with this venue, much happier than I even aticipated with the price being as low as it was. I would definitely reccomend this venue and consider them for future events!

G
Graciela

Married on 02/14/2015

I absolutely loved Heritage Square and am so happy we chose this venue for our special day. We did not have the ceremony there because we had a church wedding, but did have our reception in the Lath Pavillion area. We wanted an outdoor wedding that was nice yet reasonably priced.... AND could hold our 250 plus guests. This location was exactly what we wanted... Outdoors, central location for our guests.. That vintage, yet urban feel of a downtown wedding. Great glimpses of the Phoenix skyline and beautiful vintage feel with the Rossan House, Rose Garden, and other quaint spots in the area. Samantha was very helpful, professional, and always responsive. During our meeting with Samantha she gave us a list of vendors for services that we inquired about which we ended up using one and also explained the contract to us in detail. We paid for half of the total cost at that time and we had lots of flexibility on paying off the remaining balance prior to the event date which helped a ton! We loved having the rooms available to get ready the day of the event and the use of the kitchen which was used by our caterer and to store items the night before. The only thing was that because it is a park, there were a few restrictions which we were fine with, but did end up paying extra to access the venue earlier for set up. They were as flexible as possible which was great. Our wedding was beautiful! Our guests LOVED every detail of the venue. I would highly recommend to anyone of my friends of family members. Thank you, Samantha! Mr. & Mrs. Briones

R
Ryan

Married on 10/29/2016

4.7

The Venue was amazing. It was exactly what we wanted. There is so much flexibility that you can choose everything that you want and customize your wedding so it is exactly like you envisioned. I would recommend this venue to everyone.

A
alli

Married on 12/08/2018

4.2

Beautiful venue

Venue was perfect in every way.
My coordinator suggested things that the venue never mentioned, and once I completed those suggestions, then the venue said they were required (liability insurance).
Venue does not have good contacts for the parking garage, which was difficult.

Kevin the maintenance grounds keeper was amazing!

Loves our venue so much, such a natural beauty. Just difficulties with communication.

S
Steph

Married on 03/26/2016

3.7

This venue is incredible. The scenery, pavilion, meeting rooms for getting ready, etc. Are stunning. You barely need to do anything to it and it looks great, which really helped our decorations budget. Our wedding was in the spring and the rose bushes were in full bloom, trees were strong and full of flowers. I can't say enough good things about the spot - it's close to hotels and parking, it's about 10 degrees cooler under the pavilion because of all the shade, and the backdrops make for beautiful photos. Because of all that, I absolutely recommend it.

That being said, I don't know how I would have planned a wedding here without my wedding coordinator. We went through 3 event coordinator changes in the year between signing our contract and the wedding. Samantha, our initial contact, was incredible but from that point on it was a nightmare. We were passed off to Andrew and then to Erica and in between we tried to work with the Director. Things that were promised to us when we signed like being able to drop off decorations and alcohol the day before were then taken away and we were basically told to figure it out. Our wedding coordinator went to bat for us and ended up negotiating, but it was clear that because of this their current coordinator, Erica, was not pleased. When we showed up Friday for our rehearsal and to unload our decorations (which were so minimal they took up a 4'x4' spot in the office), she was cold, angry, and far from friendly. She never once congratulated us, welcomed us, thanked us for using the space, etc. The same thing applied the next day - I don't think it's too much to ask for an event coordinator to seem even remotely excited to be there for our wedding day. Reading previous reviews, it sounds like event coordinator turnover has been an issue for this venue for years. If they can figure this out it will be perfect - but I do NOT recommend using this space without a coordinator to deal with them on your behalf.

User4460768

2+ years ago

2.0

From the time that I booked my wedding to the date of my actual wedding the venue went through THREE different event coordinators, and each time prices and included amenities changed. It was an extremely aggravating and difficult experience, the last thing a bride needs weeks before her wedding is her venue to change coordinators and prices. The last time that they changed coordinators, I wasn't even notified. The venue is beautiful and I had a lot of compliments, but if I had to do it all over again I would have gone elsewhere.