Back to Rounton Farm, LLC

Erin
Erin

Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing venue

I can't say enough great things about Rounton Farm & Ellen. From the moment we arrived to tour the venue to packing up our things on Sunday morning after our wedding; Ellen was friendly, quick to respond to any emails, totally open to the idea of the wedding party shooting a few rounds of clays before the ceremony, and so helpful with suggestions.

The barn and their property is gorgeous and perfect for weddings. Our guests loved the atmosphere and playing the yard games (and swinging on the swing). The getting ready areas are nice (a little small if you're trying to do hair & makeup, but perfect for getting dressed) and we stayed Saturday night at the little cottage too.

We had such an incredible day and I can't thank Ellen and her staff enough for helping us have the best wedding!

T
Taylor

Married on 09/16/2017

Ellen at Rounton Farm was so accommodating and amazing to work with. She responded to every email very quickly, and she was very flexible with our desires for the wedding weekend. We were allowed to use any vendors we wanted and do whatever we wanted with the barn (reception space), with the exception of lit candles. The nice thing was that Ellen gave us the farm beginning Friday morning until late Sunday morning. We were able to gather with friends and family on Friday to decorate and spend time together and have the rehearsal. On Saturday there was an adorable little house to get ready in for the ladies and a small area for the men to get ready, too. They were far away from one other, so there was no chance to see each other before the ceremony! You can even stay in the house on the wedding night if you wanted to. On Sunday morning we were able to go to the farm and gather our leftover belongings, decorations, and food. Ellen and her staff provide tables and chairs and take care of breaking them down and setting them up. My husband and I were able to take our engagement photos on the property and had our choice of 4 or 5 ceremony sites on the farm. The flexibility and family-oriented feel from Ellen and her farm was amazing and welcoming. Our guests had nothing but amazing things to share about the atmosphere of the farm and the beautiful views, and we would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a rustic farm wedding for a great price!

G
Gege

Married on 09/09/2017

Reminiscing back on my wedding day, I cannot think of a more beautiful venue to have chosen than Rounton Farm. The two-story barn is rustic and elegant - exactly what I was going for when choosing a venue. The owner, Ellen, was amazing! I cannot praise her enough for all of her help. She was quick to respond with every phone call, email and text I sent her. When we found out the local street festival was taking place on our wedding day and would cause logistics issues for guests to be able to get in and out of our church for the ceremony, Ellen was so quick to help. We ended up moving the ceremony to the Farm as well. The weather was perfect and the view of the mountains behind us as we said our vows was breathtaking! Ellen allowed me to stop by whenever I needed during the wedding planning process; this was very helpful when trying to visualize and plan the set-up for the reception. For the weekend of the wedding, we were allowed full access to the Farm from Friday morning - Sunday afternoon. This allowed us to have plenty of time for set-up beforehand and cleaning afterwards. Ellen was there the whole weekend to assist with anything we needed. She and the entire staff at Rounton Farm were so welcoming and inviting. Guests were in awe with the beauty of the venue. My husband and I couldn't have chosen a more perfect place to celebrate such a special day with all of our loved ones!

K
Kristina

Married on 09/04/2016

Everyone was shocked when we told them we booked a farm for our wedding. We don't know anything about the animals and we don't own any cowboy boots. Farms just aren't our thing.
When we started looking for venues we chose to just take a look because it was close to our house. It was the first venue on our list. When we got there, Josh and I both fell in love instantly. The two-story barn was stunning and the view of the mountains was killer! We looked around at several other venues but we kept comparing everything to Rounton. Nothing could compare in our minds.
Ellen, the venue owner, allowed me to visit the farm anytime I needed during the planning process. I stopped by at least 8 times, just to show it off to friends or to measure tables or practice our set up.
I was worried that the guests on the upper level might feel excluded but they all just kept telling me that they had the best view how they loved it up there!
Josh and I couldn't imagine our special day taking place anywhere else! It had everything we ever needed! Their new bathrooms are great! The space outside was plenty big enough for our 150 guests with our ceremony under the huge Oak Tree, moon bounce and cocktail hour on the lawn and the reception in the barn. Everything was perfect and our family and friends finally understood why we booked a farm.

A
Anne

Married on 09/19/2015

We had my daughter's wedding here last weekend. It was fabulous from start to finish! Amazingly gorgeous site, great barn facility, and the manager, Ellen Pitera, is so easy to work with! I would do it again many times over! One of the nice points, other than the things mentioned above, is that you get the site for the entire weekend, which allows ample time to decorate and clean up without being pressured! Cannot recommend this highly enough!

User4220839

2+ years ago

ROUNTON FARM WAS AMAZING! Seth and I knew in our heads we wanted a barn wedding, but we live in Virginia Beach with many barns that are too small where a tent would be required. As we googled places, we came across Rounton Farm and fell immediately in love! It was the perfect size in a gorgeous location. We were able to have the ceremony outside overlooking the mountains and then have our reception in the big red two-story barn! I could not have dreamt of anything more perfect! Although the 20% chance of rain at 7pm came at 5pm and totally down-poured, everything still worked out perfect! Ellen and Rob are two of the sweetest people and helped so much leading up to our wedding and our wedding weekend! They are an amazing family that worked around our crazy schedules for us to tour the venue and plan everything out since we were traveling 2 1/2 hours away. They have a cute room for the ladies to get ready in and their land is breathtaking! Everything was perfect and I have them to thank a lot for it! This is perfect for any bride that wants a classy, southern wedding in an amazing town with trustworthy owners! Cannot wait to visit Rounton Farm again! Thank you so much!

User5391299

2+ years ago

We really enjoyed having our wedding at Rounton Farm. The scenery was amazing, the barn was the perfect rustic touch. The owners are wonderful and easy to get along with. The only thing we wished was that the reception lasted longer then 10pm.

K
Karen

Married on 10/18/2014

As a MOB for my daughter's wedding on Oct.18.2014 I could not have been more pleased with our entire dealings w Ellen, owner if Rounton Farms! From the very beginning she was very easy and kind to work with, accommodating our numerous visits to get the creative side of things going. The farm has many different sites for an outside ceremony and all beautiful. The barn itself can be dressed up or down depending on your preference, our daughters was formal. The upstairs loft looks down on the dance floor and the guests really loved the birds eye view. We had 160 guests and it worked well. They also have really great farm hands that can help you w whatever decorating tasks you give them. Over all a truly great experience.

P
Priscilla

Married on 10/05/2013

When deciding about our wedding we knew that we wanted a barn wedding, when we saw this barn online we knew we wanted this one, and when we went to visit the venue site and met Ellen the manager/owner we KNEW this was THE ONE!
Ellen's property was the perfect place for a wedding if you like scenery and a place to feel like "home"
Not only was the venue spot more than ideal so was Ellen, she is always available and willing to come out and meet with you for questions or ideas for your wedding and makes you feel like you have known her forever.
We will never forget this place <3 <3

E
Emily

Married on 10/20/2012

Rounton Farm is a family farm, not a wedding factory like some of the other farm-like venues in central Virginia. Rob and Ellen were fantastic hosts and working with them was a breeze. They take pride in their family's property and are also very accommodating. For example, we had our ceremony way up on a hill and the reception in the barn, and they gave rides to our elderly guests in their little ATV so they didn't have to walk. Our wedding was in late October and the day on the farm was idyllic, as close to perfect as it could get. We also hosted our rehearsal dinner at the farm the night before (for a small fee) and Rob took the guys out skeet shooting in one of the fields the morning of the wedding. When we booked Rounton Farm for our wedding, they dedicated the whole weekend to us, rather than rushing us out to cram another wedding in the same day. We had such a wonderful experience that we are planning to visit Rob and Ellen on our first anniversary.

User2607510

4.2

I found Rounton Farm when searching google for a place in Central VA with a big barn where we could hold our reception. Boy, did they meet our expectations and then some! This farm is family owned. Ellen, the current owner/manager, grew up on the farm and loves it dearly. She loves to share this gem wih anyone willing to make the trip to Orange, VA. They were very welcoming and let us visit as often as we want. The best part is that we were able to start setting up on Thursday and didn't have to be out until Sunday. It gave us time to enjoy the process and do a lot of DIY because we had the time to set it up/take it down. They have several sites to hold a wedding ceremony or set up a big white tent for the reception. We chose to have our reception in the gorgeous, remodeled barn. It has a huge loft for seating/dining with an overlook to watch the dancing below. It was really fun to stand on the dance floor and see all of our guests at once. Truly a place from my dreams. I would do it all over again!