Back to The Club at Ruby Hill

Featured
Nikkie

Married on 01/14/2019

Exceptional and special

This venue is very special! We wanted an intimate reception and we were on a time crunch to get it all planned. The personnel at Ruby Hill were so helpful and resourceful. They helped us think through the details, responsiveness was reassuring and the support staff ensured that our guests were hosted well. I highly recommend this venue and the staff for any wedding.

Kim

Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing Venue!

My now husband was the one who suggested The Club at Ruby Hill to me, and wow, I’m so glad he did. As soon as we walked in for our tour, about 1 year in advance of our wedding date, we both fell in love. It was a no brainer for us. We met with Janan, and luckily for us, we were stuck with her. ;) Firstly, Janan was absolutely amazing to work with. Both my husband and I had SO many questions, constantly, and she was so patient with us, and answered everything in a timely manner. I feel like as our day-of coordinator, she went above and beyond for us. Second, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. We haven’t come across a better looking venue in all of the wedding venues we’ve been to. The staff made sure everything ran smoothly, and that my husband and I were taken care of, as well as our guests. Our 150 guests said the dinner was the best wedding food they’ve ever had, and that the venue was the most beautiful they’ve ever seen. We loved the flow of events for our guests – from the ceremony location to cocktail hour, to the reception, and where the bars were. I would highly recommend The Club at Ruby Hill – you will not be disappointed!

S
Samantha & Hector Cazares

Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing venue, made for a picture perfect wedding!

Choosing to have our wedding at The Club at Ruby Hills was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the spaces that it had to offer for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and bridal/groom suites perfectly matched our needs for the day. From the beginning of our wedding planning process the staff at Ruby Hills went out of their way to make our experience easy and practical. Jennifer Franklin was our day of coordinator at Ruby Hills and our main point of contact for all of our questions leading up to the big day. Not only was Jennifer of great help in planning for all the details that we wanted to include in our wedding, but she did a flawless job executing all those details for us on the day of, not a single thing we asked for was left out. She did a great job in keeping us and our large bridal party on schedule throughout the day, and did so in the most calm, practical, and professional manner. Thanks to Jennifer and the rest of the Ruby Hills team, we were really able to enjoy ourselves on our wedding day and had nothing to worry about. We also want to add that their list of preferred vendors were all top notch and we were very happy with the choices we made on photographer, flowers, cake, etc. Not only were our vendors all great, but it made it stress free that they were all already familiar with the space and some even offered discount incentives for booking them through Ruby Hills. Overall, having our wedding at Ruby Hills was a wonderful experience, and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t have changed a single detail. We highly recommend to anyone who is considering this venue to make an appointment and see for yourself all the great things it has to offer.

Vincenzo
Vincenzo Alagna

Married on 05/01/2019

Incredible experience in beautiful and reasonably priced venue

We searched up and down the Bay Area for the perfect venue. Ruby Hill checked every box for us. The location and decor were classy and beautiful. The quality of service we received was excellent, prompt and respectful. There were a lot of great food package options and the food was very tasty. What really bundled this all together was a reasonable price for the area. Big shout out to Jennifer Franklin, our day of coordinator who worked extensively throughout the planning and day of to ensure the day went by perfectly.

Yousef
Yousef Hammad

Married on 04/07/2019

RiYo 2019 Wedding Reception

Our experience at Ruby Hill was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Everyone at Ruby Hill, particularly Janan Ali, made our wedding experience as simple and smooth as possible. She was patient, understanding, and very accommodating with our requests and culture. The venue itself takes your breath away - inside and out - for any couples out there reading this, you'll feel absolutely confident that you made the right choice the moment you lay your eyes on it.

Obaid
Obaid Obi Abdullah

Married on 01/04/2019

Excellent from A to Z...

All I can say; Everything from A to Z was excellent & we created a history in our family life by this event @ Ruby Hill Club. Jennifer F... The best and most professional but yet so compassionate coordenator I have ever seen. Thank you so much for creating our event one of kind and everlasting memorable. 🙏💯👌

Obaid Obi

Adrienne
Adrienne

Married on 08/18/2018

Best Wedding Planner

Janan is the best wedding planner in the world. She knows her stuff she kept me calm and nothing went wrong and i mean nothing it was a perfect night that i will never forget and probably will never top it. Janan is the best out there highly recommend her.

R
Raymond

Married on 04/28/2018

Gorgeous Venue and Terrific Day Of Planning Service

Venue: As beautiful as it looks in pictures. It has numerous photo op locations inside and out, and with a great photographer (shout out to Dana Todd Photography) the pictures are absolutely stunning. If you want the classic, rustic look then this is absolutely the right place.

Food: Our guests had very good things to say about their food. In particular, the vegetarian dish was called out by our friends which shows the onsite caterer's attention to detail.

Day of Planning Service: We had a snafu with a last minute change in Day of Coordinator. In what could have been a stressful situation, Jennifer made everything perfect. She got right up to speed with our wedding details, and day-of was very active in making sure everything moved according to schedule. She checked in with us regularly to see how we're doing and helped manage all our vendors so we didn't have to think about it at all. It would be an honor for anyone to work with her on their wedding planning.

User4457013

2+ years ago

Ruby Hill Golf Club was a last minute venue we visited and so glad we did. Danielle, Juliet, and Melisa did a phenomenal job keeping me calm and on track, answering questions, making suggestions, and running the show on our wedding day.

Day of wedding the venue was perfection! The summer evening arbor ceremony was like a dream and the ballroom was stunning! The bar was in a adjacent super classy tent and there was a separate room for my photo booth and slow motion video booth.

The hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and late night snack was way better than "wedding" food - you know what I mean! Our guests to this day comment on how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had.

T
Trisha

Married on 03/08/2015

Beautiful venue, excellent staff and amazing customer service!

E
Esther

Married on 04/10/2011

I couldn't be any happier with this Venue. Theo and I loved everything about Ruby Hill. Our guests were very pleased, comfortable, and happy on celebrating our wedding evening here. Berni and her staff were excellant from the beginning till the end. Everything was beautiful, catering and staff were excellant. Always in awe with this venue. Thank you!

P
Jason

Married on 10/17/2010

Working with the staff at Ruby Hill was amazing. The atmosphere they provided for your special day is breath-taking and Bernie made sure everything went according to plan and schedule. The staff there makes you absolutely feel that on your wedding day, it is YOUR day and everything they do ensure that you will never forget one of the most important and special days of your life.

Jordan
Jordan

Married on 10/04/2008

Berni and Charissa are amazing. They are the two wedding planners at Ruby Hill. They make you feel like you are extremely special and like you aren't just another bride. Our wedding could not have been more perfect. Every bride talks about that one thing that didn't go quite right. I really can't tell you a single thing that did not go quite right. Our wedding exceded my expectations. Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this venue. It's beautiful and the people make it even better. =)

B
Amy

Married on 05/24/2008

I can't imagine a better place to have a wedding reception! The grounds are gorgeous and Berni, the coordinator, is so on top of everything that she makes wedding planning easy! Our guests are still talking, months later, about how amazing Ruby Hill was.

Christine
Christine Nojadera

Getting married on 02/01/2020

Gorgeous Venue

We toured this venue last week and it was so gorgeous! Looked straight out a fairytale. Outside ceremony area is beautiful and inside reception area was lovely as well. I could totally see our wedding happening here, but our only concerns are the price of the packages and that they dont include other vendors in the packages, so we would still have to book a lot of them like photography, photobooth, DJ, florists.

A
amity

Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful venue and friendly staff

Jennifer was our contact with Ruby Hill and she was so friendly and easy to communicate with. When she found out we had previously put a deposit down at another venue she offered ways to help us offset the cost. The venue was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our special day. If I had a chance to redo it again, I would still choose Ruby Hill.

M
Nicole

Married on 08/09/2008

Overall they were fantastic. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding that we are so happy with. Only some minor errors along the way (before our wedding) but they were so trivial I’m not even going to mention, because everything was so beautiful and perfect on our wedding day. The food was awesome and our guests raved about the food. Definitely recommend Ruby Hill for a beautiful wedding, as our guests could not have said more complimentary things. We have been receiving so many e-mails, phone calls, text messages, and cards in the mail all raving abour wedding and how it was the nicest one our guests have ever been to!

I’m really happy we had our ceremony and reception in one place too, I think that’s what contributed to such an easy flow on our wedding day and how well everyone perceived it. Grade: A- (small deduction for requiring us to use 1 of 2 cake vendors or pay them $500, and then refusing to show our photographer the good photo spots because he was wearing jeans)

G
Grace

Married on 07/10/2011

4.7

Ruby Hill Golf Club is an amazing venue and I would recommend it to anyone. I had my wedding here 7/10/11 and was blown away by both its beauty and the professionalism of everyone on staff. Their on-site coordinator, Berni, was wonderful the entire day making sure everyone was well taken care of and had a great time. Diane, who works in catering, was also a huge help and always prompt in her responses! The only reason why it isn't 5-stars was mainly for a single communication snafu that was quickly remedied prior to the wedding and because they misplaced some items from the wedding (but they recovered the important items and returned them to me promptly!)

Also, the Chef, Harold Sena-Akoto, is AMAZING and the barbeque sea bass was by far the biggest hit. I would even recommend the place just for him (5 stars for the food), he is wonderful and his creations are delicious! We also had the mini-beef wellingtons, ahi-tuna tar tar, and bacon wrapped honey mustard chicken hor dourves; all of which were a HUGE hit. He will not disappoint you by any means. Love love love him!

Married on 01/29/2011

4.7

Beautiful venue and a wonderful staff. I would highly recommend this place to anyone having any type of event.

LadyRein
Rein

Getting married on 09/19/2020

It's Amazing... but here's why we didn't book it.

For your reception this place is amazing! If you have a large guest like I do (300) it's not ideal for hosting your ceremony. Jennifer was amazing. I'd love to work with her! Ultimately, as an event designer there are things I want to see on my wedding day. I'd also like for everything to be in one place. The ceremony space is just too small for us. But the price is good, the drive up through all those glorious mansions is amazing, and the space itself is so grand and luxurious. I wish the ceremony space was bigger.

N
N. S.

Married on 04/20/2019

Beautiful venue

We had our wedding at The Club at Ruby Hill recently. Our guests all had a great time and commented on how pretty the wedding and venue were. There are many places inside and outside to take beautiful photos. Janan was very helpful, accommodating and responsive to my many questions. The staff was efficient and had everything set up according to plan. I'm happy that we had our wedding here.

J
Jessica

Married on 02/22/2014

This Venue is just beautiful-indoors and outdoors. My husband and I just had our wedding at this location and felt like it was a fairytale setting. The wedding coordinator-Melissa-is phenomenal! Starting from day one with just getting information all the way to the night of the wedding reception she was extremely helpful with answering our questions, sharing ideas, helping us coordinate our cultural traditions into what the venue had to offer and just simply being there as another supporter during the biggest day of our lives. Our families had nothing but good things to say about the venue including its dinner and service.

Elena
Elena

Married on 05/03/2019

Beautiful venue!

This place is gorgeous! Very spacious but felt warm at the same time. My only complaint is that we didn’t receive our entree exactly as we ordered it. With a guest count of 260, most of our money went to food. So that was a huge disappointment. Other than that, the venue did a great job. If I could do it all over again, I’d still choose The Club at Ruby Hill.

J
Jennifer

Married on 09/01/2015

Ruby Hill Golf Club is a gorgeous venue that fit our storybook theme. The staff was very organized and friendly with the goal of helping us create one of the best days of our lives. Our guests were impressed by the food (prime rib and jumbo scallops) and surrounding scenery.

Katherine

Married on 09/04/2011

4.3

My husband and I were married at Ruby Hill on 9/4/11. Never have I been this conflicted to write a review before, but I know that this will help clarify the reviews that have been written between July to September of this year (you can find them on Yelp). I have some colorful things to say about Berni Fitzsimmons, but do not feel that it is fair to punish the club for someone who is no longer there. So I will begin my review with a quick anecdote, but then I will tell you why Ruby Hill is THE BEST! \r\n\r\nThis is important for all couples considering Ruby Hill as a wedding venue: Berni Fitzsimmons no longer works there! \r\n\r\nSo I received a phone call from Diane Long, the catering assistant at Ruby Hill, about 2 weeks prior to our wedding - she sounded exhausted, and slightly frustrated that she had to be the one to tell me that Berni left her job about a month prior. The story I heard is that Berni has taken a better position at a location \"closer to home\". It was her responsibility to call all of her current couples planning weddings, and apparently she did no such thing. So here in summarizes my rant: I don\'t really care that you didn\'t want to work there anymore, but as a person, how do you feel when you leave a dozen brides hanging? \r\n\r\nI hope this helps explain why Ruby Hill went from perfect ratings down to 1-2 stars for the period when Berni was getting ready to leave (I can only assume that she was ready to get out at that point and had very little investment in the club at this point). \r\n\r\nALL this being said, Diane Long stepped into the director role and was more than happy to meet with me immediately to get on the same page - no harm done. She knew exactly how to handle every situation and to be honest, she is so much more genuine and personable than Berni anyway. Diane and the rest of her staff are all incredibly professional and helped create a wedding day that my husband and I will remember for a lifetime! \r\n\r\nSide note: Having a wedding there? Love Fish? Try the PESTO SEA BASS. We are in love with it (melts in your mouth, seriously.)!