Back to Runnymede

Cassandra
Cassandra Amundson

Married on 07/24/2019

Simplicity & open views

I love the grand oak trees in the property & river views with a covered tented area. Tiffany was so helpful in setting up times to visit the land venue. Just stunning for views!

T
Taylor

Married on 04/22/2017

Runnymede truly is a gem. We had many out-of-town guests for the wedding, and wanted a venue that would showcase Charleston at its best. Runnymede did not disappoint--the grounds are beautiful, and there are a number of ceremony spots to pick from if you're having both the ceremony and reception on site (we picked the spot beside the river! ) Tiffany was easy to work with and met with us multiple times to view the property. She also provided contacts for vendors who had previously worked events at the site, allowing us to hire quality vendors with experience at the site. The permanent on-site reception tent is large, and we particularly loved the wooden tent floorboards. The real highlight of Runnymede is that it almost acts as a blank canvas--you are only limited by your imagination. We chose to have simple decorations and flowers to let the natural beauty of the site shine, and it ended up both beautiful and personal to us as a couple. From the moment I first saw Runnymede, I knew there was nowhere else in Charleston I wanted to get married. I would pick it again in a heartbeat!

User6994785

2+ years ago

We just booked with Runnymede, and so far it's been wonderful! Tiffany is a joy to work with and has made our stressful wedding planning so much easier!

J
Jessica

Married on 10/18/2014

Runnymede was the most magical venue I could have found in Charleston. It's a hidden gem that was a surprise to all the locals at my wedding. Working with Martha leading up to the big day was a breeze. They were so accommodating that I would highly recommend a look if searching for a unique and beautiful location in the Charleston area.

D
Duncan

Married on 05/28/2017

Runnymede is an absolutely beautiful venue! We knew we had to get married there as soon as we saw it in person. There are so many beautiful spots for the ceremony and reception that it's hard to choose between them, and you really need minimal flowers and extra decorations because of the natural beauty. There is a giant tent with a permanent wooden floor, which is a nice feature. Tiffany was very helpful and responded quickly to our questions. The only downside to the property is the lack of infrastructure... No bathrooms, catering kitchen, lighting, but there are lots of solutions to those issues (i.e. Restroom trailers, a caterer with a food truck) and we wouldn't have gotten married anywhere else.

W
Will

Married on 10/31/2015

Runnymede is an absolutely amazing experience, and the team was super easy to work with. The huge trees with Spanish moss and the river bend provide a perfect backdrop for a ceremony. The venue is almost a blank canvas where you can let your imagination run wild; however, the flip side is that you'll need to bring in facilities, generators, etc.