Back to DJ Ryan Rousseau

P
Featured
Pam

Married on 06/10/2017

I would recommend Ryan a Rousseau to absolutely anyone, without hesitation. The minute we started working with Ryan, it seemed like every piece of the wedding just started falling into place. From our initial phone conversation you could really tell how much he cared about making our day the best it could be, which made this process so much easier than we anticipated, and it actually made it fun. He was not only concerned about his services, but he asked questions about everything else to make sure it all flowed perfectly together. The day of the wedding, Ryan helped us with so many other things that don't fall into a "DJs roles and responsibilities" such as helping me bustle my dress, switch my shoes, making sure we had drinks and water in between pictures and our grand entrance and he even zip tied my dress when my bustle broke! To our surprise, he also recorded all of the toasts on a USB for us to keep! We are still getting messages from people about how much fun they had, how bad their feet hurt from dancing the night away and how it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding.... All ages filled the dance floor from start to finish! Before the wedding, Ryan helped my maid of honor coordinate her speech using a modified version of a song so she would sing her own lyrics! Ryan also did our uplighting which looked STUNNING. We wanted something natural looking but elegant and he nailed it. We are so grateful everything that Ryan did for us! My husband and I are still talking about how impressed and happy we are with the service he provided from start to finish. We switched up a few things very last minute and Ryan handled it like a champ and everything was flawless. If you’re looking for a DJ to handle the entertainment at any event, do yourself a favor, hire Ryan, you won’t regret it!

Marissa

Getting married on 10/05/2019

DJ Ryan is fabulous!

DJ Ryan & his guys are the BEST! We had an initial phone call with Ryan to go over some basics, but didn't meet with him until the day of the wedding. And the reception went along without any isues! Ryan knew exactly what we wanted & executed perfectly! I had read several reviews from brides about how Ryan did their bustle, and that was something that had impressed me. Well, needless to say, my mother & sister were having trouble figuring out the ties on the bustle, Ryan hopped right in without even being asked to help! After a few minutes, he figured it out & even with an injured wrist! Once we finished with the toasts & people were getting ready to eat, Ryan brought us a recording of the toasts on a thumbdrive! He went above & beyond; we hadn't even requested a copy of the toasts. About an hour or so into the reception, I already had a handful of guests gushing about how fantastic the music was. He played such a wide variety of music, and even catered to the requests that he could! His mixes are unbelievable, and kept everyone engaged! And, while still playing music, Ryan stepped onto the dance floor to assist me with my bustle 2 more times throughout the night. I cannot say enough good things about Ryan and his company. They truly are there to make it the best day ever! They go above & beyond what is discussed and expected of them. I am so thankful we found him

Rob Self

Married on 05/26/2019

Ryan is top notch and ready to make your night perfect

Ryan was prompt and professional from the beginning. He brings a high quality production with energy and excitement to keep all your guests dancing and enjoying themselves through the night. He was extremely well prepared and prompt throughout our discussions and came 100% prepared to our wedding. Anyone speaking to the contrary must have been making unreasonable last minute changes with poor communication and planning. Ryan is quick on his feet and goes with the flow (as weddings don't always go according to plan). He even had the Michigan Fight song queued up during my Father-in-Law's speech and mixed it in while my Father-in-law talked about Michigan Football! Totally unplanned but a perfect example of how prepared and forward thinking Ryan is. We got comments from 10s of guests saying how incredible this speech was and how impressed they were that we planned it like that! Further, he is a phenomenal MC and general wedding helper. I saw him moving patio heaters outside during the setup of our wedding to help the coordinators prep the outside space. His DJ equipment is top notch with a great light bar and he only uses FLAC music files for absolutely top audio quality. That is why he can't use YouTube clips you might send him! He insists on high quality audio so your wedding day sounds like $1,000,000. We thoroughly enjoyed having Ryan as our DJ and MC and can't recommend him highly enough. He got all 170 of our guests on the dance floor and kept a phenomenal, fun, energetic vibe going until 12 midnight. If you book him, rest easy that your wedding will be a blast!

Kipp B.

Married on 02/16/2019

DJ Ryan Rousseau

Awesome! Nothing but positive reviews from our guest and us about the quality, performance, and song choices! It’s amazing how much having a superb DJ made our wedding reception. He was able to keep the evening flowing from one task to the next without making anything feel rushed (from speech’s to cake cutting to first dances and so on). Ryan was available every step of the way for our wedding planning as the big day drew closer, and never pushed us off until a later convenience. To bad I’ll never get married again, otherwise I would book him again!

S
Summer

Married on 02/02/2019

I’ll get right to the point – DJ Ryan Rousseau is experienced, knowledgeable, and talented DJ who starts the party off right, keeps people on the dance floor, and knows how to make any event a memorable one. He takes direction from the event coordinator with professional ease, and has honed his craft through years of practice.

We first experienced DJ Ryan at a family wedding in 2014, where he not only took requests, kept to the couple’s playlist, but was also prepared for anything! When the bustle on the bride’s dress broke – DJ Ryan Rousseau was to the rescue! He had plastic zip-ties on hand and ready to help keep the train out of the way so she could enjoy her night without hassle.

At the past four years of our corporate event, DJ Ryan Rousseau provided entertainment that varied from the form of light, dinner jazz, to rocking club music later in the evening when the dance floor was packed. One year we wanted live jazz musicians and he brought in Dave McMurray ( Kid Rock's sax player) and Al, a keyboard player. It really took the cocktail hour to the next level. When the venue wasn’t set up specifically to how our contract stated, he adapted easily and made sure his system could work without any interruptions. He is incredibly knowledgeable in determining what size speakers and volume are needed for the size of the room, and the acoustics. He was explaining to me how he adjusts the volume as guest arrive because all of the bodies and clothes absorb sound differently. And the ways he reads the crowd and the mood and adjusts the music accordingly. It's seamless. That is when I realized this guy really knows his craft. He isn't just up there with a laptop. He's involved. DJ Ryan Rousseau is professional, communicative and dedicated ringmaster of all things musical and auditory related to any event he works. We have hired him for the past four years and plan on always doing so!

Ronnie

Married on 12/21/2018

Wedding Day.

Literally perfect. I cannot even begin to describe how attentive and focused he was. 100% The best.

L
Lauren

Married on 10/06/2018

The best decision we made for our wedding! Dj Ryan is the best!

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Ryan was as a dj for our wedding. From the first phone call to the last, he was a completely calming presence and made the entire day move smoothly. He was beyond accommodating and literally went out of his way to make the day perfect. He was so sweet to all of our guests and made it feel like we were all long time friends. I don’t want to just mimic what all the other reviews said, but he truly made the wedding and had the dance floor packed all night. I truly didn’t see a single person in their seat. Beyond the amazing music, Ryan threw in some surprises throughout the night that were so so great. Hands down, hiring Ryan was the BEST decision we made for this wedding. Thank you so so so much Ryan.

P
Paige

Married on 09/08/2018

Our Castle Farms Wedding

Ryan was unbelievable and seriously made our entire reception at Castle Farms! The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last song, even with having an early reception start time and dancing while it was still light outside. He made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the entire reception... Coordinating times with the photographer and videographers as well. We had the time of our lives, and our guests clearly had SO much fun! There really are no words to describe how amazing Ryan was... He is worth every single penny and you need to book him for your wedding NOW. Best decision we made for the entire wedding by far!

Katie

Married on 05/18/2018

Ryan is SUPER great! He donated his time and service to our wedding as part of Castle Farm's Military Wedding Giveaway! Not only is he super kind and thoughtful, but he is so detailed and he really knows what he is doing! We weren't able to meet Ryan beforehand, but we communicated over text and email, and then when it was closer to our date, over the phone. He assured me that he had our best intentions in mind, and that he wanted to get to know us and our preferences so he could best perform at our wedding. I was completely reassured from the beginning, and I appreciated Ryan putting us and our preferences first. And he did just that! We had such a BLAST at our wedding dancing our hearts out until our feet were sore! The music was great, and Ryan did such a good job of reading the crowd and knowing when to play certain songs to amp up the dance floor, or to even slow it down. I didn't realize that there was a science, or way of doing what he did until he completely impressed us by breaking it down and showing me that he was more than just a stranger who played music from a playlist at our wedding. Ryan is very impressive, and it's no surprise that he continues to have incredible opportunities to show that! We are so grateful, and we hope that others can see how great he is too! Thank you Ryan!

J
Josie

Married on 08/12/2017

The DJ for our wedding was Brandyn Kearney, under Ryan Rousseau Enterprises. Brandyn is so passionate about what he does! He is flexible and very knowledgable. We asked a million questions and he was able to answer every single one. We spoke on the phone a few times leading up to the wedding and we met in person only one time a month before the wedding (this was AFTER we booked him!). My husband and I were very comfortable booking Brandyn without actually meeting him in person yet because of the confidence and professionalism he exudes. He is up to date on what’s new and what’s old, what works and what doesn’t. During the reception, he kept the audience's attention and had everyone on the dance floor! There was not one time that the dance floor was vacated. It has been about 6 months since the wedding and we are still getting compliments about how great the DJ was! We highly recommend Brandyn Kearney!

Katie

Married on 08/05/2017

Scott was wonderful! He was super responsive, super friendly, and very helpful. I provided very little direction, and he really came up with a great playlist to keep the party going. People were dancing non-stop all night long, and we had a TON of open dance time. He did a great job with announcements, and the anniversary dance. He was very respectful of both our wishes, and our guests. Thanks Scott!

L
Linda

Married on 05/27/2017

I contacted Ryan Rousseau regarding DJing our wedding at Castle Farms, however he was over our budget, therefore he recommended DJ Scott for us, and I am so glad he did! I talked to almost 10 DJs and Scott was the one that finally fit the bill. He is professional, easy to talk to, SO helpful, and has a great personality. He had several phone calls with me leading up to the wedding to make sure we were on the same page, and on the day of the wedding, he came early to set up, and did a great job playing our ceremony music exactly as instructed, and at the reception, he was a great MC and directed our evening events flawlessly. He was great at reading the crowd on what kind of music they were into, and kept the dance floor full all night long! I had so much fun at our reception, and it’s all thanks to Scott! You SHOULD book DJ Scott for your wedding, he is awesome!

Meghan

Married on 05/12/2017

"I've attended a lot of weddings and I don't think I have ever seen one where the dance floor was as flooded with people and full the whole time."

That's what one of my guests told me the day after our wedding. I selected Ryan after reading all of his previous positive reviews, and my husband and I could NOT have been happier with our choice. Folks, this is not Ryan's first rodeo. He knows what is doing. And he's not the cheesy, Casey Kasem type of DJ. He LISTENS to your needs, your vision, your suggestions, and weighs in with his expertise when need be. For our first dance we wanted to do a mash up of a couple of songs, and he created the mashup for us!

After the wedding, my husband and I kept remarking on all the things we FORGOT to do, or just didn't have time to do... The reason: we were on the dance floor, with practically all of our 150 guests, THE WHOLE NIGHT.

Ryan is on time, prepared, brings ALL of his own equipment and lighting, and never once needed our assistance to get things done. I literally spoke to him maybe three times from the time I booked him to the day of the wedding: the consultation, the wedding walkthrough/decisions call, and one more follow up. That was all it took and he NAILED it.

If you are looking to basically have an iPod DJ where you dictate all of the song selections, don't go with Ryan because you would be wasting his potential. We gave him a list of 10 songs we definitely wanted to hear, and he filled in the rest with his ideas and guest requests. Everything was perfect, the music was bumping, and every single one of our guests were energized and on the dance floor; even my grandma who was in a wheelchair! We got so many texts the next morning about how "epic" of a wedding ours was, and in large part we owe it to DJ Ryan for his efforts to get the party started, and keep it going.

A
Amanda Jo

Married on 12/03/2016

The DJ for my wedding was Brandyn Kearney, under Ryan Rousseau Enterprises. All you need to do is have one conversation with him, and you will be completely comfortable booking him for your big day! I am beyond happy with my decision. Brandyn was not pushy, he really listened to what I wanted, and had amazing suggestions for when I did want/need recommendations. He was extremely prepared, helpful, fun, and just amazing! I received SO MANY compliments from my guests on how awesome he was!

Kaylin
Kaylin

Married on 08/19/2016

Ryan was amazing! Made sure everything went smooth, he was in the crowd dancing with everyone. Best DJ ever! I was so glad I was able to have him at my wedding!

Married on 06/13/2015

DJ Ryan is an amazing DJ. We hired Ryan for our wedding at the Inn at Bay Harbor June 2015. EVERYONE at our wedding enjoyed and music, and the dance floor was full the entire night. He’s not just a great DJ, he assisted myself and my bridal party the entire evening. He even helped me bustle my dress! He has great energy and everyone enjoyed him at our wedding. I highly recommend DJ Ryan!

DJ Ryan Rousseau's reply:

I am so sorry for the delay in responding. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to submit this review. It is so nice to for you to share your experience with everyone.
Ryan Rousseau
Pinterest @djryanr
Snapchat ryanjrousseau
989-860-1811 (Office)
989-239-4848 (direct)
Awarded "Best of Weddings" 2014, 2015 & 2016 by theknot.com http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/DJ-Ryan-Rousseau/Profile/DJS/186/588303/profile

D
Daniel

Married on 06/06/2015

There are three things our guests keep talking about from our wedding: how beautiful the bride was, how amazing the venue was and how incredible the DJ/music was all night. I don't recall being at a wedding where so many people stayed until the last song and were so disappointed when the music stopped. Ryan kept people dancing non-stop. He had a real feel for our guests and just made a great day perfect.

From the minute we booked Ryan, he was a sense of calm to both of us. He took great pride in making sure he played what we wanted and that he had a feel for what kind of music we liked. Despite having multiple events, he made us feel like we were the only job on his calendar.

Ryan even helped make sure we were in the right position to cut the cake so the photographer could get the best shot! What other DJ does that!

He worked with the maid of honor to include music in her speech and even added some tunes to the best man speech to make it more memorable/fun.

We can't say enough about Ryan as you can tell, but when you spend so much on a wedding - selecting the right DJ can make or break the celebration.

We had a dream wedding. It wouldn't have been the same without Ryan. We may renew our vows next year just so we can have him DJ another party!

DJ Ryan Rousseau's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review. I hope we do an anniversary party. That would be awesome. Feel free to keep in touch!! I hope you are both doing amazing.

Ryan Rousseau

989-239-4848 (direct)

J
Jessica

Married on 05/16/2015

When I called Ryan to see if he would be my DJ I was a little disappointed at first to find that he personally was booked. He hooked me up to work with DJ Emily Cross and I have to say that she is the most amazing person to work with! I am so incredibly happy with the service I received! She went above and beyond all of my expectations and had my dance floor packed all night! My wedding was a huge success and everyone had a blast! Thank you Ryan and Emily for all that you've done for my husband and me! You made our day absolutely unforgettable to everyone!

Michelle

Married on 06/22/2014

We were overall very happy with Ryan. He spent hours on the phone with me during the planning stages, and was responsive and helpful. The day of the event went off with only one or two minor hitches which I think could have been eliminated if he had been at the rehearsal the day prior, but I understand this isn't customary and with the busyness of the season, next to impossible. All in all, we loved Ryan's work, and he kept the party moving and the dance floor was NEVER empty at the reception. Thank you, Ryan!

Michelle

Married on 06/17/2017

4.7

DJ Scott Arnett did an amazing job at my sister's wedding. He offered some brief, but great commentary during our introductions and different events like the bouquet toss and cake cutting. He played a great variety of music to help get all ages out onto the dance floor. Overall it was an amazing night, and a great dance party!

User5168081

2+ years ago

3.4

The night went very well and I was happy with the songs that were played. I never had any issues leading up to the wedding. After the wedding I found out from too many guests, that Ryan was very rude to them when they were requesting songs. This is not acceptable and actually ruined my view of how well he did. He did have a bit of an attitude at the wedding, but I was too busy to worry about it. The music was great and he did a wonderful job, I just wish he was a little more friendly with my guest.

A
Amanda

Married on 12/31/2018

1.4

1 star for showing up. Warning: Long Post

I really wish that I had the experience the brides before me all seem to have had with Ryan... But unfortunately, that is not the case. I very rarely leave negative reviews, am a fairly easy person to please, and was not a "bride-zilla" by any means. It has now been almost a month since my wedding, I have had time to reflect on my experience and to gather my thoughts on DJ Ryan Rousseau, and I hope that this review is not taken lightly... As I wish that I had seen a review like this before booking DJ Ryan Rousseau.

Now, I feel the need to preface this with the fact that my wedding was on New Year's Eve, I was planning a wedding in Michigan while I personally live in Florida, and I booked Ryan's services for my wedding over a year in advance. When first booking Ryan, I was SO excited. He was passionate, responsive, and had amazing reviews.

Things did a 180 as soon as I booked him. Every time, and I am not exaggerating, every time I texted or emailed with a question, he would reply with telling me just how busy he is with everything else and that I'd be a priority the month of my wedding. Well, when December hit, he kept pushing back our finalizing conversation (i.e. Songs for ceremony, grand entrance, first dances, midnight countdown, etc. ) until 5 DAYS before my wedding. His plan for the NYE countdown fell through a week before and I had to scramble for a replacement... With little assistance from him. He insisted I find the specific songs I needed off of Itunes FOR him (even though I sent him it on YouTube and Amazon Music) and he overall made my life a whole lot harder. He did not make wedding planning from out of state any easier and he was not easy to work with at all per all of my other vendors.

Aside from all of that, let's discuss his performance. The day before my wedding, he was still trying to find my father/daughter dance song, he never could find my recessional song and was texting me about it the day of my wedding (he ended up playing the back up which I luckily provided him hours before I walked down the aisle). I had one song request that I gave him well in advance, a song that was very special to me and my MOH, but he played a version I had never in my life heard. Honestly, I probably could've forgotten about everything else, until he completely forgot to introduce half of my bridal party during the grand entrance at our reception, leading to him introduce my husband and I while our bridal party was trying to rush to their seats, which ultimately led to him having to introduce us twice at our own wedding.

Probably the very worst of all of this, was the end of my wedding night. Not only would he not acknowledge or apologize for his huge mistake with the grand entrance, insisting that he said everyone's names (I have video proof that he did not), but he wouldn't take payment before the wedding and was chasing me down at the end of the night for his cash. He then tried OVER CHARGING ME. At this point, I was so done with this douche, that I had to get my father and new husband involved. After all of this happened, a friend of mine came up to me and said he did the same thing at a wedding he was at a few months prior.

I will say that my dance floor was packed all night, but it was a NYE wedding with 180 people who all love to drink and dance....

Long story short, I wouldn't recommend DJ Ryan Rousseau to anyone, even as a joke. BRIDES BEWARE!

DJ Ryan Rousseau's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this response. My name is Ryan Rousseau and it’s not a secret to anybody in this industry that I love my job as a wedding entertainer. With over 1000 successful weddings in my career this is the first time I’ve ever found myself in this unreasonable situation. In order to give this a proper response, I will take the timeline approach as that’s how the review was referenced. On November 1, 2017 the reviewer reached out to me via email for interest in her wedding. On November 7, 2017 the reviewer decided to hire me and I requested for her to complete the booking form on my website. The reviewer text me a message claiming that the form did not work. I immediately had my web designers see if there was a problem. I tested the form with successful results and let her know it was good to go. November 10, 2017 the contract was issued via email, it was not until November 28, 2017 that I received the deposit while holding the date in good faith. During the reviewer’s consideration of hiring my services, we spoke in great detail about how to make her reception successful on New Year’s Eve. I discussed with her step-by-step on how to lay the room out to ensure the dance party was what she was looking for. We discussed in great lengths where the bars, dance floor, tables, and chairs would be positioned in the venue. I explained how the sound system would work to sound its best. The design of this reception had a few unique factors; 1) It was on New Year’s Eve 2) There was no dinner, only hors d’oeuvres were being served at the venue and 3) The reviewer wanted to make a big impact at midnight. I suggested pyrotechnics. I have done pyrotechnics at this venue before and everything was fine. I spent a great deal of time taking notes explaining and helping this potential client to bring her dreams to reality. As time went on into 2018, the reviewer had some questions here in there. Questions were asked frequently via text or a new email threat. This was fine as I’m always happy to answer any questions anyone may have. On September 16, 2018 I received a text message asking to pay final balance through apps I’ve never heard of before. I explained to the reviewer that I banked with Huntington bank. The reviewer replied with a screenshot showing that this app is “Going to be accepted soon”. It wasn’t a method of payment that was agreed upon in the contractual agreement. She had also sent me a text with the room layout to review what we had set up 10 months prior, (which did not happen.) As we drew closer and she had more questions, some questions would come through text and some via a new email thread. There were many times that I would call her, or try to call, to answer her questions and/or ask her to reply to the same email to help keep details organized. Many times, I would respond to her text to set up time to talk and I would not receive a response. I would always follow up with an email as she had expressed some issues with cell service by her residence. On November 13, 2018 she had contacted me and asked me about doing the music for her ceremony because her musician fell through and she was starting to panic. With great communication that day, I agreed to do her ceremony for half price I would normally charge as a courtesy to help her out in a time of need. The ceremony location was at a private residence in a barn. I requested details and pictures to see what I was getting into so I could come prepared for the ceremony. She supplied the pictures. I gave her a quote she was happy with and agreed to. I issued a second contract for the ceremony. Soon after she had contacted me to mix a mashup for their wedding song. We discussed back and forth a bit as I needed to know what she specifically wanted done as it was being choreographed. From 12/3/18-12/7/18 the reviewer texted me an MP3 that I questioned and it she sent the wrong track. Once we had the correct track, she had her choreographer contact me on 12/8/18. The choreographer explained what she needed and I had the track completed and emailed to them shortly after free of charge, once I understood what they needed. As the communication picked up, many times the reviewer would text my personal cell phone early on the weekends. I politely let her know that Saturday’s are the busy days and I must sleep around my contractual entertainment hours as I would do for her as well. I sent the “Day of Outline” to her in mid-November, reviewer did not complete. I sent it again on 12-4-18, again reviewer did not complete. I requested the reviewer to put all the details in the ”Day of out line” it’s a 3- page Adobe form so I could make notations for the day of the wedding. (normal protocol) I again sent it to her again on 12-19-18 asking her to complete the form (which was not completed) . On 12-14-18, we learned that with the new management at the venue that pyrotechnics were not allowed. She wanted to do confetti as a backup plan. As an experienced industry professional, I explained to her that the professional confetti cannons are still a detonation which will not be allowed. The reviewer wanted me to purchase handheld confetti cannons for all her guests. I already received the pyrotechnics shipment and had it paid in full. I also explained to her if colored confetti were to get wet it would have potential get dye on peoples clothing in the material chairs and on carpet in the venue. I also did my best on reviewers’ behalf to contact the venue providing them my insurance, the National Fire Protection Act Article 1126. I made several phone calls and emails to attempt to continue to do the pyrotechnics in the venue. Requests were declined by the venue. My hands were tied, as I don’t own the venue. I was informed by the venue that the contract by this reviewer was signed with the venue in October 2017 and clearly stated no open flames (no way for me to have that knowledge). The only way I would ever have that information provided is if someone were to show me their contract, otherwise I would not be aware. I was putting my best foot forward to ensure this reviewers dream wedding coming true. I also explained to her that I cannot take the liability of ordering a non-professional projectile off the Internet to supply to her guests. This would be an insurance nightmare, on top of the fact, the venue did not allow this anyway. She was very upset with me about this even though it was out of my control. I reduced her balance by $50 to try to help. As mentioned, I did not cover the final details with the reviewer until five days before the event. This is because I had to wait for her paperwork to be completed to review. I emailed the reviewer this paperwork every two weeks for six weeks. I made this clear to her that I absolutely need that paperwork. Her response was she “didn’t know I needed it back”. As the week of the event began, every aspect about this contract had changed without my knowledge. Suddenly there was a third-party wedding planner that just showed up the week of. All the time we had spent with the room layout and dimensions had all changed. This would require me to bring in a different type of sound system to maintain the same level of sound quality. I did this at no extra charge and also arranged with the venue to set up a day early to make sure everything was the way it needed to be. Details were covered as soon as I had that paperwork in my hands that I’d been asking for six weeks prior to avoid all the text messages and random emails and concentrate on the details of the day of. The songs that the reviewer references that she had sent me on YouTube were screenshots without enough information to find a specific version. The songs are important as they are for formalities and I don’t know of a professional that would rely on an Internet connection for a low-quality audio source (i.e. you tube) to be played through a headphone jack. This is not professional in any way. I did my best to find these songs for the reviewer. Fortunately, after multiple screenshots, I was able to find the proper version and send it to her for verification her response was “perfect”. During the set up for the reception that was completely altered, I had to go with a different light design due to this new wedding planner’s idea of the head table. I went and got more lighting and made it work without saying a word so that the room was balanced with lighting. After all the text messages and emails and phone calls, time spent with the venue, finally getting the completed paperwork. The day has come to help make someone’s dreams come true. I was excited. My set up crew and I arrive at the private residence barn where the ceremony is going to take place. It is pouring rain and we’re dealing with some very wet conditions. I am in a tuxedo and ankle-deep water making my way towards the barn to find out there is no heat or power. I had contact with the wedding planner to see if there was going to be an alternative plan. She had relayed that it was going to happen at the barn. Even though I didn’t have any power I still set everything up accordingly and had things ready just in case. Thankfully, the power came on five minutes before ceremony. All the microphones worked well, and the ceremony was a success in the nick of time. The reviewer made comment about the backup song that was played. I did play the backup song, as to my point prior we did not have enough cellular service to stream anything. The song the reviewer requested was not able to be purchased for download. If it was able to be purchased, I would’ve purchased it as I did the two other complete albums to get her other music she requested. I worked efficiently to get to the reception as soon as possible as it was already 100% set up the day prior. The music was on one hour prior to any of the guests entering the ball room. As the guests entered the ballroom, I had the exact music on that was requested and everything was well. When the wedding party, Bride, and Groom arrived they were ushered to their suite where the wedding planner shut the door in my face so I couldn’t enter the room. As I was ready to get them lined up with my paperwork in hand the reviewer sent me, they have decided to go outside with some champagne first. I patiently waited for them to do their thing trying to keep the events on time. As they lined up to do the grand entrance, the reviewer had a change in the order from what she provided to me on my day of outline. I went through and wrote all the names down in the order they were standing approved by the reviewer. The wedding planner was in the hall with the wedding party to do the entrance. As I begin the grand entrance, the couples began to come in. When I got to the bride and groom, I introduced them, and they didn’t come in right away so I introduced them for a second time. At that very moment, I made a judgment call on my own at a split-second decision to introduce their names the second time. I felt at that time it was the best thing to do. If the bride disagreed with that then I would like to pass along my most sincere apologies. I’m not sure what the confusion was in the hallway as I was working blindly not being able to see the wedding party and bride and groom behind the wall. As we got settled for all the speeches, I recorded all of them and provided them to the bride on a thumb drive, also free of charge. We started the night off with the custom track that I had recorded, things were going well. Every song in every request was played and the dance floor was packed all night with a very good energy and fun to be had by all. As far as referencing a version of the song that was played, I am not sure what that references to. I play the most popular top 40 versions the same that are on the radio. However, if this specific request as she requested with title and artist was somehow wrong, I would apologize. Therefore, I requested many times for the specific version of the reviewers wedding song. I basically begged for it. The room looked great, it sounded great, the lights were programmed great, the energy was great, and everyone had a great time. I have some video clips to support that. As anyone that’s ever worked with me, or considers working with me, will soon know that I will take payment at any time so for the accusations of not taking payment before is absurd. The reviewers claim of me trying to overcharge her is impossible. Contracts are for a reason. The number on the piece of paper is simply what we both signed to. After looking back on all of it, ultimately makes me sad. I did so much to try to help in the matter and whatever I did wasn’t going to be enough. The bride and groom did not have any form of payment prepared at the end of the event. The groom was very aggressive and provoking me at the end of the night. He even put his hands on me. All because I asked for the balance of the contract that we had singed to. After a very unnecessary conversation, they finally had to use someone else’s credit card to make a payment. I can provide anything that anyone would like to see or hear. Like I’ve said before, I love my job. I’m passionate about it and very proud of it. I do anything I can within my power to help dreams come true. Please feel free to review the other hundreds of reviews and I look forward to potentially helping any of you in the future. Thank you all for your time