Back to Sand & Sun Vacations

| Grand Rapids, MI See photos, pricing and details

26 Reviews for Sand & Sun Vacations

Jessica

Married on 09/28/2015

I worked with TA Jennifer from Sand and Sun Vacations rescently. I was pleasantly surprised at how stress free, and easy she made everything for our Honeymoon! We had a few places already in mind before we talked to her- she listened to everything we had in mind attentively, and let us know of a few places that met our criteria perfectly! We chose Montego Bay in Jamaica through Sandals! Absolutely beautiful, and just what we needed after our hectic wedding. I can't wait for our next vacation- highly recommend!

User5503056

2+ years ago

Jennifer at Sand & Sun Vacations was AMAZING to work with! She was super fast at getting back to me, even with the mass amount of emails I'd send! She really helped us narrow down exactly what we wanted in our honeymoon vacation and offered really great options - all within our budget! I will be working with her for ALL of my vacations in the future now! She made it too easy and took care of everything! Thank you Jennifer!

User5474058

2+ years ago

We worked with Jennifer to plan my honeymoon, and she was great! She got back to me quickly throughout the planning process and our vacation was AMAZING! I would definitely work with her and her company again!

Jess

Married on 10/03/2014

Jennifer from Sand & Sun was AMAZING to work with!

I have to say that she is a miracle worker. My hubby and I planned our honeymoon 8 months ago and about two months before our wedding & honeymoon we found out we were going to have a couple of 'honeymoon crashers'. I emailed Jennifer the very next day and she immediately responded and had a bunch of recommendations for what we were looking for!

We ended up choosing El Dorado Casitas in Mexico. It was an amazing all inclusive resort. Jennifer did an outstanding job of making sure that our honeymoon was nothing short of spectacular! She paid attention to details such as setting up our transportation to and from the airport in Mexico, and she made sure the hotel was fully aware that we were honeymooners. We enjoyed a romantic candlelight dinner on the beach, two for one massages, among other specials. Overall we had very special treatment because she made sure of it.

She adds special touches that is rare to come by. She helped get us organized for our trip by sending us a handsome little binder that would hold our passports and she included our itineraries. She even sent us a sweet card for when we returned home.

I am so glad that I used her and would highly recommend her to everyone interested in traveling! She also is pretty fantastic when it comes to destination weddings! My cousin used her 5 years ago for her destination wedding in Cancun and hands down it was one of the best weddings I have ever been to!

I look forward to Jennifer helping me with my travel arrangements for years to come!

T
Taletia

Married on 09/19/2014

Sand & Sun Vacations helped me with my dream wedding. From the beginning until the very last minute Jennifer made sure all my needs including my family and friends needs were met. The dedication and expertise of Sand & Sun Vacations helped ease the stress of planning a destination wedding moon. Thanks Sand & Sun Vacations!

T
todd

Married on 07/26/2014

Jennifer helped my wife and I have the perfect honeymoon. Not only did she not charge us above the Sandals published web rate, but she saved us from a mediocre room. When looking on the Sandals website, the room pictures don't always match. Save yourself the worry by working with Jennifer, and she will get the resort staff to take actual room pictures for you, to ensure you get what you paid for.

Our week in St. Lucia was perfect, and Jennifer made it completely hassle free!

User4338881

2+ years ago

Sand & Sun Vacations helped my dream destination wedding become a reality! We worked with Jennifer and she was absolutely amazing! She totally went above and beyond for us and made our trip absolutely perfect! Jennifer always took the time to meet with us and answered all of our questions. She was always quick to email us back and helped us to pick the perfect resort - Sandals Grande Antigua. My husband and I got married there in July 2014 and it couldn't have been more beautiful or romantic! Jennifer made sure that we had an amazing time on our trip and that the staff at the resort knew what we wanted for our wedding and our room! Jennifer helped us pick the best room for our preferences and helped us to keep in contact with the wedding staff on the island before and after our wedding! Jennifer did anything and everything for us to make our weddingmoon absolutely unforgettable and stress free! We will most definitely be contacting Jennifer and Sand & Sun Vacations in the future to plan our second honeymoon!

K
Kelly

Married on 06/07/2014

Dear Sand & Sun Vacations,
Thank you for such an amazing job. You went above and beyond to help my family and friends and make our special day unforgettable. I know it wasn't easy to work with me and deal with all my demands, questions, ideas etc. You were truly wonderful to work with. My family and friends enjoyed working with you and for always being so pleasant. Having a destination wedding is not easy and specially trusting someone you don't know it can be scary but Jennifer made me feel so welcome and secure I couldn't ask for more. I recommend working with them 110%! Again thank you so much for your professionalism and work ethic.

B
Brittney

Married on 12/02/2013

I worked with Jennifer at Sand and Sun Vacations to plan our destination wedding in December 2013. She was extremely helpful right from the from beginning to end! When we first began planning our destination wedding we literally had no clue how and where to begin. Jennifer helped us with everything from choosing our destination (Montego Bay, Jamaica), picking a resort to fit our needs and the needs of our 40 guests that traveled with us (Iberostar), giving us tons of travel and packing tips, and was just there for us when we needed her-day or night! We all know planning a wedding is NOT an easy thing to do, let alone planning a wedding and a vacation for 40 of our closest family and friends, but Jennifer made the entire planning process a breeze and as stress free as possible! I highly recommend Jennifer and Sand and Sun Vacations!

M
Meaghan

Married on 10/12/2013

My husband, Andrew, and I worked with Jennifer at Sand & Sun Vacations to book our honeymoon to Sandals Grande Antigua. We had the most amazing, beautiful, relaxing, and stress free trip EVER. I cannot thank Jennifer enough for everything that she did to book our honeymoon and help us to choose the absolute best place to go on our honeymoon - and our first vacation together! We completed our questionnaire and Jennifer addressed each and every one of our requests and any concerns along the way! We even had a flight change a couple of months before the wedding - if I had been booking everything and dealing with it all on my own, it would have completely stressed me out! However, Jennifer gave us several options for potential changes we could make, and the final outcome actually ended up being a lot more convenient for us anyway! Everything was taken care of within a day or so, and I didn't have to worry one bit! She even handled it when she was on a road trip with her own husband! We received our travel documents 2 weeks before our wedding, and everything was so detailed and organized and came in a neat little packet of information about the flights, resort, etc. Jennifer arranged for special little touches while we were on our vacation that were so sweet! We highly recommend working with Sand & Sun and especially Jennifer. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect honeymoon and start to our lives together, and we are so grateful to Jennifer for helping it all to go smoothly and without a hitch!

S
Sarah

Married on 09/28/2013

This review is far overdue - as we took our Honeymoon to St. Lucia last January - but it is well deserved, and Jennifer did an amazing job helping us plan a wonderful honeymoon. Jennifer was quick to respond to our emails and calls throughout the planning process. She broke down pricing and made everything easy to understand. She provided us with recommendations based on our preferences, and I believe that really helped us find a resort that suited our personalities and interests. We ended up going to the Sandals Grande in St. Lucia. We had some trouble getting out of the airport in Baltimore and ended up missing our connection to St. Lucia in Miami. American Airlines was terrible throughout, but Jennifer stayed on the phone with us as we talked to booking and made sure we were well taken care of (and this all happened on her day off! ) When we finally arrived in St. Lucia, Jennifer had ordered us a dessert tray sent to our room that helped make our arrival so special. When we returned from our trip we had to use our travel insurance to reimburse for our night missed due to the missed connection. Of course, this process wasn't easy, but Jennifer stayed in contact with us and provided us with all of the information and paperwork necessary to file the claim (we did finally get reimbursed in April! ) Sand and Sun was a pleasure to work with and I would most definitely recommend using them to plan a trip.

JustNoelle
Noelle

Married on 08/02/2013

A former bride recommended Jill of Sand & Sun Vacations to help coordinate my guests travel arrangements for my Mexico destination wedding. Jill was amazing and very patient. Jill organized all of our guests' travel arrangements and transportation. Most of my procrastinating family members booked at the very (and I mean very) last minute but she definitely handled it well and was very attentive to their every need. We all received travel packets in the mail a few weeks before we departed which included cute little travel pouches and a booklet with every information we needed. Our transportation was very well organized and most importantly, we felt safe and secure as soon as we stepped outside the airport. Thank you Jill! :)

P.S.
My MIL has already been in contact with Jill to help plan a group family vacation to D.R.

User4503609

2+ years ago

Our honeymoon was just amazing to Sandals Grande St. Lucian thanks to Jennifer Prymula at Sand & Sun Vacations! We stayed in a beachfront Rondaval, it was romantic and everything we had dreamed our once in a lifetime honeymoon would be! We went zip - linning, snorkeling, boating to the pitons and volcanoes, saw 85% of the island and spent time at the carnival. We so appreciated Jennifer's patience and assistance. We have recommended their services to other people! We are hoping to do another trip somewhere in the future, so be looking out for us! Thanks so much and God Bless.

D
Diana

Married on 06/21/2013

Jennifer provided the Best care in the air, accommodations for all, and the perfect setting for our son's wedding... Within our budget too! We are return travelers with sun and sand!

Mariana
Mariana

Event date: 06/08/2013

Jennifer and SandnSun Vacations took ALL the work out of my destination wedding planning. She took care of all of the travel and lodging arrangements and was also invaluable with her knowledge and tips to help us make the most of our Sandals stay. From the moment we contacted her until the day we returned from our honeymoon, she was involved and making sure our trip went smoothly and on schedule. She took care of all the last minute airline changes and sent us the updated information before I was even aware there was an issue. I could not have done it without her assistance. In fact, we had such a great experience with her, I contacted her again to help us plan our anniversary trip! If you are like me and want someone else to worry with all the big and little details of your vacation planning- call Jennifer. She did all the work and we had all the fun!

Jennifer

Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I went to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica this past week for our honeymoon. We initially were not going to take a honeymoon, but once we won an airfare credit at one of Jennifer's presentations we could not pass it up! From start to finish, and beyond... Jennifer could not have been better to work with. She was incredibly professional and easily accessible at any time of day. During our countdown she e-mailed us with useful tips and answered any questions that arose (trust me, there were plenty). When we were trying to decide which resort to go to, Jennifer's questionnaire and a personal meeting (which she drove on a donut tire for over an hour in bad weather to get to us, poor thing! ) really helped us narrow it down to what ultimately ended up being the perfect location. Upon our arrival to our room, we found a letter from Jennifer congratulating us. When we returned home she had mailed us a beautiful wedding card to thank us for our business. The little things that Jennifer took care to include in our honeymoon will never be forgotten and we will forever hold her in our top regard. We decided on the beach last week that we will definitely be going back to Sandals and we will never give our business to anyone other than Sand & Sun Vacations. You will not regret working with them. They are the best and I am happy to call Jennifer a great new friend after this experience.

Sand & Sun Vacations's reply:

Thank you Jen- you made me cry! I am so honored to be a part of your honeymoon experience and look forward to making your vacations amazing through the years! PS- I told you that vacations were addicting lol! :)

Stephanie
Stephanie

Married on 05/11/2013

My new husband and I traveled to Jamaica for our honeymoon in May 2013. We worked with Jennifer at Sun and Sand Vacations. Jennifer was very easy to reach and very responsive. She helped us pick the perfect place and helped us prepare for the trip. The resort we picked was Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It was an amazing resort and I highly recommend it for any vacation. I also highly recommend & trust Sun and Sand Vacations.

Sand & Sun Vacations's reply:

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your honeymoon Steph and THANK YOU for such a glowing review, I can not express how much it means to me !

S
Suzan

Married on 03/15/2013

I booked my honeymoon thru Jennifer @ Sand and Sun Vacations, and what a GREAT idea that was. This was my first time traveling and she made the whole experience enjoyable. We went to Sandals Grande St. Lucian, this place is heaven on earth. Jennifer took our honeymoon questionnaire and picked the most perfect spot for us. We are currently working with Jennifer planning our next trip to Sandals Emerald Bay. I know from previous experience that Jennifer will plan the perfect vacation for us once more.

Jeni

Married on 06/21/2010

Our destination wedding travel agent (TA Jennifer from Sand & Sun Vacations) was so much help throughout my wedding planning. She really went above and beyond my expectations. Not only did she book travel for my guests and help me select a honeymoon location, but she did so much more. The wedding coordinators at the resort we were married at were difficult to work with and not responsive. Jennifer stepped in and helped to get all my questions answered. She was able to negotiate for me and get me the prices I was promised when their prices went up - this saved us hundreds of dollars. I would have been so much more stressed dealing with the details if I didn’t have Jennifer to help me out. I recommend her to all my family and friends for all their vacation needs. We've worked with Jennifer every year since the wedding and have had the best vacations and memories.

R
reanna

Married on 01/28/2010

Jennifer helped us with our destination wedding in January 2010. Anyone that asks me about a destination wedding I always recommend her. She sent us pictures of the grounds for possible locations before we got there, and made sure we had a fantastic room. I wish we could do it all again!

E
Evelyn

Married on 11/14/2009

Jennifer helped me with my destination wedding travel arrangements. She was there for me every step of the way. We encountered a mistake with my room and she helped take care of it in less than an hour. Every little detail, including arranging flights so that my guests can all travel and actually sit together, was done with such friendliness and graciousness. I will recommend her to anyone planning a destination wedding, especially if you need advice on a hotel! She is filled with knowledge and expertise that will make your planning go smoothly.

Sand & Sun Vacations's reply:

It truly was my pleasure Evie - thank you so much for such a wonderful review!

K
Kelly

Married on 05/02/2010

Jennifer helped us plan our destination wedding at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. Our May 2nd wedding was everything our hopes and dreams had imagined. We had a hard time choosing a property, but with Jennifer's guidance, we were able to decided on Sandals Whitehouse. Whitehouse was the perfect fit for us and out guests traveling for the wedding. We have already booked another trip to Sandals Emerald Bay for May of 2014. Thanks so much for all of your help Jennifer!

User3276170

2+ years ago

Sand and Sun Vacations was the best choice I could have made to assist me in planning my Honeymoon. I dealt with Jennifer who was extremly professional, helpful and easily accesible via telephone or email. Even though this trip was booked months in advance Jennifer would periodically email me with updates and useful information for my trip. I was not treated like a retail customer where once I paid for the trip I was forgotten about. Any questions I had were quickly answered via email. She remained helpful right til the end of the trip where I was greated by an email upon my arrival home inquiring about our experience. They are definitly a company that cares about its clients and I will definitly be using them to book my trips in the future.

User4432286

4.7

Jennifer was very helpful planning our honeymoon, and we had a blast on our vacation! Would definitely recommend to others.

C
Chris

Married on 11/28/2012

We have used Sand & Sun Vacations on a number of occasions. We have been very grateful for all of the work that they have done for us. When we even ran into a medical situation and had to postpone our plans, it was handled with incredible speed and care.