Back to SCF Events

Julbert
Featured
Julie

Married on 10/09/2010

Laura has a GREAT eye for style and beauty. I would give her simple one-liner descriptions on the ambiance and look that I was aiming for and her resulting product far surpassed what I imagined. BEYOND gorgeous! Laura was so easy to work with and so helpful with recommendations and ideas. She is constantly coming up with new and creative ideas that I think I changed my mind on things at least a few times before finalizing any arrangements. Her website is by far one of the best I've seen as far as displaying her work and talents and pictures are one of the best tools any vendor can use to help their customers make decisions from afar. I really wanted artichokes and kale in my centerpieces (I work in agriculture) and Laura integrated it so well and everything looked stunning yet sophisticated. She even offers a number of decorative items for rental that I hadn't seen at other vendors (i.e. , giant vases, pillars, lanterns, stands, chuppah, etc. ) - another plus for someone trying to add that special touch of uniqueness to their event :-).

Sara
Sara

Married on 08/25/2018

SCF Events did an amazing job at our wedding. From the moment I met Laura she made me feel comfortable, and she was responsive, kind, and great to work with. I was flexible on the flowers, and left the creativity up to the experts, while providing a few photos for inspiration. I was trying to stick to a budget, saying I was ok with less flowers per vase and Laura told me, she was not! She would fill up every vase to look perfect AND stay within my budget. The flowers, vases, and decor was absolutely gorgeous and the day of staff was friendly and professional. Choosing SCF events for our wedding was one of the best decisions I made, and I could not recommend them more!

Christina

Married on 04/07/2018

Laura did such a great job with florals for my wedding on 4-7-18. She was so easy to work with and very responsive. She met with us twice before our wedding, spent time discussing the decorations for our wedding, took careful notes and made very helpful suggestions - Especially since my husband and I do not know a lot about flowers or decorating! We showed her some pictures from Pinterest that we liked and trusted her vision, and what we got was beautiful pieces of floral art on all of our tables and decorating the church for our ceremony. She also did our boutonnières and corsages, decorated our cake, and we rented our bride/groom chairs from her as well which she also decorated. She was conscious of our budget and worked with our planner to make sure we didn’t go overboard on costs. I will highly recommend SCF events to anyone. Laura, you are awesome! Thank you for making our wedding beautiful!

Katie

Married on 11/25/2017

Deciding on a florist was probably one of the hardest decisions in my wedding planning. We had a small ceremony at River Oaks Garden Club and a LARGE reception at Kim Son (750 people). Needless to say, this was a huge task for any florist - two locations, huge order, and weekend of Thanksgiving. I took a chance on Laura and her team, and it was one of the best decisions I made! Leading up to the wedding, we revised our entire proposal >6 times. I sent her some images that I liked on Pinterest and completely trusted her to be creative. She created a mock bouquet for me a couple months before the wedding, and I loved it! Then the day came around, and she completely blew me away. She created a look that I could not even dream of, and trust me I had been all over Pinterest for the past year. She combined blue tones among light pinks, green, and white. The style was a perfect modern and romantic combination. My two favorite pieces of all would be the ceiling flower piece over the dance floor made of silk wisteria and the leash garland for my dog which was a last minute add-on. Her team worked tirelessly throughout Thanksgiving to finish all of our pieces. The flowers were truly the highlight of the wedding, and our guests LOVED it. I mean y'all, it was jaw-dropping! There were a few hiccups along the way but she definitely made up for it with extra add-ons. For example, we paid for a flower reusal fee for the ceremony arch flowers to be moved to the reception photo wall. Laura's team did not have enough time in between events, and therefore our photo wall looked bare. In addition, the flowers at our ceremony site were still being finished as guests were entering. This was a huge task so we completely understood. Overall, Laura is very talented and her style is impeccable. We are so happy we ended up hiring her team. We highly recommend SCF Events! Attaching photos because the whole world should see her beautiful work. Photos are courtesy of Jenny Fu Studio!

A
Awonu

Married on 01/14/2017

I was referred to SCF Events through my Fabulous wedding planner. After our first meeting with her, we didn't even bother meeting with other floral designers. Laura and her team are fantastic! She is so sweet and easy to work with. I don't know anything about flowers, and really didn't have a plan for what I wanted my florals to look like. But she worked within my budget and with my wedding planner, and came up with beautiful décor for the ceremony and reception hall, and well as our bouquets and boutonnieres. When I initially chose bridesmaid bouquet flowers I really didn't want, just to cut costs, at our last floral appointment Laura asked, "Are you using these to cut costs? " And I shyly said, "Yes. " And she replied, "No. Don't worry! I'll take care of it. " She brought beautiful bouquets to the wedding for my bridesmaids without adjusting the overall cost. I was so grateful! That is the definition of excellent customer service. Laura has great style and is consistent in creating beautiful, picturesque arrangements (based on what I've seen on the SCF website, Facebook page, and my actual wedding). I highly recommend her.

Claudia

Married on 10/08/2016

Engaged couples: save yourself time and energy, and let Laura Tran of SCF Events be your definitive selection for your ENTIRE wedding weekend florals and floral design!

We consider ourselves very picky clients, as we vetted all of our vendors thoroughly... Every couple has their own process for choosing the professionals responsible for executing the various elements of their special day, but we would love to make the "florals decision" easy for everyone by providing our highest recommendation for Laura Tran and her team of professionals at SCF Events!

If you are local and will meet with her face-to-face, she will impress you with her attentiveness and can-do attitude. Furthermore, if you are from out-of-town, you will not regret choosing her, sight unseen! GO with her; TRUST her experience... She blew us completely away with her skill, talent, and creativity!

It's not always easy to convey your personal vision to someone, yet Laura is completely adept at interpreting casual "flower-speak"... She welcomed us, listened to us, and made sure she captured the details. Then, she WOWed us and our guests on our wedding day by how she made the vision for our ceremony and reception space come to LIFE! Ultimately, she showed us that she understood our vision better than we did, and we could not have been more touched by how she personalized her services to provide us with a breathtaking experience from start-to-finish!

Laura, thank you for making dreams come true... We don't know that we will ever be able to convey the incredible feelings we felt when we walked into our reception and saw all the fruits of your labor! We can't wait to share the official photos soon... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

User7294868

2+ years ago

Laura did a really wonderful job, even though I gave her very little direction and I had a small budget. She was great!

Stacey

Married on 10/24/2015

I would totally recommend Laura for your wedding. She was extremely fast at responding to my emails and provided a detailed breakdown of what everything cost. Laura was able to understand my vision and went even beyond what I had imagined. She not only created my bouquets and floral centerpieces, but also provided the beautiful linens, chiavari chairs, draping/up lighting, and charger plates for the tables. She was able to transform a dull reception hall into a warm elegant romantic space. Everyone was shocked at how beautiful it was. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Lora

Married on 05/02/2015

Working with Laura was a blessing! We went back and forth many times to get everything we wanted and within our budget- she was so accommodating and creative. Our flowers were absolutely gorgeous and I truly loved my bouquet but she did so much more than just amazing flowers. We had A LOT of detail for her to handle and she tackled it all and created exactly what I had envisioned in my head with very little direction on my part. I essentially threw a ton of little ideas at her and she brought it all together beautifully. We are so grateful to have been able to work with Laura and would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a florist.

Christine

Married on 12/13/2014

We found Laura through our wedding planner and we cannot describe how beautiful our flowers turned out. I absolutely loved all of our bouquets, they were better than I imagined. Our reception flowers were gorgeous, I had several people tell us that loved our centerpieces. A friend said he never noticed wedding flowers until our wedding! Laura also created a beautiful piping system which was placed over our cake and dessert table, the chandelier strands were beautiful. Laura is easy to work with and you will be blown away when you work with her!

T
Tamara

Married on 10/12/2014

I could not be happier that I chose Laura with SCF Events to do the floral decor for our wedding. Throughout the process, Laura was super quick to respond to all emails and communications and was very thorough with all of the details. She invests time and energy into each client and created a Pinterest board with ideas and inspiration specifically for our wedding. During our meetings with her, I tried my best to show and tell her what I envisioned. On the day of our wedding, the chuppah, bouquets, and Centerpieces were even more gorgeous than I ever could have imagined. I was blown away when I walked in the doors and saw the setup. She totally understood what I was going for and went above and beyond to achieve it. Not only that, but after she started setting everything up outside for our ceremony and it began pouring, she reset everything up inside. The quality and value is unbeatable! I would recommend Laura and SCF many times over!

X
Xinchen

Married on 03/22/2014

I am so, so happy that I found Laura and SCF Events! I emailed several florists around Houston for initial quotes, and Laura was the only one who replied quickly with a form to fill out so that she'd know what I was envisioning and give me a detailed quote based on that. (Other vendors replied with a few sentences with general pricing, and the other vendor who also sent me a form proceeded to give me a quote that didn't take my response into account.)

Laura is also very transparent with her pricing - she has a spreadsheet that shows the cost for each bouquet, centerpiece, rental, etc. Most importantly, though, she was so patient and flexible - we went back and forth several times as I changed my mind (what bride doesn't, right?). Each time, Laura responded quickly with a new quote and details regarding the flowers and details.

I knew close to nothing about flowers when I began the process - I told Laura only that I wanted "fluffier flowers" and ideas of our color scheme, and then left it up to her. Her vision and execution were impeccable - I completely trusted Laura to do a beautiful job (she has so many pictures on her website of weddings that she's done... And these photos are from recent weddings, not from weddings five years ago!).

Clients have the chance to visit the flower market with Laura for the final pre-wedding meeting. I wasn't able to take advantage of that due to scheduling conflicts, but I still met with Laura about 3 weeks before my wedding to nail down details. Laura comprehensively went through each of the bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, etc. To discuss the flowers and vases that she would use for each.

My fiance and I (and our guests! ) were blown away when we saw what Laura had created for us (I seriously couldn't get over how beautiful my bouquet, my bridesmaids' bouquets, looked). I trusted Laura to do a great job, but "great" is truly an understatement for what she and her team did.

User3257467

2+ years ago

SCF Events gave us everything we asked for and more, best part... It was stress free! We were truly blown away on our wedding day when we saw the arrangements. The centerpieces were extraordinary and STUNNING! We put our trust in Laura's talent and she delivered. We highly recommend SCF Events!

Sheronda

Married on 03/09/2013

Laura with SCF Events was AMAZING to work with. She is soooo creative! No matter what your budget, she will make unbelievable floral arrangements for you.

Katherine

Married on 09/29/2012

Exceptional quality and service at an affordable price - Laura and her staff are the absolute best! Flowers were very important to us and we shopped around quite a bit. After much research and many referrals, we decided to go with SCF and we are very happy we did. Laura was responsive and accommodating throughout the whole process, providing expertise and suggestions where needed. She never tried to oversell; she worked with our budget and proposed options that she knew would fit our vision. We knew we didn't have to worry with her and trusted her with alot of the creative decisions. Everything turned out perfect, much more than we ever expected. Her flowers stole the show and definitely made the difference. Thank you, Laura!

User2698592

2+ years ago

We loved working with Laura and SCF Events for our wedding. I could tell from our first meeting that Laura had a great eye for design and what looks good. She understood the look that we wanted. We were planning remotely from California and the process was a breeze. The flowers were beautiful and we got tons of compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Laura and her team!

Lisa

Married on 07/07/2012

Laura was fantastic! She helped me - who knows nothing about flowers - figure out exactly what we wanted for our wedding. She had a number of delivery/pick up options, which we appreciated. Since we had the ceremony and reception at 2 different places, she helped us design pieces that were used on the pews, and then re-purposed as center pieces. Highly recommend!

Ashley
Ashley

Married on 03/16/2012

Laura Tran was awesome! I have never seen a more beautiful bridal bouquet or bridesmaids bouquet. We changed our order so may times and she was understanding, and never once got frustrated with us for doing so. The flowers couldn't have been more beautiful! Everything flowed beautifully, and the flowers that were used on the chair during the wedding was wonderful too! I am so glad we hired Laura! She is so passionate about what she does! Thank You Laura!

Cara

Married on 11/11/2011

Laura did a fantastic job of capturing exactly what we wanted on our day. As opposed to some other florists we spoke with, Laura was able to draw out exactly what the centerpieces and ceremony backdrop would look like. Then, on our wedding day, it looked exactly like her drawing! She also invited us to visit the floral supplier she uses, so that we knew exactly what we were getting in terms of flowers. She is a perfectionist who will be able to make your dreams come true within the budget you provide to her. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and we recommend her to help beautify the event of your lifetime!

Sunita

Married on 10/22/2011

Laura is truly gifted and talented. Her work is impeccable. SCF Events exceeded our expectations! It was wonderful to work with them. Ray and I were blown away when we saw everything all placed together! Beautiful!

Lyna

Married on 10/08/2011

SCF did an absolutely amazing job on my wedding. It was even more beautiful than what I imagined. Laura is so great to work with. She is very professional and really works with you on your budget. My best friend used SCF for her wedding a few years ago and they did such an amazing job that I have recommended SCF to many of my friends since then and used them for my own. Everyone that I recommended to use SCF has never been disappointed and have actually exceeded their expectations!

Lindie

Married on 06/25/2011

Laura with SCF Events was amazing. The main thing i cared about at the wedding was flowers, I wanted them everywhere and to make our space feel more church like. I told her i wanted a very light, elegant beautiful feel to the flowers and the Chuppah that she also set up for us. Laura took this idea and ran with it. She did an amazing job. She was constantly giving me ideas and suggestions. I went with an all white theme with peacock feathers. Many of the florists did not have the best vision for this... Laura hit it out of the ballpark. She was very prompt on response time and flexible with her scheduling. Her prices were unbelievably resonable for what i wanted. Everyone was taking pictures of our beautiful centerpieces and our head table, which she designed better then i could have ever dreamed of. If you want the floral wedding that you have always dreamed of, Laura and the SCF Events team is who you should choose!

N
Natalie

Married on 05/14/2011

SCF Events took my vision and made it come to life even more beautiful and perfect than I could have imagined. They were wonderful to work with and respected every wish I had.

Married on 05/07/2011

Laura has such great talent and her work ethic was far beyond. She puts you at ease throughout the planning process. She has great tips and ideas to fit your theme and personality. I recommend Laura for your wedding and special events.

Kelda

Married on 04/23/2011

Laura and her team did an excellent job! The flowers and design of the space were amazing! The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous! Laura was very friendly and easy to work with throughout the entire planning process and though I had a few ideas of what I wanted, she was the magic behind the beautiful results! I would definitely hire her again, if I needed to have designs for future festivities! Thanks SCF events!