Back to Scratch Bakeshop

Jamie
Jamie

Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful bakery

I've used Scratch bakery for every life event, so there was no question they would be doing my wedding cake! The tasting was so much fun and they perfect every detail when it comes to delectable delicacies. They are truly professional and will create the wedding cake or desserts of your dreams!

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 10/06/2018

Gluten Free + Vegan Cupcakes!

We ordered a dozen chocolate raspberry cupcakes for our guests with allergies. They were gluten free and vegan. I had to stop a few of our non-vegan non-celiac's guests from taking them (despite our sign) cause they looked so pretty. Our guests who had them raved how tasty they were. It was straight forward to work with them and my brother picked them up on the day of the wedding. Great all around.

Melissa
Melissa Andhor

Married on 09/08/2018

A Dessert Bar Dream Come True

My groom and I decided to not purchase the traditional wedding cake and do a dessert table instead. Ultimately, we ordered mini cupcakes, mini brownies, and mini cheesecakes and each and every one was delicious! Being an out-of-town bride, choosing from the many options that Scratch offered was a challenge, but Molly was helpful in advising popular dessert options, appropriate flavor combinations, and quantities. Scratch created custom orders for us on two different occasions so that we could select our wedding day desserts. On our big day, Scratch was able to deliver our desserts directly to the venue which helped the day run smoothly! Our guests absolutely loved each and every dessert and our table was picked clean by the end of the night!

A
Ariana

Married on 08/04/2018

DELICIOUS! We did a dessert bar and Scratch delivered above and beyond! All our guests raved about the desserts and selection. We had cupcakes, tartlets, cookies and cream puffs. Scratch has an amazing selection of flavors for everything and worked with us on which flavors go best together.

B
Brandon

Married on 05/12/2018

Scratch,

Thank you so much for being a part of our special day! The Cinderella inspired wedding cake you made for us was absolutely beautiful and was just as we had envisioned it. You guys really know what you’re doing and you made the whole cake planning easy and simple for us. We will definitely recommend you guys to anyone looking for custom cakes, or even just a few sweets. Thank you again so much for the amazing cake and I’m sure we will stop in again soon!

Julie

Married on 10/08/2017

Wow wow wow! We cannot say enough wonderful things about Scratch Bakeshop. As a couple with big sweet tooth’s we knew we wanted something absolutely delicious for our wedding and we found it here. They had unlimited flavor options and had many size options to accommodate the many flavors. What really drew us to Scratch Bakeshop was their ability to handpaint cakes. They were able to make my wedding cake vision come alive while staying within our budget. Our guests raved about the amazing tasting cake! They also made us small shortbread cookies as our wedding favor.

Scratch Bakeshop's reply:

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for the sweet review!! It was great working with you and we were so happy to be part of your special day!

Best,
Scratch Team

E
Erika

Married on 09/15/2017

My cakes both looked and tasted amazing! All my guests all raved about the cake. Scratch has so many amazing flavors to choose from and can create any combination of flavors! They were so easy to work with. Would highly recommend them!

Jenny

Married on 07/08/2017

Scratch is amazing! How could you not support this phenomenal Bakeshop with how DELICIOUS their baked goods are!? You won’t be disappointed with the service they provide. Thanks for being awesome Scratch.

R
Ruth

Married on 03/11/2017

My husband and I chose this place because he has a lot of family members who are gluten intolerant. I did not know gluten free cake could taste this good! One thing we appreciated during the tasting was how the samples were of different cake and cake fillings that we could mix and match with. We felt it was better than just sampling a cake slice per flavor. These girls did such a phenomenal job with our cosmos themed cake. We absolutely loved it. We went with and recommend Scratch's delivery/set up option. It made the day stress free, and gave us one less thing to worry about on the day of the wedding. We'll definitely go to them again for future celebrations!

K
Katie

Married on 10/08/2016

I am SO HAPPY that we decided to go with Scratch Bakeshop. The individualized experience that we received was second-to-none. From our very first tasting to the design and the final product - we were 100% satisfied. Our guests kept saying things like... "these are the best cupcakes I've every had in my entire life" and "I can't get over how beautiful your cake is". Thanks to the Scratch team, we didn't have to choose between taste OR presentation - we got both! :)

Courtney

Married on 07/09/2016

We loved scratch! They make the most delicious cakes, cookies, brownies, pies, cheesecakes and macaroons! Our guests absolutely loved our dessert table! They were reasonable and super helpful!

Jess

Married on 05/21/2016

We really wanted some unique flavors (not just chocolate & vanilla) for our wedding cake and Scratch was one of the few places that had a long list of choices. They allowed us to pick a different flavor for each tier, which was amazing, and the cake was delicious and moist-unlike many wedding cakes. The design was beautiful- exactly what we wanted! And it was transported for 70 miles without a problem. They also allowed us to pick out a cake stand and rent it from them for our wedding which was perfect. So, so happy with how it turned out!

User6752141

2+ years ago

We ordered a 3 tiered cake (lavender and lemon w/ vanilla buttercream), 72 French Macrons in 3 flavors (coconut lime, bourbon salted caramel, raspberry champagne) and 72 mini donuts in 2 flavors (ganache frosted w/ crushed potato chips and cinnamon and sugar) for our wedding. Everything was stellar!

This place is amazing. Their list of flavors is endless. Their ability to customize things to exactly what you want is great. We used these gals for our wedding and it was easily one of the best highlights of the night. They were super accommodating, super helpful and everything is incredibly delicious. I can't recommend their French Macrons enough. Those things are killer.

Despite our wedding being over, this place is close enough to our apartment that I find myself in there at least once a week picking something up because there are just too many delicious things to try. I cannot recommend them enough!

User6234645

2+ years ago

Scratch and the team there were wonderful to work with for my wedding. Their consultation was useful and informative (included 12 mini cupcakes with at least six different frosting flavors), and their menu options for flavors, types of dessert, and combinations are truly incredible. They are definitely more than willing to customize. For our wedding, we had a small four-tier cutting cake (carrot — it was exquisite), and then ordered dozens and dozens of mini desserts for our guests. Everything we ordered — from the macarons, to the hand pies, to the cupcakes, to the madeleines — were beautifully presented and delicious. They have some unique and tasty flavors, too! I would totally recommend them to a friend.

User6165363

2+ years ago

Scratch and the team was awesome! They were responsive and willing to meet as many times as necessary for any changes we made. The cake itself was delicious. We had a 3 tiered cake with chai Italian cream frosting (DELICIOUS) and the kitchen cakes were frosted the same. The scroll work on the tiered cake was beautiful-they were able to copy our invitation scroll work and it looked wonderful! All of our guests continue to talk about how delicious the cakes were (chocolate with raspberry and vanilla with raspberry) and that it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. This is the place to go for creativity, flexibility (you can pick any flavor for cake and frosting! ) and their work is stunning!

Jenna

Married on 09/12/2015

Wow, the girls at Scratch are incredible! Not only was our wedding cake the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, it was unbelievably delicious. Carrot cake with caramel cream frosting – INSANE. In addition to our delectable cake, the Molly and Kate also worked to create several mini-pies for our reception. They let us request all sorts of flavors, and had everything set up beautifully on our dessert table. I'm going to have to assume they were delicious, because they were gone in about 2 seconds flat! What really drew me to Scratch was their eye for fun, modern trends, which they absolutely apply to their desserts and styling. These girls really know their stuff inside and out, and love what they do. I couldn't be happier!

Claire

Married on 09/05/2015

Simply amazing! The gals at scratch made our vision come true and provided the most delicious wedding treats and desserts. My guests loved them!

Jana

Married on 08/29/2015

We got our wedding cake and a variety of other desserts from Scratch and could not have been more pleased with the outcome. Kate was wonderful to work with and always responded to my questions right away. Our tiered wedding cake was absolutely delicious and looked gorgeous with handmade sugar flower decorations. We also ordered a bunch of different cookies and other desserts that were delicious as well, including some amazing decorated shortbread cookies with pictures of our dog on them! For the quality of their desserts and the service you will receive when you work with them, the prices at Scratch are more than reasonable, and as an added perk they offer a free six-inch cake on your one year anniversary so you don't have to worry about saving the top of the wedding cake!

MrsMaar2B
Lauren

Married on 07/25/2015

The girls at Scratch Bakeshop are AMAZEBALLS! They make amazing desserts that are tasty and BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait for our big day to showcase all they have to offer to everyone! :)

Jessica
Jessica

Married on 03/14/2015

Our experience with Scratch was amazing. The dessert table set up by them, and the desserts themselves were a huge highlight of our reception. Thankfully we live just down the street from Scratch, because we are soon-to-be regulars.

H
Hannah

Married on 10/22/2017

Scratch was a delight to work with. They're super flexible with flavors, what kinds of desserts you want, decor, etc. We ended up getting one tiered cake, two other small cakes in different flavors, and several dozen donuts. Their vegan and gluten free options are also a life-saver when dealing with a large group of people with different dietary restrictions/allergies. And, most importantly, those were just about the best cakes I've ever tasted!

j

Married on 08/11/2018

4.7

I have a gluten sensitivity and had Scratch make our wedding cake. The cake was really good, it was a very tight crumb which made it slightly dry but for GF, it was good! The cake was beautiful. Thank you.

Caitlin

Married on 06/11/2016

Scratch can make all your wedding cake dreams come true. They let us try out some funky flavours and gave excellent service during our tasting (we ended up having a black tea flavoured cake with a lemon and honey buttercream frosting and honey drizzle - like tea in cake form - we live in London). They stayed flexible with their communication while we were abroad and they do nothing short of excellent when it comes to both taste and presentation. If you are willing to invest in your cake they will make that investment well worthwhile - and do it all with a smile.

They also made a single dairy-free cupcake in our selected flavour for one of our guests - even that was gorgeous and delicious!

User3187525

2+ years ago

Everybody loved the mini cupcakes at my wedding and I couldn't get enough of the bride and groom cake. Thank you so much making my day so special!