Back to Shade and Strand

21 Reviews for Shade and Strand

Featured
Jennifer

Married on 09/23/2017

Heather is absolutely incredible! I have had two or three bad experiences with getting my hair and make up done before her and when I met her I voiced my concerns and she vowed to give me a better experience. When we did my first trial for my wedding hair and make up , she constantly ask me if I liked what was happening and asked for my input. She even offered me a second trial for free just in case I wasn’t happy. But I so was! She absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way and I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone. Heather is multi talented and can do your make up, style your hair, cut your hair, and give product advice like no one’s business. Not only that, but she is such a fun person and so full of life. One of the best parts of working with her is how sweet and bubbly she is :-) I can’t wait until I need my hair or make up done again! Thank you Heather for making my wedding hair and make up experience wonderful from start to finish

Shade and Strand's reply:

Jen! You have such a beautiful soul. Thanks so much for the wonderful words and trust. I think one of my favorite parts of the morning was the Willy Wonka and chocolate factory moments. Well Done! lol

G
Gretchen Bartels

Married on 06/01/2019

Glam Wedding Hair and Makeup

I loved working with Heather and Tiff for my wedding hair and makeup. I was looking for something classy with a bit of old Hollywood style with a bold but natural look on the makeup, and they delivered just what I was hoping for! They were amazing, and I felt so glamorous and beautiful for my wedding!

Maria
Maria

Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing ladies on my wedding day

Shade and Strand was great on my wedding day! All the ladies in my party had a great time getting ready and chatting with Heather. She made everyone feel comfortable from the moment she walked in the door. She is so much fun and professional she did everyone hair exactly as they envisioned and the whole experience was amazing.

CHRISTINA
Christina Hernandez

Married on 04/05/2019

Heather is Amazing!!!

I met Heather at a bridal show in September 2018 & I then contacted her March of 2019 & she was ready to go. She showed up at 7am & helped my mom & I get ready. She is truly amazing.

My curls fell before my pictures were taken but it was still beautiful ❤

Angelina
Angelina

Married on 11/23/2018

Practically perfect in every way!

I met these two incredible women at a Bridal show last year. I have very thin hair and was very concerned with it looking beautiful on my wedding day. They took my Maid of Honor and I right there in the middle of the show and showed us just a little of their magic. We fell in love.... Not only are they so much fun to get to know but they truly do give you the feels of confidence and beauty!

I initially hired them just for hair ONLY without realizing that Heather does makeup as well. But boy am I glad to have found that out! Trials were easy and painless and so fun too! We tried different styles and looks and it really made the primping part exciting! My trials were done for my engagement photos and they were tested in the heat of July outside... One word... PERFECT!

Debbie and Heather arrived on wedding morning peppy and pumped with twelve women (AND A MAN) to prepare for a 1 o’clock ceremony. Everyone was perfect by photo time and never once did we feel rushed or stressed.

These two are professional as can be and yet still like a party all to their own. I am so thankful to have had them be a part of my day and I PROMISE you, you won’t be disappointed... Not even if you tried to be!

Becky
Becky Walker

Married on 10/18/2018

Wedding Hair and my long time hairdresser

When my friend who was going to do my hair (on a budget) for my wedding, fell through I asked my long time trusted hairdresser Heather to come through. I was willing to pay for peace of mind... Not only did her pricing shock me in the best way, she was able to come to me somewhat last minute. She had time for my bridal party and even helped me with my false eyelashes. She's a valuable lifesaver and I don't know how she does it all! I'm too lazy to give reviews but I just had to give her a shout out because she's the best!

V
Devina

Married on 09/14/2018

Extraordinary

Upon being professional and giving stellar service Heather whipped out hair for 8 girls in a very limited time and made everyone beautiful! This woman is a genie!

Jenelle

Married on 09/08/2018

I would highly recommend Heather for hair and makeup at your wedding! She came to my house for a trial run a month before and I was already impressed when she walked in with a double stacked roller bag that unfolded onto the table with every professional tool you could think of for hair and makeup. I had sent her some photos ahead of time of what I was looking for and we only spent maybe 5 minutes talking about it, but that was enough for her to understand exactly what I was looking for and the hairstyle turned out BEAUTIFUL. She also worked with me on makeup, really trying to understand my style and what I wanted, trying things out and course correcting depending on the feedback I gave her. The day of the wedding, she was punctual and went to work re-creating the exact same thing we had worked on during the trial. She is fast, efficient, good at what she does, but is also an artist at heart and completely down to earth and friendly. You will feel totally comfortable asking her to tweak things. She gave me a sample size lipstick for the day of in case I needed a touch up, but honestly, I never did, my makeup and hair both held up with no effort the entire day. Her prices are also extremely competitive compared to others I had contacted, especially given that she comes to you. Heather is great, you won't regret hiring her for your wedding!

Shade and Strand's reply:

Wow! Thank you Jenelle for the love. I am sending out nothing but positive vibes and energy to you and your new boo! Many blessings!

Kimmi
Kim

Married on 09/02/2018

Heather was amazing! I just had my trial makeup and hair done for my engagement shoot and I looked and felt so beautiful. She was so fun and easy to talk to and just a pleasure to be around. She really knows her stuff and you can tell she is super passionate about what she does. I cannot wait for her to work her magic on me on my wedding day!

Jennifer

Married on 07/05/2018

Oh my goodness! Heather was amazing! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding ceremony and came back to my house 2 days later to do my hair and makeup for my reception. She was so kind and fun and truly did an amazing job. Makeup and hair was different both days to accommodate a more formal ceremony and a more casual beach reception. I got so many compliments and wouldn't hesitate to ask her to beautify me again!

Also, she was so flexible, as I kept changing the time and location of my hair and makeup for my reception. Thank you for everything, Heather!

Samantha

Married on 06/16/2018

Updated post wedding: Heather did a more than an amazing job for my wedding! My hair and make up was flawless and lasted through the night. I even spring a last minute hair change on her and she made my hair still look better than I imagined. My hair was actually my favorite part of my whole look! Heather's partner, Tiffany came to do some bridesmaid's make up as well. Together, they were so much fun to work with! We were laughing and jamming to music the whole time. Everyone loved their looks and their price is very reasonable. I highly highly recommend Shade and Strand for your wedding hair and make up.

Great value and service! I highly recommend! She really listened to what I wanted for my hair and make up in my trial and took notes and on what I liked and wanted for the wedding. Very thorough.

C
Celena

Married on 06/16/2018

I have had the privilege and honor of following Heather’s career as she built her portfolio from her station chair, to wedding chairs, to her home clientele, and was able to reap the benefits of her exquisite and unique talents each time. When my fiancé (at the time) and I started planning our wedding, we knew we wanted our wedding party to match our avant-garde theme and my first thoughts for hair and makeup immediately went to Heather. We knew that she could envision what we envisioned and bring to life those tiny details of art and creativity that others couldn’t comprehend, and if you are looking for very original ideas and willing to go outside the box, Heather is definitely your girl!

From the first time my then fiancé and I sat down to with Heather, we were greeted with a very warm and welcoming demeanor that led to a very easy-going and comfortable conversation, which felt like a breath of fresh air compared to the overly professional and stiff vendors we were previously meeting with. With an impressive background and various skills on hand, and most importantly with someone who was open to new ideas and really listened to their clients requests, Heather took to heart everything we said and was genuinely as excited as we were to bring our vision to life. Since that first day Heather and her assistants have never ceased on their service and quality during the Trial and up until the day of and we couldn’t have been happier with our decision.

Our wedding party looked so spectacular, and the hair and makeup were the perfect finishing touches to our wedding aisle/runway fashion show and we get to relive it through our wedding video any time we want. I cannot put into words how incredible every single attention to detail was; from each gem that was strategically glued in to the placement of feathers or how she was able to ombré the glitter as it continued past your lids, everyone was remarkable and it was an experience you don’t easily forget.

E
Eunice

Married on 05/22/2018

Heather is the best! I had my makeup and hair done by her for my senior prom and I looked stunning. She really does her best to give you exactly the look you’re going for. After a long night of dancing and sweating, my makeup and hair were still flawless.

K
Kelly

Married on 12/16/2017

Heather was great, and her price can't be beat! The day of the wedding she did my makeup, two bridesmaids, the officiant, and both mothers (a total of 6 ladies), and everyone's makeup stayed flawless throughout the night. I was honestly impressed, given how much crying I did myself! Thanks again Heather :]

Skyler

Married on 11/11/2017

I feel so incredibly blessed to have had Heather as my artist for hair and make up on my wedding day. My hair and make up looked was so beautiful and I got countless compliments throughout the day!
When we did my trial session, she worked with me to make sure everything was just the way I had envisioned, and I LOVED it! And I couldn't believe that on the wedding day, my hair and make up looked even better than the trial! It was like a work of art. She also did make up for my bridesmaids and mom and everyone looked gorgeous!
Heather was always so helpful and patient with me. When I asked for changes or a little something extra, she was quick to jump on it - always being so flexible and open to anything.
She is down to earth, so fun, and very sweet. By the time of the wedding, Heather felt like a friend, not just a vendor, and just that simple thing made getting ready for my wedding so much more fun and special!
Hair and make up is definitely something brides want perfect on their wedding day, and I would recommend Heather 10 out of 10 times! I just can't rave enough about her and her talent. She is worth every penny because with her you don't just get an amazing make over, you get an experience with a true professional!

M
Misti

Married on 10/21/2017

Heather was amazing! In my trial I showed her photos and she did EXACTLY what was shown. However, I am not a hair and makeup person, so I realized I chose the wrong look for me. After we discussed a few adjustments, Heather listened to everything I wanted and made my hair a masterpiece! I still am getting comments left and right about how beautiful if looked! All of my bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law looked gorgeous that day thanks to her magic! She is professional and very good on keeping her timeline, even when I messed it up on my end :) The proof is in the pudding, so take a look at the pictures, and know you are in great hands with Heather! Thank you Heather for keeping us so beautiful all day, even with the wind!

Shade and Strand's reply:

Thank you so much Misti for the kind words. Your Bridal party and you were awesome. and job well done on your artistic eye!

Shelby

Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot rave enough about Heather! She was recommended to us by a friend and I couldn't imagine anyone better. She was very professional, delightful, friendly, (I could just go on!). Everyone was so relaxed and comfortable. She took photos I had sent, above and beyond. She made my dream hairstyle more beautiful than I could ever imagine! Thank you so much Heather for your beautiful work! We will continue to recommend you over and over!

Shade and Strand's reply:

Shelby! thank you for the wonderful love. I am so glad I was referred to you. And please tell your Make Up Artist she is wonderful! I wish nothing but love for you and your new Hubby!

F
Felicia

Married on 09/23/2017

Heather is great! She is very easy going and nice to work with. My bridesmaids and I love the hair and make up that she did for us. I also really appreciate that she waited so patiently during my family photo, which delayed the schedule for my make up touch up that time. I highly recommend her!

Shade and Strand's reply:

Felicia, Thank you so much for the kind words. It may have been a crazy day but your family and you were awesome. I am sending tons of love your way to you and your new Hubby!

K
Kalena

Married on 06/17/2017

Heather and her team created unique and sophisticated versions of what we requested and specialized in fusing era’s and styles together to create something altogether new and unbelievable to take in. For those lovers of period pieces or statement making trends, Heather is bound to impress and take your ideas to new heights if you allow her some room for creative freedom. Ideas that I didn’t initially realize I was a fan ended up being the most beautiful work of art and was the hit of the night, and that is just one of many examples!

The pairing of our ideas with her talents allowed both to shine while complimenting the rest of the wedding details, and our guests wouldn’t stop raving about what a unique and artistic experience they had and it wouldn’t have been possible without Heather.

All in all, I cannot express what a blessing her and her staff were to have on board for our big day. They made it an easy and stress-free experience, worked well with the venue and other vendors, and left their work area spotless after the whole event. Everyone kept asking about our hair and makeup artist throughout the night, so we made sure to give out her card because it was an unforgettable service. And let’s just say by the end of the night all of her business cards were completely gone. Book her now folks before you have to wait a year in advance for her services!

G
Gina

Married on 04/08/2017

Heather was amazing... She was so patient with me despite my indecisiveness and she really saved the day, as my second stylist was having trouble with updo's! I highly recommend her if you want beautiful hair and makeup and a stress-free day!

Shade and Strand's reply:

Gina!!! Thank you so much for the kind words. You and your girls were amazing. Never once did you and your girl show stress or frustration. Thanks for trusting me and much love to you and your hubby!

Katie
Katie Clark

Married on 06/08/2019

Felt beautiful on my wedding day!

Shade and Strand was wonderful to work with! They are two hardworking mothers who are great at their craft! I felt comfortable and beautiful! They are open to your wants and needs and are open to your suggestions! Loved working with them!

Shade and Strand's reply:

Thank you Katie. It was a pleasure to be apart of your day! We both really appreciate you and your wedding party!