Back to Small Kitchen Big Taste

3 Reviews for Small Kitchen Big Taste

Jennifer
Jennifer

Married on 10/07/2018

Small Kitchen Big Taste was one of my caterers for our wedding (appetizers) and also in charge of staffing my backyard affair. Working with SKBT and Karen has been a joy from start to finish. From the moment we walked into our tasting to create our delicious menu, to last minute changes, to executing perfect food the day of, I want to relive this experience again and again. My guests raved about the menu, and some favorites included fun takes on cocktail meatballs, shrimp and grits, and chilled tomato soup shooters. The food was beautiful and displayed like it was in a magazine.

Karen and her team were also in charge of staffing my event. This meant not only did they feed my guests, but bussed the tables, cleaned up trash, set up my pie display (Karen took it upon herself to clean out her stock of cake stands and create the most beautiful tables ever) and EVEN mop my bathroom trailer when it sprung a leak. As guests started to leave, SKBT cleaned every table and organized my decor.

Best of all, Karen and her team were friendly and attentive the entire night. My bridal party had their own tray of appetizers waiting for them immediately following the ceremony, and all night the staff checked in on my husband and I (as well as my parents) to see how they could help. I eagerly look forward to having another event so I can hire this team again.

Small Kitchen Big Taste's reply:

Thank you SO much!!! It was such a joy to work with you!

K
Kelly

Married on 09/09/2017

I LOVED everything that Karen put together for our appetizer cocktail hour and for our desert (PIE! ) at our wedding. We chose her Farm Table option, and a selection of pies. Everything was BEAUTIFUL and delicious, and Karen was great to work with. My only regret was that I, personally, did not get to eat more of it. Our guests loved everything. I will definitely use SKBT in the future.

Thank you so so much!!

T
Thea

Married on 05/27/2017

We are so freaking lucky that we found Karen. After being strung along by a potential caterer for 6 months (we thought we were on the same page, and we had contacted them pretty early, so we put up with a lot more than we should have) which ended when they FINALLY got us a quote that happened to be 4 times our budget (that we clearly told them. We're really curious as to how "$x, which can be stretched a little if needed" turned into $4x). This was less than 5 months before our wedding, so cue the panic. We emailed a ton of places, and one helpful one (a hero as well) wasn't available but suggested Karen with Small Kitchen, Big Taste. Within 2 weeks of losing our original candidate, and a week of initially contacting her, Karen had replied, come up with a sample menu that was literally perfect and needed no adjustments, that was in our budget (and she was transparent about all the costs, unusual and refreshing), and we'd signed the contract. It was such night and day, and such a lesson in what a good vendor looks like that we were shocked we'd talked to the other one for so long.
Karen was helpful and responsive in the days leading up, and then she and her team were fantastic day-of. They saved us food at cocktail hour when we got there late because of pictures, and the whole night everything was crazy delicious and well-presented. I had declared in advance that I wouldn't be That Bride that doesn't get to eat at their own wedding because they keep getting side-tracked and never have time, but that was unnecessary because Karen and Team checked on both of us a couple times to make sure we were taken care of. Everything was so freaking good, we got compliments all night long, and after they had packed up (which- A+ service continued there, they helped clean up the bar and dessert leavings as well, and washed a bunch of stuff, and left the food tables spotless. Definitely above and beyond), they sent us home with trays of leftovers which were greatly appreciated.

I'm JUST seeing this!!! Thank you SO much Thea!!! <3