Back to Sophia Roud Media

L
Featured
Lloyd

Married on 09/08/2017

Amazing. Unique. Ambitious. Visionary. Sophia definitely stands out from the crowd! Her work is artistic and creative and awe inspiring! We hired Sophia to be our wedding videographer and were so glad we did. Sophia is very easy to communicate with and professional. Her mastery of her craft is what appealed to us the most, when we watch our videos we relive our favorite moments like a dream that you never want to end. It’s amazing how magical her finished products make you feel. She may be young but her works are timeless. We loved her smile and presence, very reassuring on your big day as she makes you feel relaxed in front of the camera. She’s fun and energetic, you won’t go wrong! Choose her!

Brittany
Brittany Correa

Married on 07/28/2018

We love Sophia!

Sophia has an incredible ability to capture every important moment without you even noticing that she was there. She blended gorgeous ceremony footage, candid reception moments, beautiful shots of the scenery, audio from our ceremony, and thoughtfully selected music to create an impactful wedding highlight that we cannot stop watching! We are grateful that we selected Sophia to document our special day and we highly suggest her to anyone who is in search of a videographer.

L
Laura

Married on 07/24/2018

Sophia was recommended to us by our wedding planner, Jeremy, with Hanai Events. He showed us an example of her work and guaranteed we would cry if she made our video. I am a sucker for tears of joy. He did not lie, oh my goodness... Talk about breathtaking! My husband gave the ultimate compliment, becoming inspired by Sophia’s work.

Sophia possesses a unique combo of professionalism, while feeling like family. Having a curve ball thrown our way 6 days before our destination wedding (venue fell thru), Sophia adjusted her schedule to accommodate our new plans/venue, and on her own accord, provided us with additional time to ensure we got sunset photos. Working with Sophia was one of our favorite parts of our day since my hubby & I really got to be with one another, laugh and be silly with Sophia’s encouragement and guidance.

She proceeded to work nonstop post-wedding, producing beautiful images within one week of the wedding (and double the amt. Promised). Our contract stipulated a 3 month turn around; both, pics and videos were made easily accessible and sent to us within 20 days! She also created a photo gallery to share with guests, mailed a personalized flash drive accompanied with a beautiful card & Hawaiian candy. Above and beyond is an understatement!

I cannot say enough about the spirit and amazing artistry of this extraordinarily talented woman. She is the real deal & we felt incredibly privileged to have her as part of our Big Day. After sharing with guests, many reached out sharing they were so touched by the video that they cried! While another family member stated “what ever you paid, it was not enough! ” …I could not agree more, and I, like our wedding planner, can guarantee that if you are lucky enough to get on Sophia’s calendar you will be beyond amazed by the gift she provides you with.

Sophia, we are eternally grateful to you and will forever cherish & easily be teleported back to our beautiful day with what you have gifted us with!

Monique

Married on 07/21/2018

Where do I start.... Sophia is absolutely, hands down the best videographer you can choose in Hawaii. Hiring a videographer for our ceremony was the best investment we made throughout the entire wedding process. We were married in Hawaii and our families could not attend. We held a reception back home and played the video ceremony for them. Sophia made every one cry and the compliments kept coming all night and even after we posted it online. I want to thank her for getting us this video so quickly and the extra mile she put into making us feel like we were movie stars. Please choose her now, you wont regret it!

D
Danielle

Married on 05/31/2018

I can not say enough good things about Sophia! Not only is she a beautiful, kind person but she is beyond talented. We look at our pictures she took of our wedding almost everyday. Leading up to the wedding Sophia was more than happy to go over any details that were important to us, and upon our first meeting we knew we had scored the jackpot with her. We really wanted someone to capture all the moments, but do to it naturally. And that's exactly what she did! She captured our day in a way I've never seen before. The comments we've received from our friends and family on the quality and style of photography Sophia provided makes us love her even more! She went above and beyond for us and made us feel so comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. We will never be able to thank her enough for her amazing work.

Jordan

Married on 05/27/2018

I have been literally crying all morning from joy watching Sophia's videography she did for us. It is beautiful. The most beautiful video of my entire life. Not only was the videography so captivating she was also so friendly and personable. You could tell she loves doing what she does. She's a natural. Her energy made me feel extra happy during our wonderful but stressful time. We overworked her with doing our ceremony and reception but the videos came out perfect. So thank you for your hard work. Much love and aloha. -Jordan & Damien Alvarez

Jaewon

Married on 05/20/2018

Sophia was nothing short of amazing. My wife & I decided to find a Videographer for our wedding and we decided to go with Sophia Roud through our photographer. He told us about her and knowing that our photographer's work was amazing. We couldn't have been more excited to find out about our Videographer!

The day of our wedding it was quite amazing. We didn't get the chance to see Sophia at all. It was like she worked from the shadows but we would catch a glimpse of her on occasions and very rarely did we ever feel like we were intruded on. It was unbelievable as most photographers & videographers need to get up right in your face to get the best shots possible. Not Sophia. Sophia was UNBELIEVABLE. It was absolutely amazing how the video turned out to be and knowing that she got some amazing shots just made it all the better. After we received our video the wife and I were talking together trying to figure out where Sophia was during that 8 hours of time we booked her for.

Not only was she able to hide away and keep herself constantly videotaping our wedding. But she seemed to be able to catch the love, joy, and happiness that was permeating that day. I couldn't recommend her more. If you want someone who you know will catch the best of your beautiful loved one and yourself. Catch the emotions and moments that you knew were special to you at that exact moment. A videographer who was very steady and amazing at keeping herself very professional but extremely friendly.

I couldn't have asked for someone better.

Thank you again, Sophia, from my wife & I.

N
Noemi

Married on 05/19/2018

Sophia is very talented. It’s easy to see her passion for art and beauty. We were very fortunate to work with Sophia for our wedding. She did an amazing job at capturing moments that’ll last forever! I’m in love with her work and still amazed with the final product. Also, she sent us a customized flash drive and personalized it with sweets! She is so amazing and sweet. Great to work with!

C
Cage

Married on 05/16/2018

Our experience with Sophia was nothing short of amazing. Even when planning from overseas, she was quick to respond to any questions we had. She was so helpful in making up a package that specifically fit our needs for our wedding day. Sophia was so friendly and easy to be around on the big day! She made sure to make everyone feel super comfortable. The end product was unbelievable. The wedding video she created captured our special day so perfectly. Her style is unique and artistic, and she’s able to make you feel exactly the way you felt on that day while watching the video. All of our friends and family LOVED it. I had many people ask me where to get a hold of Sophia. I also made sure to tell my wedding coordinator to recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding videographer!

C
Camille

Married on 02/08/2018

Love love love Sophia and the video! We made the right choice with picking Sophia. The video came out amazing. She captured so much. We were so surprised when we watched the video. We have gotten so many compliments on our video. She was so easy to get along with and she made the process easy for our destination wedding.

T
Taylor

Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married on island and knew neither of our families would make it. We wanted to find someone who would understand the importance of capturing all the emotions that would come during our ceremony. Sophia did just that and so much more. We knew her work was one of a kind, but after seeing what she did for us, it exceeded anything we could have imagined. She has such a giving heart and helped make our day sweeter than we could have asked for. Such a talented and sweet person.

Mika

Married on 11/11/2017

Where to begin?! Sophia is so incredibly talented and was such a pleasure to work with. She did our wedding video on Oahu and we were blown away by the final result! We looked at several different videographers and when we came across Sophia's work we knew immediately that this is what we had been looking for. Her style is more cinematic and creative. We scheduled a FaceTime session right away with her and chatted about what we were looking for. She was so eager to learn about us and what we were looking for. She connected with us a couple of weeks before the wedding to chat about final details. Day of went so smoothly and we honestly felt that we had made a lifelong friend by the end of it. When planning such a special day it is invaluable to have people around who you have full confidence in from the beginning to end. If you are looking for a video that captures all of the emotions of a wedding day that you will watch over and over, Sophia is your girl!

Josie

Married on 10/02/2017

We feel SO blessed to have found Sophia for our wedding photography and videography. One look at her portfolio and we knew that she had just the eye and style that we were seeking for our Maui ceremony and reception. She is professional, warmly engaging, a breeze to work with, and absolutely bursting with talent. We had a very basic preferred shot list but mostly left things up to Sophia's expertise. We came away with the most beautiful photos and a video that had me happy-crying within seconds. Words can't express the gratitude we have for our life-long treasures and the treasure that is Sophia herself!

Merianne

Married on 09/24/2017

I have nothing but admiration for Sophia and the work she produces. I spent countless hours on the computer searching for a videographer and I didn’t hesitate to reach out to Sophia, I thought she was too good to be true! I was over the moon at our final video, watched over 100X’s and still gives me goosebumps. She was incredibly sweet and pleasant to work with, very complimentary which made it easy to transition into being live models for the day! She made my husband and I feel very comfortable and at ease. At times we didn’t even know she was filming. She captured all of the awesome candid moments we didn’t even know existed and brought them to life in the most beautiful way. She did a fabulous job at capturing the scenery which was UNREAL at The Kualoa Ranch. The best part is being to able to see this for years to come, share with our future children and generations to come. Every penny well spent, not one regret hiring Sophia! Honestly, I just hope I get the opportunity to work with her again!

B
Rebeca

Married on 09/22/2017

I had a very small wedding of 20 people and didn't feel like I needed a whole days worth of coverage for my wedding. Luckily, Sophia had packages that offered coverage of the entire ceremony which was what I ended up with. After checking out some of her other videos I knew that I had to hire her as part of my wedding vendor team!

She somehow took a 15 minute ceremony that was in a very very small space and made a video that was dreamy, artistic, and lovely. She took some footage of my husband and I dancing and walking around the garden and edited that in there to elevate it even more. For the price I paid, it was everything I wanted and a keepsake that we'll look back on for the rest of our lives! Sophia is extremely talented and you will not be disappointed with her work!

A
Allana

Married on 08/24/2017

Sophia recently did our Wedding Video and it was beyond our expectations! She was punctual, professional and so easy to deal with organising all the way from Sydney Australia. Having 4 flower girls is a challenge in itself but Sophia managed to capture all special moments effortlessly. She's a very talented young lady we highly recommend.

K
Kaylee

Married on 07/01/2017

Sophia creates amazingly beautiful video! She is incredibly professional and creative. We spoke on the phone/facetime a few times before the wedding and she showed up early and captured everything beautifully. Hire Sophia!

N
Natalie

Married on 06/30/2017

Sophia is INCREDIBLE! We were floored when we first saw our wedding highlights; crying in the car to be exact, as we relived our wedding day and all of the feelings that came with it. Sophia's work not only captures the exact emotions that we and our friends/family were feeling that day, but also caught so many details and moments that we didn't personally get to witness. My husband and I didn't even notice Sophia most of the day (I do believe this is why everything looks so genuine & candid), and we were so pleasantly surprised when we saw so many beautiful memories in the video that we didn't know she had recorded! Everyone who has seen our video has been amazed at the quality and artfulness of it, and many of them have said it's the best wedding video they have seen.
We almost didn't have videography at our wedding and I am SO so glad that Sophia was there to capture everything for us. She is incredibly talented and doesn't simply record a wedding, her videos are works of art, and you can see her passion for what she does in her work. We would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a beautiful way to document their wedding day!

K
Kate

Married on 06/14/2017

Sophia is only 19 years old and she turned my wedding into something I will cherish forever. She took the time to meet with me and understand EXACTLY what I wanted from my wedding video. While she is super creative and I put all my trust in her, she also listened to what I wanted and catered to that in an amazing way. She made a special package for me since my wedding was going to be a little shorter than her normal events and was willing to negotiate price with me. I wish that I could get married over and over again just to have her video it! I cry every time I watch the video and I am so glad I spent the money to have it made. If you are looking for a videographer, don't look any further! Book her no matter where you live!

KRL
Kassandra

Married on 06/10/2017

Sophia is such a unique and wonderful talent. On the day of our wedding, she crept in like a mouse that we barely knew she was already hard at work capturing our big day. Throughout the ceremony, she was so discreet that we didn’t even remember seeing her. Her personality was the perfect blend of encouraging and yet allowing of the natural vibe. We feel so lucky to have found her for our wedding. All of the wedding videos we watched to find a videographer (and we watched A LOT), were either boring and cookie-cutter or a huge production that required multiple people in a highly non-discreet manner to pull off. When we watched Sophia’s videos, we fell in love with her style and we absolutely adore the edit that she made for our highlight video. My only regret is that we didn’t hire her to do a longer video. She delivered the video much faster than we thought and it came out beyond our expectations. We watched it together with a glass of wine and it brought tears to our eyes.
Sophia brought a balance of highly professional yet unique and creative filming style. She was discreet and a pleasure to work with before, during and after the wedding. The end product is something that we were really proud to show our friends and family, who were equally impressed. We are excited to one day have something artistic and beautiful to show our kids and grandkids that also really portrays the look and feel of how it actually was to be there that day. Our best decision for a day that goes by in a flash, was to not only rely on fading memories, but to also have the video to watch and relive the day. Thank you Sophia!

Jenna

Married on 05/19/2017

Sophia is amazing. We were absolutely blown away by our wedding video. Sophia really captured the essence of my husband and I. We haven't been able to watch it without tears, it's so emotional and perfectly captures all the emotions we were feeling that day. She captured all of our guests so naturally, most of them weren't even aware we had a videographer. Sophia captured so many candid moments that my husband and I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

The quality of the video is so much higher than the price we paid. I would pay triple the price we paid for the video she made us. We initially had no interest in a videographer but after our wedding coordinator recommended Sophia and we saw her work it was too good to be true.

I cannot recommend her enough. It's the best investment you can make as a bride and groom.

D
Dahlia

Married on 05/12/2017

I had issues with my wedding and Sophia was so sweet and kind and accommodating with my situation.
She was very friendly and professional throughout the whole shoot and I absolutely loved
the pictures!

Michelle

Married on 02/05/2017

Just book her already! Sophia is amazingly talented. She knew exactly what to do when she got to the house and the venue. Her passion for what she does is very apparent in the way she moves around your entire day, capturing the details, capturing the candid moments, and being so graceful as she does it. I would recommend Sophia because she is creative and youthful in her work. She is inspired by her surroundings and will turn your wedding into a beautiful cinematic experience you will have for a lifetime. As this was a destination wedding for us, we really wanted Sophia to capture the environment and all the details we put into making this day a tropical romantic oasis for not only us to remember but also for our guests. She did it beautifully. Thank you so much Sophia for being so wonderful and for being everything Kylin and I were looking for in a videographer!

S
Sandy

Married on 01/06/2017

Every time I look back at our video, I'm so happy to see how beautifully these guys captured our special day. My husband and I live in L.A. And wanted to capture our mini ceremony (a dozen in attendance) at a beach park near where he grew up in Hawaii. We're pretty no-frills and low-key, so this ceremony-only package was perfect for us. Side note... There are very few videographers on the island that will even take a job this small. I explained to another videographer that our needs were simple, but he said he really only did "bigger" wedding videos (with drones and body doubles, i'm sure) and reluctantly obliged to send me more info, which he didn't. Anyhow, no job is too big or small for this girl! She'll tackle any job. Sophia was totally up for what we wanted to capture, utterly sweet and responsive. A truly talented professional.

G
Gizelle

Married on 12/28/2016

Sophia was a joy and pleasure to work with. My husband and I were on a budget; she was very flexible and worked around our price range. I was impressed by her friendliness, professionalism, and her aesthetic creativity. The pictures and the highlight video were beautiful (and she finished them very quickly)! I truly appreciate her time and effort in making our wedding day special.