Back to Sound By Design

E
Featured
Elliott

Married on 09/15/2018

Rick Ehlert played an incredible role in our wedding this September at Cuvee in Milwaukee. Rick was incredibly responsive and very structured. Sound by Design has a process that works! They follow a script that relies on putting the customer first and learning about each couple's personality. They take notes, ask questions, and then make recommendations.

Rick was more than just our DJ, he was an outstanding wedding consultant that kept us on track, offered advice, talked about timing, and also gave us information on what to expect during the wedding process. He took the time to meet with our officiant before hand to go over the logistics, and was also very interactive with the wedding party. He didn't just hide behind the DJ booth, he was appropriately checking in and watched us for musical queues; he never played a song on our list until he saw us out on the dance floor and appropriately mixed in songs the entire crow would like.

During the reception, I received 5 different compliments on the music choice, volume, and guest mentioned it was "the best wedding playlist they have heard."

If you want more than just a DJ, if you want a consultant and a tremendous MC, if you want someone that has your best interests in mind, or if you want someone to help throw an awesome party - go with Sound by Design..... Go with our guy Rick!

P.S.
Rick also killed the light game. The lights we appropriate and complimentary during the dinner, and then in tune with the music during the dancing. He lowered the lights during certain songs, then sent them dancing once the beat dropped. Solid work.

He wasn't just a wedding DJ, he was an instrumental

caitlin
caitlin

Getting married on 09/07/2019

All in one, awesome service

We worked with SBD for their lighting, dj/MC, videography and photo booth services. Every element of what they provided, the way they communicated and what they recommended was outstanding. They brought our visions and tastes to life all while being calm, personable and so professional over the course of our wedding planning and on our wedding day. Thank you SO much for all you did to ensure our day was a blast!

Samantha
Samantha Kailas

Married on 07/20/2019

Best All in One DJ in Milwaukee

Sound By Design went above and beyond for us from day one. The SBD team held several meetings throughout our planning process in order to nail down all of the details. They did our cocktail hour and reception music, photo booth, uplights, and string bulb lighting. Their client music portal is a wonderful tool that we used to list all of our requests ahead of time, and our DJ Ray played all of them, no matter how obscure they were. We requested a unique first dance song where we wanted two songs seamlessly blended into one, and Ray did an incredible job! Our first dance was everything we wanted and imagined in one song that fit us perfectly. He read the crowd really well, and our dance floor was packed the whole night. He was a great MC, too, and was really fun to work with! We received so many compliments from our guests on the music selection and Ray's DJ-ing. The photobooth was so fun and busy all night. SBD provides props and a backdrop, so you don't have to buy your own (our florist provided our backdrop). Guests get a printed photo, and we received a scrapbook of the photos. They also sent us digital images of the photos for download. We requested the stringbulbs for our indoor venue a couple months before the wedding, and SBD made it happen in a way that was romantic and not obstructing anything with trellises. Ray and the SBD team made our day special, everything was perfect, and I am so glad we used them!

Mandy

Married on 07/13/2019

The Atrium

We worked with Ray over the weekend at the Atrium in Shorewood. He was nothing less than the best! He was so fun, enthusiastic, and helped really liven the party!
He sent out a link for song requests prior to the wedding and played every song we wanted! He even played one of the song my husband had wrote for our wedding day! He kept the party jumping and was such a good time, my friends and family would not leave the dance floor!

I would recommend Sound By design for any wedding or event/party in a heartbeat

Amanda Bush

Married on 06/22/2019

Couldn't have had a better experience!

Our DJ was Chris from Sound by Design. I could not have been happier with our reception music. We had an outdoor reception and with a threat of rain, he came prepared with back up plans and was willing to be super flexible and change from outdoor to indoor at a last minutes notice. We thankfully were able to go with the original plan and keep everything outdoors. Our music selection was great, his laid back personality fit with us perfectly, and I could not have asked for anything better! Chris and Sound by Design, thank you so much!

Bailey
Bailey

Married on 06/21/2019

Gasper Wedding

We had Max as our DJ and he absolutely crushed it! Everyone was amazing to work with leading up to the wedding. Max was kept our dance floor filled all night! We have received so many compliments about the music from our wedding and we owe it all to Max!

Katherina
Katherina A Kunz

Married on 06/14/2019

The best party!

We used Sound By Design for our past wedding for DJ and videography and we are SO glad to have had them be a part of our day! Max & Dylan were our DJs and they kept the party going all night long! So many people said how amazing their services were and how much fun they had dancing! We also heard how this is the most fun wedding they've ever been to (including their own)! Also, the online portal was so easy to work with and is such a good tool for adding in song requests.

Tony & his video team were truly amazing. They captured so much of the wedding day and were so much fun to talk with. My husband was not on board with a videographer as he didn't see the need for one, but SBD proved him otherwise. He is so glad I got someone to capture our day so we can relive it over and over again. I can't wait to see the video!

K
Kelly

Married on 05/25/2019

Overjoyed!

We had the opportunity to work with Trent and Miguel at our wedding this last weekend. Trent met with us prior to the wedding and was very attentive to what we were looking for. Sound by Design uses a template that we filled in with song selections for the basics, such as processional, recessional, first dance, etc. We then gave Trent a handful of other songs we’d like to hear throughout the night and he filled in the rest. He did not disappoint! We received many compliments about our selection, and our guests were up and dancing all night. Trent was very enthusiastic throughout the night introducing different parts of the evening, especially during our grand march that required extra attention to detail. Both DJs were kind and professional towards all of our guests. We had the perfect day. We will definitely recommend Sound by Design to our friends!

Allyssa
Allyssa

Married on 04/27/2019

Professional, Prepared, FUN!!

My husband and I were so impressed with Sound By Design on our wedding day. We used their DJ and lighting services. Our DJ, Torie, was awesome. They provided services for the ceremony and reception. The music was perfect for the ceremony - was timed well and on point. At the reception people were dancing before dancing was even set to begin! The music was right on point with what we wanted for each part of the evening. We even gave Torie the difficult task of multiple mother-son dances which he tackled flawlessly and seamlessly integrated the songs. Every song we wanted was played, all names were pronounced correctly, and the dance floor was full all night. The lights looked beautiful - we had up lighting throughout the venue and cafe bulbs over the head table. Thank you Torie and Sound by Design for being a huge part of our wedding day!

Marisa Sevilla

Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect MC and DJ!

Ray was FANTASTIC to work with right from the start! He made us feel immediately at ease that our day was going to go off without a hitch. He was super easy to work with and played perfect music even when we had just given him broad genres of what we liked. His MC'ing was also great and he kept the day moving smoothly. Our guests loved him and so did we! We would highly recommend Sound by Design and Ray!

Mikka

Married on 02/16/2019

Fantastic Reception with Sound By Design!

We had a fantastic reception with Trent and Joe from Sound By Design. We live in New York and were planning a wedding in Madison - which wasn't an easy task. Two of our friends had Sound By Design as their wedding DJ's and we knew we wanted to follow in their footsteps. The folks at Sound By Design were quick to respond and Trent was great to chat with on the phone while prepping for everything. And then at the wedding, Trent and Joe made all of our guests feel welcome and played exactly what we wanted to hear.
We highly recommend Sound By Design for your DJ needs!

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Married on 12/29/2018

No less than 10 people on the dance floor at a single moment!

We have nothing negative to say about Sound By Design. They were spectacular in every way! Our DJ was Ray and if we could give him more than 5 stars, we would! He was incredibly professional, responsive, and organized. He took what we wanted and made it into something that was even more perfect than we could have imagined. At no point were there less than 10 people on the dance floor during the reception. He played all of our "musts" while also reading the crowd very well and choosing the music to fit the vibe. He consistently checked in with us throughout the night, but it was brief and straightforward so we could keep him updated, but not waste too much time fussing over things that would get in the way of enjoying our wedding. We ended our wedding on Piano Man by Billy Joel. We kid you not, it was THE MOST perfect way to end our reception. It felt like a dream. Thanks, Ray!

R
Rebecca

Married on 11/10/2018

Danced all night long

My husband and I recently got married in November, 2018 in the northwest Chicago suburbs. When searching for our wedding vendors, my coworker suggested Sound By Design. When I looked them up, I saw nothing but positive reviews and a company that looked both professional and fun! We spoke to Tori on the phone and without hesitation, we booked SBD. From that point on, I would hear nothing but positive remarks from people who have used or knew of Sound by Design! I felt even more reassured that we chose the right vendor. Since we live in Chicago, we weren't able to go to WI often to meet with them. But I did have the chance to sit down with Dylan and I was SO surprised and happy to have met him. I felt even more excited about our upcoming wedding. Once we received our DJ assignment in Trent, we were able to talk to him further about the details and music selections for our big day. Wowwww I can go on and on about what a PERFECT night we had! I was somewhat particular about the different styles of music I wanted played between the cocktail hour, dinner, and reception dancing. Trent was very understanding and flexible to review my Spotify playlists. He NAILED it! The music was absolutely phenomenal and really set the tone throughout the night. I was so so so unbelievably happy with everything. On top of that, Trent was nothing but excited, positive, and professional throughout the night both as an MC and DJ. He would subtly and very nicely give people a heads up on their speeches (father of the bride, MOH, best man, etc. ) and it really made the night run smoothly which is much appreciated. The dancing portion of the night was INSANE. People never left the dance floor! This was a huge priority of ours for our wedding and it truly exceeded our expectations. My husband and I dominated the dance floor too and we couldn't have been happier. I know it can be hard to pick wedding vendors but this is one decision you shouldn't hesitate to make. Thank you SBD for pulling off our wedding dreams! We had the best night of our lives!

J
Jess

Married on 10/20/2018

True professionals and talent!

My husband and I used Sound by Design for uplighting and a projector at our wedding. Communication leading up to our event was top notch! They were prompt with their replies, friendly and confident in their work and abilities, which made us feel very comfortable going with them and their suggestions. Come the day, the crew that came in to set up was very friendly as well! They came up with a clever solution to help a vision we had about a video montage projected up on the wall come to life. And pin lights so our chefs at their stations wouldn’t get lost. Along with uplighting through the whole space to create a mood we were going for.

It all SHOULD have been perfect… and this is where my review gets tricky. I am not sure what happened or who should have been on top of these two things that unfortunately takes away from all the hard work SBD put in… the video montage was not set up on repeat, so after one time through (after about 30 min) there was a big blue square up on the wall for the remainder of the night. The video was supposed to be repeating for three hours until the end of the event. I didn’t notice right away and was way too busy and distracted to get my planners attention to get that fixed. The second, and this is a big one, is that the overhead lights never got turned off. The uplights were washed out and the room felt way too bright. We did not accomplish the mood we really wanted for our event. I unfortunately didn’t notice until the end of the night. And looking back at pictures, though beautiful, are so so bright. Breaks my heart, but hopefully this is one of those things that only my husband and I notice.

Thank you again Sound by Design for your professionalism and sharing your talents! I am sorry things didn’t go as perfectly at my event as you set up to be.

Courtney
Courtney

Married on 10/19/2018

Sound By Design made our night unforgettable

We used Sound by Design for DJ, Videography, lighting and Photo booth services, and they
went above and beyond to make sure our big day was the best it could possibly be! We had Zach as our DJ and he was extremely thorough, helpful, and fun to work with. He helped the day run smoothly from before the ceremony through the last song of the night, and kept the dance floor packed the whole time! Tony was our lead Videographer and he made us feel very comfortable, and encouraged us to just be us and the video will write itself! Him and his team were there for the entire day and didn’t miss a detail! The photo booth was a huge hit for all our guests, and the personalized album they created for us is an amazing keepsake of memories! Sound by Design also provided several different lighting options to help customize our day. They provided string bulb lighting over the bar, had uplighting on all the pillars, and even designed a custom monogram of our names/wedding date which was projected on the floor of the venue. They were really able to understand our wedding day vision, and execute each aspect! From start to finish, in each service we got from Sound by Design, they excelled and exceeded our expectations. We would highly recommend them for all their services to help make your wedding as great as ours was!

Joslyn
Joslyn

Married on 10/06/2018

Wow! We and our guests were thrilled with Sound By Design-they kept the dance floor full all night.

Sound by Design was the perfect dj group and fit for our wedding day. The process from beginning to end was seamless. The team was easy to reach and super flexible regarding times to meet or chat on the phone. Our dj (Max) kept the dance floor full all night! He went above and beyond to make sure we were having the time of our lives. Our guests were thrilled with the service and music provided as well. I would recommend them in a heartbeat! Thank you so much for creating such a fabulous night for us!

Ava
Ava

Married on 09/28/2018

Our guests couldn't stop dancing!

We had the best experience with Sound By Design for our wedding. They were extremely attentive in the months leading up to our big day and answered all of my questions. At our wedding Sound By Design made sure everyone was having the best time. The dance floor was always filled!

L
Lyndsey

Married on 09/22/2018

We used Sound by Design for our wedding reception at the Milwaukee Yacht Club and they did not disappoint! Our guests danced all night long. Torie and Dylan were our DJs and they were wonderful! They really read the audience and played music they knew the crowd would love. I highly recommend Sound by Design!

R
rob

Married on 09/14/2018

We were very satisfied with Sound by Design and their DJ, Raymond. Highly recommend.

From planning to day if, they were easy to work with, very professional and put us at ease. I found their rates very reasonable as well. They have a great database of music you can use to build playlists and are great at suggestions as well.

Day of, Raymond and his partner were on time and flawless. I hardly noticed them during the ceremony, but they handled all AV. They were great at communicating during the evening and MC'ing the reception. Music and dancing went well. Raymond was fun and kept the party going.

Overall, highly recommend Raymond and Sound by Design.

S
Sarah

Married on 09/08/2018

AMAZING! Our DJ’s name was Trent and oh my god, he was amazing! He helped make sure things were moving along smoothly, he was energetic and got our guests excited for everything, and he kept people on the dance floor all night. The first song he played had almost everyone on the dance floor and that’s where people stayed. It was so much fun and we would highly recommend this company for any wedding!

Abby

Married on 09/01/2018

We had Sound By Design as our wedding DJ. Rick was incredible knowledge and organized, we were so confident before our wedding that our dance would be great, and it was! We had some very pushy guests, Rick did a great job managing them and honoring all our request. Highly recommend them!
Thanks again Rick!

C
Cathy

Married on 08/04/2018

We had Nate as our main DJ. He totally understood what I wanted for all types of moods throughout the day for music and rocked the uplighting. What a pleasure to work with!

K
Kaitlin

Married on 07/28/2018

Hands down the best decision we could have made. Sound by design was amazing to work with && were so easy to work with. They were worth every single penny. We had Trenton as our main DJ and Jake was our second DJ. Both of them listened to every single request we had asked && had the crowd partying. People are still talking about them days later about how awesome they were! We had people on the dance floor the entire night! Thanks to trenton, jake & the whole crew from sound by design for making our night one to remember && for making it stress free! You all rock!

E
Emily

Married on 07/22/2018

Sound by Design is without a doubt the best DJ company in Wisconsin. I first heard them at a friend's wedding and I immediately asked the DJ for his card because I just knew I had to have them at my own wedding. We hired them for our big day and we had the best dance party ever! They are extremely fun to work with and they make sure to match you with a DJ that fits your specific needs and music taste. Their music portal was easy to use and I was able to list some of my favorite songs that I wanted to hear and also let them know the songs I definitely did NOT want to hear! Our DJ was great about playing oldies/more classic songs at the beginning of the night and then slowly transitioning to more hip-hop/newer songs as the night wore on and younger crowd stuck around. They will definitely read the crowd and keep everyone dancing all night long! Our DJ was also helpful with mic setup and making sure everything was ready for the ceremony, speeches, etc. He even had some wonderful words of encouragement for my maid of honor when she let him know she was nervous to give her speech. Don't hesitate to hire them- they will make sure your wedding is a dance party to remember!

Allison

Married on 07/21/2018

My husband and I worked with Sound by Design for our wedding in July, and we could not have been happier. They were easy to communicate with from the beginning, and clearly laid out the pricing and the process right from the start. Rick served as our main DJ for the night of, and we absolutely loved working with him! He clearly gets to know the couples he works with prior to the event, and really thinks about every aspect of the music to ensure the vibe created the day of is exactly what we were looking for. He really walked through the entire timeline with us to make sure we could stay as stress-free as possible the day of, and helped to make sure things flowed incredibly smooth. The entire crew from Sound by Design, including our secondary DJ and photobooth attendant, was fantastic! We would not have done it any other way!