Back to Southern Way Catering

Claire
Claire deRoos

Married on 05/04/2019

Simply the Best!

After reading reviews, it wasn't hard to believe Southern Way was the best catering company in Columbia. But after working with them and having their food at my reception, I finally get what everyone is raving is about! From planning the menu/layout/reception timeline, to doing the tasting, to walking through with my SW representative, it couldn't have been a smoother process. I was so lucky to work with Kelsey. She answered all my silly questions and was so easy to communicate with, whether by phone or email. She helped me make decisions about not just food but seating, layouts, back-up weather plans, and order of events for the reception, offering advise and expertise in her area that was invaluable. The number of tables/chairs as well as the amount of food they recommended were SPOT ON, and I am so thankful I listened to her advice! She even stepped up and found me the most incredible wedding photographer THE DAY OF MY WEDDING when my original photographer had a medical emergency and couldn't shoot the wedding. I'll forever be indebted to Kelsey and Southern Way for my incredible wedding! I'd recommend them to anyone!

M
Margo Goldberg

Married on 11/13/2018

Fantastic Wedding Reception

Ross Bullard with Southern Way exceeded all my expectations to put on a spectacular wedding reception at our daughter's wedding at the University of South Carolina Alumni Center. Ross was at my beck and call, was patient, thorough, detailed oriented, and open to knew and different ideas. He saw my vision and carried through to the highest of my greatest expectations.... And I am a tough person to please! People are still talking about how great the food was, how beautiful the room looked (which Ross had to flip in less than 45 minutes) and how good the service was. Kudos to Southern Way Catering and to Ross Bullard.

J
Jerry

Married on 04/27/2018

We used Southern Way Catering for my son's rehearsal dinner at the University of South Carolina Alumni Center. The did an amazing job. The location, food, and service was outstanding. Allison and Zane did a wonderful job!

Allyson

Married on 04/15/2018

We used Southern Way Catering at our wedding at Stone River and cannot recommend them enough! Our guests raved about the shrimp and grits and pan inis after the wedding and all of the staff were so friendly and professional. They were a joy to work with!

M
Melissa

Married on 06/11/2016

We worked with Southern Way for our wedding at the Millstone at Adam's Pond. First of all, they were so accommodating from day one. We were planning the wedding for South Carolina while living in Denver, CO, and we booked the venue about 6 months before even seeing it in person. They let my maids of honor come in to do a tour and take video for us so that we could make the decision that this was the venue for us. They were also so great at working with us to schedule our tasting around the holidays when we were in town. We didn't even meet our day of coordinator (Cameron - who was amazing! ) until the day before the wedding, but they were so great at communicating with us that it really helped to alleviate any worries. The customer service really was absolutely incredible! In addition to all of this, the food was amazing! All of the guests were very impressed with the quality of the food and the service at our reception. Southern Way really helped to make everything perfect and stress-free too! Highly recommend!

R
rhonda

Married on 04/30/2016

Aimee Wicker and Amber Watson helped us to be able to have a beautiful wedding reception for our daughter, Lexi. The food was absolutely, wonderful. We still hear our guest talking about how good everything was and how nice the presentation was. Thank you girls and all the staff from Southern Way who helped make it all happen.

User4719307

2+ years ago

This was the most delicious meal we have ever had at a wedding! Southern way got all of our guests meals out and to them smoothly and without any complaints! The staff was friendly and helpful.

T
T

Married on 10/12/2015

We chose Southern Way's Millstone at Adams' Pond for our wedding and reception because its picturesque setting was perfect for our Disney Fairytale theme, but what I'll remember most from our wedding day is the care and attentiveness from the staff. Our venue coordinators showed a personal concern in making sure our wedding ran smoothly, including immediately going to work on contingency plans when a hurricane caused flooding at our site. The staff who handled our reception were wonderful. They seemed just as happy as our guests were to be there. The food was delicious and a hit with everyone. But what most impressed me was our day of coordinator stepping in on our behalf to handle difficulties with another vendor that popped up not two hours before our ceremony! That was above and beyond my expectations and I'm so grateful for the effort and enthusiasm she and everyone else invested in our day. We had a lovely wedding celebration thanks hugely to them.

G
Christine

Married on 10/03/2015

Southern Way came highly recommended and has an excellent reputation in the industry and local community. We have not been disappointed. Very satisfied with the service we are receiving

User6006493

2+ years ago

Amazing! From the very first meeting I had with Southern Way, I knew they were going to make our special day perfect. Not knowing what I wanted going into it, they helped walk me through every little detail from the menu, layout, and linens. They are professional and so much fun to work with. Their menu is so extensive and unbelievable, you cannot go wrong with any choice you make. Having someone from Southern Way at the event all night making sure everything ran smoothly was so helpful and reassuring. They truly made our wedding day spectacular, from the delicious food to detailed planning, personalized attention, and friendly staff. We are so thankful to have had them cater our wedding! I cannot wait to plan another party to have them cater!

User4844947

2+ years ago

They did everything I asked of them and more. They are a full service catering company who also help with on-site directing at the venue to make sure you stay on schedule and all your vendors are there and everything is set up just the way you want it! I couldn't be more pleased.

Anna

Married on 05/09/2015

We had a wonderful experience with Southern Way! The food was delicious. Our guest told us numerous times how good the food and service was. I would recommend Southern Way 100% for your catering services!

J
Joy

Married on 09/20/2014

Southern Way catered our son's rehearsal dinner at the Maritime Museum in Georgetown, SC. We could not have been more pleased! The comment we heard most often was, "y'all know how to throw a party! " Southern Way gets much credit for that. If you have a thousand things to worry about, take catering woes off the list and trust it to these professionals. They've been in business for decades for a good reason.

Married on 08/31/2014

We worked with Southern Way through the Millstone (our wedding venue) and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Kristy Polk is THE BEST! She worked with us to get the menu we wanted just right and within our budget. She was helpful in picking things that went well together, and it all tasted amazing. I joked with her that I learned I actually liked catfish after trying theirs at my wedding reception. Our reception was suppose to flow inside and out, but a little rain changed that. This didn't even cause Kristy or her staff to flinch, she immediately made our reception a fully inside event with plenty of space for everyone, the food, and the bar! The setup was great, and you wont be disappointed in working with Southern Way, especially with Kristy. The food got rave reviews, and all of our other vendors praised how wonderful working with Kristy is/was!

K
Katrina

Married on 08/30/2014

Adam's Pond was the most gorgeous location for my wedding. I can not even guess how many times I have been complimented on the venue by my guests or by friends who were unable to attend but saw pictures. I had an outdoor ceremony with an indoor/outdoor reception. The venue had rooms for both me and my groom and our attendants to use getting ready. The venue provides the catering with their own catering company- Southern Way- and the food was fantastic. Also highly complimented by our guests. They orchestrated our beer, wine, and bourbon bar as well. The tables, chairs, linens, bar, etc were all done by Southern Way. The venue coordinator, Kristy, was a god send. Through the entire planning process she became a good friend and on the day of the wedding she kept everything on track all day. She is a mastermind at fixing any bumps on the day and of making everything roll smoothly. With only a 3 1/2 month engagement, we were very lucky to have our wedding day open due to a cancellation, and Kristy helped me make decisions quickly and painlessly and within my budget to create the most perfect day, I can't imagine having had my wedding at any other venue and having it go anywhere near as well.

User4089475

2+ years ago

Southern Way is an amazing catering company! Probably the best in Columbia! They were always on top of everything and their response time was impeccable! They took the time to help create the perfect menu that suited our needs. During the wedding reception, the food was delicious and the staff was super nice and very helpful! I definitely will continue to recommend Southern Way to anyone who has catering needs! :)

S
Sarah

Married on 08/02/2014

Highly recommend this catering company for their southern charm, professionalism and delicious food. The presentation and taste exceeded my expectations.

User3641321

2+ years ago

Lovedddd southern way and the food was fantastic! Everyone loves the food and complemented days after the wedding.

Married on 05/03/2014

We used Adam's Pond for our venue and Southern Way catering provided the meal. Our entire experience could not have been anymore perfect! Kristy was on point with every detail that was requested no matter how big or small. The staff made us feel like king and queen for the day! Although the food is a little pricey it was 100% worth it! Thank you all for making our day extra special.

User3395378

2+ years ago

Great food, great service! A no-brainer if getting married in South Carolina. They are big enough to make every aspect if your event perfect, yet still keep it personal and give you the attention you need, no matter how many other events they have going on that day/night. Simply the best!

E
Emily

Married on 05/26/2013

We chose Southern Way Catering for our wedding and absolutely could not have made a better choice. Jesse was incredibly helpful and accommodating. He created a completely personalized menu for us, responded quickly to all my emails with last minute changes and questions, helped with set-up on the day of, even organized the rentals of our chairs and lights for the reception space. He went well above and beyond what we could've imagined, making sure our big day was as wonderful and stress-free as possible. He even gave us his personal cell number to contact him with anything we needed on the wedding weekend. The service at the wedding was exceptional as well. My husband and I had a personal server who constantly kept our plates and glasses full with whatever we needed throughout the night. And the food was so good! We loved it and that's been one of the most frequent compliments we've received from wedding guests. Overall, everyone at Southern Way Catering is spectacular and we can't recommend them highly enough! Thank you!

-Emily and Ned

User3305608

2+ years ago

They catered my wedding at their facility and the food was great. We had things like chicken and waffles and hamburgers. It was the best wedding food ever. We couldnt stop eating. Everything looked great as well. I would truly recommend these guys.

Jessica
Jessica

Married on 05/18/2013

Southern Way is great. Everyone there was SO helpful, even coordinating our ceremony and reception the day of. Everyone also told me the food was really good! We loved working with them and would definitely do it again!

L
Leigh

Married on 03/16/2013

This was the most delicious wedding food I have ever had! I have so many guests give amazing compliments to the food at my reception. There was no risk of running out of food, it was fresh, prepared on site, and the selection was incredible. You cannot go wrong working with Jesse and Southern Way Catering.

E
Elizabeth

Married on 02/02/2013

Brittany and the staff at Southern Way were wonderful. In the beginning, they answered so many of our questions and helped us all along the way. They designed an all vegetarian menu for us since the bride(my daughter) and many of her friends are vegetarian or vegan. We got nothing but raves about the food and many guests commented on how friendly all the servers were. They were at the venue all day helping the florist, lighting vendor, DJ, cake person, etc, etc. With anything they needed. They made sure the bride and groom were taken aside and given food and drinks before they made their entrance. Nice touch there, since they certainly didn't get any later. They kept everything on schedule and gave the newlyweds a box with food to take with them. They loaded the rest of the food and the presents in our car for us. I can't say enough about how great this company and their staff are. I recommend them to everyone.