Back to Special Event Beauty

268 Reviews for Special Event Beauty

Olivia
Olivia Whalen

Married on 07/13/2019

Artists that will make you feel comfortable on your wedding day

Special Event Beauty (or Beauty Boston) worked hard to make myself and my bridal party feel absolutely gorgeous! From the initial trial to rehearsal dinner hair/makeup to my wedding day, their communication, promptness, positivity, and TALENT was everything I could have hoped for.

Kim, Amy and Lisa styled myself, 5 bridesmaids, 2 mothers and 2 readers. Our wedding was at Boston Harbor Hotel, and they arrived early so that everything was set-up and ready to go before the first appointment. They actually ran ahead of schedule, leaving ample time for touch-ups before photos. What I appreciated most was how they worked with each person to make sure she felt comfortable. Examples: 1. I was uncertain of my look after my first trial, and Kim suggested I come in for a second trial with my wedding dress. This really helped me visualize how I would look on the wedding day, and they even helped me put on my dress.2. My mother-in-law has medical issues with her hair, and Amy happily spoke with her prior to the wedding day to make sure she understood how best to style her thinning hair.3. They spent extra time on hair/makeup for my MOH to give her a little extra oomf.4. One of my bridesmaids has an ombre, and they adapted her up-do to really make the highlights stand out. Everyone was so pleased with how they looked and, most importantly, our hair/makeup LASTED all night. I even wore my false lashes to brunch the next morning!

In every aspect of the process, Kim and her team went above and beyond. They are a wonderful group of ladies and I can’t wait to use the company for another event!

K
Kayla

Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing Service!

Special Event Beauty was a pleasure to work with! They were responsive to all my inquiries and willing to travel to my venue which made things so much easier! I worked with Lisa and Jackie for hair and makeup. We had so much fun at my trial and I knew I had to have these ladies for my wedding day. On the day, they were so patient and kind and helped keep my nerves at ease. My hair and makeup turned out perfect! I had an outdoor wedding and it was EXTREMELY hot--but my makeup stayed on all night and my lashes were even intact for our farewell brunch! For hair, I was indecisive even the morning of, but Jackie was so patient and walked me through a couple of options until she knew I absolutely loved the style! Thank you ladies for helping make my day so special!

Leah
Leah

Married on 06/22/2019

Simply Glam!

The Special Event Beauty team provided excellent service since my initial outreach and throughout the planning process. Rachel (hair), Tiffany (hair) and Lisa (makeup), created a calm environment in the bridal suite on the day of the wedding and managed to keep our large group on time and dare I say, ahead of schedule! (1 bride, 8 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl and 2 moms). The group of ladies all looked stunning and the Rachel, Tiffany and Lisa enhanced everyone's natural beauty!

In my initial inquiry I mentioned that I have naturally curly hair as do several of my bridesmaids and mother, so it was important we worked with a stylist that new how to work with natural curls. Rachel styled our curls perfectly and they all held in place throughout the evening.

During my trial I was convinced to book their services when they told me that they want everyone to leave the room loving their look and they would be willing to make any changes if anyone was not pleased with any detail. On the day of, everyone was so pleased with their look and the stylists left enough time for touch ups to ensure everyone's styles were in tact for photos and throughout the evening.

I had gone for my trial in advance of attending another wedding and I also appreciated how they changed my hair style, so I did not show up to my friends wedding in my bridal hair style.

I could not recommend Special Event Beauty enough for hair/makeup services. This team knows exactly how to manage a large bridal party and accentuate and highlight natural beauty.

Kelley
Kelley

Married on 06/22/2019

Love these ladies--Special Event Beauty was great!

Hiring Special Event Beauty for my wedding in June was one of the best decisions I made for the wedding. Both Amy and Andi listened to my vision and nailed it! Andi saved my life after I was in a panic the morning of thinking my eye allergies would ruin my makeup. Amy was able to get everyone's unique look right, and I was especially thankful that the more particular people in my wedding party were happy with their hair. My makeup didn't smudge and my hair stayed in place late into the evening when I was dancing like Animal from the Muppets! Amy and Andi were kind, professional, and very well-equipped to handle anything we threw at them.

Leslie
Leslie Kiszka

Married on 02/10/2019

I want an excuse to work with them again!

I did a very last minute hair and makeup trial with Maryanne and Rachel a month before my wedding, and they were so wonderful about it. I’d originally planned to go with another company, but my trial with them was absolutely terrible and I needed to find someone else, fast. I’d been recommended to call Special Event Beauty, and they got me in the very next afternoon on a Sunday for my trial. I know the ladies had to rush around to make it work, and I can’t them them enough for that!

Maryanne and Rachel came to The Groton Inn to do the hair and makeup of myself (the bride), my bridesmaids, my mother and soon to be mother-in-law. They showed up promptly, and even worked quickly with the inn to get a few taller chairs in our room to make their jobs easier. Everyone had a wonderful time with both of them, chatting and sharing a lot of laughs. It was the first time a few of them had ever had their hair and makeup done by someone else, and they put them at ease. Everyone loved the end results (including myself, after a bunch of little changes the day of - which they were both so wonderful about and didn’t make me feel badly for being so indecisive in the moment) and I loved working with them both - I hope that I get to do it again sometime in the future - you know, for someone else’s wedding ;)

Jocelyn Pacheco

Married on 12/29/2018

10/10 would recommend

I had the pleasure working with Beauty Boston/Special Event Beauty for my Wedding last December. During my consultation Jackie and Tiffany took the time to really listen to my vision and made sure I was happy with the final product. The day of my wedding they arrived early to set up. They we’re both professional, flexible and so much fun to work with. Tiffany and Jackie did such a wonderful job on myself and my bridesmaids. I would highly recommend using their services for your big day.

Laura
Laura Brewer

Married on 11/11/2018

SO Amazing!

I don't have enough great things to say about Special Event Beauty. Rachel did my hair and makeup and Lisa helped with my bridesmaids. I feel like Rachel and I are connected for life. We did two trials because I ended up having a portrait session before the wedding. I completely changed my look from the first to second trial and she was totally amenable and so helpful!
These girls worked FAST. I had 12 bridesmaids (you read that right). One of my maids is a hairdresser and did some hair but even with all that, they got us done basically ahead of schedule. Also, they had Tylenol and other little things when some of us needed it.
They were not only amazing at their work and efficient, they were so friendly and sweet. It's so important to be surrounded by people who make you feel comfortable on that day and I'm so glad we had those two girls.
You won't regret hiring them!

JackieD
Jackie

Married on 10/27/2018

Top Notch Makeup

I'm an older bride and had 3 makeup trials that were horrible before someone recommended Special Events Beauty. From the moment I meant Maryann who did my trial I knew I was in capable hands. She was a pleasure to work with and I'm was so thrilled with the way she did my makeup for my wedding day. All of my attendants looked gorgeous and so did my mother-in-law. Maryann was very flexible and listened to how we wanted our makeup done and had no problem changing things around. As an added bonus she has a wonderful personality and had such calming energy, which I needed on my wedding day. Thank you again and I would definitely recommend Special Events Beauty!

Anna Begolli

Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning! Fantastic artists

I can't speak highly enough about Maryanne (makeup) and Amy (hair) from Special Events Beauty! They were absolutely amazing! They took my vision for hair and makeup for my special day and exceeded my expectations! The service was convenient, too. The artists came to my house and to complete mine and my bridesmaids hair and makeup. I would highly recommend Special Events Beauty, especially Maryanne and Amy, for your big day!

Joan

Married on 10/06/2018

Hair for Wedding - Review

Justine from Special Event Beauty came into Boston to do the hair for my wedding! She got to the bridal suite at 7am and did my hair, my 5 bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law's hair. She did an amazing job and finished ahead of schedule. Everyone loved their hair! Justine was also just very nice to talk to!

Alie
Alie Sockol

Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Perfect "Natural Beauty" Look

The women of Special Event Beauty did an above and beyond phenomenal job on the hair and makeup for my wedding. Kim and Amy were the lead artists and made every single woman ranging in age from 25 to 83 look like a radiant version of themselves. It was very important to me that I as the bride looked "naturally beautiful" and Kim and Amy did exactly that. I could not possibly be more happy with how I looked on my wedding day. Aside from being exceptionally talented artists, they also were so fun to be with while we were getting ready and carried themselves with utmost professionalism. I cannot recommend them more highly!

L
Lorraine

Married on 09/29/2018

After searching for a company that does hair and makeup to just simplify, discovered Special Event and put down a small deposit to save the date. Trial went well and everything was easy to schedule and Kerry was very responsive to emails. On the wedding day, Jackie was early, there before 7am and each person had an appointment time. Jackie was wonderful to work with, calm, responsive and really listened to what look you wanted and made adjustments based on your comments as the morning went on and touch ups were done. We stayed on time, and everyone looked perfect when she left. Now fast forward to the end of the night, dancing, tears and hours later. Hair was still up! Nothing fell, even my fine hair was still curled and clipped, and makeup had not run or smudged one bit! This was amazing! My lashes were still perfect! Also my face felt like it was mine, not caked on and the makeup was actually easy to remove at the end of the night. If you are hesitating about doing hair and makeup, just do it. It really is wonderful not to worry about how you will look as the event goes on, not one touch up was needed after Jackie was done. Thank you Special Events, Jackie and Kerry for making this so easy and beautifully done.

C
Clare

Married on 09/22/2018

Consummate Professionals

I loved working with Special Event Beauty. From initial consult to the big day, they were friendly, supportive of my vision, and made me feel like a million bucks. Each of my bridesmaids got exactly what she wanted to feel confident and beautiful, and we even looked great in iphone photos! (See attached - pro shots not yet available. ) Highly, highly recommend this team.

H
Hannah

Married on 09/15/2018

Special Event Beauty was everything I hoped for! The convenience of having my hair done at the location where I was getting ready took so much stress off! The girls were professional but also personable and listened to all mine and my bridesmaids wants and needs. I highly recommend!

Jordan

Married on 09/08/2018

Special event beauty was amazing throughout the whole process! I had trouble finding hair/makeup services in Cape Cod in a (relatively) short time frame (7 months I didn't think was too short! ) They were super flexible with getting a trial scheduled on my time since I am not local. All of the coordination was super easy from first contact through final details. My day-of team, Jacki and Tiffany, were an absolute dream they were knowledgable and as you can see a trend here-flexible. My mother had her hair done, taken down, redone then retouched and they did not blink an eye--thank you! I loved my hair and makeup and it stayed put all night! They were able to do both hair and makeup of all different styles perfectly!

Ashley

Married on 08/24/2018

Where to begin! Kim, Kerry, Jacki and the rest of the team were an absolute pleasure to work with. They are so talented, kind, professional and accommodating! I have a relatively large group (12 people), who can be a bit picky about their hair and makeup (a lot of friends/family members that really don't like wearing a lot of makeup and wanted a natural look). The artists took great care in making sure that every single person was happy with the way that they looked, and captured the natural, bohemian vibe that I was going for PERFECTLY. From the very 1st hair/makeup trial I knew I picked a wonderful company. Kim even insisted I come back for a second makeup trial (when I was more tan in the summer) to ensure that she was getting my look just right. On top of their talent, Jacki in particular responded to emails quicker (usually in less than an hour! ) than any other vendor we worked this, this was extremely reassuring given the stress that comes with planning a wedding. I can't say enough positive things about this talented and kind team. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to any of my friends/family members getting married!

Jill

Married on 08/18/2018

I am so glad I worked with Special Events Beauty - Lisa was incredible! SEB were responsive and helpful over email and the whole process was great. The final product was gorgeous and Lisa and Lily were both professional and fun.

Alana

Married on 08/18/2018

I was so very pleased with the way my hair turned out on my wedding day! Special Events Beauty was so easy to work with and extremely organized from beginning to end. My hair stylist, Kerry, was amazing! She was on time, efficient, and gave my bridesmaids and I the exact hair styles we wanted. I had wanted to change my updo slightly from my hair trial. Kerry made sure that I was 100% satisfied with the new updo before she left. I would highly recommend Special Events Beauty for their wedding or special occasion.

L
Lauren

Married on 08/18/2018

I hired Special Event Beauty for hair services on my wedding day. Jackie was my stylist and she was so awesome to work with! My hair trial came out perfect and I was able to communicate with her a few weeks before the wedding to answer some hair questions that I had. The second stylist was great also, all of my bridesmaids were so happy with their hair. Styles lasted all night even after a misty outdoor ceremony and 4+ hours of dancing!

Jeankristyn
jeankristyn

Great experience

Special event beauty was amazing in providing me a fabulous makeup artist. I planned my wedding within 2 months, so I couldn't find any makeup artists because they were all booked. Special event beauty was very accommodating and quick in their response. Noel did my makeup and hair exactly as I wanted. She did a great job with my bridesmaid and my mom as well. You won't be disappointed.

Julie
Julie

Married on 08/11/2018

Special Event Beauty was absolutely perfect! Jacki and Amy were so fun and relaxing to have with the bridal party as we got ready for the day. I had a trial a few months before and they were great with making sure it was exactly what I was going for - and they got it right after I showed them just a few Pinterest photos. Such a talented pair. And on the day-of, Jacki and Amy were on-time and ready to rock-and-roll (after driving from Boston to Kennebunkport bright and early)! My hair and make-up turned out perfectly and stayed in place all night! And there was a lot of dancing :-) The bridal party also loved how their hair and make-up turned out and held up - everyone looked stunning! It was such a perfect morning with these really sweet and fun ladies - I would recommend them to anyone who wants perfect hair and make-up and a stress-free team to start your big day off on the best note possible! Jacki and Amy are the best! Thank you, Special Event Beauty!

Amanda

Married on 07/21/2018

I could not have been more pleased with the hair and make up team from Special Event Beauty! They were so kind, flexible, and most importantly, talented! There was not a bridesmaid in my party that didn’t take a million selfies because they were so thrilled and confident in their looks! The way our team paired looks with individual style but made them cohesive could not have been better! We are so thankful!

D
Danielle

Married on 07/14/2018

Special Event Beauty was everything we hoped for. Our stylist Noel was amazing! She was professional, fun and knowledgeable from the trial run to the big day. She put us at ease and made us look beautiful. We cannot wait to use SEB for future events. Noel thank you for helping to make our day one we will never forget!

K
Kristin

Married on 06/15/2018

The team of women at Special Event Beauty not only made me and my bridal party look amazing on the day of my wedding but created a fun and calm atmosphere. As a hairstylist myself, I wanted the best of the best to take care of me and my girls the day of my wedding. I was blown away by their talent.
Also, airbrush makeup is the key to looking beautiful from your first look to the end of the night.
Do yourself a favor and hire Special Event Beauty for your wedding!

Chelsea
Chelsea

Married on 06/08/2018

So happy I chose SEB for my wedding this weekend! Rachel did our hair and Lisa did our makeup. My bridal party and I absolutely LOVED the way our hair and makeup came out and it held throughout the entire day/night! Rachel and Lisa were so fun to hang out with while getting ready for the wedding!