Back to Statler City

Featured
Sara

Married on 07/13/2019

The Most Beautiful Venue

There are not enough words to express how much we absolutely loved having our wedding at the Statler! Not only was it absolutely beautiful, but the managers and staff were absolutely wonderful! Tammy, Alex, and Colleen are the best team we could have ever hoped for! They are professional and organized, no detail was missed or overlooked! They are also some of the most pleasant people to work with! I would highly, highly recommend them to anyone considering having their wedding in Buffalo!

E
Elizabeth

Getting married on 09/06/2019

Wedding day!

Everything went so smoothly! The staff and food were amazing!

E
Ellen

Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely amazing!

The staff is excellent - super accommodating, organized, and they make the entire experience so personal!

Aly
Aly

Married on 12/08/2018

Stress Free and Magical

If I could give the Statler a review of higher than 5, I would. The entire staff was amazing from when we contacted about venue info all the way to after the wedding day. We had submitted for some information on their website and I received an email from their sales manager at the time, Dan, that same night. We had then gone and toured the facility and completely fell in LOVE with the decor and vibe of everything. We booked shortly after and were told that we would be working with Jamie for our wedding. Let me just say, Jamie is AWESOME! She was so great with keeping up with communications and was able to answer any questions I had at any point in my planning process. When it got closer to the actual date, she really helped me prioritize everything I needed to prepare for the Statler for the day of. We were below our minimum when we submitted our final counts so Jamie helped us choose an easy add on that would bring us right to it. On the day of the rehearsal dinner, Jamie was there and introduced us to Tammy who helped us coordinate day of events, and Emily who also helped with day of events. Everyone was so genuinely kind and really knew how to work together to make everything seamless. On the wedding day, we arrived at the Statler before the ceremony and got ourselves put together. The staff made sure everything we needed was taken care of and made it so easy for me not to worry. I do not let go of control easily but I had total faith in the Statler. During the ceremony, everyone was on standby and helped us get to where we needed to be in the most organized way possible. Then for the reception, we were guided into the Terrace Room. My MOH had accidentally left her speech in her bag that was now in the bridal suite and Jamie RAN and found it in no time (sorry Jamie!). Everyone was on their toes and there was always someone nearby in case one of us had a question about anything. The food was absolutely INCREDIBLE. We chose to have the chicken piccata, short ribs, and a vegetarian option. They also do have a vegan option if necessary, which we heard was fantastic from some of our guests. The food in general was absolutely delicious and the portions were extremely generous! At the end of the night, everyone made sure all of the facility was cleaned up and made sure we had everything we needed. We had brought a few items of our own for decor and did not have room to bring them all back with us the wedding night. We were able to return on Monday to pick up the remainder of our items. 10/10 would recommend the Statler to anyone looking for a wedding venue. I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience. Everything was PERFECT.

Danielle
Danielle

Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing service & gorgeous venue!

There's not much to say about Statler that hasnt already been said. They are #1 in Buffalo for an amazingly elegant wedding, they focus on making your day PERFECT, which it was, their service was impeccable and the food was incredible. Statler is just the best, our wedding wouldn't have been what it was, if it wasn't for the staff at Statler. We worked with Alex and Colleen and they were both just amazing. Always responsive to my millions of emails and friendly and helpful. The planning process was so easy with them. When we dropped off our stuff the night before i was worried it wouldn't look how i imagined, but the next day i was SO pleasantly surprised that the staff put everything together EXACTLY as i asked, it was just as if id done it myself. Our service the evening of our wedding was excellent, we were always brought food and drinks, they were so attentive, the guests were impressed with the level of the food. It tasted just as if the chef was cooking for a small family, not 240 guests. The pick up process after the wedding was easy i had a few days to come get things. Overall the experience was perfect truly, we are so happy we chose Statler!

M
Michelle Horton

Married on 11/03/2018

Fairytale wedding!

From start to finish, the team at the statler was pure perfection. Colleen helped us to plan the event; her attention to detail and relaxed personality put me at ease through the entire process - she is aware of and has every aspect under control. As for the night of, the staff was amazing. People are still telling me how attentive and prompt the servers were. The courses came out perfectly timed, they were nothing but respectful, and they touched base with me through the night to make sure everything was okay. The flow/timeline of the event went without a hitch as well. The food was absolutely divine. The hand passed food during cocktail hour was so tasty - everyone loved the lamb. All entrees were fantastic - especially the short ribs and salmon. Overall, I couldn’t have asked for a more fantastic reception venue. From start to finish they were a dream. Thanks statler for making my wedding a fairytale!

Kristin

Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day Ever!!!

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Golden Ballroom on 10.20.18. The moment that we had our first appointment with Alexandra, almost a year and a half before our wedding date, I knew that this was the perfect venue for us. From the venue, to the food, to the service, everything was simply perfect. We worked with both Colleen and Jaime throughout the planning up to the day of the wedding and we could not have asked for anyone better to work with. They were thorough, organized, detailed, and last but not least accommodated everything that we asked for. They provided everything that we would need in terms of timelines, menu options, vendor recommendations which really helped us throughout the planning processes.
The bar staff and servers so polite, attentive, and quick to ensure all of our needs and our guests needs were met the entire evening, as well. Now for the food! Our guests could not stop raving about the food. Everything from the antipasto table and hand passed hors d'oeuvres (which were a meal in itself) to the pasta course, salad, and main entree was absolutely amazing... Our guests could not stop raving about it all evening (and some still are!)

Colleen, Jaime, Angelo, and the rest of the staff truly went above and beyond to ensure that our vision came true and our day was perfect. Our guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been too and I truly believe that it would have been that way if we went somewhere else. We cannot thank them enough for everything that they did to make this the best day ever.

C
Courtney

Married on 10/06/2018

Simply put...perfect.

The team at the Statler were excellent. I couldn't be happier about how our wedding went! Our wedding was very large and I had a few "new" requests when planning the receptions. From the start, Colleen and team were helpful and accommodating. The planning was seamless and the team executed to a T. I was able to enjoy myself and rest easy going into the big day and all throughout the night. They knew what I needed before I even knew that I need it. My vision came to life with the Statler. My guests raved about the food and how great the room looked. I am still smiling ear to ear and I don't think I will ever stop when I look back at our wedding day. Exceeded my expectations!

Michele
Michele

Married on 10/05/2018

Stunning venue, exception service!

Statler City made planning our wedding such an enjoyable experience. Our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined. Each detail was absolutely perfect because the team doesn't miss a beat, or a detail. We received such wonderful compliments from our guests - the service was wonderful, the venue was stunning, and the food was incredible. The staff made sure we were taken care of all night. We were checked in on continuously. Every single person we encountered just helped to elevate our experience.

I would recommend Statler City to anyone looking to plan a wedding in the Buffalo area. Our experience was one to remember. The venue, food, and hospitality is truly exceptional.

Natalie
Natalie

Married on 09/22/2018

Highly recommended; best experience!

The Statler Staff did an amazing job from the start of the planning process & throughout the whole day of our event! They are extremely organized and efficient and I didn't feel stressed out at all during our planning process with them! Everyone was extremely professional and accommodating to all our of requests! We could not have been happier with how everything turned out! I would highly recommend The Statler to anyone looking for a classic wedding venue in Buffalo!

Kelly

Married on 09/21/2018

Statler and the staff was AMAZING! I cannot day enough about them. They’re organized and professional. My day went perfectly. My cake fell over in the wind when it was delivered and My wedding coordinator somehow managed to get the exact same cake and everything went off without a hitch. They are the absolute best I didn’t worry about a thing!

B
Btenda

Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely worth every penny! The food and staff were great! If you left hungry it was your own fault you could cut the filet with a fork!

S
Stephanie

Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely AMAZING! I cannot express how amazing our wedding was at the Statler. From the time arrived to the time the night was over we were catered to hand and foot. When the bridal party arrived, we were greeted with champagne chilling in the bridal suite. While relaxing a tray of all the hors-d'oeuvres was delivered to our room. All throughout the night, our captain came over to make sure everything was going great. The wait staff was so attentive and would take orders and get us drinks from the bar during dinner. Every guest I talked to could not stop raving about the service they received. The food was also amazing. Every filet was cooked to perfection and everyone who had the chicken and vegetarian options were (I'm told) were amazing as well. I honestly wish I could give more than 5 stars because they truly did a magical job. At the end of the night, everyone told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and it truly was.

Jenna

Married on 09/01/2018

I had my wedding reception at the Statler on 9/1/2018. It was the best choice I could have ever made. From the beginning, Colleen was so amazing. She is extremely attentive and helps you every step of the way. Our reception was perfect. The room was beautiful, the food was amazing, the service was impeccable. Our guests have been raving about it nonstop. I am so so happy with our choice!

Jennifer

Married on 08/18/2018

Not good, would not recommend

I cannot express enough how incredibly happy we were when choosing the Statler. We had both our ceremony and reception on site and everything about the evening was exactly what we hoped for! We worked with Colleen throughout the whole process and she was there every step of the way whether it was a call, text, or email to answer all of our questions. She really made the whole planning process so easy and fun! We worked with Jamie the night of and she picked right up where Colleen left off to make sure the evening ran smoothly. We are still getting compliments about how beautiful the venue was and about the amazing food! I highly recommend the Statler to anyone!

A
Ariana

Married on 07/28/2018

The Statler made our wedding day even more perfect than I could have ever imagined! They do an outstanding job-everyone involved in the production of our wedding, especially Jamie and Colleen, were fantastic! There was so much attention to detail, so much thought and they executed the day to perfection! It is clear that Jamie, Colleen and all others we encountered at the Statler are true professionals at what they do. The food was amazing and every dollar we spent was completely worth it-we are still getting constant compliments on the food and venue. We had several wedding vendors for our big day and the Statler was by far one of the easiest to work with which gave me a huge peace of mind! The Statler made our wedding day even better than we could have imagined and we're so happy we chose the Statler-you cannot go wrong! Thank you!

Karina

Married on 07/21/2018

Overall experience was 5 Star!

Colleen and Caitlin were beyond amazing, along with the rest of the staff. We were treated so well and everything ran smoothly. I have received so many wonderful comments on our wedding from the staff, to the ambiance, to the food. Everything was beyond perfection and they really have it together. For a bride that is worried, you do not have to stress over a single detail or issue with The Statler. Everyone is so attentive and accommodating, it made wedding planning a breeze. I recommend this venue for any event or wedding, you will not be disappointed. They take care of each of their guests and are extremely precise and professional.

L
Lindsey

Married on 06/30/2018

We could not be more pleased with having The Statler as our wedding venue. We were in the Terrace Room and it is absolutely breathtaking in and of itself. Our wedding was two weeks ago and we are STILL getting messages about how excellent the food was - and we absolutely agree. The meals (filet, chicken wellington and vegetable risotto) were superb and served hot to 140 guests and in a timely and professional manner. Our entire experience working with Colleen from coordinating the date to choosing which wine to serve with dinner was fantastic - she is very easy to talk to and communicate with and had a very quick response time to our questions and/or requests. I would absolutely recommend this venue if it works for your budget - it was worth every penny.

Jordan
Jordan

Married on 06/23/2018

I don’t even know how to start this review. My husband and I got married here this weekend and wow. This place is simply amazing. They cover every aspect of your wedding you can think of. Their hospitality staff (we dealt directly with Jaime who is the best of the best) is top of the line. From months to weeks before the wedding they are in contact with you to ensure that every detail is covered to your liking. On the day of the wedding they made sure everything went according plan. They laid out a very precise timeline of the evening which made the night go smooth. The food was amazing, the bartenders were fast, the environment that the Statler establishes is like none other. If you want a wedding that is stress free and amazing look no further. They will make your night the most amazing one you will ever have. I feel bad for anyone who attended my wedding that has to marry after us. The Statler sets the bar and they set it high. Save yourself the time and trouble and meet with them first. You won’t regret it.

B
Brooke

Married on 06/16/2018

The Statler went above and beyond to make my wedding day a dream come true. Working with Colleen was so easy and fun - she was super responsive and helpful in planning my reception. The Golden Ballroom was the perfect space for our reception of almost 300 guests as it is grand and big and never felt cramped. The day of, Jamie, Angelo and the rest of the staff were incredible and made sure everything ran smoothly. Guests were blown away by the food and some said it was the best meal they've ever had! Our meal choices were filet, chicken Milanese, and vegetable risotto and they were all so good! The antipasto display at cocktail hour was spectacular. I wish I could relive this day it was so great thanks to Statler City.

M
Meghan

Married on 06/09/2018

We had our wedding in the Terrance Room at The Statler in June and it was PERFECT! From our first meeting, until after the reception the entire staff was extremely nice, helpful, accommodating and fun to work with. Jamie was our coordinator and she was very easy to get a hold of throughout our planning process and answered every question promptly. She also offered a lot of advice about things we had not even thought about, which was extremely helpful and made our special day run smoothly without a hitch. Our guests have raved about the food and service! It was everything we had dreamed it would be. We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Statler.
-Meghan & Ryan

S
Sarah

Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Statler City in Buffalo,NY. We could not have asked for a better venue. Everything was amazing. They have the best wedding food and all of our guests were raving about it. Their service and professionalism cannot be topped. We were so well taken care of every step of the way. Everything went smoothly and they made sure of it. We were absolutely thrilled and so glad we had our reception there!

Jackie

Married on 06/02/2018

We recently had our wedding at the Statler at the beginning of June and everything went flawlessly. Everyone we worked with at the Stalter was incredibly helpful and responsive and glad to meet any needs we had. They made the planning process very easy and clear to follow and were responsive to all my questions along the way. The venue is so stunning and really makes a statement to your guests that they are at an elegant event. The reception itself was absolutely perfect the food was incredible - our guests could not stop talking about how delicious their dinners were. It was beyond impressive that they were able to serve the same amazing quality of food to all our 250 guests. We had the manager checking in with us periodically to see if there was anything we needed throughout the night. All in all our reception went off without a hitch and we owe it all to the experienced team at the Statler.

L
Lora

Married on 05/19/2018

From the moment my husband and I walked into the Statler, we felt good about it and knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding. From that initial meeting through the wedding night, we never had a moment of regret with the decision. The Statler is the perfect place for a Buffalo wedding. The venue is beautiful (with little need for added decor), the food is delicious, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. No detail was overlooked by the staff, and they made sure that all of our plans were executed as we wanted. Our guests were all wowed by the reception and had a great time.

Kayla

Married on 05/04/2018

I had my wedding reception at the Statler in the Golden Ballroom on 5.5.2018 and it was absolutely amazing! We worked with Colleen throughout the planning and she was an absolute dream! So helpful with all of our questions and ask very accommodating. She was even able to send me recommendations for hair and makeup people when I was struggling close to the wedding. We worked with Jamie the night of the wedding and she was also so very nice! We have quite a rowdy bunch and everyone just went with the flow which made the night so fun! Although I didn’t get to eat much every guest had nothing but good things to say about it. Every person on the staff was also incredible including waiters and bartenders. I really can’t say enough good things about our experience there. I would say that if you are able to have your wedding at the Statler totally go for it. I have nothing to complain about from the night of the wedding and I think a large part of that is due to the venue and all of the people we worked with there.