Back to Stephen Cheng Photography

31 Reviews for Stephen Cheng Photography

Featured
Christy

Married on 06/18/2017

Stephen was very professional and responsive! We are extremely happy with his service. The photos he took was amazing! I received so many compliments when people saw my photos. Stephen was very easy going and pleasant to work with. He did his best to accommodate our needs and budget. I highly recommend him to everyone!

Stephen Cheng Photography's reply:

Thank you Christy, It was fun to working with you and Sean :)

J
Justine

Married on 11/10/2018

Fall Wedding

Stephen was our wedding photographer for our fall wedding in Beaverton, OR. We couldn't recommend him enough! From our first meeting, he was so personable and knowledgeable. He is very professional as well. The day of, he arrived early to the venue and was ready to rock-n-roll when we arrived. He played a big part in maintaining the overall flow of the day. We had a couple big group family shots, and he was able to handle the large crowds and keep us organized. Stephen also has a very artistic eye. The photos we received turned out great. You'll be able to download your photos from his electronic website, but Stephen will also mail you a copy of all your photos on a USB drive. Stephen also made us a slideshow of highlights from the wedding day that we were able to share with family. He was able to capture so many special moments! We are very happy with his work. You won't go wrong if you hire Stephen to be your photographer for your special day. Thanks Stephen!

M
Melissa

Married on 10/26/2018

Bott Wedding

Stephen was amazing! He was so easy going and really has a good eye. I love my wedding photos! Thank you for everything you did for us on our special day!

Stephen Cheng Photography's reply:

Thank you Melissa, It was my pleasure to catch the beautiful moments for you at your big day!!! It was fun working with you guys :)

Kenny

Married on 08/04/2018

My wife and I are amazed by the work Stephen has done for us. He was very quick to respond to every email or text we sent him. He was interested in helping us throughout the whole process and was very patient. He made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and took his time to get the perfect shot. You will not be disappointed if you hire Stephen. I highly recommend him and his company.

Kay

Married on 05/20/2018

After interviewing with Stephen, we made decision to hire him as our photographer without a second thought. We were very impressed by his previous work, by his sincerity and his quick response.

The fee was very reasonable and the services provided are above and beyond. He knows very well what backgrounds will look good in pictures and gave good suggestions on poses. At the same time, he is also very accommodating and trying to meet my requests. He has an infrared lens which generated stunning pictures on sunny days. My husband loved it!

He went out of his way to record our special day and left us with a very good memories. We made the best choice and it was worth every penny.

R
Rachel

Married on 01/21/2017

We were referred to Stephen by our friends. We saw him working at our friends' wedding and liked him a lot! Stephen was very easy to work with. His work was amazing with reasonable price. He was very professional and respond to our text messages and phone calls in a timely manner. I highly recommend him to everyone!

Stephen Cheng Photography's reply:

Thank you Rachel, it was my pleasure to be part of your wedding!!

N
Nancy

Married on 09/19/2015

Stephen has participated in many of my big events: wedding, maternity photos, and family photos. I hired him for my wedding shoot and loved the pictures so much, so I kept having him back to photo-shoot my other big events. He was very easy to work with. Very professional and responsive. His prices have been very reasonable as well. I love his work and style. I will keep having him back to do my annual family photos.

Stephen Cheng Photography's reply:

I had great time photo shooting with you guys :)

E
Evonne

Married on 10/19/2013

Stephen Cheng is the greatest artist I had ever met. Due to his background of graphic design, he has a sense of great art. At the first meeting, he will find out what style of shooting you want to be and showed you many of examples of the couples he had been shot before.

We have work with both engagement photo and my wedding day. He really great to catch the couple's natural moment, the happiness smile, the laugh and the posture. If you showed the ideas of what you like, he can do beyond the result. After shooting, he gave us on time of the after touch photos, it came up very well and we both very satisfied. One of the pic was the entrance photo at our wedding.

He is very responsible, and very creative person. He will came on time and patient to listen what you wants. At our big day wedding, he captured our the memorable moment, requested and did shot all of wedding's decoration details. He also liked to share your others ideas beside the photo shoot, he advised us the idea for invitation, and wedding gifts and also referred the reliable videographer to us. (we had a bad videographer back off a week before our wedding date)

He works beyond his job and work very hard also the very reasonable price. If you are thinking of a photographer, I strongly recommend you to work with you and go check his website.

S
Sydney

Married on 06/08/2013

Stephen provided photographic coverage of my wedding, along with his lovely assistant, Courtney. The resulting photos are absolutely STUNNING. Stephen and Courtney were very upbeat and tireless in their work on the day of the event; many of our guests commented on how friendly and engaged they were, and they exhibited an endless care and passion for photography.

Stephen has an incredible eye for detail, and knows just what angles to use to capture light and expression beautifully. The online slideshow that he put together for our guests' and family's viewing was curated perfectly -- a great selection of photos detailing the day's highlights, and yet, this collection was only the VERY tip of the iceberg. The hundreds (and hundreds) of proofs that we received shortly thereafter are all top-notch -- I am so, so very glad that we chose Stephen as our wedding photographer! On another note, his pricing is what I consider to be VERY below market for wedding photography, especially given his skill and level of investment in his work. We cannot thank you enough, Stephen! Our photos are absolutely priceless. :)

M
maebeline

Married on 05/25/2013

My fiance and i love Stephen :) He did our engagement photo shoot and it all came out amazing :) He is so flexible because we initially had planned to take photos at this building at DTLA and only to find out at a later time that we needed to pay 1k. Stephen, had suggested a different venue around the area and indeed he produced beautiful pictures :) Stephen and his assistant came in on time on our wedding day. They came in well prepared and dressed properly- very professional! I sent him lots of inspirational pictures & sure enough he did remember those and did it on my wedding! Stephen is very nice. I had no problem contacting him and he responds quickly. We love Stephen because he also loves DETAILS :) He produces amazinng works that all our family & friends adore our pictures! We are so blessed that we had met Stephen and he became our photographer. We will forever remember him through his works! Stephen became so dear to our hearts because he treated us like his buddies too :) thank u & we will miss u!

J
Jennifer

Married on 03/30/2013

My husband and I got married recently and Stephen was our photographer! When it comes to photography, I was extremely picky and had checked out many photographers before my husband I decided to book Stephen! We're so glad we did :) Stephen is very easy to work with. On top of his friendly and professional demeanor, he's also very creative and shoots beautiful pictures. I am very happy with my engagement and wedding day photos. On our wedding day, Stephen arrived a little early than expected and even stayed longer to ensure all the good shots were taken. Our wedding package came with an album, and quite frankly, part of the BIG reason why I chose Stephen was because I was drawn to his background in graphic design - after I saw his sample album, I was confident he'd design something beautiful for me. Needless to say, when he put together the album design for us, my husband and I were both blown away - his design was clean, simple, not overdone nor boring. If I were to describe his album design, I'd say it's sophisticated :) He definitely knows what he is doing and did not produce us with a cookie-cutter type album.

We'd highly recommend Stephen to anyone who's looking for a great photographer! THANK YOU STEPHEN!

Kim

Married on 10/27/2012

We selected Stephen to be our wedding photographer about reviewing his website and blog. His pictures are beautiful and full of vibrant colors and shapes. After meeting with Stephen for the first time, I knew he would be our wedding photographer. He was so nice and considerate and really took the time to understand what we wanted in photography style. On the day of the wedding, Stephen showed up on time and wentstarted shooting. He managed the scheduled well and worked with our wedding coordinator to ensure he got all the right photos. His flexiblity and kindness was unparallel. We can't wait to see the photos and the fabulous album he's going to design for us.

cindy

Married on 08/20/2012

Stephen was amazing. His professionalism and his work is marvelous.
I loved my photos
can't wait to see the album finished.
Cindy Marmolejo

Y
Y

Married on 08/12/2012

We loved working with Stephen! We loved our engagement session at the Aquarium of Pacific and Queen Mary. He was flexible with taking pictures with a 500lb sea lion and had great ideas for pictures. He is totally willing to go the extra step for great pictures. We received our highlights and proofs within a reasonable amount of time even though it was wedding season and he was busy.

Chandy
Chandy

Married on 05/12/2012

Easily the best vendor I hired for my wedding last May... And that's saying a lot considering I scour the web looking at Yelp, WeddingWire, the Knot, etc. For only the best vendors. Stephen's photography is brilliant, and his personality, professionalism, and attention-to-detail is top-notch.

We had Stephen do our engagement photos, wedding, and an album for us. Everything turned out wonderfully. Stephen was very easy to work with, showed up on time for everything, provided direction when needed, listened to and followed our preferences, and always tried hard to make sure we were happy.

We have amazing engagement and wedding photos now, and a beautiful leather bound album in our home. I highly recommend checking out his blog to see his work, and contacting him for a meeting. He was our favorite vendor to work with, and we appreciated everything he did for us.

Kelly

Married on 04/29/2012

I highly recommend Stephen as your wedding photographer. He provided excellent service and beautiful photos to remember. He is such a wonderful photographer with professionalism and personally that are hard to find in others. He never once complained of difficult situations and always kept his smile. As a bride his enthusiasm and positive attitude was such a pleasure to work with! I would work with him again in my feature events!

L
Lina

Married on 12/17/2011

Stephen was wonderful to work with. I am very nervous in front of the camera, but he put me at ease. Our photos turned out AMAZING. I don't know how he does it, but he definitely has a good eye.

His prices are very reasonable. Other photographers we looked at charged almost double what he does for that level of work.

T
Christine

Married on 12/03/2011

Stephen was referred to us by one of our friends. He is simply the best. He is professional, flexible and his pictures are marvelous.

S
Steven

Married on 07/23/2011

Stephen is the bomb! He comes from a design background so he's got a unique eye for photography. He's also very friendly and easy to work with. He's flexible and responsive. We were blown away by the photographs he took at our wedding. They were SO beautiful. Thanks Stephen for everything!

W
William

Married on 05/07/2011

It took us a while to find a photographer who fit our style and budget. We looked through the portfolios of several photographers, mostly recommended by friends and / or our planners, and even met with one or two others. We both immediately liked the style of Stephen's work, and we liked that he gives you all the digital files in usable form (i.e. , at least color corrected and basic retouching), rather than charging you for everything beyond what goes in the album. We liked that he had a la carte options, though we did end up going for the package that included an album.

We immediately liked Stephen when we met him in person; he's professional, friendly, and low key. Day of, Stephen was amazing. He was professional, organized, calm, and relaxed, and helped keep everyone else calm too. He barely took time to eat, and despite the long, grueling day (11-12 hours for him), he stuck around even later to take extra pictures of family and friends, even after we told him to take it easy. He seemed to care more than we did about getting photos of everything, which, stressful though it might have been at the time, was great when we looked through the photos. He took over the top requests (like people asking him to take pictures with their cameras) in stride.

He finished a preview slide-show and got proofs and full digital images to us much more quickly than he had asked us to expect, within a couple of weeks. Everything looks great; our family and friends seem happy with the results.

A
Allysyn

Married on 05/06/2011

Stephen is the best! Our pictures were awesome. Stephen was so flexible and his prices were so reasonable. He was one of the cheapest photographers we found and his work was amazing. I would recommend him to anyone.

P
Cora

Married on 02/04/2011

Stephen is simply the best. I've looked through many wedding photographer's portfolios and Stephen's work just completely blows them out of the water. This is the one day where you want all your pictures to be perfect... And Stephen can deliver that. He captures the most beautiful, intimate, and truly amazing photos. His style is absolutely unique and you will love every single photo he takes. Quality vs. Quantity? With Stephen you get both! Every shot is just perfect and he takes so many to make sure nothing is missed. I LOVE his work and I'm so thankful he was my photographer. He is truly talented and his work is truly art. Not only is his work amazing, Stephen has the best personality. He is very easy-going, very professional, and makes you feel extremely comfortable when trying to capture those beautiful moments. I recommend Stephen Cheng Photography... 100%!

Clarizza

Married on 09/25/2010

Stephen is a great photographer who has his own photo journalistic style and when you see samples of his wedding pictures, you will see that each of his wedding captures a different story because it's the story of the bride and groom and we all know each bride and groom are unique. He is very artistic, understanding, and most importantly, ON TIME. He listens to what you want; my husband and I wanted a group picture with our 180 guests which we knew would be a challenge finding a place at the reception site to take the picture and gathering everyone together to pose for the picture, but in the end, Stephen's execution of the picture came out GREAT! We loved it so much that we used it as our Christmas Card and gave it to our guests and they loved it, too. Overall, with the quality of pictures and service you will get from Stephen, you won't have any regrets hiring him as your photographer for your special occasion.

N
Norma

Married on 09/18/2010

Is there a rating higher than 5? If so that's what I would give this guy. Stephen Cheng is OUTSTANDING. For couples who have not decided on a photographer yet, do give Stephen a call. My husband and I, and our family and friends, can't stop oohing and aahing after seeing the proofs both from our engagement session and wedding. I love how he makes us comfortable and his style unobtrusive, while doing what he does best. And it's true that you'll be amazed how affordable his photography packages are. Stephen, THANK YOU for capturing special moments in this important time of our lives.

F
Jeff

Married on 08/08/2009

In a place like Orange County, it can be pretty difficult to select the right kind of photographer to fit your budget, so I feel truly blessed to have been able to find a wedding photographer as talented as Stephen. From engagement to wedding, he was there with us giving us 110% and if you take a quick look at his website, you can see the kind of elegance and beauty he is able to evoke with his photos. Almost everything in a wedding is ephemeral, so it's so important have the right kind of photographer at your wedding who is able to capture each perfect moment for you to remember. Stephen even provided all of our photos in a beautiful, intricately designed wedding album that friends and family alike can hardly believe was included in our package. Bottom line: give this guy a call. He is talented, extremely professional, and best of all AFFORDABLE! You absolutely will not regret working with him.