Back to Sugarpaste by Stephanie the Baker

Meghann
Meghann landry

Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful and delicious cake

We loved our experience with Stephanie. She was quick to answered my emails and my inquiries. She welcomed us at her studio and we had a great tasting experience. We were confident to buy a wedding cake from her. The cake she made was exactly like the photo we showed her. Really delicious, she had great flavors to choose from. We had a lot of compliment for our cake. Thank you Stephanie. She also has great prices for the quality she serves.

G
Gracie Müller

Married on 05/10/2019

Perfect in every way!

We absolutely loved working with Stephanie on our wedding cake! We chose a tiered cake with 3 different flavors and smooth buttercream frosting. The cake tasted amazing and we got SO many compliments from our guests! The cake also looked flawless and she executed our vision perfectly. From a business perspective, Stephanie is responsive and professional and I always felt like we were in good hands. We met with other bakers but were just blown away by Stephanie and made the best decision in hiring her! Thank you for a beautiful and tasty cake Stephanie!

Cara
Cara

Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing cake!

We knew as soon as we had our tasting with Stephanie that we wanted her to make our wedding cake! Everything tasted amazing, not too sugary like some cakes can be and she was super responsive to any questions we had for her. We did lemon on the first tier, white cake with key lime filling for the middle tier, and vanilla with coconut for the top tier. I wouldn’t change a thing!

B
Bryon

Married on 04/06/2019

The perfect wedding cake!!!

Stephanie was just amazing. She's professional and fun and real. Her cakes are unparalleled. The flavors she offers are incredible a d the cake itself is divine. Even the fondant, which in my opinion is barely edible, was delicious! We had a very specific design and she executed it with perfection. If you are having any event and need a cake, Stephanie at Sugarpaste should be your first and only stop!

Laci

Married on 02/02/2019

Delicious Stunning Cake!!!

Stephanie was willing to do whatever it took to make us happy! We met with her to brainstorm deign ideas and ALL of the flavors were DELICIOUS! Tons of people commented on how amazing our cake was. We even had it for breakfast on Sunday with everyone! Best cakes in town!

Teala
Teala

Married on 01/06/2019

My cakes were stunning

Absolutely stunning cakes. I could not have asked for better quality and the taste was amazing! Highly recommended!

kmckilli
Kelly

Married on 07/23/2018

Amazing!

Stephanie was great to work with and made planning our destination wedding a breeze! She was very responsive to my emails and was available to meet with us while we were in the area a few months prior to the wedding. Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! There were lots of compliments from our guests. We are looking forward to another cake while travelling to the area over our anniversary.

jen
jen

Married on 07/07/2018

I absolutely LOVED working with Stephanie. She was very accommodating. I had a destination wedding. We communicated through emails about what I wanted. I sent her a picture of a cake I seen that I liked and she duplicated it perfectly. We came down to FL and met her for a tasting. The cake choices were supreme. The cake was perfect, everyone loved the cake and She gives you a free anniversary cake to take with you. I can't thank her enough for all the work she did on my cake. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake.

Tarra
Tarra

Married on 06/28/2018

Stephanie the Baker at SugarPaste is one word - AMAZING! She was always quick to respond to any question I had. She gave me the most amazing cake tasting including a sample box of tastings to bring home to my fiance to try! Her entire attitude is fu and lively and ready to make your day out of this world! Now - the cakes. All of the cakes I tasted were fantastic. The fiance and I fell in love with the salted caramel and so did all of our guests! Our simple cutting cake was beautiful and I couldn't stop staring at it across the room. The cake cups were adorable and everyone loved the idea as it was so much cleaner and easier to eat! Overall my cake and cake table and cake cup were a 100% hit :) Working with Stephanie made this part of the wedding SOO much easier! Thank you!

Lisa

Married on 04/06/2018

Stephanie was amazing from the moment I first made contact with her! I felt completely lost & like I was spiraling into in crisis mode, as I had to change gears a month before my daughter's wedding & find a new baker to design the cake - thank goodness, Stephanie was that new baker! Like a miracle, I bumped into a friend who'd just used Stephanie at Sugarpaste for her wedding recently, so I called Stephanie. Immediately, she put my mind at ease & made me feel as though there was no crisis at all! Every concern I'd had as I reviewed other bakers, Stephanie simply made evaporate. The challenges of the bride & groom being an hour away, hectic work schedules & coordinating appointments was no longer an issue, as Stephanie went above & beyond to accommodate all of us - she treated us like family! The calm that came over me after that one phone call was indescribable! Phase two of this process of course, was cake tasting…. And let me tell you…Stephanie absolutely NAILED IT! Best cake we'd ever eaten in our lives! Stephanie was hired on the spot for a 4-tier cake & extra sheet cakes to ensure we'd have enough of all flavors - French Vanilla w/Bavarian Cream & Strawberries, Devil's Food w/Chocolate Cloud Mousse and Devil's Food w/Peanut Butter Mousse. Even as final guest counts came in & were slightly below our initial estimate, Stephanie & our planner tried to convince us to reduce our cake order, but we couldn't - because we desperately wanted to ensure enough cake on wedding day and….. I must admit (shhh), we also wanted some leftovers! I promise you, Stephanie will bake you the best cake you've ever had, she absolutely knows her craft & she is so warm, caring & professional you'll want to fold her into your family! She is simply amazing & was the perfect 'icing' on an absolutely beautiful day! Thank you, Stephanie for all you did for us, not only for your amazing cake, but for all the extra special care you took of our family! You are one of a kind!

Laura

Married on 11/11/2017

We got our wedding cake from Stephanie and it was fantastic! We had the tasting and all the flavors we tried were great. We just did a small cake to cut and she added the flowers from the florist. She also left us a voucher for a free 5" cake for our first anniversary. She was easy to work with and very reasonably priced! Definitely would use her again!

User5158186

2+ years ago

Stephanie and her cake were amazing! We had a great experience with her from start to finish. Her cake flavors are unique and delicious! We highly recommend Stephanie the Baker!

K
Katie

Married on 05/02/2015

Beautiful and delicious! Stephanie's cakes are truly a work of art and not only look fabulous, but taste incredible. We went to several tastings looking for the right bakery for our wedding cake. I can honestly say that no one compared to Stephanie. At our wedding, we had a traditional vanilla cake and a chocolate groom's cake shaped like an XBOX controller (my husband is a video game nut). Stephanie was very easy to work with, executed exactly what we wanted and we received multiple compliments from guests about how delicious and beautiful the cakes were. Stephanie's prices are very reasonable, especially given the quality of what you get. I would definitely recommend hiring Stephanie, she is ABSOLUTELY worth it!

N
Natalie

Married on 04/18/2015

Selecting a wedding cake vendor is a difficult planning tasks. After searching through many vendors, couples often feel like they have to sacrifice taste or the quality of the design/decorating. My husband & I were so pleased to have stumbled upon Stephanie the Baker! Not only is she talented in the design of her cakes, but they taste amazing! We had a difficult time selecting the perfect flavor, and opted to have her red velvet, strawberries & cream, and a chocolate cookies & cream selection for our guests. Guests raved about the taste of the cake, and were also impressed by the size of the layers of the slices! Her filling & frosting are also flavorful & light! Stephanie also did a fantastic job executing the vision for the design… My husband & I wanted something fun to compliment a sports-themed cake topper & something that felt like “us”. Stephanie was able to perfectly design a sparkly, whimsical cake adorned w/hearts on the middle layer. I know this description sounds hideously ugly to most, but the cake actually looked fun, somewhat sophisticated thanks to the sugar flowers that were added, and tied together with other elements of the event décor. Our cake was perfect, and we credit that to Stephanie’s experience w/special event cakes of various styles, sizes, & elements. We also appreciate Stephanie working w/us to provide gluten free cupcakes for guests with that dietary need, and also for making the professional rec to forgo a cake stand. She was right – her beautiful creation didn't need a stand & looked grand simply sitting on the table. Stephanie was very easy to work with, and it was also helpful visiting the bakeshop she owns with her business partners (the boutique bakeshop) to complete our tastings. From a business perspective, the ordering, organization for delivery, and payment process was very easy. We appreciate the awesome overall experience we had working with Stephanie, and look forward to using her for special cakes in the future.

A
Andrea

Married on 11/08/2014

Stephanie was a pleasure to work with and her cake was everything we had hoped for. The design was beautiful and exactly like the picture I showed her. The cake itself was delicious, which was extremely important to me because baking is one of my hobbies. We choose to have two flavors: banana pudding and vanilla-orange cake with chocolate cream mousse. Both tasted great and were raved about by the guests. Stephanie responded to all of my emails promptly, the cake was delivered on time, and best of all, her prices are very reasonable. I am so glad we choose to work with her!

S
Sarah

Married on 11/02/2014

It was so easy to work with Stephanie--which is a big deal for stressed out brides! I was able to send her pictures of designs that I liked and she was great at putting my ideas into action. They delivered it to the venue for me for a small extra fee and that was it! The cakes were amazing and tasted delicious. She's great! Highly recommend her.

J
Joriana

Married on 08/16/2014

I LOVED my wedding cake. It was sooo pretty and it tasted amazing. Stephanie was so great to work with and the cake tasting was one of my favorite experiences that I had throughout the planning process.

I'm a wedding photographer and have tasted a LOT of wedding cakes. I found that usually when a wedding cake looks beautiful, it usually isn't very tasty. It wasn't until I tasted one of Stephanie's cakes at a wedding I was photographing that I realized that that doesn't necessarily have to be true. We opted for four different types of cake for our four tiered cake. Chocolate, Peanut butter, banana pudding and my favorite, red velvet. They all tasted so amazing... We couldn't choose! Stephanie even hand did the sugar roses. I remember seeing my cake on my wedding day and thinking how gorgeous it looked!

Anyways, my point is that Stephanie's cakes are so pretty and so tasty! If you're looking for a fantastic wedding cake, go with her!

User3283335

2+ years ago

We first met Stephanie in December for a taste test. She was totally cool with my parents attending. Her shop was warm and inviting. She caught on quickly our needs for the wedding cupcake.

Our guests were in awe of the cupcakes. I did not have a cake topper and felt bad about that but Stephanie reassured us that she would work with our florist, Marita for a floral arrangement which was quite elegant! There were guests that were impressed by the few "glutten-free" cupcakes.

We plan to use Stephanie's services in the future. Thanks for the discount since this was a referral! Great pricing... Affordable and on time!

User3463897

2+ years ago

Stephanie did an amazing job on our wedding cake. It was exactly what I had in mind and it tasted delicious!

K
Kat

Married on 04/12/2013

Stephanie created a very special cake for us. It was an artistic masterpiece in that, to get the look we wanted, it incorporated a variety of materials (lights, paper, flowers) all of which she arranged cohesively to create a phenomenal result. And in addition to being gorgeous, it was delicious! I even liked the fondant! During the lead up to the event, Stephanie was quick to respond to emails and worked with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. I would definately recommend her.

E
Eric

Married on 09/15/2012

Stephanie was courteous and professional, and did an excellent job with our wedding cake. It looked perfect and tasted delicious. She went above and beyond to create a very unique flavor, not on her usual menu (blue velvet) that was a hit with our guests. We especially love the complimentary "top tier" at our one year anniversary!

R
Rebecca

Married on 07/14/2012

OMG Stephanie was so awesome. I loved her from the moment we walked in for the tasting and once we tasted the cake, I loved her even more. Our cake was not only beautiful and she totally got my vision and made it even better than I could have expected, it was DELICIOUS.

She is so great and flexible and responsive. The cakes are not just amazingly beautiful and well done, they taste fabulous.

Hire her!

I. Colon
Ivy

Married on 05/19/2012

The best wedding cake I've ever tasted! Not only was it absolutely stunning, the cake was delicious and stephanie made sure everything was perfect for us.

Everyone loved the cake and enjoyed eating it too!

Thank you so much for everything and for helping us make our dreams comes true.

C
Candace

Married on 04/14/2012

Stephanie was recommended to us by the Odyssey. We'd tried tastings with other vendors, and as a baker myself, I was not impressed. The day before reaching out to Stephanie I'd decided to bake and decorate the cake myself, but my mom and husband quickly talked me out of it! Because of the short notice, we weren't able to do a tasting with Stephanie. We spoke via email and I told her what I wanted and the day of the wedding, it is exactly what I got. We went with two flavors, french vanilla and red velvet. Both were amazing and all of our guest were pleased! When I arrived to the venue, the cake was already set up, and me having bride-brain at that point forgot to pick up the fresh roses Stephanie needed to top the cake. Instead of allowing me to panic, Stephanie quickly made it ok by using artificial petals that we'd brought in for the aisle. It worked out perfectly. All in all I am really pleased with Stephanie and recommend all NOVA brides to use her for their wedding day!

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 11/12/2011

Wow did I have the best wedding cake ever! My wedding guests have been raving about how beautiful and delicious my cake by Stephanie the Baker was. Stephanie does everything top notch. From the initial tasting meeting I knew we had found our vendor! She was professional and communication was always prompt and clear. She even assisted me in ideas for decorating the cake table and on where/how to rent an extra large cake stand. She arrived on the day of the wedding as promised and set the cake up beautifully. I've already asked her to do the cake for our next big event, our daughter's first birthday and I can't wait! She's the best!