Back to Sylvanside Farm

Haley
Featured
Haley

Married on 04/20/2019

We loved Sylvanside Farm!!

This is a hidden gem! They are still relatively new but I know in less than a year's time that word will get out about how amazing this place is. And when it does, it'll be booked every weekend!

The owners Terri and Jeff go out of their way to make your wedding day perfect. From driving guests on golf carts, to helping you with your little details. We needed rosemary for my cocktail drink and Terri ran out and bought me a rosemary plant, which was so nice!

The venue is gorgeous and all of our guests were blown away. It has two areas for a ceremony, a stone barn for cocktail hour, and a huge reception barn. They also provide games (corn hole, croquet, etc) for cocktail hour. We are so thankful we found Sylvanside Farm and we loved them as our venue. Thank you Terri and Jeff so much!

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Haley! We loved being a part of your special day and enjoyed having all your friends and family. Hurry back to see us again soon.
Cheers,
Terri and Jeff

W
Warren

Getting married on 03/30/2023

We spent a wonderful, relaxing weekend on the farm - a perfect getaway from the city. The renovated, well appointed Hunt Box is the perfect size for a couple. When you wake up in the morning, you overlook green pasture and horses (missing it already!). Our 10 year old lab also loved being out in the country and exploring the spacious property, incuding a few swims in the pond.

Terri and Jeff have done an amazing job with this pre-revolutionary property - no detail overlooked. We look forward to returning and bringing our friends... And even hosting a 50th birthday party, including a tour of the local vineyards.

John
John Sawyers

Getting married on 01/05/2021

A fantastic rustic barn venue!

As a very active DJ | Photo Booth | Lighting company, we get the pleasure of visiting many of the best venues the area has to offer.
If you are looking for Barn | Farm venue in the Northern VA area I strongly suggest that you visit Sylvanside Farm!
The grounds are both spacious and beautiful. There are numerous areas of photographic interest. The barn offers ample room for 200 guests. The hosts | owners are great people!

Ashley
Ashley

Getting married on 09/14/2019

Have you booked your venue yet? Good! Call Sylvanside Farm IMMEDIATELY! Terri and Jeff, the owners, are incredible people. Simply incredible. Once you meet them, you will come to know what every other review here is talking about. I cannot stress enough how important it was to Sean and I to book a venue based on the feeling it gave us and to know that the people involved with our wedding would have the same passion, love, and respect that we have for each other. Terri and Jeff are beautiful people who simply want to share their farm that they are so proud of with others and help every bride and groom have the best day possible. I couldn't have dreamed of a better venue.
The farm is breathtaking. As stated by several, the pictures do not do it justice. You really must see it in person. There are so many options for ceremony locations and both barns are amazing... Not to mention the craftsmanship. The history of the property lingers on the land and I tell my family and friends there is an energy to Sylvanside that is so calming and welcoming that will just come over you when you get there. I am beyond excited to have my wedding here in September of 2019. Every time I visit, there have been new updates made... Jeff is a power house and if he says he is going to do something, he does it and does it ten times better than you even thought it would be! When I have a bad week at work, there is nothing better than heading to the farm for Terri hugs and furry animal therapy!

R
Rachael

Married on 04/27/2019

My fiancé and I cannot wait to get married at Sylvanside Farm. We first visited in March when we were looking for a venue, and even though it snowed on the farm that day, I could tell it would be the perfect venue. We absolutely fell in love with it, and the owners, Jeff and Terri could not be kinder or more accommodating. We visited again just last weekend, and I was completely amazed at the level of progress they have made in just two short months. This venue is definitely ready to host a wedding.

I swooned over the lights they just installed in their massive barn and can't wait to dance the night away there with my guests next year. Every time I visit, I feel swept away to another time in America's past. The trees, flowers, and natural landscape there are so idyllic and spectacular that you would hardly have to waste time (or money! ) thinking about additional wedding décor. If you're still looking for a venue, you should look no further.

L
Lindsay

Married on 04/13/2019

The Freed wedding

Me and my husband had our wedding at Sylvanside and couldn’t have been happier! Jeff and Terri really went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and exactly what we asked for! They are so kind and sweet! I would highly recommend this place if you’re looking for awesome scenery, kind hosts, fun atmosphere and just all around a good time! Thank you Terri and Jeff for making our day perfect!

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Lindsay—thank you so much for the kind words. We were thrilled to be a part of your special day and hope to see you all again soon.
Cheers to you!
Terri and Jeff

Bee's
Bee's Wing Farm

Married on 04/07/2019

Stunning venue with an incredible staff!

Sylvanside Farm is a stunning venue with both expansive and intimate ones to host your wedding guest. As a florist, the historic barns and landscape are a joy to make even more beautiful! Owners, Jeff and Terri are incredibly accommodating and kind. Making guest and vendors alike feel welcomed and received onto their beautiful property. They are quick to anticipate and respond to any needs and think of it all to make set up go smoothly. We love doing weddings at Sylvanside Farm!

T
Tania

Married on 12/28/2018

We just had our small wedding at this gorgeous venue. Sylvanside Farm is an amazing venue filled with historic charm and rustic surroundings. We loved so many things that were available to us from the amazing Clydesdale horse-drawn carriage to my personal favorite, the gorgeous bridal dressing room. Our wedding day was magical and so much fun thanks to Terri and Jeff who made sure our guests were well taken care of.

geneva
geneva

Married on 10/13/2018

Can’t wait to get married here! I live cross country so I’m always texting and emailing with questions. Jeff and Terri are great and always helpful and responsive!

M
Mary Mainland

Married on 10/13/2018

Daughters October wedding

Terry and Jeff have transformed Sylvanside into what is sure to be a very popular venue for weddings in Loudoun County. They were both extremely accommodating in the months leading up to my daughters wedding, taking time to meet and work with our vendors. We rented the entire venue for the weekend. The bridesmaids stayed in the 3-bedroom cottage and the newlyweds stayed in the small cottage. The small barn was the location for the rehearsal dinner. The large barn was stunning and perfectly met my daughters vision of her ideal wedding. My goal was met! Everything ran smoothly and our guests had a wonderful time.

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Mary, it was an honor to host your daughter’s beautiful wedding and we hope to have your family back again soon.
Cheers to you all!
Jeff and Terri

Samantha
Samantha

Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect venue

The moment we started touring we knew this had to be our wedding venue! Looking up their information and pictures won't do it justice, you really need to be there to experience it fully. This beautiful historic venue feels perfect for any occasion. There are multiple houses and barns on the property so it can perfectly accommodate smaller events or larger events. The owners are amazing and treated us like family. They really want to provide the best for you so that you can enjoy a perfect wedding day. This venue includes just about everything you need for a beautiful and stress free event. We loved planning our wedding here and couldn't have had a more perfect wedding day. We highly recommend experiencing the venue for yourself and meeting the wonderful owners.

SamP
Sam

Married on 10/06/2018

Special Place

This is a fantastic venue with incredible owners! My wife and I had our ceremony and reception here on October 6th, 2018 and couldn't be happier with everything we experienced. The owners, Terri and Jeff, are amazing people and worked hard to make our day special. When we first saw the property in Spring of 2018, we were overwhelmed by how beautiful it was. At that time, the main barn was not yet complete but there was no hesitation in signing the contract because of what we saw just walking around the property. We would have been happy with the barn just the way it was when we first toured it but Terri and Jeff have done so much work since then transforming it into the beautiful barn we enjoyed on our wedding day. The perfect venue does exist and for us it was Sylvanside Farm.
Terri and Jeff treated us like family and my wife and I are so thankful we had the opportunity to start our journey together in such a special place. I highly recommend going and seeing the property. The pictures are great but there is no substitute for seeing it in person and meeting Terri and Jeff.

Alex

Married on 09/15/2018

Terri and Jeff saved our wedding! A week before our planned outdoor wedding, the threat of Hurricane Florence forced us to decide to change venues last minute. Our caterer helped us find Sylvanside Farm, and just 5 days before our wedding Terri and Jeff welcomed us and it was absolutely perfect!

The farm, cottages, and barns are all breathtaking and there are beautiful views in every direction. We had our ceremony in the smaller barn and held our reception in the larger barn which worked out perfectly for us and our 115 guests.

Terri, Jeff, Jane and Amy were amazing and so accommodating leading up and the day of. They made sure we had the best day possible for all of our family and friends. Everyone had an amazing time and are still talking about the venue and how beautiful everything was!

S
Shelly

Married on 08/09/2018

Our hosts, Terri and Jeff, were so welcoming and personable. They made sure that we had everything we could possibly need to make our stay comfortable and memorable. The farm itself is beautiful and serene, and we were given the liberty to roam their lovely green acres. We enjoyed learning the history of the 1700's era farm from Jeff and engaging with the horses and farm dogs. This is a beautiful, rustic setting for a wedding or other event, and I am pleased to give Sylvanside Farm my highest recommendation.

Annette

Married on 05/24/2018

I visited Sylvanside Farm recently and was awestruck by the beautiful surroundings. Taking a tour with Terri gave me a sense of the history that makes this property so remarkable. I was drawn to the inevitability that a 200 year old barn will witness countless of couples getting married and create lasting memories. I am looking forward to staying at one of the peaceful cottages in the near future.

Amanda

Married on 02/24/2018

I worked on a styled shoot located at Sylvanside Farm. The property is beautiful, and everyone was so kind and welcoming. There's a gorgeous barn, a pond, and not to mention the various furry friends around to help brighten your day! I highly recommend Sylvanside Farm for your wedding - you won't be disappointed!

B
Bob

Married on 01/31/2018

We cannot say enough good things! My now husband and I found this place through airbnb, and we fell in love with the cottage. Come to find out they host weddings and we were sold on our location for our ceremony. Terri and Jeff were so great, giving us tours, accommodating lots if special touches to our ceremony, and always being available and responsive for questions. Both us and our guests had a fabulous time feeding the horses, walking the property, hanging out in the barn. And our photographer was thrilled that every inch of this place is just waiting for a photograph to be taken! We recommend both the cottage (great for setting up and as a honeymoon suite) and the stone barn! Note that the wood barn is suitable for much larger weddings and renovations will soon be complete (our wedding had 20 people and we were swimming in plenty of space both indoors and out). I actually hesitate to let this secret out, because my husband and I definitely want to visit for anniversaries!

Amelia

Married on 10/08/2017

While there are many options to chose from in Loudoun, there is nothing out there like Sylvanside Farm. The beauty and serenity of the property, the options for ceremony locations, and the genuine warmth and kindness of the owners, Terri and Jeff, make this a must visit. From the moment we first visited, the farm felt magical, and Terri and Jeff are sincere in wanting your experience and your special day to be exactly as you've envisioned. Every time I visit there is a new feature (like subtle twinkle lights woven in under a tree canopy - the perfect place for a first look or romantic dusk photos) that they've dreamed up for a memorable experience. You can't buy that level of accommodation and kindness, and quite honestly, you won't find a better value than Sylvanside. Stop looking and contact them before another bride does - you won't regret it!

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 09/19/2015

Hidden Gem!

Sylvanside Farm is a hidden gem that you will love as soon as you turn into the driveway! There is no way to grasp the feeling of being on the property from the photos. The property has a lovely manor house and a few cottages available, as well as the two absolutely beautiful barns. Terri and her husband are also extremely accommodating and pleasure to work with! As a wedding professional, I would 1000% recommend Sylvanside to my couples!

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Rachel. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon at Sylvanside Farm.

J
Joanna Davis

Married on 05/26/2019

Lovely wedding

Our wedding was truly magical. Even on a 90 degree day, guests couldn't stop talking about how it was the most beautiful venue they'd ever been to. The farm is so spectacular it'll take your breath away, and owners Terri and Jeff have it down to a science: cocktails in a stone barn, games on the lawn, freshening up in various air-conditioned cottages on the property, and dinner and dancing in the gorgeous poplar barn. We worked with wedding planner Amy Thunell who was fantastic throughout the process, and really went above and beyond.

I will say, our relationship with Terri and Jeff started off bumpy (to say the least). They were a new venue, and hadn't quite thought through what it means to host a large, weekend long, event. I'm sure they've worked it all out at this point, but my advice would be to be extremely clear about your wedding vision from the beginning so that there are no surprises, and so they can tell you what Sylvanside will and will not offer.

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

We are so pleased that your day was magical! Thanks so much for choosing Sylvanside Farm, we hope to see you again soon.
Cheers,
Terri

slpwmw
Shauna

Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous venue!

Words can’t describe how beautiful this venue is! It’s like a fairytale.

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Shauna! We were honored to be a part of your special day. Hurry back to see us soon!