Back to Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry

B
Featured
Brittany

Married on 02/10/2018

I can not give enough praise to Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. They were so accommodating with all of my questions and needs. I had a large group of women getting services and they timed our morning out perfectly. They listened to myself and all of my girls needs. They made myself and my whole bridal party look like queens. I went for my trial in October and my wedding was in February. I was nervous that my hair and makeup wouldn't look like my trail, but it turned our exactly how I wanted it. They are an amazing group of women and I would recommend them to anyone! Everyone was so happy with their looks and we received multiple compliments throughout the day. Tamara and her team know exactly what they are doing! :)

Mande Knight

Getting married on 12/04/2020

Perfect Hair and Makeup for the perfect day!

I cannot say enough good things about Tamara and her team. We had a large bridal party and I was worried about not having enough time for all 12 of us to get hair and makeup done before the ceremony while still keeping the quality of the services high. My expectations were completely blown away. I consider myself to be pretty picky when it comes to hair and makeup and this was one of my biggest stresses of the day. Tamara was flexible and allowed me to make suggestions/corrections to things I wanted differently- without batting an eye. I have never felt more beautiful, both my hair and makeup, along with all of my bridesmaids, looked absolutely perfect, and the rest of the day followed.

Marzena
Marzena Maliwanag

Getting married on 10/26/2019

Dream Team!

This review is way overdue, but I just wanted to say that Tamara and Jody exceeded our expectations and were a dream to work with. I was having a wedding in Chicago while living in Los Angeles and from the early stages of planning, Tamara was flexible and worked with me to time my trial around the time I was traveling. All my bridesmaids were super happy with their hair and makeup, not one complaint from 8 different women! I had a very diverse bridal party and they were all super happy! I think that’s super important to mention, because it’s important to pick someone who can work with all different shades of skin and hair textures.
Thank you again so much!

Melissa

Married on 08/10/2019

By far....... ******PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU DON'T READ ANY OTHER ARICLES*** TAMARA AND HER CREW AND SERVICES WERE BY FAR THE BEST! I was the bride and I was married on May 21st 2011. Tamara did makeup for 8 of my bridesmaids/bridal party, and they and MYSELF NEVER looked more beautiful and actually felt beautiful both confidently and physically. She made us all feel amazing, and I LOVE looking at the pictures over and over again! My advice to any chicagoland bride planning a makeup artist..... If you want to look the best you have ever looked in your entire life........ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... TAKE IT FROM ME... A BRIDE...... BOOK TAMARA! TAMARA, YOU OUT DID YOURSELF, AND YOU MADE MY WEDDING DAY ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, AND YOU TOOK THE BREATH AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND WHEN HE SAW ME WALK DOWN THAT AISLE! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AND MY BRIDESMAIDS THANK YOU AS WELL!

Mindy
Mindy

Married on 06/23/2019

Excellent Service!

Hiring a team that could excel in makeup/hair for a large and diverse bridal party was very important to me in the wedding planning process. I had initially booked with another team and was unhappy with how my trial went. I am glad that I trusted Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry (Jolisa, Adriana, and Jody) for my wedding. Myself, 11 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and 1 grandmother all got their makeup done. Jody did the hair for myself, my mother, and 5 bridesmaids.

I had the pleasure of working with Jolisa and Jody for my hair. Adriana was our second makeup artist, given the amount of ladies needing services. During the trial, Jolisa and Jody executed my vision perfectly. The hairstyle during the trial, was not the one I went with for the wedding but this was in no way because of Jody. I did not have enough time between the trial and my wedding to schedule another trial, as an out of state bride. I was nervous about achieving the perfect hairstyle on my wedding day, but Jody did not disappoint and was able to execute beautifully! Jolisa also did an amazing job and was able to recreate the look we did at the trial, with a few adjustments that I requested. It was the most beautiful I've ever felt in my life! Adriana also did a wonderful job with 6 of the bridesmaids and mother of the groom! A few of the ladies had requested minor adjustments/changes with their makeup, to which Jolisa and Adriana were understanding and immediately resolved.
It was also the first time (ever! ) that my mother, mother of the groom, and grandmother were getting their makeup done. They were especially nervous, however both Adriana and Jolisa did a wonderful job and ensured that they felt comfortable with the final result and were willing to make any adjustments in order to do so.

We were a diverse and picky bridal party, and the team handled us with patience, understanding, and kindness! There was also a downpour of rain throughout our wedding day, hair & makeup were able to stick through it!

Sal Guerrero

Married on 06/16/2019

Magnifique!

Experience was amazing and sensational. Services were impeccable and more important, staff was very professional, helpful and just wonderful. I was stressed but well dressed and ready to impress. Thank you Emily G.

Amanda Afre

Married on 06/15/2019

Phenomenal

Emily and Adriana did a phenomenal job! I felt absolutely amazing and like I was truly glowing! My hair couldn’t have been any more perfect and my makeup was flawless! I was so extremely happy to have had Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry!

Avani Patel

Married on 06/08/2019

Indian-American Wedding

I could not have been happier with my wedding hair and makeup! My sister found their contact after looking for makeup and hair artist with experience in Indian weddings. It was so easy to work with Jodie and I didn't have to explain how my Indian outfit and jewelry would affect my hair. She was able to do such a versatile hair style that I was able to quickly change into my western outfit without ruining my hair and it held up all day! My wedding makeup was also amazing. I typically don't wear a lot of makeup and I wanted to still look like myself after getting all "dolled up". After my makeup trial with Christina, we were able to nail down what made me feel more comfortable. Its hard to explain to someone else how you want to feel and look like yourself on your wedding day, especially when they don't know you. Tamara's team was so patient with me and helped bring out the best side of myself while still feeling true to who I am.

Caitlin
Caitlin Anne

Married on 02/09/2019

Look no further!

Tamara Hair and Makeup Artistry is the absolute BEST—there is not much more I can say to sum it all up! I hired Tamara and team for our February 2019 wedding and could not be happier with this decision. From our initial conversation and their responsiveness, to my wedding trial, to our wedding day, I knew I made the perfect decision!

I had 15 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls, in addition to myself, that needed hair/makeup services on the day of our wedding. We had two makeup artists (Tamara and Cristina) and two hair stylists (Jenine and Sabrina) and they completed all the services in a timely fashion and allowed enough time for “touch ups” before the ceremony began. I can’t say enough good things about all 4 artists. They were articulate, efficient, patient, communicative, fun, energetic, and professional—everything you are looking for in someone handling your beauty services on one of the most important days of your life!

I am forever grateful that I chose Tamara and team to be a special part of our wedding day and will continue recommending this team to our family and friends looking for the perfect hair and makeup artists for any event! Thank you ALL for all of your hard work and for making our wedding day a dream come true!

Carissa
Carissa Burdi

Married on 01/03/2019

Tamara Makeup + Hair exceeded my expectations!

Tamara Makeup + Hair exceeded my expectations! From all the prep before, my makeup trial in her beautiful studio and the wedding day! Tamara and Noemi were very friendly, helpful and talented! They were able to not only bring my bridal vision to life but, all of my bridal party looked AMAZING! The day of the wedding, I had 10 people getting their make up done. We were able to get through everyone smoothly and with time to spare for a few touch ups! All of my bridal party and family members were very happy with their makeup service! I would HIGHLY recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry and cannot thank them enough for helping make my wedding day absolutely perfect!

Lindsay
Lindsay

Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing and Stunning!

I could not have been more pleased with the services received by Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I was previously in a wedding that used Tamara and her team for the bridal party, and did not even question hiring them for my day. They not only accommodated an evening trial for me, but even accommodated a trial session for my mom. Come the wedding day, they were prompt, enthusiastic, and went with the flow of unexpected wedding day schedule changes. I could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day, and I cannot rave enough about Jolisa and Jenine's work on not only myself, but also my mom and bridesmaids. We were ALL incredibly happy.

Sara

Married on 10/20/2018

Great Hair/Makeup Vendor!

Wanted to say thank you to Tamara and her team for making me and my bridesmaids feel beautiful on our wedding day. Tamara’s group is very organaized, professional, and just plain good at what they do. I’m glad I was able to book them and work with a team that was so great!

L
Laura

Married on 10/07/2018

Best decision ever!

I could not be happier that I booked Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry for our wedding in October. A coworker of mine recommended them and I am SO happy she did! As every bride, hair and makeup was incredibly important to me for my wedding day. I worried that I wouldn’t look like myself and that I would look too “made up. ” This was not at all the case! I was absolutely blown away by the team at Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry after my trial that I booked them on the spot. I shared my vision with Jolisa and Sabrina during my trial and they went with it and made me feel like a movie star during the process! They are so fun and easy to talk to that I could hardly wait until the wedding day; I knew my bridesmaids would love them too. After leaving my trial, I sent pictures to my mother-in-law who was on the fence about getting her hair and makeup done. After sending her the pictures, she asked me to add her to the list for wedding day hair and makeup! Tamara’s team was there every step of the way to answer any questions and calm all of my bride nerves leading up to the big day! Jolisa and Sabrina were very professional and arrived bright and early on the wedding day and just made the morning so much fun. My bridesmaids (and mom/mother-in-law) still talk about how much they loved their hair and makeup from the wedding; they couldn’t believe that it lasted all day and night (through sweat, a drizzle, and A LOT of dancing)! Jolisa made both moms feel absolutely beautiful; they both got lashes and they were SO happy they did! Jolisa and Sabrina truly made all of my wedding day hair and makeup dreams come true. From application all the way until the last dance of the night, my hair and makeup looked flawless. I felt beautiful and most importantly, I still felt like myself. I will recommend Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry to all of my friends! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sarah
Sarah

Married on 09/30/2018

For the first time ever, I felt like the most beautiful girl in the room!

I knew hair and makeup was going to be one of the most important aspects of making me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day, so it was an incredibly overwhelming task to find the right vendor. As soon as I saw Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry's website, I knew they were the right call. I am Egyptian-American and was instantly impressed by the number of ethnic weddings they had done, but also how professional and gorgeous all of the looks in the gallery were.

Tamara was incredibly responsive, and I was impressed that she asked for photos of my wedding vision and style to ensure they were the right match for me. She took the time to hear all of my wants and concerns and suggested Jody and Nina based on the look I wanted.

The trial was an incredible experience. The studio is adorable, clean, and very professional. Jody and Nina were so welcoming and warm, and I felt like they truly listened to me. I was blown away at Jody's speed and skill. My initial hairstyle idea didn't look like I had envisioned, so Jody immediately rearranged some things and I had a totally different look that I fell absolutely in love with! Nina's makeup skills are insane, and I felt like a movie star when I looked in the mirror!

The day of the wedding went so smoothly. Jody and Nina were right on time, professional and quick, so kind, and every single woman in my wedding party was ECSTATIC with their finished look. Two of my bridesmaids even said they were happier with how they looked at my wedding than they were with their own wedding looks! My hair and makeup lasted the entire 12+ hour day, despite sweating, wind, etc. , and the compliments to all of us were endless. Jody used the hair piece I had purchased in the most gorgeous way, and I can't stop looking at photos. I'm already thinking of an excuse to let them style me again!

Thank you, Jody and Nina, for making me feel like the most beautiful girl in the room for the first time in my life! Trust me, you will only regret NOT choosing Tamara Makeup & Hair for your wedding day because there is no one better.

Jessica
Jessica

Married on 09/29/2018

Darbie & Tiffany!

I booked Tamara Hair & Makeup Artistry after my best friend used them in her wedding! They are the clear choice when it comes to wedding makeup & hair in Chicagoland, hands down. Not only are they extremely talented and knowledgable artists they are great people. They make you feel extremely comfortable and gorgeous on your big day! I loved them so much, I hired them for my rehearsal dinner as well!

I had Darbie & Tiffany as my artists... Darbie is not only talented but she's so sweet and funny, I felt like I've known her for years! Tiffany really listened to what I wanted for my hair. I have extremely curly hair and I wanted it to look as natural as possible for my big day. She nailed it! They both made me feel the like the best version of me!

Leslie
Leslie

Married on 09/02/2018

You will never look this good again

I recall saying several times "remember this face because I will never look this good again in my life. " Tamara's team was beyond professional and they are honestly miracle workers. I chose them because of their reviews and I was able to book the last team available for my day. (shout out to Jenine on hair and Noemi on makeup) When I had my trial I felt like I was playing dress up with 2 of my best friends. They were so kind and genuine and really just wanted to help me achieve the look I wanted with the help of their expertise. When I first saw myself I immediately looked away because I could not believe it was me (in a good way). I made very minor changes and they were very accommodating. The day of, they arrived to my house as scheduled, everything ran so smoothly and we were able to make it out the door at the time we planned. I honestly eidh they could do my hair and makeup every single day.

T
Talia

Married on 08/25/2018

Tamara is truly an artist. My makeup was done so beautifully - I didn't know I could look that good! I can't recommend her and her staff enough. They were all professional and really listened to what I wanted.

Candelaria
Candelaria

Married on 08/18/2018

Simply amazing.

When I was researching makeup artists and hair stylists for my wedding, I had a few things that were very important to me; I needed a team with the ability to take care of 15 girls, I wanted things to run on time, I did not want to wake up at 4:00 in the morning, and I wanted all of us to look absolutely beautiful in photos and in person. I was lucky have known one of the artists on the team (Jenine) for a very long time and after pricing things out and booking some trials with different artists I decided to hire Tamara’s Team (Tamara, Jenine, Jody, & Julia).

The level of service I received before the wedding day was phenomenal. Tamara or Jenine answered all of my questions, and I had a lot, in a timely fashion and really treated me like a friend more than a client. Booking the trial was easy and I really felt that both Jenine, my hairstylist, and Tamara, my makeup artist, really listened to what I wanted and were responsive to my requests. They gave me awesome tips and tricks to prepare my hair and skin for the wedding from that day forward. Tamara also shared links for me to purchase some awesome lashes that really tied my glamourous look together.

Fast forward to the big day, they were AMAZING! The whole morning was a little bit of a blur, but I was totally at ease in part because the amazing team I hired. All the artists arrived on time, and as the girls were passing through from makeup to hair to getting dressed, I was continuously impressed. Even the pickiest girl was a happy client. We were done on time, and when I looked in the mirror I was more than happy with the results; I felt absolutely beautiful and looked exactly like I wanted to look on such a special day.

These girls were amazing all around and would totally recommend them to anyone looking for the best!

J
Jade

Married on 07/07/2018

We LOVED Cristina and Jenine from Tamara Makeup & Hair! I had 12 total women including myself get both hair and makeup services and everyone was SO happy with their looks. Cristina (makeup), Jenine (hair), and their assistants were all so sweet and easy to work with. I would absolutely recommend choosing these ladies if you're looking for hair and makeup services for your wedding!

E
Erin

Married on 06/29/2018

Cristina and Lindsey were absolutely amazing. They were timely, efficient, and made myself, my bridesmaids, and mother look beautiful on the day of my wedding. Both ladies were so easy to work with, offered suggestions, and were able to replicate any hair or makeup picture a bridesmaid gave them. Working with Tamara and the rest of her group was so easy that it made what could be a stressful part of the day such an enjoyable experience. We had a bride, 9 bridesmaids, and a mother of the bride who needed hair and makeup and Cristina and Lindsey managed it with great ease and were so fun to be around while we got ready for my wedding. Everyone's hair and makeup looked beautiful and lasted all day/night, even with 90 degree heat! Highly recommend! Thank you for making us feel beautiful on my wedding day!

B
Brittany

Married on 06/09/2018

Jolisa and Lindsey did an amazing job on makeup and hair for myself and my bridesmaids, they truly deliver on exactly what you want! Highly recommend!

Maraliz

Married on 06/03/2018

Everything about Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry is perfect. They are fast, professional, creative, and caring. I am incredibly pleased with their work and would recommend them to any bride out there. I trusted them, and they did not fail me. Thank you all for making me a confident bride!

Samantha

Married on 05/27/2018

I had an amazing experience working with my makeup and hair artist from Tamara’s makeup ( Jenine and Christina). They made my bridesmaids and I look like goddesses! They did our hair and makeup just as we liked it and it lasted all night long. Everyone at the wedding complimented how amazing we all looked!

- Samantha

Maggie

Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot express how happy I am with my choice of Tamara Hair & Makeup. Sabrina did our hair, and Adriana did our makeup. In total they did 7 women's services (1 bridal, 5 bridesmaids, 1 MOB) and EVERYONE looked incredible. It was 90 degrees in Chicago on Memorial day weekend, and our makeup and hair held up the entire day, even being outside. They were a treat to work with and truly I have never felt more beautiful in my life! Sabrina even installed the bridesmaid's flower crowns for us. Cannot recommend enough!

Alexandra

Married on 05/27/2018

My hair and makeup was absolutely perfect for my wedding day! All my bridesmaids were so happy with their looks too! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Jolisa and Lindsay were amazing to work with and got my desired look right away!