Back to The Cake Boutique

Tiffany
Tiffany

Married on 05/26/2019

AMAZING cake and vendor!

Birdie was such a joy to my husband and I throughout wedding planning. She was so fun to meet with and our cake tasting with her was probably my most favorite experience throughout wedding planning. The cakes and frosting were all so delicious, moist, and light! Birdie is so fun, genuine, and down-to-earth. When you book with Birdie, you don't just get an amazing cake, you get a friend as well. Before we even got married, my then fiancé had contacted Birdie to make a birthday cake for me and it was delicious! We plan to keep her in mind for all our baking needs to come. She also worked with me to come up with a custom cookie proposal for my bridesmaids and the girls loved it! Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful! Birdie is professional and offers a GREAT price for her cakes! Definitely worth it to book with her--she is such a joy to work with!

Richard

Married on 07/07/2017

Birdie provided the grooms and wedding cake. Both were awesome! My grooms cake was a steelers helmet (looked so real) while our wedding cake came out perfect. We're from out of town and birdie was flexible and met with us at our convenience to let us try all the cakes and frosting and design our own cake. It's a small cake company but you're soooo out of luck if you do not choose her. We got so lucky by finding this place.

C
Catherine

Married on 05/28/2017

The Cake Boutique was our best wedding vendor by far! The cake was perfect, actually better than expected! We got more compliments on the cake than anything. Birdie (the owner) was super easy to deal with and extremely flexible. The florist (we used real flowers for the cake) had car trouble and would not be able to get the flowers to the venue on time. Birdie actually waited around until the flowers arrived just so we could get the flowers put on the cake. We were also planning the wedding from out of town so Birdie worked with us so we could do our cake tasting last minute before the wedding. Additionally, I (the bride) found out about a week before the wedding that I could no longer eat gluten. Birdie went to Whole Foods and purchased 4 GF cupcakes just so I could have GF cupcakes on the day of- and didn't even charge us for them. She also put her amazing chocolate mousse frosting on one of them because I told her I was in love with that. I highly recommend The Cake Boutique for any cake. If I am ever back in ABQ or know of anyone there looking for a cake shop, I will tell them to look no further because its not possible to beat the service here!

J
Jessi

Married on 06/11/2016

Birdie from The Cake Boutique is absolutely fabulous! She made exactly what I wanted - it looked exactly the way I wanted - and placed it on the cake table arranged exactly the way I wanted (and I wasn't even there to show her). She's fun, kind, supportive, funny, professional and a dream to work with! You won't go wrong getting your cake from her :D

J
Jean

Married on 05/28/2016

Birdie was fantastic! We made an appointment for cake tasting at Birdie's shop and fully expected to have to pay a fee since some of the other places were charging for tasting. There was no fee and we tasted a variety of cakes, fillings and the icing. Birdie worked within our budget by suggesting we could even have a traditional wedding cake but that not all of the layers had to be "real" cake. We chose a 4 layer wedding cake with only the third layer being actual cake. The day of the wedding it looked beautiful and you would never have known it was not all cake. She also made us 2 sheet cakes. We were able to have 3 different flavors and nobody knew that some of them were sheet cakes. All of the cake was moist and flavorful and the fillings were amazing! The icing was perfect as well. Birdie even put the flower on the cake herself so that they would be perfect. I would use her again in a minute!

Rebecca

Married on 11/14/2015

Monica and Birdie did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding cake! After going to a few different tastings, hands down the Cake Boutique had the most delicious flavors and on top of that, the prices were the best in town! We had lemon poppyseed cake with lemon filling and almond cake with raspberry filling - my mouth is watering as I write this! We had a ton of people come up to us after the wedding asking where the cake was from. I would highly recommend them!

René and Tara

Married on 06/13/2015

The whole planning process was easy and we were able to choose exactly what we wanted! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

User3797141

2+ years ago

I was so excited to see that Birdie was still in business. My family and I had used her previous business for years and for every cake imaginable! When Alena told me about The Cake Boutique I was so excited to see that it was in fact the Birdie that I remembered. She and her partner Monica were fantastic from the initial consultation until the wedding day. And of course the cake was spectacular! It was so beautiful and more amazing than I ever thought!

User4094168

2+ years ago

We absolutely loved every bit of our wedding cake! We sketched our own design and Birdie took it from there. Our cake turned out beautiful! Better than what we ever imagined. Our guests are still raving about it. Birdie was by far the easiest and friendliest vendor to work with during our wedding planning. She was professional, accommodating, and her cakes are simply delicious! I can't wait to order my next cake from her!

V
Victoria

Married on 11/01/2014

I feel like I just gave Birdie some ribbon and flowers and flavors of cake and she read my mind on what I wanted my cake to look like! I loved every part of my cake! Thank you so much.

User4553047

2+ years ago

My cake was beautiful and Birdie incorporated my ideas and decor I made into the cake. She made the cake I wanted for my day and she was so accommodating with the price and making everything come together. This is a wonderful place to get a cake and people are still telling me how beautiful the cake was. I felt very confident working with this vendor and the cake was delicious! They are also very aware and accommodating with allergies which is extremely important.

Rachael

Married on 09/05/2014

Birdie is a miracle maker. Her cakes were absolutely gorgeous and oh so moist. She even made edible flowers for our wedding cake and chocolate covered strawberries on our groomscake. I got so many compliments on our cakes. People are still calling me a week later to tell me how delicious they were.

Katy
Katy

Married on 08/31/2014

It was an absolute pleasure working with Birdie. She was very easy to work with and answered all my questions in a timely fashion. I emailed her a photo of a cake on Pinterest, and it turned out amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Andrea
Andrea

Married on 05/30/2014

Birdie was, without a doubt, one of the best people we worked with for our wedding. She allowed me to have 2 tastings, one with my mother and one with my husband at a later date, so I could make sure he liked the choices I had previously made. She was open to absolutely anything that we wanted to do (including 6 different flavors of cupcakes and gluing on tiny twine bows on to each wrapper) and provided us with her expert opinion whenever we needed it. Most importantly however, our cake and cupcakes, no matter what the flavor, were absolutely fantastic! All of our guests loved everything so much we didn't have anything left! Thank you, Birdie, for making our wedding cake and cupcakes amazing!

User3856500

4.2

It was a beautiful cake, but it was not perfect and it was delivered late. This was the biggest let down of our day.