Back to The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park

Featured
Olivia

Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful Wedding Venue

My wife and I had our wedding here. The staff was wonderful. Maura was wonderful at listening to what we wanted. Everything was in order on the day of the wedding and I didn’t have to worry about anything. We had an open bar and the service was great. Everyone at the wedding kept saying how great the food was. It was the perfect day! #LGBTQfriendly

The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park's reply:

Olivia, Thank you for the glowing review. I had a great time planning and putting together your big day. All the best to you and Ashley!
Maura Wais

Sarah
Sarah

Married on 08/10/2019

We absolutely loved the Carleton!

We just had our wedding reception here on 8/10/19. The catering manager Maura is fantastic at her job. Always answered our emails in a timely response when we had questions. She put our minds at ease. She really doubles as a day of coordinator she’s willing to lend a helping hand decorating, she set up the place cards, led the bridal party in the ballroom when to walk in for introductions, brought our cards back up to our hotel room, her and her staff took care of boxing up all our decorations at the end of the evening. She was always present during the evening which we really appreciated! The venue itself is beautiful it’s not just a ballroom like typical venues. So many places to take great photos. There’s a separate seating area and bar area for guests who don’t want to hear loud music later in the evening to relax and chat in. Another small room called the Colombian we set up a photobooth and had a second bar there(both were huge hits). Our wedding was 3 weeks ago but everyone still is complimenting us how awesome their food was and how much they loved the venue!

The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park's reply:

Oh, I love the pics! You'll have to send me more. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. It's truly appreciated. All the best to you and Tom! - Maura

Meredith
Meredith Fisher

Married on 07/27/2019

Best. Wedding. Reception. Ever!!

We had the best experience at our wedding reception at the Carleton! Maura is a great communicator and she helped our day flow smoothly. The staff was very professional and ensured that our guests had an excellent time. The Carleton provided beautiful linens, tables, and chairs in their updated ballroom. They collaborated well with our other vendors like the Photo Booth operator, DJ, and photographer. One of our favorite parts about having the reception at the Carleton was that our guests just had to travel up the elevator to get to their rooms once the party ended!

P
Philip and Kathleen Farina

Married on 06/08/2019

Mr. and Mrs. P. Farina

We were very pleased with everything connected with our daughter’s wedding reception. In addition to the Carleton being a beautiful and functional venue, the service, dinner and bar were all excellent. We are still hearing compliments from our guests regarding the dinner selections, the steak in particular. We plan to have lunch or dinner at the hotel restaurant soon. We were especially pleased with the highly professional and attentive service provided by Maura Wais before and during the reception. She was always helpful and on top of things. We highly recommend The Carleton Hotel.

The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park's reply:

Phil and Kathleen, I enjoyed working with you both! Kathy you have a knack for decor/planning. It was truly a night to remember. Thank you for your recommendation. Best, Maura Wais

Edward
Edward R Padera

Married on 12/30/2018

Fantastic Wedding Venue

Our weekend was perfect, we had a fantastic wedding and everyone enjoyed themselves.
Thank you for setting everything up so perfectly, you did a fantastic professional job. Thank you for all your hard work.
I will definitely tell everyone they should have their wedding at The Carleton of Oak Park.
It's a fantastic venue it's a beautiful place to have a wedding.

Ed & Allarparn

The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Ed and Allarparn! I love your profile pic! So perfect. All the best, Maura

Megan McMahon

Married on 10/13/2018

Love the Carleton!

The Carleton is a beautiful old building with so much charm. There are so many fantastic options for photos on your special day both inside (the bar, the staircase, the fireplace! ) and outside on the cobblestone under the twinkle lights. We had both our ceremony and reception there and they were able to quickly flip the space while hosting a beautiful and fun happy hour. Maura was super helpful leading up to the wedding. The food was excellent, we've since had a number of compliments about the salmon and the ribeye. Most of our guests stayed the night and all enjoyed the accommodations. It is also nice that Poor Phil's is there on site, we had fun post-reception there and the next morning for brunch they reserved us a small space to all recap the night together. Highly recommend!

The Carleton Hotel of Oak Park's reply:

Thanks Megan! It was a pleasure working with you and David. What an nice couple you are! Cheers. Maura

J
Jane

Married on 08/18/2018

Maura Wais made our daughter's wedding reception so special last Saturday. It was great working with her. She was on time for our meetings. As we had never hosted a wedding reception before we had lots of questions, which she answered graciously. The bride and groom had a very large king's table and she made sure that it fit. She was professional and flexible when we wanted to make changes to our original plans. Kudos to Maura!

R
Rodolfo

Married on 08/17/2017

Candice was amazing. She helped out a lot and was a sweet woman who took her job seriously. Great communication.

J
Jess

Married on 09/24/2016

Long story short: THEY ARE WONDERFUL.

We started the process with Meghan, who was great to work with. Helped us pare down to what we needed and not forcing extras that we did not want. Something I really appreciated. A little less than two months before the wedding, Meghan actually got a new job and her replacement, Candice took over. I was nervous about this at first, but that nervousness was shortlived. Candice picked right up where Meghan left off. She was helpful, friendly, warm and incredibly good with our family, wedding party and guests. The day of the wedding she was incredibly hands on in making sure everything went well and guests constantly commented on how smooth everything went.

Not only was the staff wonderful, but the venue itself has a beautiful charm to it. I liked it immediately when we first viewed it as it required a lot less decoration on my part. It was already a very nice space. They made it so easy for my guests to book rooms there as well and the food was absolutely delicious. I also had many guests tell me it was the best dinner they have ever had at a wedding.

Beautiful venue, amazing food, delicious cocktails, lovely rooms and wonderful staff. Choosing this as our venue made our life a lot easier in the wedding process and we are grateful to them. HIGHLY recommend!

MARGARET

Married on 05/30/2015

The event was flawless - the staff, the service and the food were first class. I highly recommend the Carleton Hotel to anyone looking for an elegant and gracious venue to host their wedding reception.

Maureen

Married on 05/02/2015

I loved The Carleton for our wedding! Meghan Wais was so wonderful to work with and helped us coordinate all the details. I'm also an event planner so I really put Meghan to work with all the details and I wanted and she hit it out of the park! The venue has an old Chicago feel with a lot of character. Our guests loved the different lounge areas near the bar where it felt like hanging out in an old mansion. The ballroom area is the perfect size for 100-200 guests. We had 130 and used up the large dance floor all night long. I looked at everyone's plate and they were all eaten clean and everyone raved about the food, which is not always the case in my family! The hotel rooms are really nice, some with great hot tubs! The location is perfect for out of town guests as they can walk to stores and restaurants or take the EL into the city. The Carleton is affordable, unique, and great to work with. You won't be disappointed!

User2763242

2+ years ago

The Carleton was a lovely and unique location for our reception that our guest enjoyed. I think they especially appreciated the various dining and entertainment options within walking distance as many of them did decide to stay at the Carleton. I am not sure that any of our guests used public transportation, but the Carleton is right off the Metra and Green-Line El and parking was free (something we did not find at other location in Oak Park)!
No complaints about the food, and the setting of the ballroom was pretty and welcoming. Our favorite part of the decor is in the cocktail area: it feels like someone's welcoming but sophisticated library with soft chairs and lots of wood detail.
The best part was working with the coordinator, Annie, she was gracious, flexible and absolutely willing to work within our budget without trying to convince us we wanted more. The fees were straightforward and understandable without hidden extras. The whole staff seemed experienced and well-trained.
The management of the front desk left something to be desired for those staying at the hotel, but I did not want to dock Annie and the events crew for the lack of professionalism on the accommodations side of things.

User2921917

2+ years ago

We had our wedding rehearsal, ceremony and reception at the Carleton of Oak Park and it was the perfect venue all the way around! The entire staff was very helpful and friendly, but their onsite coordinator, Anne Parker, was really what made our experience so wonderful. She really goes above and beyond to help in the wedding preparations and make sure everything goes smoothly the day of. Anne was very friendly and patient in answering all of our questions throughout the wedding planning process, was always prompt in getting back to us, and her organization and attention to detail allowed us to feel confident that everything was taken care of by our wedding day. The hotel itself is also gorgeous – it provides the convenience of having your wedding at a hotel but instead of a characterless ballroom, it has a ton of personality and charm which we didn’t find in any other reception sites. Not to mention that you get to be the only wedding at the hotel rather than having multiple others in nearby spaces. We loved the cocktail area and were able to take beautiful pictures under the lights on the cobblestone streets. The ceremony was set up perfectly and they were able to flip the room for our reception very quickly. You also can’t beat the convenience of having all of your guests stay onsite and we were able to take a 15 minute drive to downtown Chicago to take all of our pictures. The food was delicious, the cost is very reasonable and the hotel suites are perfect for your entire bridal party to get ready. I highly recommend Anne Parker and the Carleton Hotel – it was easily the best decision we made in our wedding planning!

C
Caroline

Married on 07/21/2012

The Carleton Hotel did an amazing job with our wedding reception! I had so many requests and am very picky, but they were consistently kind and very accommodating. Anne Parker is so friendly, available, and easy to work with. The cocktail hour was great, and the food served at our sit-down dinner was delicious. It all turned out perfectly! I am so glad we chose The Carleton for our reception venue!

Marty

Married on 05/19/2012

Not sure where to even begin with how amazing the Carleton of Oak Park is. Not only is the event just breathtaking, but the event staff was great. The real difference maker is Anne Parker, who runs all the wedding events. She was great. She was there every step of the way, and did so much to make sure the night went off seamlessly. Any last minute things we thought of, Anne had already taken care of. All in all, she really made the difference in not just choosing a venue, but choosing the entire experience.

User2601316

2+ years ago

We had our wedding reception at the Carleton Hotel last December. The entrees were a good portion and tasted delicious. The service was excellent. We took beautiful pictures outside on the newly cobblestoned streets; the lights overhanging the streets were a perfect touch. We worked with Anne Parker and everything went so smoothly. She took care of all of the details with ease and professionalism. We did not want a downtown Chicago wedding because of the expense, but we still wanted our guests to have a good time and be taken care of at a nice venue. Parking was easy with the valet. The bar area had such an intimate, cozy feeling, and Anne was able to put some of our framed pictures out in various spots. Our hotel suite was rather large, which accommodated our photographer and videographer very well, as well as my bridesmaids, while getting ready. I think back to that day and am so happy that I chose to have my reception there!

Michelle

Married on 09/24/2011

Everyone, especially Anne Parker, was fantastic at The Carleton! Their attention to detail made our special day that much better.

C
Christine

Married on 06/07/2008

The Carleton was the perfect place for our wedding reception. It is a vintage, independent hotel (not a Hilton or Mariott) built at the beginning of the 20th century. For our reception we got an entire wing of the hotel, including 3 sitting rooms, a private marble and tile bar, private bathrooms and the ballroom. It was all gorgeous. The food was unbelievable as well. We served beef wellington and grilled tuna steak, and our guests loved it.

The best part was the service. Annie took care of anything we needed, including setting up framed pictures of family around the seating area prior to the reception. She took care of every detail and made sure that we were well cared for. Everyone was accomodating and gave us whatever we needed. The dinner and bar service was also exceptional. As a result, everyone at our reception was able to relax and have a wonderful time, especialy my husband and me.

W
wendy

Married on 09/22/2007

Fabulous! They were willing to work with me for all special requests. They made recommendations.
I got SO many compliments on the food, it was wonderful!

K
Kate

Married on 10/25/2014

We used the Columbian Room in the Carleton Hotel for our rehearsal dinner and it was a wonderful space as it also include the parlour room and bar. It was a beautiful setting and the food was well done and quite delicious--many guests commenting on the high quality of the food. My only issue was the lag time in responding to email inquiries.