Back to The Classic Catering People

R
Featured
Ryan

Married on 08/20/2016

We used The Classic Catering People for our wedding and could not have been happier with our choice. From our initial contact with them up until the lights came on at the end of the night of our wedding, Classic was incredible. We worked with Nicole Van Natta and found her to be superlative in every sense. Nicole and Classic went above and beyond our expectations.

From our initial consultation, Nicole helped us tailor a menu with delicious options based on our unique tastes and utilizing fresh, seasonal, specialties. She was patient and helpful as we selected choices to taste, and then provided us with a truly memorable tasting at Classic's facilities in Maryland. We were shocked at how professional and detail oriented the tasting went, and it was probably the highlight of our planning process.

Leading up to the wedding, Nicole stayed with us as we made last minute changes. In doing so, she was always quick to respond and more than accommodating. She even helped us with multiple design choices.

When it finally came to the day of, Nicole was there early to help us set up for the reception while we had our ceremony off site. Throughout the wedding, Nicole and her staff attended to our every need. During the wedding and afterwards, our guests raved about the food and beverage selections. Nicole and Classic were more than just a caterer, they were an integral part of planning and executing our dream wedding. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, I should add that we were incredibly difficult clients. We were slow to respond, hard to get a hold of, and terminally indecisive. Nicole and Classic kept us on track, held our hands, and did it all with the utmost courtesy and professionalism.

We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone considering. Classic is absolutely top-notch.

housetyrrell2020
Jacqueline

Getting married on 05/21/2020

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Jacqueline,

Thanks for the shout out. We wish you and your husband a safe trip and happy celebration! May I ask who you spoke with on my team?

Larry

P
Patrick Tarectecan

Married on 08/31/2019

Food and Service as Decadent as Our Wedding Venue

Bottomline upfront: The Classic Catering People were absolutely amazing. Not only did the food taste like we were dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant, but the staff was quick to refill waters, bus tables, and none of the guests had to wait long for their food.

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the historic George Peabody Library and were required to use one of three approved caterers. In our mind, there was only one choice to go with and that was The Class Catering People. We worked with Lynn Piette and from the get-go, her professionalism and hilarious personality put my parents, husband, and I at ease. She was even able to connect with my stepson who is a fellow Star Wars fan. My mom's biggest concern with the wedding was the food and making sure everyone was well feed. We are Filipino so it is a cardinal sin to have guests leave hungry! At our initial meeting, Lynn brought us a sampling of some of their food (per my mom's request) and asked us some questions that would eventually inform the food proposal. Lynn expertly came up with a menu that satisfied our Asian/Maryland/Surf and Turf theme for the food. We also worked with Classic for our Wedding cake and she helped us create a three-layered cake that satisfied my mom's, my husband's mom, and our favorite cake flavors where each tier had a different flavor: marble with mango cream, marble and chocolate, and carrot cake.

Throughout the development of our wedding reception, Lynn was there at meetings for the linens, the final meeting/walkthru with the Peabody, and communicative with us as we had questions or changes to the menu and guest list. At the wedding, everyone raved about delicious filet mignon and shrimp with crab imperial and even those who got the vegetarian meal were amazed at how delicious and filling the food was. Lynn also made sure that we were well taken care of while taking pictures outside in the August heat. She sent a server with ice cold glasses of water for us and our photographer and videographer. Before our big entrance at dinner, Lynn provided us a plate of all of the appetizers and helped us steal away a few moments to ourselves to enjoy the food and recharge for the rest of the night. Talk about full service! We had nothing to worry about except for remembering our dance moves for our first dance.

I cannot say enough good things about how happy we were to work with Lynn for our big day. Classics not only provided the most amazing meals for our wedding, they really went above and beyond to make our day absolutely magical!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Married on 06/23/2019

A food experience you wont want to miss - hire classic!

When beginning to plan our wedding, I told my now husband the one requirement I had was that we use Classic Catering (a company my family has used my whole life) and boy did they not let us down!

We wanted a unique food experience for our wedding, not a buffet but not seated, and when working with David from Classic he immediately got that vision and saw it through with us. Everything we asked for David and Classic provided without hesitation and they went out of their way to call people in attendance with allergies and make sure that everyone was able to have a meal at our wedding. A month and a half later now and people are still talking about how amazing the food was.

During cocktail hour we were taking some time alone to process after a beautiful ceremony and Classic made sure to send someone in with all of the various food from cocktail hour so that we could eat. They went the extra mile to give us a personal server who was the sweetest woman! David even made sure to put special food at our table that I had requested.

The Classic Catering People are truly a company that we can’t recommend enough!

P.S. If you choose to work with Classic (which you should) make sure to ask about their candied bacon!

Brooke
Brooke Reynolds

Married on 06/09/2019

Best in Baltimore

We used Classic Catering for our wedding in June 2019 at the George Peabody Library. As restaurant owners, we have high expectations when it comes to food and service. Classic Catering delivered in all aspects. The food was excellent and service was top notch. Lynn Piette was our coordinator, and she is great! She was very responsive to emails and made this process very easy for us. On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything. We are very pleased with our experience with Classic Catering. Our guest are still talking about the food.. Especially the lobster rolls!

K
Keelah

Married on 06/01/2019

10/10 Amazing

I worked with Nicole at Classic Catering for my wedding at the National Aquarium. I have nothing but fantastic things to say about the experience from start to finish. Nicole was a joy to work with and I couldn't believe how seamless everything was for the actual event. Also really appreciated how willing they were to incorporate random requests and go above and beyond to make it really personalized.

Angela

Married on 03/22/2019

The Best in the Business

The venue we chose for our wedding had a list of three preferred caterers and I reached out the Classic Catering team after reading their amazing reviews online. We were not disappointed. Not only was the food amazing and raved about by all of our guests, but our coordinator (Lynn) was such a joy to work with. She really took the time to help us create a magical day. She was extremely responsive to emails and calls and went above and beyond to assure that the day went without a hitch.

On a personal note, Lynn was extremely thoughtful and kind during a time of difficulty in my family. An unexpected medical issue began during our wedding planning but she was very understanding and went so far as to send me a handwritten card wishing us the best and letting me know that she was thinking of my family. This speaks volumes to the quality of the people that this company puts forward.

In summary, if you are looking for a caterer in the Baltimore area, Classic Catering are your people.

B
Brandon Kopcienski

Married on 03/16/2019

High Quality Superb Service

We were married at the National Aquarium and although we were limited to choose between two vendors we could not have been happier with The Classic Catering People. Being from NY, food is a very important aspect of a wedding. The Classic Catering People absolutely surpassed our expectations and those of our very opinionated guests. From helping to choose the perfect menu to organizing the reception space, Nicole Van Natta and her crew were superb. We were even able to have food delivered to our hotel prior to the wedding for our bridal party to snack on while we got ready. If you have the opportunity to host an event in the Baltimore area, definitely give The Classic Catering People a call!

Brandon and Toni,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I’ll becsure to pass on your comments to Nicole and our team.

Wishing you much happiness and success,

Larry Frank
Partner
The Classic Catering People

Jessica
Jessica Ortenzio

Married on 03/02/2019

Extraordinary experience

Nicole and Larry took such great care of us! The level of service, attention to detail, extra effort, and professionalism was excellent. We are truly grateful.

Jess,

It was absolutely our pleasure to cater for you and David. The vision you had and the production of Kate Taylor made our job fun.

All the best,

Britney
Britney

Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing food, highly professional!

Classic Catering People was phenomenal. Lynn is the best! The food was amazing and so tasty. They allowed us to personalize the drinks at the wedding and we even requested dishes that weren't on the menu and they did it for us! They were professional and very detail oriented. I loved working with them!

KievR
Kiev

Married on 02/02/2019

Such a joy to work with!

Our venue, The George Peabody Library, had a list of 3 approved caterers to choose from, so after booking our reception, I reached out to all of them for a quote.

I was immediately connected with David Atkins, Catering Manager, who responded to my request almost immediately and was able to get me answer all my questions, get a feel for what I was looking for, and provide me with a quote and sample email (and all before I was even received an acknowledgement back from any of the other catering companies!). So I booked The Classic Catering people right then and there and it was the best decision!

First off, I love me some David, and if you are lucky enough to have his assigned to your event, you will love you some David too (and if you don't, I can assure you that it's you and not David)! David served as my wedding guru during this entire process; he's seen a thing or two in the wedding world is very happy to share all of that knowledge. "Should I have chargers at the place settings? What side dishes go best with that entree? Can a vegan dish REALLY taste good? " David was there to answer all of my questions and he always followed up with me in a timely manner. His presence was invaluable.

What I absolutely loved about The Classic Catering People, in addition to them making me feel like family, is that I didn't feel nickel and dimed during the planning process. Prices never changed throughout the process, even when I'd ask to add an extra this or include an extra that. And they worked HARD for me to customize my menu and ensure that my needs were met. For example, I didn't want a standard wedding cake and instead requested a dupe of the Red Velvet Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, and they got it done! I encountered the same kind of accommodation when I tweaked the hor d'oeuvres list and bar menu.

On the day of our event, the staff was exceptional and professional! None of my guests wanted for anything. Guests raved to me about how good the food was and we even had one guest approach us during dinner service (and who just had their own wedding 6 months prior) to declare that this was the BEST wedding food they've ever had in life!

I would love to throw another big party just to be able to hire The Classic Catering people again. Worth every penny!

Alison Schurick

Married on 01/26/2019

Excellent!

Nicole & CCP were excellent from beginning to end/execution. Everything was exactly how we had imagined and our guests can’t stop raving about the food. Highly highly recommend!

Heather
Heather

Married on 01/26/2019

Delicious food and even better staff!

We were amazed by how good the food was. The staff was even better. Working with Lynn on planning everything was a breeze. She is dedicated. (She had hip replacement surgery in the middle of planning and I didn't even know until after it was done becuase she was never unavailable). She is a joy to communicate with. The wait staff were amazing as well. The moment we came into cocktail hour, one of the staff introduced herself and made sure we had appetizers and drinks at all times while we were visiting with our guests and taking a few pictures with them. The food was so good that I made sure to make the time to gobble up those appetizers she brought us. I had heard so many brides say they ended up not having time to eat because of everything going on. I probably would not have had time to get the appetizers (or desserts later) if she had not taken the effort to make us a plate and give us that opportunity to eat. When it was time for dinner, every course was superb. I highly recommend Classing Catering People. Not only do they know how to make great food, but their logistical know-how is top of the line. (They did a complete reset of our venue in-between ceremony and reception while also helping us enjoy our cocktail hour at the same time.)

T
Timothy Kapinos

Married on 12/06/2018

A Most Spectacular Event!!

We had our daughter's wedding at the Peabody in October. We contacted Classic Catering in Baltimore. From the very start Lynn Piette helped us. From the choosing of the tablecloths to the selection of the myriad of food choices, she was amazing. A true professional. The hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour were absolutely delicious. They never stopped serving them which was so important to us. Everybody raved about the food. Not only how delicious everything was but also the presentation. The desserts were delectable! Everything ran smoothly without a hitch. We were so impressed with the organization and overall service we received by all the employees. Spectacular! Thank you Peabody and Classic Catering!
Joanie & Tim Kapinos

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 10/26/2018

Exceptional Service with Personal Touches

I cannot sing the praises of Lynn and her team enough! From the beginning stages of planning, Lynn was very responsive via email and phone, walking me through the process, answering any questions we had, and providing suggestions at my request for catering decisions (like food and linens) and also for other vendors in the area that had worked well with her and my venue. The catering staff at the wedding were exceptionally professional, and totally saved the day by bringing me snacks when I forgot to eat prior to the ceremony due to nerves! Even after the wedding, Lynn has been helpful and responsive. She truly cares about her clients, and that shows in the personal touches that she added along the way to enhance our experience.

Austin
Austin

Married on 09/21/2018

The Catering People that Have Your Back

The Classic Catering People were phenomenal and went above and beyond to make our day special!

I'll start off this review with the tasting; we have an allergy and they were very sensitive to it. They served us the entire meal: bread, appetizers, main course, and cake. It was some phenomenal food and service, and it really helped us determine what would be on the final meal and be sure that we liked what we were going to get!

At the event, their bar service was great, and they made some killer custom cocktails that we had requested. They cook all their food on-site, so everything was super fresh and well prepared. We opted to go with a different bakery for the cake (even though their wedding cake was really good), and Classic Catering was willing to cut and serve our cake for us, even though we had four separate flavors.

Finally, Classic Catering, and especially Kelly and Lynn, were super helpful with coordinating and taking care of our chair and linen rental, allowing us to not have to worry about the final details in the days leading up to our event. When our florist (and day of coordinator) suddenly bailed, Kelly and Lynn were going above and beyond to help build an archway of flowers, set out the table decorations, favors, and numbers, and all-around filled in to help make the event go smoothly. The event would not have been the same without Classic Catering, and their professionalism and courtesy should be well lauded!

O
Olivia

Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot say enough about Classic Catering People and Lynn Piette. Lynn was our account executive and she was amazing. From day one she was responsive to emails, open to our vision for our wedding, and ready to have a different menu for our wedding with a taco and slider bar. Lynn made sure I was a stress-free bride and was one of my saving graces throughout the wedding process. She was able to fit our tasting in on a holiday weekend as it fit my schedule best and made sure we were happy with the choices we made over the phone and email once we saw it in person. She understood our vision and executed it perfectly. The staff at C.C.P was phenomenal, especially Angie. Angie was at our tasting and made us feel welcome and taken care of. I was so happy that she worked our wedding and her presence was not missed on our guests. She made me feel at ease while getting ready and provided our guests with exceptional service. Lynn was beyond amazing on our wedding day. She was vital in making my vision and center pieces come to life in a very short period of time with the help of the rest of the catering staff. The staff was great - quick to refill food, check on guests, and keep the bar running. The chef(s) at C.C.P is a master at their job. We wanted something different and they were great at making that happen without sacrificing flavor and quality. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and all of the items they tried. My favorite part of the catering was our wedding cake. They took our wish and made it happen while incorporating our colors into the cake's design. I think the desserts were the favorite part of everyone's meal and we had many people say they had almost one of everything because it looked so good. I highly recommend C.C.P and their amazing team of people. I can't thank Lynn enough for all she did for us in making sure our day was fantastic.

T
Tom

Married on 07/21/2018

The Classic Catering People (CCP) and Lynn Piette, our point of contact, were absolutely incredible. Our wedding was at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore and we were given three options for caterers. Among all options, CCP was the most responsive, courteous, attentive, and professional. From the very start, Lynn demonstrated her expertise in guiding us through every step. Lynn is far more than a representative of CCP. She helped us with every part of our wedding and made sure everything was executed perfectly. We felt safe and secure knowing that Lynn was there for us. The quality of the food they made for our wedding day was above and beyond anything we've experienced. We have had experiences where we've been to weddings where the food was meager and unsatisfying but CCP does not play with it comes to food. All the dishes we chose were carefully created. One of our hors d'oeuvres was a Peking Duck pancake. My wife is Chinese and was in shock at how well they recreated an authentic taste. The service provided by everyone at CCP was incredible. My wife and I were treated like royalty the entire night. When we weren't able to join the cocktail hour, a member of CCP prepared hors d'oeuvres and drinks for us and made sure we could enjoy everything. Catering is a major portion of the total cost of a wedding but when choosing Classic Catering, it is money well spent!

Thank you so much to Lynn and everyone else at the Classic Catering People. You gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Xinyi and Tom,

Good afternoon and thank you so much for the nice shout out to Lynn and her team. I've often said the most important word in our company name is the word people. The Classic Catering People is indeed made up of a group of remarkable hospitality professionals and I' so grateful that you mentioned that.

I'm sure our Chef would be glad to share the recipe for the Peking Duck, I just warn you, the time it takes to prepare 100 or more may be a little overwhelming.

My best to the two of you and thanks again for allowing us to cater for you,

Larry Frank
Partner
The Classic Catering People

D
David

Married on 06/23/2018

We worked with Bobby Pressman and Larry Frank at Classic Catering to plan our wedding at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore. We were planning things from long distance and on a very tight budget, so we were likely difficult to work with. Nonetheless, Bobby and Larry did a fantastic job! Chef John provided amazing food--the taste and the presentation were both incredible. Our guests loved the food. We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without them and I recommend Classic, not just for the food, but for the whole experience. Do yourself a favor and give Bobby and Larry a call!

C
C

Married on 06/02/2018

The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Lynn and all her staff were lovely to work with, very professional and attentive to all our guests for our daughter's wedding.

Arif

Married on 04/27/2018

Best decision ever! We held our wedding at Peabody Library in Baltimore and going with Classic was a delight from start to finish. At our first visit, they fed us lunch and gave us chocolate strawberries as a token of appreciation. Lynn was so accommodating to our countless requests, including dietary restrictions. They even were able to find halal duck! Our guests are still talking about their mouth watering braised beef short rib as well as their decadent crab cakes. The crab cakes were more full of crab then any other crab cake I've eaten, and guests received two of them! We went with the following appetizers - Nashville chicken hot slider, veggie samosa, Peking duck pancake, Mediterranean shrimp cocktail, empanadas, and Mahi Mahi fish taco. Everything was delicious! Don't get us started on the deserts. The assortment buffet of desserts was totally worth it. Still thinking about the peanut butter s’mores and the various cheesecake bites. Some wedding cakes can be dry and boring, but we received several compliments on how that was the best wedding cake guests have had (we went with raspberry filling, butter cream frosting, marble cake). My wife and I come from multi-cultural foodie families and Lynn made sure that everything was just perfect to our taste buds and palates. She did a fantastic job working with our day-of-coordinator and making sure everything was set on time on our big day. The servers all had a smile on their face and were happy to be there, which to me is always important. The linens worked perfectly with our florist's decor. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and if you need a caterer for your wedding or any party, DO NOT HESITATE TO GO WITH CLASSIC!

D
Dana

Married on 02/16/2018

When booking the Peabody Library for our wedding, we knew that the venue limited our choice of caterer to one of three pre-approved companies, which made sense given that the on-site caterer has to literally cook in the librarian's office. We met with the two Maryland-based approved caterers and were blown away by CCP's (specifically Lynn, who handles all Peabody events) enthusiasm, responsiveness and interest in working to match our vision.

I feel like we've probably sent Lynn hundreds (? ) of emails over the past several months, but EVERY SINGLE ONE was replied to in a timely fashion and in the most accommodating and professional manner. Lynn worked with us to tweak our entree selection until it was just right, helped coordinate some special beverage options and worked so well with the rest of our vendor/coordinator team.

Plus, the insight that Lynn had in working at the Peabody for so many years proved to be invaluable - everything from layout of the space to rules, do's/don'ts and lighting & decor suggestions. Beyond the catering specifics, Lynn was also just such a calming presence and we really had the utmost confidence in her team.

Many of our guests remarked how great the food was, and in particular, how wonderful the service team was. The servers and bartenders were friendly and accommodating; they even (unbeknownst to us) marked guests who had dietary restrictions that required special meals with a flower at their place setting. I thought this was such a special touch - way more beautiful & personal that having a generic place card.

Gail, an owner/partner of CCP, also worked our event to help ensure that everything ran as smooth as possible. We didn't know she would be at our wedding (and it would not be reasonable to expect that she work all CCP events), but it did mean a lot to know that she valued being there.

We don't plan on getting married again, but I do look forward to future opportunities to work with Lynn and the CCP team again.

Dana,

What a beautiful shout out to Lynn and our People of The Classic Catering People. I’m so proud to work with each and everyone of them. Congrats to you and wishing you all the best.

B
Barbara

Married on 10/07/2017

This is the best caterer in the MD, maybe everywhere! Nicole Van Natta was amazing, knowledgable and professional. The food was fabulous, the service perfection and the entire event was wonderful. Thanks Nicole and all of the staff for making our daughter's wedding so memorable

Annie

Married on 09/30/2017

We used Classic Catering for our wedding at the Peabody and they were amazing! Everyone raved about how good the food was and Lynn was great to work with. She picked up on every detail I wanted and mentioned during the tasting and helped us pick unique touches while still being price conscious. They were also super accommodating with any special food or beverages we wanted to add to their standard packages. Lynn also recommended our day of coordinator who was amazing and a few other vendors to us. Classic also did our wedding cake which was beautiful and delicious, it was nice to have it all-inclusive! I would definitely recommend Classic Catering if you're looking for a sophisticated and well respected caterer in the area!

K
Katlin

Married on 06/03/2017

We just used Classic for our wedding at Peabody Library- they were amazing! All of our guests have raved about the food - from the grilled cheese and tomato soup apps to the steak being perfectly cooked. Lynn was so helpful through the entire process, and went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out as planned!