Back to The Gates On Main St.

The Gates On Main St. Reviews

| Houston, TX See photos, pricing and details

34 Reviews for The Gates On Main St.

N
Featured
Naomi Crow

Married on 06/08/2019

My wedding day was perfect!

My husband and I were married here on 6/8/19! Lettie was so professional and such a joy to work with. She made sure my day went smoothly and perfectly. We had some unexpected changes a couple days before and she adapted quickly and made it happen. My wedding day was perfect from the moment we got to the bridal suite for hair and makeup all the way to our sparkler exit. All our guests commented on how beautiful our wedding was, so that meant a lot. I realized the next day that I had left my bouquet there with a very special charm on it. I called her in a panic and she assured me that she had found it and put it in the refrigerator for safe keeping. I was so happy I cried. This is just one more testament of her character, professionalism and caring demeanor. I would do it all over again if I could. I highly recommend Lettie and her venue for any of your events!

Sincerely,
Naomi Crow

Christopher
Christopher Kimball

Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful Venue!

We got married here on 7/20/19. This venue is GREAT! The owner (Lettie) is super patient and nice. When we originally found this venue on wedding wire, I was happy to see that there was even a venue in my hometown. After looking up pictures and asking for prices, I was impressed with the value. The prices are lower than the crazy big venues you'll find in Houston, but not cheap. There are several options so we picked the best one for our budget (kinda somewhere on the lower end). She has good connections with nearby vendors, so you get the ultimate decision of how much work you want to do in the planning process ranging from 'please take care of everything just let me pick stuff' to 'please let me rent the building, I can plan everything' --Amy Santiago style.

Lettie worked very hard to make sure everything went smoothly. From meeting initially several months prior, to a few months before, and a week or two prior, Lettie was professional and prompt with all communication (answering the phone, returning calls/emails, etc).

We had a wonderful reception! It's only been a few weeks, but I'm still receiving comments from friends about how nice the venue is or how much fun everyone had at the reception. If you are looking for a beautiful venue that fits about 200 people, I highly recommend The Gates on Main St.

Samantha Jacobs

Married on 07/13/2019

The Perfect Wedding Reception

Our daughter recently had her wedding reception at The Gates on Main Street. Lettie the manager, designer and event coordinator could not have been more wonderful.
She and her team saw to every detail and it made for the perfect reception from start to finish. Lettie has an amazing team of helpers and they were the nicest people to work with…. Very accommodating.
Everything she said she was going to do... She did. All costs were upfront. Never had to worry about hidden charges or being nickel and dimed to death.
We originally started talking to the Silver Sycamore in Pasadena and they were horrible to work with and over the top expensive for what they were offering. We got so much more at The Gates on Main Street plus an absolute fantastic working relationship that was so simple and smooth from the first initial visit.
We even had a last minute “emergency” when 30 guests rsvp’d at the last minute and Lettie worked her magic and took care of the extra tables and food with absolutely no problem.
The evening of the reception everyone commented on how beautiful everything looked from the decorations to the table settings.
We would highly recommend The Gates on Main Street to any bride looking to plan her special day reception.

Beatrice Palomo

Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful experience

Very stress free event planning Lety takes care of everything and is very accommodating to your needs. Everything turned out as expected!

R
Roxxana

Married on 10/12/2018

Best venue

Throughout the entire process, Lettie was extremely professional and accommodating. I live in Dallas, however she made sure to made time for me when I was in town in order to make sure she understood my vision. As all an inclusive venue, I was extremely impressed with all the vendors included in the package as well as others she recommended. We did not have to lift a finger the day of the wedding. Lettie and her staff set everything up and took everything down. They even packed up extra food, cake, decorations, and gifts. Thank you so much to Lettie and all the staff at the Gates.

Y
Yazmin

Married on 08/18/2018

I can not express my gratitude and appreciation for everything Lettie did for us and our wedding. Everything from the first meeting to us walking out of the venue as husband and wife was perfect. The venue is beyond beautiful and I truly felt like a princess that day. Lettie took all our ideas and concerns and turned our day in to something very magical and astounding. Everybody had a great time and people were very satisfied and impressed. Ladies look no further Lettie and the Gates on Main St. Is the way to go!

Brittney

Married on 07/14/2018

I had my wedding at the Gates in July, and I absolutely loved everything about the venue! Lettie was amazing, and was always there answering my questions. My engagement was only 6 months and planning was almost stress free with the help of Lettie! I didn’t have to worry about anything. The decor and colors was perfect and decorated exactly how I wanted it. The bridal suit was beautiful and comfortable and my bridal party loved having this room to get ready! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

A
Amber

Married on 06/23/2018

The Gates on Main Street is an amazing wedding venue. Everything from the decorations, cake, DJ, and Food was perfect. I highly recommend everyone use the Gates on Main Street for their wedding.

M
Miranda

Married on 06/16/2018

It was a lovely venue, with good people and service, we we're very happy with our event and the service, such a beautiful place.

A
Angeles

Married on 05/19/2018

Evie was great to work with! I asked a lot of questions and texted her when ever something popped in my head and she always responded promptly. When decorations time came Evie gave me a lot of options I never would of thought of. Everything ran smooth the day of my wedding and Evie was always close by incase I needed her.

Married on 05/04/2018

We had our daughter’s sweet 16 at The Gates on May 4, 2018 and it was an absolute wonderful experience. Lettie was great and all my guests raves about the beautiful venue. 5 stars!

M
Monica

Married on 02/10/2018

The Gates was the first venue we went to go see, and immediately it was my favorite already. I went to see other venues around the area and The Gates was still the most unique and elegant venue I had come across. Lettie is the sweetest; she did an amazing job with my wedding! My guest loved it.

L
Laura

Married on 06/17/2017

Great venue! I was very pleased with everything.

G
Gabriela

Married on 03/18/2017

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. My husband and I fell in love with it at first sight and looked no where else! We got the all inclusive package, which came with almost everything and we were able to plan our wedding in about 2 months! Lettie and Evie were great event planners with awesome ideas and suggestions, and Evie made our wedding reception perfect, it ran with out a hitch! We definitely recommend this beautiful venue to anyone and everyone!

JAY

Married on 03/11/2017

The venue was very nice , Lettie and her team were professional and very helpful

Jancy

Married on 11/05/2016

Everything about the hall was wonderful. Decor and the staff. I would recommend this venue to whoever.

Shannon

Married on 10/22/2016

This venue is fairly new and have been very easy to work with. Bridal suite is pretty, but no room for the groomsmen to get ready. All the vendors that are associated with this venue have all been easy to work with also. Decorations that are provided for you to pick from if you want, are all good quality and can be used for whatever theme you are going for. Glad we found this place since alot of people have never heard of it! It's elegant and beautiful!
Update: I got married here 2 weeks ago! Everything ran smoothly and everybody complimented how beautiful everything was! All the vendors we worked with were great! I didn't need a wedding coordinator because Lettie made sure everything happened accordingly. She was so nice and made sure everything was just as I wanted even when I changed my mind on decorations that she provided. If your looking for something different from where everybody else gets married that is all inclusive, then this is the place!

Rebecca
Rebecca

Married on 10/15/2016

I couldn't have been more pleased with the choice we made to celebrate our wedding at The Gates. Lettie & Evie were great. The night of the wedding went off without any issues! They made sure everything went smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with. I received so many compliments on the venue and how gorgeous it is. Pictures of this place do not do it justice. It was the perfect intimate venue for the best day of our lives!

Samantha
Samantha

Married on 10/08/2016

The Bride's Point of View:

Amazing service, friendly staff, and definitely made our day awesome. Lettie was awesome she coordinated this day perfectly. My biggest concern was making sure that they could handle the coordination without coming to me with a million questions on the day of the event and she exceeded my expectations. We were able to enjoy our day and had nothing to worry about during this fun time. I also was very impressed with the decor choices that were all included in the price. I highly recommend them as a place to consider for your big day!

The Groom's Point of View:

I'm excited that all I had to do literally was taste the cake! Lettie took care of my wife, which made for an awesome night of fun and memorable laughs. I'd highly recommend The Gates on Main services to any couple who would like to experience 5 star service with reasonable pricing and numerous options to choose from.

Married on 01/09/2016

So impressed with this venue; it's gorgeous! What makes The Gates so wonderful would be the staff! They truly take the time help personalize your day to be exactly what you want. When you are unsure how to finish off a detail they are already a step ahead and have suggestions that'll you'll love! I am one of those ppl that knows exactly what they want. Many other venues we looked at limit you to only their decor or vision. At The Gates you get to run wild with your ideas. My photographer said The Gates is a photographer's dream! She said the lighting was perfect, almost as if they designed venue with that in mind. The catering staff... Beyond polite! I am a stickler for customer service and WOW! They seemed genuinely excited for us and they never left you in want. Food was delish too! Lettie and Evie are so friendly, it's as if they are your family. They respond quickly to emails, phone calls and text. You will never have to be stressed over any details of your day or using the vendors they offer. I could go on forever with nothing but great things to say about this place but I need to wrap this up. THIS IS THE VENUE YOU'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR!

Married on 11/14/2015

I got married here on 11/14/15. Lettie was amazing at helping us plan our wedding. My family and friends thought that the place was beautiful. They helped my dream wedding come true.

Stephanie

Married on 10/24/2015

This is a great place to have your wedding!

User4353400

2+ years ago

When my fiancé and I were looking for that perfect venue to exchange our vows and bring our family and friends together, we both had some ideas about what we would like our special day to look and feel like.

Like any bride to be, I was combing through magazines and the internet as well as trying to get my fiancés input. I would try to bring all of that information from scraps of paper, articles and that which was stored in my head together into a coherent plan for my wedding day. Planning a wedding can be a daunting and stressful task when it’s in competition with many other aspects of life. One of the special touches that helped to make up my mind to use “The Gates on Main Street” was the personal rapport established with Lisa, the wedding specialist, during our first meeting. She was very helpful answering my questions as well as offering suggestions and ideas on everything from staying within a budget, to the linen selections, music options and flowers.

As a mature Bride to be, it is important to have a place where both the ceremony and the reception can take place under one roof. It was also important that it be budget friendly. “The Gates on Main Street” is proving to be the perfect combination for our needs.

The venue is amazing and the staff is well acquainted with the preferred vendors, this is just one more way “The Gates on Main Street” pay attention to detail helping insure that everything goes smoothly on our “Big Day.”

R
Renee

Married on 10/10/2015

I immediately thought that this venue was beautiful. Lettie and Evie were a great help in the wedding planning. They answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns promptly. They went the extra mile to make our rehearsal and wedding day a great success and a wonderful time had by all our guests. The linens were beautiful and just as I had specified. I even had compliments from our guests on the employees of the venue that assisted during both events. Thank you to the Gates on Main St. And Lettie and Evie for making our day memorable.

Brenda

Married on 08/16/2015

These ladies are awesome! They are helping me plan the wedding of my dreams! Thank you!