Back to The Oaks at Salem

54 Reviews for The Oaks at Salem

Featured
Jen

Married on 07/08/2018

Where to begin? I am beyond impressed with the Oaks at Salem. From the very beginning, everyone we talked with and worked with was extremely helpful. Becky, our day-of coordinator, was so on top of things. She thought of details we had never considered (such as a drinks stand by walkway to the ceremony site since our wedding was in July) and took so much stress out of the day itself. Several of my bridesmaids and family members have commented on just how organized and helpful she was, especially since my mom was handicapped at the time and needed extra help getting from place to place. She took care of everything on the day itself, from supervising the decorations to ensuring that all of our bags were in the get-away car (and she even helped to pack food to bring with us). The venue itself is beautiful, and the inclusion of tables, chairs, linens, and decor items in the rental helped us save on so much money. So many of the guests complimented the site and just how lovely it was on the day itself. We honestly could not be happier! Thank you so much for making our wedding day an amazing, memorable one that was enjoyed by all!

T
Tiffany Schwab

Married on 10/05/2018

Incredible!

The Oaks at Salem was an amazing venue to host our wedding. It is such a beautiful property, we could not have asked for anything better. April and her team were amazing to work with. After we had to postpone our wedding due to a hurricane, April worked closely with us to ensure that our new wedding date was going to be just as amazing. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

S
Sarah

Married on 09/29/2018

The Oaks at Salem is great! April and her team are extremely organized and super helpful. It is such a great value for everything you get.

S
Susan

Married on 05/20/2018

I am the mother of the bride. This is not only a beautiful site but the service from The Oaks staff and especially our wedding coordinator, Veni, were perfection. I was not stressed out at all, before or the day of the wedding because we were in such capable and professional hands. It all began when we were provided a list of preferred providers who we were assured were professional and reliable. That reduced the work from the beginning, important since my daughter and her fiance were planning and arranging the wedding from south Florida for a wedding in North Carolina. In comparing sites, we also realized that many items were included in the price at The Oaks that were extra at other venues. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Questions were quickly answered, reasonable advice and direction provided when solicited, everything we needed when we needed it. We wanted an outdoor wedding but knew to plan for all types of weather, after all, this is NC. A month before, we had a meeting with Veni at the Oaks and walked through the entire wedding day, hour by hour and minute by minute, ironing out any issues before the big day.

The day before, in the rain under umbrellas, we rehearsed the outdoor event as well as what we would do under the pavilion if the rain did not stop. All contingencies were covered and we were ready. The day of the wedding, everything was smooth and perfect, the sun coming out just before the ceremony. Those "preferred” vendors arrived and did their work efficiently. Everything was done, as promised!

I could go on and on but I highly recommend this venue and cannot say thank you enough to April, Veni, Katie and the others who made my daughter's wedding a perfectly magical event. Our only complaint was that it had to end, we could have stayed all night. Thank you so very much.

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

Thank you so much! It was wonderful working with you all!

M
Madi

Married on 04/14/2018

We absolutely LOVED working with the Oaks! They were so put together and really helped to make the planning process so much easier for us. Both April (the owner) and Veni (our coordinator through the Oaks) were fabulous to work with. They were super responsive and entertained all of the questions we had along the way. The venue is gorgeous and was the perfect place for our special day. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

We loved working with you all! Thank you for recommending us!

Heather
Heather

Married on 03/23/2018

Three weeks later and I still feel like my wedding at The Oaks at Salem was a dream. You are provided a coordinator who makes sure that your day runs smoothly so you do not have to. The list of preferred vendors takes the guesswork out of planning and you are guided every step of the way. Many decor items, linens, as well as tables and chairs are included. The venue is even more beautiful in person. It is the perfect combination of indoor and outdoor spaces. The bridal suite is every girl's dream! I loved my wedding as did everyone in attendance.

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

So happy to hear this! Thank you! We loved working with you!

Ashton

Married on 03/17/2018

The Oaks at Salem is a beautiful venue! We had a wonderful experience there for our daughter’s wedding. Rolling hills, a pond, beautiful trees and gentle breezes were all a part of our day. Our TOAS coordinator did a beautiful job directing the day and taking care of our needs! The reception space was perfect! We totally enjoyed our experience there and would highly recommend them.

Married on 10/06/2017

This venue was amazing! They are very accommodating and professional. All of my guests could not say enough compliments about the venue. It’s also nice that they include so many things like chairs, tables and lights. I highly recommend this venue and team!

B
Brandee

Married on 08/12/2017

The perfect wedding venue! I can not say enough the venue is gorgeous and the wedding coordination helps to make your dream day a success! The day of my wedding went smoothly thanks to Joslin and the staff at The Oaks! I did not have to worry about one thing and enjoyed every aspect of my wedding day!

C
Caitlin

Married on 06/11/2017

I got married here on June 11, 2017, and I absolutely loved my experience! April was so sweet when we got started there, and Joslin was my wedding coordinator! THey were both great! Working with Joslin was probably the best part about my day! She made sure that everything went smoothly and I can honestly say, it was PERFECT! Throughout planning, they make sure that you get exactly what YOU want for YOUR big day.. Great experience and all of our family and friends raved about how great everything was!

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

Thank you so much! We are thrilled you chose us for your wedding day! Our coordinators work very hard to take care of all of our couples!!

Jessica

Married on 04/29/2017

Words cannot express how thrilled we were with The Oaks at Salem. From the beautiful grounds, to the stunning decoration of the home The Oaks is picture perfect for any outside wedding. Veni, our wedding coordinator was wonderful! Very responsive, accommodating, professional, and definitely skilled. She really goes above and beyond her call of duty and you can see her passion reflected in her work. Everything ran smoothly both rehearsal day and wedding day despite our quite rowdy crowd. The value is unreal, there are so many amenities and things included in any package.

Someone asked me at my wedding if I would recommend getting married there. I told them, if I could and was allowed to get divorced and remarry my husband again just to have another wedding I would!

Thanks so much for a beautiful wedding!

L
Lisa

Married on 10/28/2016

Where to start? First, the physical grounds. Just beautiful. Fairytale-like for any couple wanting to get married outside and/or with a tent. There's so much room for everyone's comfort. And the getting ready/bridal suite is both pretty and functional. Hair and make-up in one area with good lighting and a rest room as well as a large dressing area. My daughter, the bride, and her groom were adamant they didn't want to see each other until she got to the top of the aisle. The house is set-up so this was easily accomplished.

Second, the organization and professionalism of the wedding coordinators -- can't be beat. My daughter and son-in-law live 2700 miles away from us/where they grew up/the venue. There was a LOT of long distance coordinating that went on with me as the local contact. I'm a naturally organized person so greatly appreciated Veni's prompt, efficient and gracious help.

We happened to have a remarkably beautiful fall day for our event but I had full faith in their ability to manage rain as we live two miles from the venue and saw they had weddings when Hurricane Matthew came through! There are so many lovely areas on the grounds for photography and the reception under the tent is both elegant and fun.

Third, our goal was to enjoy the day, revel in our daughter and son-in-law's love, and that of our family and friends, have an excellent meal and fun dancing. Although we participated in a lot of event planning, with excellent guidance and advice from Veni, we didn't want to worry about any of that on the wedding day. TOAS provides a wedding coordinator the day of for that exact purpose. Veni and her assistant were FABULOUS. They managed everything and kept the day flowing with calm, gracious efficiency.

Our daughter recently described her wedding as magical. We agree. TOAS was a major part of that. Elegant, timeless and, importantly, given everything that's involved in a wedding, incredibly well-organized:).

Alia

Married on 10/09/2016

Great venue! Gorgeous spot, pictures are stunning when you use this venue! Guests enjoyed it and everything worked out even with a hurricane the day before!

Ashley

Married on 10/01/2016

This venue is the BEST! From the beautiful house, the stunning grounds and spaces for your ceremony/reception everything is SO beautiful. Plus, the wedding coordinators that help are incredible. Joslin was so helpful leading up to the wedding and was INCREDIBLE the day of. I didn't feel stressed at all and she was so ready to help in whatever way possible. Just sayin, y'all should get married here!

Kaitlin

Married on 05/28/2016

The Oaks is the most perfect venue a bride could ask for! The house and land are absolutely beautiful, and looks so good in pictures. The ceremony wall provides a perfect backdrop in addition to the lake, and the tent against the house is so elegant, you forget that you're even under one! It doesn't need a ton of flowers or extra decor because it's already so beautiful on its own. In addition to that, they have an amazing staff! Veni was my day of coordinator and helped by creating a minute by minute timeline and working with all of my vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page, which is sooo valuable! And it's at no extra cost. They were so flexible with me even though I was planning my wedding from far away and had to send them a million emails. The day of, everything ran super smoothly and I could relax knowing that Veni was on top of everything! I really can't say enough good things about the venue and would recommend it to any bride looking for a beautiful outdoor venue.

Kimberly

Married on 04/09/2016

The Oaks at Salem could not have been more perfect for my husband and I’s recent April wedding. From the moment we first visited the Oaks we knew it was the right place for us. So right, we moved our date out by 6 months just so we could get married there. Working with April at first and then Veni made the entire experience so easy. Veni created our timeline for the ceremony and reception and handled a lot of the coordination with the vendors. I can’t say enough about how on top of everything she was, especially on our wedding day. The venue itself is gorgeous, both the ceremony site and the reception tent. There was more than enough room for our 140+ guests. We had so many compliments about how wonderful the venue was, as well as, how professional Veni was. As the bride, I didn’t have any stress on my wedding day because I knew everything was taken care of. If you want a beautiful venue to have your ceremony and/or reception, and work with classy, professional ladies, then The Oaks at Salem is definitely your place! I would suggest booking quick though!

U
User5582877

2+ years ago

Joslin was and April were an absolute dream to work with. They went above and beyond to make my wedding day the most special day and were attentive to every single detail. The venue in itself is gorgeous, but the professionalism and the confidence they provided to my husband and I the day of the wedding cant be replaced. I would a million times over book an event with the Oaks at Salem. They are truly a phenomenal team. Thanks for such a wonderful experience ladies!

Married on 10/25/2015

Wow! The Oaks at Salem staff are true professionals. Not only are they are organized and efficient, but they made sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Veni and Joslin are angels sent from above! They were both so helpful throughout the wedding planning process and incredibly quick to respond to emails, which any bride will appreciate during the planning process. Highly recommend The Oaks-- thank you ladies for our perfect day!

U
User5535155

2+ years ago

The Oaks at Salem was perfect in every way for my wife and I's wedding. With their affordable pricing, beautiful setting, built in wedding planner, and an option to use all of your own vendors, this was the perfect match for our wedding. This is the first review on anything I have ever written and the Oaks deserves it. We were able to pick our best options for catering (Beau Bennett is very familiar with this venue and the food was incredible), DJ, florist, AND we were able to provide our own alcohol (HUGH money saver). For starters, we had torrential downpour on our wedding day and decided to do it under the tent. We were originally a little bummed not to be able to do the ceremony across the pond, but the tent ended up working perfectly. We eventually had to put the curtains down but it did not get too hot and the reception actually felt a little more intimate while still being an epic party. Even with the rain the ceremony was beautiful and many of our guests asked us how we found such a fantastic venue. In addition, the bar is wonderful and we were able to bring our own pony kegs with home brewed beer in addition to lots of wine, liquor, and mixers. Venni, our wedding planner, was a crucial aspect to our wedding running smoothly. In every aspect this place was perfect for us and I would highly recommend using the Oaks.

Married on 09/13/2015

The Oaks at Salem provided my dream wedding venue in an ideal location, at a reasonable cost, and came with friendly and professional staff! I loved the site right from the start, and it was exactly what I wanted. I worked with April, Joselin, and Veni who all helped make my wedding day perfect. Having an on-site day-of wedding coordinator who worked with me throughout the entire planning process made the day run smooth and stress-free. I had everything I needed, whether provided by the site or given information on where to get everything necessary. Their vendor list provided excellent recommendations, and I used several of their preferred vendors. The site itself is well kept and gorgeous, with plenty of space to get ready and have both the ceremony and reception. I loved being able to bring lawn games for guests to play. Fortunately the weather cooperated and was perfect, but having a back-up plan for the ceremony under the tent if necessary gave me peace of mind. I highly recommend The Oaks at Salem if looking for a gorgeous, peaceful outdoor wedding venue!

R
Rebecca

Married on 09/06/2015

Beautiful venue for an outdoor wedding with excellent staffing to guide you and help you. Veni/Joslin are organized and professional and were so responsive throughout this whole process. Their attention to detail goes above and beyond. They think of everything and plan for everything just in case. Veni ran our rehearsal, and wedding day. She was excellent, helpful, and kept us on schedule. We are very thankful that we chose The Oaks at Salem for our venue. It was a perfect day!

Ashley

Married on 08/01/2015

The Oaks at Salem staff are true professionals. They are organized, efficient, kind and they absolutely made our wedding day perfect! Veni/Joslin were so helpful throughout the process (and extremely fast to respond). We definitely couldn't have chosen a better venue to get married. The day of our wedding was so well orchestrated by them that it was a very stress free day for us. Thank you ladies so much for all of your hard work, your suggestions from day one and for just being so damn nice. I recommend anyone interested in a beautiful, classy outdoor venue with amazing organizers to get married at the Oaks at Salem.P.S. Veni – You rock!

Erica
Erica

Married on 11/02/2014

Southern hospitality meets stellar planning & wedding expertise!

My wedding, reception and planning process with The Oaks at Salem were fantastic! My husband and I wanted to get married within 4 months of our engagement and at my first meeting with April I asked if this could even happen - her response, "Yes! Brides that have the shortest engagements have the most fun!"

She was right! I loved every minute of my wedding day & reception at The Oaks at Salem. I cannot recommend this venue enough! They have thought of everything and can accommodate a variety of requests. Both April & Joslin were very responsive to emails and questions throughout the planning process. And from start to finish, it was THE PERFECT DAY!

I appreciated how hands on they both were the day of the wedding... From helping with setup, to directing us on where to put the guest book, and raving about my linen selections, they were so supportive and fun. Joslin bustled my dress, made sure we had a few minutes to ourselves between the ceremony & reception, and put our sparklers in a pretty vase! (And a MILLION other things that I didn't have to worry about!)

These two go above and beyond and they know how to do weddings well! If you want to enjoy your wedding day, let the professionals at The Oaks at Salem take care of you!

Kristine

Married on 09/27/2014

The perfect wedding venue! Joslin and April made the ceremony and venue so beautiful. As soon as we arrived I wasn't worried about something not getting done. It was so nice to just relax and not have to coordinate anything. Would absolutely recommend them!

M
Marsha

Married on 07/15/2014

What a pleasure it is to be able to work with April and her team at The Oaks. From one professional to another... Organization is always key. April's team is one of the most organized venues I have ever worked with. Easy access to the venue is key. Having a clear time line is wonderful to keep the brides and the other vendors relaxed. If you want an elegant, Southern and perfectly gorgeous setting go see The Oaks. One look and you will be sold!