Back to The Old Meeting House

| Salt Lake City, UT See photos, pricing and details

22 Reviews for The Old Meeting House

Sariah

Married on 02/17/2018

We loved this venue for our wedding! The food was delicious. The staff was helpful and welcoming through the whole process. Everything was clean and the decorations were beautiful. It was a wonderful experience at a fantastic value- we very highly recommend!

L
Lisa

Married on 07/14/2017

After searching the entire Salt Lake Valley for a wedding venue, I actually happened upon Old Meeting House by accident. I took one look and I was in love with the decor; If you’re looking for a truly classic, fairytale, or vintage aesthetic, this is the place for you. Not only that, but they took care of 90% of the wedding for me. They offer catering, a cake, and centerpieces for your special day. I would argue that they offered the most stuff for the lowest price in the valley.

Overall, I would say my wedding was an incredible experience because they were so kind, accommodating, and helpful. They always remembered my name when I called, and even months later they still remember details about my wedding! They’re truly a staff who cares. I hope they like doing vow renewals!

The Old Meeting House's reply:

Lisa, thank you for your kind words! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the process and had a terrific day! Please give us as call on that vow renewal, that would be so incredible!

User6905132

2+ years ago

We were more than pleased with everything and everyone associated with "The Old Meeting House". The personal touches made it the most pleasant experience for us all. They will certainly get my repeat business! I really can not say enough good about the service, the quality of the food, the beauty of the facility, everything! Truly an exceptional establishment.

The Old Meeting House's reply:

Thank you so very much! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Jana

Married on 10/23/2015

I loved working with the staff at the Old Meeting House. Everyone was so helpful and willing to listen to my ideas and vision for what I wanted and they were good at working with me on adding some of my own special touches. Our hostess the evening of our wedding was so wonderful - she took such good care of us, made sure we knew what was going on, that we had water while greeting guests and something to eat after cutting the cake - she even served us hot chocolate when they got a fresh batch made, and we got a to-go box with our refreshments and cake when we left. She was great at making sure everything ran smoothly, neither me, nor my family had to worry or stress about anything that day - which is exactly what I wanted! I have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the reception was and how good the food was. I couldn't be happier with my decision to use The Old Meeting House.

The Old Meeting House's reply:

Jana, I'm beyond thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable experience! It was certainly our pleasure to work with you! Your custom menu was so perfect for the season, we might just add it to our regular line up. Thank you for your kind review, we wish you and Scott the very best! Enjoy your "Happily ever after"!

D
Denise

Married on 03/28/2015

The Old Meeting House met all of our needs. The staff was professional and was always there if we ha any questions or concerns. We have beautiful memories of our wedding day because of this. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Denise,
I'm so glad to hear you were pleased with the service you received! Thank you for your kind words,
Best wishes, Natalie

Michele

Married on 10/23/2013

They pretty much did everything for me without the cost of a wedding planner.
We did some leg work, but they pointed us in the right direction.
They did the catering, cake, ceremony and reception all in one package that was in our budget.
We were so happy with everything

Abigail

Married on 05/31/2013

I had my Bridals done here. They turned out so great. The Decor on the inside is beautiful. I also had my reception here as well. It was amazing! It went off without a glitch. The food was wonderful. My guests all raved about the food. The staff was so helpful and professional. My family made so many great memories.

E
Emily

Married on 01/22/2009

The Old Meeting House has the best staff of the sweetest ladies you could ever imagine. The Building is unique one of a kind beautiful. They had so many wonderful choices and I love that the Cake came with booking their Venue. (Savings of $600. 00 Alone) their in house catering was SOOOOO GOOD and such a reasonable price.

They Honor their contracts and they value you as a customer and this place has the BEST customer service I could ever imagine.

This is the Best Venue for the Price and they keep you on your budget! Thank you all Ladies for such a Beautiful Day!

Mandy

Married on 05/09/2008

I loved having my wedding reception at The Old Meeting House. This venue was very elegant, and classic and I was able to incorporate my theme and colors easily. The food was awesome! It was very tasty and beautifully laid out. Thanks for the memories!

User3761264

2+ years ago

4.7

The Old Meeting House was a wonderful choice of venue for our event! We had our ceremony, dinner, and reception at this location. The package we purchased included our cake, professional pianist for the ceremony, set up and take down of our decorations as well as changing the layout of the room to accommodate events, servers for the dinner, and a hostess that walked us through everything that evening. I am from out of town and they were very easy to communicate with from out of state. The only qualm I had about them is they are very old fashioned and didn't seem as flexible with my ideas as I would have liked but everything turned out beautiful, thanks to their hard working team.

The Old Meeting House's reply:

Thanks for your candid review! We really do value your opinions. I'm glad everything turned out so well! If you have time please email me, Natalie, at theoldmeetinghouseslc@gmail.com, I would love your suggestions on what we could have done to step up our flexibility! Thanks again!

Alisha

Married on 12/21/2006

4.7

We loved this Reception House! They took care of just about anything! They provided the cake, decorations, catering, dance floor, etc for a low budget. They were very elegant and professional.

Margaret

Married on 08/05/2017

Something that I really appreciate was that this venue had everything. It had all the decorations you want in any color, they had their own catering service included, and they make the cake. My wedding had servers serve food to every person (of course you choose whether you want a buffet style or not) and there was someone there on the day of my wedding who was making sure everything went right. My husband and I did not want to spend too much for a wedding and it took a long time to search and find a place that is under $10,000. This venue was wonderful including the staff!

The Old Meeting House's reply:

Thanks very much, Margaret! You planned a very beautiful wedding, we are so glad to have played a part in your special day!

K
Kirsti

Married on 08/01/2017

Having our reception at the Old Meeting House was the BEST decision! It took away a lot of unnecessary stress that we would have had, and the hostess took care of everything so we could just enjoy the celebration.

Sarah

Married on 02/08/2008

Everything was wonderful about The Old Meeting House! The wedding cake was beautiful, and came with booking a reception. We didn't have much of a budget but I had my heart set on finding a nice reception place that we could afford. This was definitely the place! Everyone was very kind and professional and we were able to take care of almost everything related to the reception in one meeting. The decorations were beautiful and the food was amazing! All of my guests commented on how lovely the reception was. I definitely recommend!

Julie

Married on 05/28/2005

Both my older sister's had their receptions here so I just had to also! It is such a gorgeous classy building!
They provided the cake, and the table linens and center peices. My cake was gorgeous and perfect! They offer a lot of options when it comes to the cakes and the catering, they have two different bakeries they work with. It was a perfect day!
They even let me bring my own CDs that I'd mixed so we could have the music the groom and I really wanted.
They were very nice, and give you your own personal hostess who can make sure everything is going smoothly for you. The Bride's room is beautiful and elegant. The Bridesmaid's room and the Grooms/Groomsmen's room are also very nice. I've used the bridesmaids' room twice myself for my sisters' weddings.
They also have places where you can display quilts or China or whatever you want. They also provided some big ornate easles for the bridal portraits. And they provide the guest book. They have two options, a smaller one and a bigger one that has places for photos. Both options are made from beautiful hand-made papers, and you can choose the paper to match your colors. They also let you choose the ribbon that binds the book, so it's all very personalized. I chose the bigger book, and had someone take digital candids during the first part of the day, after the ceremony and then they printed them and put them in the guest book for the reception so that those who couldn't come earlier could get a glimpse of what they'd missed.
I'm not sure how the prices are now, but at the time this was the very best deal out there, it was about $1-2,00 less if I remember, and bigger and nicer than a lot of the more expensive places.
The dance floor, wasn't as spacious as they made it sound, but it worked fine for us because most our guests didn't really seem too interested in dancing. It was mainly my Hubby and I, and a couple of our newlywed friends.

Brittney

Married on 10/12/2005

4.3

Great value for the price. The food was great. Very professional.

Jen

Married on 07/18/2017

4.2

Awesome venue! They were very accommodating and flexible for last minute changes. They were perfect matching my colors and person who does their cakes is phenomenal!

Jennise

Married on 03/03/2000

3.6

This is a great place, wonderful service. Beautiful scenery and lots of room. It was a great place for an indoor reception. Reasonabley priced and included a lot of extras.

Julia

Married on 10/06/2012

3.4

I had a wonderful, happy wedding day at a beautiful venue with great food on an extremely tight budget. That being said, I certainly got what I paid for. The Old Meeting House is beautiful and picturesque and nearly all-inclusive which is what made it most appealing. If you aren't terribly picky about what you are looking for in your wedding day, this place is perfect for you, but if you have a vision of your wedding and how you want it to go, stay away.
I was happy with the help I recieved from the staff in the planning process but there were some major mistakes on the part of the staff as well. For example, I ordered a cake with 3 different flavored tiers and the cake I got was white cake with vanilla fondant on all three tiers. I asked for the pianist to play songs from the 4 seasons, specifying which movements I wanted for the precessional and recessional. I don't know what the pianist played but it was not what I chose. If he had questions, he should have contacted me. I also wanted a head table which I was told they don't do. The colors they had available were all wrong and the dance floor is WAY too small. Other than that, it was a perfectly acceptable place to hold a wedding on a budget.

Julia,
I'm following up on this, over two years old, review to apologize. It sounds like there was some break down in communication. I feel terrible your cake was not to your expectations. I trust it was beautiful on the outside but understand your disapointment in not getting the flavors you chose. That could have been our fault, since we write up the orders. I hope it at least tasted yummy! Our brides are always welcome to bring in their own decor ( linens, centerpieces, etc.) if what we have available at the time does not suit them. Our dance floor is actually customizable depending on the size of your group. I regret that we weren't aware of your concerns before it was too late. We are always trying to get better at what we do. I'm pleased you were able to stay within a budget and I hope you are loving your "happily ever after" !

W
Whitney

Married on 11/19/2008

3.3

I really liked The Old meeting House's venue. I was most picky about the venue that I would have my ceremony and reception at, so I looked at a lot of them before deciding. I chose the old meeting house because they were really reasonable and it was a good value and I fell in love with the old charming antique feel of the building. I didn't feel like they were very flexible as to what I was aloud to do though, for example I was not able to use real rose petals while walking down the isle which was a little disappointing. The lady that was in charge of my ceremony was... A little too professional at sometimes I did feel rushed. Guests were still coming in to see us and she had rushed me so much to catch the limo that i was already changed into my other dress to leave so some guests did not get to see me in my dress, which was really sad. We did call and make a complaint about the lady in charge and they were very respectful and understanding which helped ease the pain.

Alea

Married on 05/25/2013

2.0

Was a total hassle to deal with, first they said they could do 60 people, then they said they couldn't and would have to charge me for 80 people, then a week before the wedding they finally relented. Food was good, decor was very pretty, hostess was very nice although kept asking me questions when I had already answered them... Like 3 times about how the pianist needed paying when I had already said the groom was the one who had the money. Apparently the waiting staff kept skipping certain people during dinner, said they were out of rolls to some people and gave them out to others right after they said they were out. They let us stay as long as we wanted, were generally easy to work with the day of the wedding, but very stressful to deal with before, couldn't even remember that I work during their office hours and had requested to be emailed instead, so lots of missed calls from them when an email would have been quicker.

The Old Meeting House's reply:

Alea, This response is about 18 months late, as we have just recently claimed rights to this account. It sounds like we might have been in the midst of a policy change in regards to the problem with the count. I apologize that you werent given a clear idea of what you could do. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with the food and decor! Our menu's include one roll per person. It sounds like the kitchen had a few extra rolls but shouldn't have passed them out since there weren't enough to give everyone another. I suspect that they were trying to be nice, not realizing the consequences. Also, we may have been serving the ladies first, and I regret if some felt they were being skipped. Lastly, we are doing more and more with email communication, so thank you for bringing that up in your review. I hope you are enjoying married life, Sincerely Natalie (Catering and Customer Service Manager)

B
Bradlis

Married on 08/27/2011

1.9

The staff were good from our initial visit and we both felt very taken care of, but the day of our wedding the staff were pushy and not very helpful. The value of this place is something that attracted us to the Old Meeting House. The real value was lost when our cake was late and looked like it was dropped. The air conditioning was not worth a damn and we had guests leave in the middle of the wedding. Food that was paid for was not served and had to be refunded. Lastly, the staff took our food home with them after the wedding and my wife and I didn't even get to try any of the food. Pretty terrible.

Brad,
I'm sorry to find you had some dissapointment about your wedding. I realize several years have passed but I still wanted to offer a response. I feel terrible that you were not pleased with your cake. CIndy at Heritage cakes does fantastic work for our brides and I'm positive she would have done all she could to make it right if she'd had the opportunity. I'll bet August 27th was a hot day, I apologize that you were uncomfortable. We've recently had our A/C system updated. Unfortunately it's commom for brides & grooms to feel they don't have time to eat. Our goal is to pamper our clients. Its our policy to fix a to-go box to send and I express regret if we didnt make that happen.