Back to The Reef Restaurant

Featured
Jacqueline Rodriguez

Married on 03/30/2019

Beach wedding

We was married on March 30, 2019. Our wedding was perfect in every way. We could not ask for better venue.

The Reef Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved being a part of your special day.

Best wishes from Danielle Morse & The Reef staff!!

Sarah Krupinski

Married on 06/22/2019

rehearsal dinner

The staff was very pleasant and the food was good. It is a great location and we had a lovely time!

sdf

Married on 04/15/2018

My husband and I were married 5 years ago and had our reception at the Reef. We were so happy with the way the Reef took care of everything and treated our guests that.. , our daughter had her wedding their 2 weeks ago. She planned a beach wedding. Unfortunately the weather had a different plan. Needless to say The Reef helped save the day with bringing it in. The Reef was so professional and helpful that many guests mentioned how wonderful they were. Thank you so much for helping make our daughters wedding great! :)

The Reef Restaurant's reply:

Thank you for this lovely review! It was a wonderful experience being a part of your daughters special day. We were happy to host your family and guests and we hope to see you all back soon!
Thank you and best wishes to all - Danielle Morse & The Reef Staff

Sara

Married on 01/06/2018

The Reef has always been one of my favorite restaurants, and it was such a joy to get married there! Danielle was awesome, very accommodating and made sure our day was absolutely perfect. The food was incredible too! I highly recommend The Reef to any bride looking for venue with a relaxed, fun and intimate atmosphere.

The Reef Restaurant's reply:

Sara, you and your family were an absolute pleasure! We hope to welcome you back to The Reef soon. Best wishes to you both, Danielle Morse & The Reef Staff

KTMM1086
Katie

Married on 11/11/2017

I could not be happier with everything The Reef did to make my wedding amazing. The service was exceptional and they went far above and beyond my expectations. There was horrible Nor'Easter that blew in the morning of my wedding and we had to make a decision at the last minute to move the ceremony inside. Danielle and all of the staff sprang into action, closing a second dining room, moving tables and chairs, and setting up an aisle and arbor for us to conduct the ceremony! Words cannot express how thankful we are to The Reef for doing everything they could to put us at ease! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Also, the food was amazing and the service was top notch!

The Reef Restaurant's reply:

Thank you Katie for these kind words! You all were a wonderful group and we would love to see you back anytime!

Best wishes,
Danielle Morse & The Reef Staff

D
Danielle

Married on 08/26/2017

This location has absolutely breathtaking views and delicious food! I couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony/reception overlooking the ocean.

The Reef Restaurant's reply:

Hello Danielle, thank you for your lovely review! You and your guests were a wonderful group and we would love to see you back next time you all are in town!

Best wishes,
Danielle Morse & The Reef Staff

C
Carole

Married on 06/24/2017

We had a small beach wedding and reception at The Reef and couldn't have been happier. The setting lent the right informal touch, rustic but elegant. The food and wine list were both amazing and very good value for the quality. We met the chef at our tasting and he was very helpful and professional. I noticed a plaque in the lobby designating him as among the best in the Jax area. Best of all, however, was Giselle Cardona, the event planner. We had an easy and immediate rapport. She volunteered info when I needed it and listened to my every detailed question with unending patience and quick, expert answers. Love that girl! The private room holds 80. We had 45 with a dance floor, DJ, and buffet in an alcove. That was just about right, but we could have accommodated more without crowding, especially with the bar on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Altogether a great event!

User7385240

2+ years ago

You will not find a more accommodating, patient, flexible, or wonderful team of people to make your reception/wedding extra special.
The service we received during our reception was unmatched to any service we have ever experienced. Our waiters were incredibly attentive and caring to my husband and I, as well as our entire party. All the food was delicious and our cupcakes/cake were amazing! Thank you to The Reef team for making our special day even more special!

A
Abby

Married on 07/04/2015

If you want a romantic and beautiful location for your wedding reception, this is the place! It's located right in front of Vilano Beach, with a beautiful view of the ocean. We had our wedding reception at the Reef this past 4th of July. I was very impressed by the service and accommodations that the Reef made for us. Amanda was a great host, and she made sure we had everything that we needed. The food was AWESOME, the service was EXCELLENT! The servers made sure that everyone was taken care of at all times! The room is lovely and the views from it are spectacular! It was the perfect place for my wedding reception! I highly recommend the Reef.

K
Kala

Married on 05/24/2015

Me and my husband knew we wanted an intimate beach wedding with our closest friends and family and The Reef could not have been a better venue to have our wedding ceremony and reception! The minute we saw The Reef we knew this is where we had to get married. We had a wedding of about 60 people and the upstairs room was the perfect size - the two balconies gave it a nice touch! The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating, not to mention the food was great! If you are looking to have a smaller beach wedding, I would definitely recommend The Reef!

User4946657

2+ years ago

There is no better place to host a wedding in Saint Augustine! I had my ceremony on the beach and the restaurant helped me rent, set up, and break down the ceremony space. The reception was perfect here. The food was delicious, fast, and had beautiful presentation. The wait staff went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I always had food on the table and drinks in hand. They even assisted with the toast and cake cutting. The Reef was the perfect place to hold a budget wedding too. For a party of just under 30 people it cost about $2100 ( tip+ ceremony+ reception food and space) to host the wedding in the semi-private dining space. The Reef is an excellent choice for the couple who wants an affordable one stop shop for the wedding with quality service.

J
Joao

Married on 03/15/2015

I want to thank everyone at The Reef for doing such an incredible job welcoming my partner and I. We have been together for 10 years and decided to make it official. Since not many same-sex-couples have been marrying in the state, I was just walking on egg-shells on how the whole thing would turn out. I was floored! It was an incredible experience! Ten people attended the ceremony at the balcony upstairs (which I highly recommend! ), there was one round-table, with ten chairs and made the whole event very intimate. We sat down, we talked, we celebrated. Two thumbs up for Jeremy, the general manager. I have never met a classier guy in my life! The guy was understanding, easy to talk to and made me feel at ease. If you are thinking of a wedding venue, do not look any further. You have already found it! This place is pure magic! Thank you all!

User4409319

2+ years ago

The Reef was the best venue we could have chosen. They helped set up our chairs on the beach for our ceremony and the venue itself was so beautiful. They did a wonderful job setting up the chairs and tables for our reception. Angie Raccioppi was an amazing coordinator and she was constantly in touch with us helping us make our wedding extra special. The food at the Reef was delicious and the service was flawless. We strongly recommend this venue for your wedding!

User4848755

2+ years ago

The Reef was the perfect location for my small wedding. The food and service was fabulous! I brought some of my own decorations and they assisted with setting everything up. My wedding was absolutely perfect! My dream come true. I would definitely recommend.

C
Christine

Married on 10/06/2013

Angie and the team at the Reef is wonderful, the perfect place for any celebration

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Married on 03/30/2013

I absolutely LOVED The Reef! Everything was so wonderful and perfect, the scenery was fabulous and the food was delicious! I am so glad we were able to use them, I could not have dreamt up a better place!

B
Becky

Married on 10/26/2012

The Reef provided wonderful services for my daughter's wedding and reception. They were more than accommodating when the beach wedding was pushed indoors into the reception area due to Hurricane Sandy. The food was very good and the staff and service were very prompt.

M
Melissa

Married on 08/26/2012

It was beautiful. The food was excellent and they decorated the area perfectly. I would recommend this spot for any occasion. Great veiw of the ocean and suitable for large parties as well as small.

K
KELLY

Married on 10/21/2011

We had a wonderful memorable wedding at The Reef. This was a destination wedding for us, neither of us had ever eaten or been to the restaurant before. However, we had been by the location on the outside and knew we were happy with it being in a more private area of the beach, there are no commercial properties close by. We had our wedding ceremony on the beach just north of The Reef. Our reception was in the upstairs banquet room of The Reef, the event coordinator Mary was so helpful, prompt, and kind. The room has access to 2 balconies and window views of the beach from the inside. Absolutely breathtaking day for us. Our family and friends totally enjoyed the food. We actually ate their two times at the restaurant for dinner once we arrived that week of the wedding and had fab food as well. I def recommend The Reef. Very Affordable too.

Sara

Married on 05/14/2011

I highly recommend The Reef! The day of the wedding it was raining. I, of course, was highly stressed. After going back and forth on the phone with Mary, I made the call to bring it inside. Suddenly, my father walked in the room and yelled "I see the sun! " I called Mary and her and her staff were quick to move EVERYTHING outside. The wedding happened right out on the beach and it looked like nothing happened 15 minutes earlier. The food and staff were fantastic. I couldn't thank Mary enough for making my dream wedding come true!

D
Diana

Married on 11/06/2010

We chose The Reef for our wedding reception for our wedding on November 6th. The value for the cost was incredible and they were extremely helpful from our initial inquiry through the very end of our event. Mary was very responsive and open to our many ideas about our reception and the staff at the Reef is absolutely superb. Their banquet room overlooking the beach was beautiful and the perfect setting to a perfect wedding!

J
Jade

Married on 06/19/2010

We had our wedding reception here in June 2010, and Joyce worked with us to make everything turn out just PERFECT! My husband and I will have the best memories ever of our wedding day. The beachfront view was everything that we wanted incorporated into our summer wedding. Joyce worked diligently with us over the course of planning to make sure that every detail was to our liking. The Reef holds a special place in our hearts. I would definitely recommend this place to others for a special occasion or even an intimate dinner.

Lindsay

Married on 05/15/2010

We had a wonderful reception. Joyce was wonderful. She listened to what we wanted, and she made sure everything went according to plan. The staff was excellent. The food was great. Everyone was extremely happy with the quality of the food. I would recommend this place to anyone.

G
Glenn

Married on 05/09/2010

Our daughter married in a small garden in St Augustine then we headed to the Reef for brunch as the reception. Great to work with. Accommodated us during their busy Sunday brunch. Delicious food!

Cojo4eva
Corie

Married on 03/27/2010

We could not have been more pleased with the Reef. Joyce, the event coordinator handled both our ceremony and reception. Leading up to the event she was always very responsive to emails and phone calls. I was planning from Houston, so it was really nice to know that she was there when I needed something. The vendor recommendations she gave us were also great! Joyce was so flexible in letting us set up early the day before the wedding and handling the set up the day of. The food was fabulous and we've gotten so many comments on the prime rib, stuffed shrimp and mashed potatoes being delicious. The staff was excellent. We had such a wonderful, worry-free wedding, and that is largely due to Joyce and the Reef.