Back to The Ruston Chapel

32 Reviews for The Ruston Chapel

Featured
Jackie

Married on 07/03/2016

I just can't say enough good things about my experience with The Ruston Chapel and the officiant Jan. My husband and I fell in love with the chapel as soon as we laid our eyes on it. It was everything we were looking for for our small intimate wedding. It's absolutely perfect in every way. Jan's expertise and personable personality help make our planning for the big day stress free. Our wedding day was everything I imagine. Our ceremony was touching and memorable not only for my husband and I but our guests as well. I had so many of my guests comments on how beautiful everything was and how Jan's service moved them. After the ceremony our license was submitted promptly (thanks to Jan) and waiting for us in mail when we returned from our honeymoon a week later. The only down side to my experience is that it had to end. Thank you Jan for everything you truly are heaven sent.

D
Debbie

Married on 03/11/2018

What a way to take the stress out of any event - Debbie does an amazing job and really made our effort easy - She has everything perfectly setup to ensure that things go off without a kink - Thank you Debbie! Robert & Debbie Johnson

The Ruston Chapel's reply:

Thank you Debbie & Robert. It was an honor to share in your celebration.
and thank you for your kind words... I sincerely appreciate it.
have a fantastic life together.
Happily..............Debbie

Jackie

Married on 11/24/2017

I don’t think words are enough to describe the incredible experience we had working with Debbie and her AMAZING staff at The Ruston Chapel. I planned a wedding from Arizona and Debbie had multiple solutions to every issue that arose during the planning process! We wanted a small, romantic, and intimate wedding and Debbie and her staff absolutely catered to our wants and needs! The options for centerpieces, linens, and decorations were a helpful with staying within our budget and our reception was beautiful. The location caters to couples who want beautiful photos at the waterfront and/or Point Defiance Park as they were both a short one to two minute drive! We are 100% statsified with our choice to celebrate our wedding day at The Ruston Chapel!

R
Regenia

Married on 08/25/2017

Mrs. Debbie is the Rock Star of all Wedding consultants/ Venues/ Ministers. When I say this is the most perfect place please believe me. I had a very small intimate wedding and Mrs Debbie made me feel like I had a million dollar wedding. Thank you Ruston Chapel for a truly unforgettable Wedding.

G
Grace

Married on 07/17/2017

The new owner, Debbie, is literally the sweetest woman ever! She was so helpful and took ALL of the stress out of planning a wedding! She did all of the setup and takedown for us for the ceremony and the reception. She was also so helpful with where to take pictures and how the ceremony should actually go! Debbie genuinely cares about each of her brides and was absolutely wonderful! ❤ *hint! She will happily host other events, too!

C
Carla

Married on 10/22/2016

I could not have had a better experience! Jan was absolutely wonderful... My wedding was absolutely beautiful it was everything I asked for! The Chapel was beautiful and Jan was always ready to help.

Heather
Heather

Married on 02/21/2016

Jan from the very beginning was an amazing coordinator for us. She was lively and excited to hear our story. The process of reserving the chapel was easy as well. I would highly recommend this chapel to anyone that wants a smaller white church feel or an intimate ceremony. Jan provided us with such a smooth wedding. She provided the table and chair linens as well as the cutlery, plates, and cups for our cake reception. We had such beautiful wedding... Thanks Jan!

User6409104

2+ years ago

Jan was very helpful and ensure that our ceremony went smoothly and orderly. She was on point with all details and we had a very memorable ceremony at the Ruston Chapel. I would recommend this chapel and Jan's services to anyone.

User6409402

2+ years ago

I had such a great experience at the Ruaton Chapel. Jan is an event planner, officiant, and all around awesome person to work with. You can tell she's done this a few times before! She thinks of every little detail and plays a huge role in making sure your wedding goes the way you planned. 100% recommend!

User4698616

2+ years ago

We found the perfect venue for our small wedding ceremony in the Ruston Chapel. It was charming and full of character. I loved it from the moment I stepped in, and couldn't have asked for a better location to get married. Thanks Jan and Scott!

Pamela

Married on 12/13/2014

The Ruston Chapel is a very special slice of Heaven and we will forever be grateful and cherish our wedding ceremony held on 12/13/14. Owner and our Officiant Jan, was incredibly helpful, supportive, Compassionate and genuine in every way. Jan answered all of our questions and provided consultation, planning and officiating. We chose to have the ceremony and reception package which was very reasonably priced. Our ceremony was personalized and truly exceeded all expectations. Nothing was missed and Jan was endlessly thoughtful to our needs and took time to get to know us. You welcomed and put us at ease at that very first meeting. You encouraged us to email or call and continue contacting you and you were consistently quick to respond. There were changes along the way and she assured us that we could make changes right up to the last moment if we desired.
Our ceremony included a remembrance candle for those who could not be there and wine box ceremony. Both were options Jan introduced to us after getting to know us.
The day of the wedding, Jan and Scott were constantly attentive, working very hard from start to finish. Jan also acted as our personal wedding planner at no extra charge! The venue was decorated to perfection and thank you for sharing in your creativity and décor!
We asked Jan for a few recommendations for food and cake options and she recommended several however, we were free to choose whomever we wanted. We did choose a Bakery in Tacoma and that cake was delicious! On our wedding day everyone complimented the venue, décor, lovely ceremony and the food.
Jan was such a treasure and it was an honor to have you be such an important part of our special day. We absolutely could not recommend you and your venue enough!

Pam and Michelle

A
Amber

Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I loved this chapel from the moment we walked through the doors. Jan, the owner was extremely helpful. She was very helpful and made planning for our big day easy. Everything at the chapel was set up for our day just the way Jan and I talked about. She has the chapel set up and you can add your own flowers and choose what color bows you would like on the chairs. The chapel is so beautiful the way she has it and it doesn't require must decorating. At our rehearsal Jan was right there helping us set by step. We could not have doe it without her. The day of the wedding she made things super simple for us. She made sure everyone and everything was right where it needed to be. I would highly recommend this chapel.

Sherrard

Married on 08/31/2014

First: let me start by saying that although this venue is wonderful, what you're really paying for is Jan, the owner and operator, who is completely amazing. She does so much work that the venue normally wouldn't do. She really takes away a lot of the stress of planning a wedding ceremony and reception and makes sure your day runs smoothly.

The best value that Jan provides is accessibility and flexibility. If you send a question, she gets back to you right away. She's flexible in changing plans as well. She works with you beforehand and day of to make sure everything happens on time. She's constantly scanning the room making sure everything's going smoothly. In addition, she provides additional services like providing drinks service and serving the cake.

The chapel itself is lovely. The main room is beautiful and has great acoustics. Jan has her own decorations that you can use, but you can also bring your own. In addition, there is ample (separate) rooms for the bride and groom to get ready and a small kitchen where drinks and cakes can be prepared.

Make no mistake, this is a modest space. It's beautiful, but it's not immaculate. It has a "country church" feel, which was perfect for us. If you plan on having your ceremony and reception here, plan on keeping your guest list under 50. We did that and had a great time. It was exactly what we were looking for for our modest but nice wedding.

We'd highly recommend the Ruston Chapel both for the space and for the service you'll receive. Thanks to Jan, our day was exactly what we wanted.

Julie

Married on 07/19/2014

Without a doubt, the most beautiful place for a couple to begin their incredible journey together. From the moment my husband and I met with Jan, we knew we'd made the right choice for our wedding venue. Knowing that planning a wedding can be a very stressful time in a couple's life, she made us feel right at home like we'd been friends for years.

Jan obviously loves what she does very much and it shows when she works her magic of keeping everything on schedule, calming the nervous couple and keeping things light, fun and happy. Combine this with her impeccable professionalism and attention to detail, and well, our wedding turned out exactly the way she said it would... Beautiful.

The Chapel's location is fabulous as well. Right next to Point Defiance park, Jan suggested the photographer take some pre-ceremony pictures in the rose gardens at the park. They turned out so beautiful! We couldn't be happier.

Everyone wants their wedding day to be beautiful and magical. Our's truly was. Thank you so much..

Paula and Nick

Married on 05/17/2014

We could not have been more happy with how our beautiful wedding took place. Our officiant Jan from the Ruston Chapel made everything so real and perfect.

We will forever recommended this venue and Jan from the moment we had our first meeting until the last minute at the Chapel.

We are forever grateful!

Justine

Married on 04/12/2014

My husband and I loved this place. The owners are so nice and personalize everything! You can tell the owners truly care about their costumers. Hilly recommend! :)

T
Tiffany

Married on 12/21/2013

We could not have ask for more. Everything was perfect. Thank you to Jan and Steve for making my mother's day so memorable. I would highly recommend The Ruston Chapel and you never know, you could be seeing me there sometime down the road. :-)
Thank you again for everything.

K
Kam

Married on 09/07/2013

We looked far and wide for venues that suited our needs. Originally, we had talked about eloping, but realized we had a number of people that wanted to make the trip with us. As we were planning a same-sex wedding from out of state and weren't going to make a trip to the venue beforehand, we definitely felt challenged to find a suitable place. Most venues were either much too large or were over the top for our needs. In searching high and low on the internet, we came across The Ruston Chapel. Such a great find! Marquelle was quick to respond, provided us with two key recommendations (officiant and photographer) and essentially functioned as a wedding planner. On our wedding day, we arrived to a stunning chapel that incorporated our colors. Marquelle has really put a lot of thought into the space and it shows. I was completely unaware of the area in the back of the chapel where Beth and I could go to get dressed and ready, speak to the officiant about last minute details and get in the head space to walk down the aisle. So perfect! If you're looking for a quaint, gorgeous little space, owned and operated by a very helpful and thoughtful Marquelle, that is perfectly decorated and about a block away from one of the best outdoor backdrops for wedding pictures ever - The Ruston Chapel is the place you want to book. Thank you, Marquelle!

Stacey

Married on 09/07/2013

Marquelle is wonderful and provided us with a memorable day that flowed very well and we didn't have to worry about anything but having a good time.

Paige

Married on 08/24/2013

OMG! My wedding renewal was so beautiful! The owner Marquelle was so helpful, I didn't have to worry about anything. Thank you soo much, words cannot explain how appreciative we are! The set up was absolutely gorgeous!

Sasha

Married on 08/04/2013

Absolutely the best part about our wedding was this venue and the venue owner, Marquelle. She was the rock through the entire process. My emails, texts and calls were always answered VERY quickly, she had all the answers I needed and then some. The chapel is beautiful, and the location of the chapel is absolutely perfect. About two blocks away from the chapel is an amazing park that's perfect for the posed photos for before and or after the wedding. Inside the chapel the bridal suite was perfect for our pre wedding preparations and gathering. The chandeliers in this chapel are so beautiful, they are captured really well in photos. My favorite part about this chapel is the big red door in the front! We were worried about the reception and ceremony being in the same room, but it was perfect and worked out swimmingly. Marquelle really goes above and beyond to make her brides and grooms happy! I really don't know what I would have done if we went some place else, because I truly feel like I couldn't have done it without her. She kept the reception going, kept the food and drinks coming and even controlled the music. Thank you so much Marquelle! You and your chapel gave me the wedding of my dreams!

Stephanie

Married on 07/07/2013

My husband and I had the most beautiful experience on Sunday for our wedding. Marquelle is not only a very professional owner she a great coordinator and planner. She put my bride nerves at ease on Sunday. Always answered my questions quickly. It was a dream come true of our small but special day. I would highly recommended the Ruston Chapel for not only the price, customer service, and friendliness, but also for the beauty the small chapel provides.

L
Lorraine

Married on 06/23/2013

Loved having my wedding at the Ruston Chapel! We originally wanted to elope but decided to have something small so our parents could be there. Marquelle was amazing and helped us create a package that fit our budget and needs being we have a parent that is disabled. She was so quick to respond to all our questions and helpful at the rehearsal. We had some pretty funny mishaps but our wedding was everything we wanted and we and our guests had some great laughs. If you are wanting a simple or small wedding this is the place to go! The chapel is amazing and I loved having the room in the back to get ready. You won't go wrong having your wedding here.
Lorraine :-)

L
Lindsay

Married on 06/22/2013

I loved my small summer wedding at The Ruston Chapel! The chapel itself was beautiful! Marquelle, the new owner, is amazing. She is kind, understanding of all things wedding-related, and really goes out of her way to make your day special for you. She has spent a lot of time renovating the chapel, and let me tell you, it is looking wonderful! Look no further for a wonderful, romantic place to get married!

Sherena

Married on 06/15/2013

The experience I had with the Ruston Chapel was 5 stars all around. Marquelle was extremely flexible, would get back with me promptly, and very understanding. She helped make our special day just that, special. Everything ran so smoothly. Thank you Marquelle!