Back to The Springdale House & Gardens

B
Brittni Black

Married on 10/19/2018

Springdale House and Gardens

Very responsive, caring, and friendly! They did an amazing job with everything!

K
Katlyn

Married on 04/07/2018

Top notch service, food, and people at The Springdale House! Ms. Kathy, Jennifer, & Kevin made sure we had the best day ever! We were treated like family and love the beautiful Springdale House layout. Highly recommend!

L
LYNN

Married on 11/04/2017

I held my son's rehearsal dinner at the SDH and it was an awesome experience! I wish they had changed the wedding to this venue. The staff was very professional and easy to work with. We loved it!

K
Katelyn

Married on 06/17/2017

I planned my wedding from out of town and took at short trip to Columbia to tour a bunch of reception venues. None of them were the right price and feel, but then I discovered Springdale House online. I booked it sight unseen and it ended up being perfect. It is a bit far from downtown, but they had plenty of parking. We held our hors d'oeuvres in the mansion and had the dinner in the reception hall. We did our cake cutting on the back piazza and had cornhole and the bar outside. It was a beautiful location to take pictures. I thought the banquet hall was a good size for our 70-something guests to have a sit-down dinner. There was just enough room for the tables, dance floor, and buffet line. Ms. Kathy was so sweet and easy to work with and you could tell she wanted to make sure our day was exactly what we were hoping for. Planning from a distance, I liked that they did catering and gave you options to choose from. The food was delicious, especially the crab cakes and the mac and cheese supreme! We got lots of compliments from guests on how yummy dinner was! For the quality, it was also much cheaper than most other options I had looked into in the area. This is a great venue for an indoor or outdoor wedding and I would definitely recommend it!

E
Ellen

Married on 04/30/2016

The first venue in the area to actually answer the phone when I called! Had issues with other venues not even returning calls or responding to emails. The ladies at the Springdale House and Gardens were always polite and prompt in response. They made you feel like family and did their best to make every wedding wish come true.

User4422438

2+ years ago

We had such a great experience using springdale house. They were easy to work with and super helpful since we had no idea what we were doing planning a wedding. The food was amazing and the place looks great for Christmas. I would use them again and recommend them to anyone!

L
Lyndsay

Married on 05/18/2013

Beautiful place with a wonderful staff. The food was so good and they made my wedding day so great! They even let us try out our food before we made a final decision! Great place for any event!

Angela
Angela

Married on 03/29/2013

I had an awesome experience with the Springdale House. My wedding was March 29, 2013. The staff was amazing! They are so friendly and listen to what you really want. They don't rush you and make it all about the money as many other places do. The linens, the arbor, the venue and all were just lovely. I wanted a space that provided an area for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and it was perfect! I was a bride on a tight budget and was skeptical of finding a nice venue within my price range. To my surprise they were very affordable and worked with me. Even though I had a lot of DIY projects, anything you need, they have it there. The food was absolutely wonderful. There was none left at the end of the night. Family members were asking for recopies:-) Be sure to try the broccoli casserole!

I will surely choose them again for any other special functions!

User2701235

2+ years ago

3.2

The Historic Springdale House & Gardens is a beautiful place to get married. I was afraid, with our wedding being in November, that the gardens wouldn't look so great but they do a nice job keeping the venue beautiful. The house is convenient for getting ready and the pavilion is very spacious for receptions. We did have our issues with the venue however. Even though *most* of the food was delicious(all of our guests thought the smashed potatoes were gravy) I would of liked to of had the opportunity to try the food first, which we were never given the chance to do. As for Responsiveness & professionalism: Robin was the only one that I was ever able to get in touch with. I would call and leave voicemails and never receive a call back, but if I could get in touch with her I'd be okay. Also, a couple of the ladies came out dancing with my guests at the reception, this is just my point of view, but I do not find that to be professional behavior. As far as I'm concerned they were working for us, not guests there to have fun. One last tip I have for you if you are planning on using Springdale, If you bring your own anything(décor, cake stand, ect. ) Make sure you label it with a name & get it before the night is over. We had an issue with a cake stand that "wasn't ours, it belonged to them". Luckily I thought ahead & labeled.