Back to The Standard, Wedding & Event Group

15 Reviews for The Standard, Wedding & Event Group

A
Abbie

Married on 03/28/2015

We had Brian and Jake as our DJ and Photographer - They were both fantastic! Brian kept the party going with a great variety of music and was a great MC for the night. He kept things flowing smoothly without being intrusive. Jake's photo were amazing! We received them back literally within a week and a half and we were thrilled with ALL of them. He worked great with the style and approach that we want. We couldn't be more thrilled! Thanks!

C
Cara

Married on 03/21/2015

We couldn't be anymore happier with our photographer Rami and DJ Brian; these guys are true professionals and experienced in what they do! We booked The Standard as part of our venue package. At first we were unsure what to expect, given that there would be no face-to-face meetings, any communication, or assignment of staff until just weeks before the wedding. However, after our first phone conversation, I knew we were really in good hands! The Standard's online planning actually made the entire process so easy! Both Rami and Brian reached out in advance to go over the final plans and details. They made themselves available for contact if anything changed last minute. Rami was incredibly friendly, organized through the day, and made sure to get all of the important shots as well as fun candids! Our pictures were absolutely gorgeous! He made sure to get a mix of formals as well as creatives. We received our photos super fast (about 3 weeks) and were incredibly happy with the shots and editing! We were so lucky to have Rami's talent capture our special day! Brian was super fun and really knew how to keep the dance floor packed all night long! He has a great DJ voice, awesome sound system and equipment, and truly understands how to entertain the crowd. Furthermore, Brian is an overall good guy who truly wanted to best for our day. My guests are still talking about how much fun the had at our wedding! If we could do it all over again, we would've hired Rami and Brian in a heartbeat! We highly recommend booking The Standard!

T
T

Married on 02/14/2015

We used The Standard Wedding and event group at our daughter’s wedding. DJ Brian did a fantastic job keeping things in order, moving things along, and keeping us dancing. Our photographer, Rami, made sure to get all of the special pictures that we wanted. Both were very professional, easy to work with and really made sure to include all of the bride’s must haves. Thank you!

M
Matt

Married on 03/22/2014

We booked a package deal through our venue that included Standard Events for both DJ services and Photography. We weren't sure what we were getting because it was through a package. The photographer contacted us and got ideas of what we were looking for from photography, was very willing to work with us, and was promptly where we asked him to be for the entire day. He made sure that his gear was properly prepped so that we never were waiting on him. We got our photos back really quick, we got some really great photographs of our event, and after the wedding Standard was very willing to work with us to make sure we were satisfied. Definitely recommend.

E
Emily

Married on 02/22/2014

I can't say enough about the Standard! We used them for our DJ and photography and couldn't be happier. Not only was the music perfect but our DJ Chad was so much fun and the guests loved his music choices. He kept the dance floor going all night! Our photographer was amazing! Not only did Rami make all of us feel comfortable but he was so incredibly friendly and made for an awesome day. His photos are incredible. He is so talented and everyone is raving about his work!

S
Samantha

Married on 07/21/2012

I just got married and we LOVED the standard! We hired them for both the dj and photography for our wedding. Our DJ was amazing. He was younger and really good. Not tacky at all. Plus we LOVE LOVE our photos. I would recommend these guys to anyone. I can't believe how good the services were considering what we paid.

User2589044

2+ years ago

I can't say enough about the standard. We found them at a show and booked on the spot. It was a great decision. The website planning tools made our wedding planning a breeze. And I love our photos!

J
Jamie

Married on 07/07/2012

We received beautiful photos from the standard. I would highly recommend them!

User2589579

2+ years ago

We hired The Standard to provide a DJ for our wedding. We were very, very happy. The service was great. Our DJ was fantastic. Very professional. Kept things moving and everyone had fun. I would definitely recommend them.

Jane
Jane

Married on 05/26/2012

We got John as our DJ and Ryan as our photographer. What a great combination! They worked together and kept everything going perfectly all night! My dance floor was never ever empty. My guests had a blast and WOW were the photos amazing. I got my photos in 1 week! They were waiting for me when we got back from our honeymoon. What a nice thing to come home to. :)

The Standard.. THANK YOU!

Abby
Abby

Married on 04/28/2012

We were SO happy to have chosen The Standard. Brian was an AMAZING DJ and Kristen was an AMAZING photographer. From the first time we talked to both of them we knew we had made the right choice.

We liked the way we could plan everything online. It really made things easy. We were both just too busy with work to be driving all over the place for meetings. Why more vendors don't work like the standard is beyond me. Definitely the best choice we made with our wedding.

Caralynn
Caralynn

Married on 04/01/2012

EXCELLENT! Love this company! We had so much fun at our wedding. Our photos are amazing. But seriously though, this is the company to book. Don't fall for a lot of these companies that are charging so much money. I've been to so many weddings over the past couple of years and we had the best dj and photo of all of them, and many of my friends paid more than we did.

I can't recommend them enough. The standard is GREAT.

B
Betsy

Married on 02/04/2012

I hired the standard for our wedding because we wanted a good photographer but didn't want to break the bank. It was our second marriage for both of us so the photos were important but not something we wanted to spend our whole budget on. When it was all said and done though, we got much more than we paid for. Our photos are fabulous. In fact, we just ordered a 4 foot tall print for our new house. So excited!

M
Megan

Married on 01/07/2012

Couldn't be happier with our photos. Simply stunning. I highly recommend the standard. We are so happy we found them!

User4638194

1.0

We do not recommend going with The Standard and whole-heartedly regret doing so. We went through so much stress dealing with them. Here are the details of our experience: We hadn’t received any info as to who our photographer was going to be, going on 3 wks before the wedding. We tried contacting them via email/phone several times w/ no response. We became very concerned that maybe they went out of business, so we looked up one of the owners on LinkedIn and contacted him on his cell and he apologized that no one had reached out to us yet. He said there were problems with their website & phone system.
On the day of the wedding, our photographer was on time and very pleasant to work with, but after receiving the photos, the quality of work was not there. Some were taken at awkward angles, the lighting off, people’s heads in important shots, and some shots that we requested that were not included. We didn’t receive any shots of the ceremony processional of parents or bridal party, which is absolutely unacceptable. We actually received photos back with the lighting lamp and tripod leg in shots.
After the wedding, we became concerned when we received no communication from The Standard after 2 wks. They state on their website that “you will receive your photos back in 2 weeks or less. Guaranteed. Most couples receive them back before they return from their honeymoon.”
We left voicemails/emails with no response. Finally almost 1 month later we got our photos. Their excuse was a breakdown in communication w/ 1 of their employees.
The lack of editing was unacceptable. About 95% of the photos given to us were unedited, with large objects in the background that clearly should have been cropped out had they been given any attention, off-centered, and the lighting in many was awful. Only a handful had any kind of professional touch. To resolve our complaint, they refunded us ½ of our package price. I bought Photoshop and spent HOURS editing my own photos.