Back to The Sycamore at Mallow Run

24 Reviews for The Sycamore at Mallow Run

Karlee

Married on 08/17/2019

Spectacular

This venue is to die for! My husband and I continue to hear rave reviews from our guests with how blown away they were with this space! Not only do you barely need decor here (because of how breathtaking it is on its own), but the staff is also phenomenal to work with! They are very attentive and will do whatever they can to make your day absolutely perfect! No doubt would recommend this venue. I want to continue to relive our special day over and over again! :)

Cathy
Cathy Tooley

Married on 06/23/2019

Great location

Thank you Sycamore at Mallow Run. If you are looking for a beautiful and affordable location look no more. The staff is great. The location is stunning and the venue is top notch. Loved, Loved, Loved it!

Nicole
Nicole

Married on 06/15/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue!

Our dream wedding was made possible thanks to The Sycamore at Mallow Run! This was only the second venue we toured when we began planning our wedding, and we were sold from the moment we walked through the front doors. The location and facilities are absolutely beautiful and the perfect mix of rustic and modern. Furthermore, the staff are truly dedicated to making sure that your wedding day is perfect. We loved how everything was on-site, from the ceremony and reception areas to the bridal/groom suites. Our venue coordinator, Bobbi, was a dream to work with. She was flexible, communicative, and friendly. We received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was, despite the torrential rains we had on our wedding day! We really can't say enough good things and look forward to recommending this venue to all of our family and friends in the future!

J
Jenny Miller

Married on 03/10/2019

Wonderful venue

We loved the Sycamore and Libby our coordinator! We were able to customize our day to be exactly what we hoped for. They couldn’t have made it an easier for us.

Andrea
Andrea Rice

Married on 12/28/2018

Best Venue Ever

We fell in love with the Sycamore from the moment that we saw it! Not only is it beautiful inside and outside, but their staff is downright amazing. We had Autumn as our wedding coordinator and she was a true JOY! She was so incredibly quick to respond to emails, flexible with the bar package that we choose, and was on it on the day of the wedding. Autumn is truly someone who you want to be involved in your wedding from the small to large details. She will help you every step of the way.

We are so happy that we choose the sycamore to get married at! Every single guest told us how beautiful and nice the venue was. They also have an outdoor area with fire-pits and heaters where guests can go out and enjoy the beautiful night.

The bar service was also fantastic! They made great cocktails, provided so many options for beer and wine, and even let us have a couple cocktail (which was amazing). They were so far I don't think people hardly stood in line for a drink.

Thank you Autumn and staff for truly making our day so incredibly special.

If you are looking for a venue - stop looking and go booth sycamore!

Beatrice
Beatrice K Peterson

Married on 11/18/2018

Great Bobby Peterdon was our coordinator and went out of her way to make sure our day was perfect

They were amazing they helped keep everything simple. They were here to answer questions and help us find great vendors and make everything go smoothly

Kelli
Kelli

Married on 11/03/2018

Rustic Elegance

This was the perfect venue for us. We don't like to do a lot of decorating, and didn't need to with this venue. Perfect outdoor area for our fall wedding.
Bobbi our coordinator was amazing and on top of it all!

Becca
Becca

Married on 10/06/2018

The perfect wedding venue.

The Sycamore was the perfect wedding venue for my fiance and I. We worked with Kim, and she was incredibly accommodating, easy to work with, and so stinkin' sweet the entire process - from our venue tour, to answering all of my MOH & I's (millions) of questions, organizing the rehearsal & details, to executing the perfect day!

We got married on a rainy December day, but the gorgeous venue, vineyards, and intricate details created the best scenery for our photos & memories. We've heard several comments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was.

I will highly recommend The Sycamore to friends & family in the future!

Theresa
Theresa

Married on 09/29/2018

I can't say enough good things about this venue. The coordination and communication with JScot, Venue Director, was incredible. He was fantastic through the whole process. And kept my mother entertained with wine.
Lol. The setting was perfect, the room and ceremony was set up to my specific specifications. The staff was accommodating and made my day perfect. I can't thank you all enough... You have one happy bride.

Kendall

Married on 09/29/2018

Guys! I can't begin to express how amazing the people at The Sycamore are. We had the best experience from beginning to end. They get involved in your journey and make sure it is everything you want and then some. I love this family that runs it and the people they employ. They are up and coming and is a place to check out and book for sure!

Ashley
Ashley

Married on 09/16/2018

Perfect Venue

I wanted a gorgeous venue and I had a smaller guest count (we did a very intimate ceremony of 80 people). When I came across this venue I knew it was perfect and the smaller homestead room was a perfect fit. The team is very flexible and once I was assigned someone for my wedding it was a breeze. Bridgette was absolutely amazing, cannot recommend her enough. She really cared about our event and made us feel so special. My favorite part was the horse drawn carriage ride to my outdoor ceremony. Apparently I was the first one to do this?! It was so pretty. And the fireworks were amazing. Mallow run is one of my favorite wines as well. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Very affordable, gorgeous for pics, and they are easy to work with.

L
Linda

Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful venue, great wedding planner that is included with your package. I would highly recommend both the Sycamore and Kim Walls, event planner.

Holly
Holly Lawson

Married on 08/18/2018

Magical Venue - Highly Recommend!

We had our wedding in August 2018 at The Sycamore at Mallow Run, a fairly-new event center that’s down the road from Mallow Run Winery just south of Indianapolis. Planning a wedding can be a stressful time, but everything about The Sycamore helped mitigate that stress – the beautiful, calm setting; the convenience of the facilities; and the proactive, accommodating staff.

After touring more than a half-dozen venues in the Indianapolis area (and looking at more online) we picked The Sycamore because of a calm feeling we felt there. With tall ceilings, large windows and lots of natural wood/stone (surrounded by a forest and vineyard), The Sycamore offers the beauty of an outdoor setting while still giving you a modern, indoor venue.

We booked the Estate Room, and felt it provided plenty of room of our 150+ guest count. But what’s really great is that we were able to do everything on-site at The Sycamore – getting ready in their bridal/groom suites, the ceremony outside in a structure near the vineyard, the cocktail hour in their lobby, our photos right outside and the reception in the large hall.

But perhaps the best thing about The Sycamore is its all-star staff. Libby, our event coordinator, went above and beyond in making sure we had every detail covered for our big day. The entire Sycamore team accommodated all of our requests – they’re the absolute best!

We thoroughly recommend The Sycamore for your wedding – we had a great experience with this venue!

B
Brittany

Married on 06/15/2018

The sycamore was absolutely gorgeous and helped make my wedding as perfect as it could be! I highly recommend this venue and Bridgette as the day of planner!

M
Marcie

Married on 03/17/2018

My daughter was married at The Sycamore at Mallow Run last weekend, March 17, 2018. It was the most beautiful setting and we worked with the absolute BEST staff anywhere around! Kim was our coordinator and she was beyond helpful, making sure that the wedding was perfect! I HIGHLY recommend this venue! We used one of their preferred caterers, Sweet and Savory catering out of Indianapolis. The food was delicious... Dinner, cake, and all! Thank you everyone who helped us pull off a dream day for my daughter and her new husband!

R
Rebecca

Married on 03/10/2018

I got married at the Sycamore earlier this year in March. My day was absolutely beautiful! My event coordinator, Kim, was very helpful while I was planning my event, and was amazing at coordinating the day of. My maid of honor, who has been in 5-10 weddings already, said it was the smoothest coordination she had ever had during the day of a wedding. I was mainly behind the scenes while they worked with the DJ and other vendors. Laura was also very helpful and timely as I began planning my wedding in the months prior. The sycamore was very flexible in that they were able to accommodate all of our requests, include a date change for our wedding. I loved how open and beautiful the event space was - we never felt crowded and guests had the ability to explore, between the gallery, main room, and beautiful porches. This is a perfect space for someone who wants the feel of an outdoorsy wedding (as the location has options for both indoor and outdoor weddings). I would definitely recommend the Sycamore for anyone planning a wedding (or other events as well)!

V
Veronica

Married on 12/03/2017

Absolutely Gorgeous! Everything was perfect! They let us visit the site multiple times! Helped us try to find other vendors! Listened and make everything exactly what we wanted! Couldn't have asked for more!

M
Maggie

Married on 11/25/2017

We had our wedding at the Sycamore at Mallow Run on 11/25/2017. When we first started planning, we were still toying with the idea of having a destination wedding with a reception back home. But as soon as we saw the Sycamore, all of those thoughts went out of the window. Any photo of the venue that you see is beautiful, but it really can’t be done justice until you see it in person. There is no other venue out there like it, and we are still so thankful that we were able to have our wedding there. Laura, Autumn and the entire staff were incredibly accommodating and so helpful, and they made sure everything at the wedding went off without a hitch. I would absolutely recommend a wedding at the Sycamore to anyone who asked!

Married on 11/16/2017

This venue was literally perfect for my wedding. I couldn’t have imagined it being any more beautiful. The venue itself has natural beauty with a rustic yet elegant feel so there isn’t a need for a lot of other decorations. Kim Walls was amazing to work with and it is evident that she cares for every one of her brides. There are two bridal suites that make getting rest fun and easy as well as a “groom den” outside. I love the natural feel, fireplaces, and scenery of the entire property. I would 100% recommend, my wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect.

Married on 11/16/2017

R
Rebecca

Married on 04/29/2017

Wonder venue. Hannah and Laura are always so helpful. I loved the Sycamore!

J
Jessica Walters

Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful venue

My husband and I had our reception in the smaller Homestead Room and ceremony just outside. We could not have been more pleased with the venue. It was beautiful - lots of natural light. We had great weather so having a covered patio was excellent and during dancing our guests who did not want to dance had a space to get away and be able to hear each other.

We had between 75-80 guests - the room accommodated this number well. Our coordinator was great to work with. Set up/tear down are all done by the venue and they provide linens, napkins, etc which was a definite plus. I was told that tear down took my family 10 minutes after we left which was how I wanted it. We felt this was a great value for the cost of the rental. Highly recommend!

Danielle
Danielle

Married on 10/28/2018

Just Gorgeous

Our wedding was on October 28th and it was so amazing! Our ceremony was in the Homestead room and then we moved to the Estate room for the reception. All your needs can be met in one place with The Sycamore. When we first started the process of booking the location, there were a few hiccups but the staff at The Sycamore worked to fix those hiccups three fold. Bridgette was our coordinator and she was just the best! She made sure that our day went off without a hitch and it was truly the best day of our lives! Many times when you look at a venue online it isn't as gorgeous in person, well The Sycamore truly is! If you are looking for a beautiful winery wedding venue with an awesome staff look no further than The Sycamore!

Katie

Married on 03/25/2018

2.1

The Sycamore venue is beautiful and we are happy we chose to have our wedding there. There are a few things that we feel they could improve on though. One of the biggest issues was that other potential clients were being shown around while we were trying to decorate and prepare for our day. Several groups and individuals were nosing around at our decor for quite a long period of time and we felt like they clearly didn’t belong there. Several guests from the wedding next door kept hanging around until I had to tell them they didn’t belong on our side.
Also, the table cloths that the Sycamore staff put on the guestbook table and gift table were terribly wrinkled and looked bad. I’m glad we had a steamer with us and had the time to steam the table cloths because that was one of the first things guests see when they arrive.
Our other issue was with our appointed coordinator Kim. She really needs to learn to listen and take notes and then look at her notes! She asked some of the same questions every time we met or spoke with her and then still forgot things on the day of the wedding. For example, she had told us when we first met with her that Sycamore staff would take care of putting out our appetizers/snacks in the gallery while the ceremony was going on. I had asked her to double check and make sure this would be done. Then on the day of the wedding she asked me who I had to do this! I told her she had told me her staff would and she said “Oh, I forgot”. This is just one example. She is very nice and tries to be helpful but she really needs to pay better attention and listen.
There was a worker that sat up the chairs, etc. And she was an awesome worker. I wish I could remember her name because she went above and beyond!
We were very happy with our florist, Shane White from Crister’s Florist in Morgantown, our caterer Sweet & Savory