Back to Thomas A. Welch

Erica
Erica Carmody

Married on 07/12/2019

Wonderful Ceremony!

We are so happy we chose Tom as our officiant.
People assumed he was a family friend because the ceremony was so personal and heartfelt. Our guests came up to us all night to compliment the ceremony!
Tom was also the most responsive vendor I worked with. Without exaggeration, Tom would consistently reply to my emails within 30 minutes. Of course I didn't expect such promptness, but it made me feel very at ease!

L
Lori

Married on 09/23/2018

Our consultation with Thomas was great. We immediately knew that we wanted him to be the officiant for our ceremony. He shared with us how he goes through the ceremony and we were able to put together exactly how we want our day to be. Our wedding isn’t until September 2018, but I know we made the right choice with Thomas Welch. Professional, caring and I almost cried just listening to how perfect the ceremony sounded when he was going through the details.

Lena
Lena

Married on 08/11/2018

Perfect for us!

Thomas Welch was the perfect officiant for our August 2018 Boston wedding. We met with at least 3 different officiants beforehand and just followed our gut.
I contacted Mr. Welch through wedding wire and heard back almost immediately and arranged to meet at his house. I was sold the second Mr, Welch answered my (now) husband's first question about how much time the ceremony was going to take. He said "22 and 1/2 minutes."
LOVED IT! He was able to recite pretty much any and every part of the ceremony by heart which made us feel incredibly reassured.
We received some readings and other helpful materials and emailed back and forth just a few more times before the ceremony with questions and finalizing readings and our vows.
The day of, everything went smoothly and we could not have wished for a better person marrying us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,
Lena & Robert

Kristen
Kristen Colligan

Married on 08/08/2018

Look no further- you've found the perfect one!!

I assume that you're looking for a Justice of the Peace (you're here, after all- and Tom is the perfect one for you). No matter what you are looking for; he's the man for the job! Are you wanting a simple, legal union of two souls or an elaborate, formal affair? Tom is your guy. Are you scatterbrained and disorganized, with no idea of what you want (as I was) or do you know exactly what you have in mind? Tom is there to walk through your journey with you!
I firmly believe that Tom is the man who can fit/meet any of your needs; he's patient, attentive and flexible, with an easy-going nature from start to finish. Looking for someone who is well versed in both traditional and/or religious ceremonies? Or maybe something a little more modern/different? Tom is still the Justice of the peace that you will want to work with. He's performed many ceremonies with culturally specific expression; Asian, African, Indian and Jewish to name a few- many a wedding celebrated under a chuppah, with signing of ketuba and breaking of the glass.
He was an absolute godsend for this first time bride! Most of all I loved the light and life that this gentleman emitted from start to finish. Any jitters or nerves will be soothed as you come to see that he truly loves this work and is absolutely TOPS at it to boot.

S
Shanaya

Married on 05/26/2018

Mr. Welch was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is the most kind person ever!
Thank you for the lovely wedding service you provided us on 5/26/18. We, as well as all of our guests loved the ceremony and we could not have asked for a better officiant. You have been an absolute pleasure to work with. You were so responsive to emails! You are so kind and great at what you do. We cannot thank you enough! From our visit to your home we knew you would be the one we chose to share our day with. Even the day of you came in to wish us well before the ceremony which really touched our hearts. Thank you for everything! We hope to cross paths with you again in the future.

Sincerely,
Evans and Shanaya Jacques

Alison

Married on 09/16/2017

Tom was amazing, a real class act. He's everything I wanted in an officiant and more. I knew the moment we met that he was the perfect JP. It was an honor having him part of our day.

N
Nicole

Married on 06/03/2017

What can I say, Thomas was fabulous! We planned to have a family friend fly in to officiate the wedding but that fell through. So we were nervous about what to do next. I found Thomas and immediately liked the way he looked-very caring and paternal. He made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable at his home! He explained a lot and we realized we really had and no idea what a ceremony entailed. His advise was priceless. Many vows for us to choose from and options for ceremony rituals (sand, rose, broom jumping, etc.). If I emailed him I would barely press send before seeing his response in my in-box!

He was outstanding at the ceremony. Well dressed, well spoken and you would have thought he knew us for years! His readings and gathering words we so thoughtful and sincere. I made sure to savor every word he said as I knew that out of every part of the wedding, that was the most important! I didn't want to go home and feel that I missed his words because I was nervous. He made us feel so comfortable with his thoughtful smiles! He mentioned the name of my cat who passed after 19 years and the guests loved it! Thank you Thomas-I am so glad you were a part of our special day!

C
Caitlin

Married on 05/14/2017

Tom gave us the most beautiful and perfect ceremony. It was an emotional and profound ceremony, while also keeping to our wishes of being relatively brief. We received SO many compliments. My mother was pretty unhappy with me having a non-Catholic wedding at a hotel, but Tom did such a beautiful job with the ceremony, she was in tears the whole time and still can't stop talking about how much she loved it! Tom is extremely experienced, and it shows. I wouldn't change a thing. Look no further!

M
Mikayla

Married on 10/01/2016

If you are looking for an officiant, you need to have Tom for your wedding! He was an absolute pleasure to work with. We met with him in person prior to the wedding so he could talk with us and get to know us a bit. We were unsure if we wanted to do readings and what type of vows we wanted or if we wanted to create our own. Tom provided us with options for vows, readings and rituals. He allows you to create the ceremony you want. He was very professional and is extremely experienced. He includes your guests into the ceremony which you rarely see. We were going back and forth between having someone we know get a license for the day to marry us or hiring a professional. I can honestly say we are extremely happy we hired Tom! He is the best!

User6026941

2+ years ago

Tom is an amazing guy and such a pleasure to work with. Even our guests were commenting after the ceremony how great he was. Would definitely recommend him.

Amy

Married on 09/19/2015

If you are looking for a officiant who will help make your special day go smoothly look no further! I contacted Thomas a mere 12 days before our wedding. Our previous officiant had fallen through and I had to scramble to find someone to fill in. I can honestly say Thomas surpassed any and all expectations I had. He was extremely prompt in emailing me back and provided plenty of readings , different vow styles and a ceremony layout. It was very comforting that he was so prompt because even though I was getting married in Massachusetts I live in Pennsylvania and we would not have time to meet or do a run through before hand. The day of the ceremony Thomas was right on time and kept the ceremony brief like we wanted yet still made it feel very personal. I would highly recommend that anyone looking for an officiant for their special day not hesitate to contact him!

User5109771

2+ years ago

Tom did such a lovely job officiating our ceremony. He was most helpful with the planning process with many options for readings and special inclusions (mothers lighting candles).

gwinnybee
Sara

Married on 07/24/2015

Tom was an excellent JP for our wedding! When we first met him last August, I knew right away that I wanted him to marry us... I got tears in my eyes just hearing him say what the ceremony typically sounds like! The ceremony was short (about 15-20 minutes) and we were able to write our own vows, although at our first meeting Tom had given us vow samples, as well as reading samples to pick from. We had requested a non-religious ceremony, which was not an issue, although I do believe that he can make the ceremony more religious if that was preferred. Tom was easy to reach via e-mail, and replied quickly. Many guests have already complimented us on Tom and the ceremony!

Ashley

Married on 02/28/2015

Selecting an officiant is one of the hardest things to do for those who do not have a friend, family member, or pastor who can serve in that role, and we weren't exactly sure where to start. We consulted with some of our vendors to see if they had any suggestions, and THREE of them separately and independently recommended Tom Welch, so we decided that we had to meet with him. Once we did, we were sold! Tom is so kind and speaks so gently and almost lyrically, and while we ran through what he might say and what our vows might be, we knew that our ceremony was going to be something special and unique, which is just what we wanted. He has many suggestions from the thousands of weddings that he has performed, but he also is completely flexible if there is anything that the couple might want that's a little out of the ordinary. As for most brides and grooms, the ceremony was a bit of a blur for us as it was happening, but we received more compliments on that part of our wedding than almost any other element, and when we were able to view the ceremony in our Next Level Films wedding video a few months later, we remembered just how lovely and touching Tom's ceremony was.

Alyssa

Married on 10/03/2014

We got married on October 3, 2014 by Thomas Welch. We could have not asked for a better officiant. He made our ceremony feel intimate and special and really pulled the crowd in. He made all of our guests feel like they were truly a part of our special day and has just an amazing way with words and a sense of humor (which is important to us). I highly recommend Tom if you are looking for a JP to officiate your wedding ceremony.

HRH Mags
Laura

Married on 03/14/2014

We had a great experience with Thom. We felt comforted that he was a seasoned professional and he performed a lovely ceremony for us. He provided us with a reading that was completely perfect for us. We were so grateful he was willing to freeze with us in the 30 degree weather as we said our vows outside! We kept in short and sweet but any one would have been justified telling us to move it inside. We are very thankful that we were able to book him for our wedding. Thanks!

G
Gina

Married on 09/14/2013

Tom was the Justice of the Peace at our wedding this past Saturday, 9/14. He was a very eloquent speaker and spoke about Chris and I as if he had known of for years. The ceremony was just the right amount of time allowing Chris and I to show our love for each other without leaving the guests in their seats for hours on end. Also, Tom includes the guests in the ceremony which I thought was wonderful because although the day is mainly about Chris and me, out guests are there to share in our special day.
Overall, the ceremony was wonderful and it was thanks to Tom!

Jennifer
Jennifer

Married on 06/22/2013

Working with Tom was amazing, and our guests raved about the ceremony the whole night of our wedding - it felt very unique and special to us. From our very first meeting with Tom, he invited us into his home for tea and cookies, and spent at least an hour telling him about ourselves and hearing about his interesting life and views on marriage. He was very responsive throughout the wedding planning process, and had a very calming presence the day of our actual ceremony. I was worried that, being an outdoor wedding, it may be hard for our guests to hear him, but everyone heard every word. He was everything we could have asked for and more.

Married on 05/05/2013

Tom was an amazing choice to officiate our wedding and we received a lot of compliments on our ceremony from our guests. Neither my husband or I are religious and this was for a lot of our families the first non-religious wedding they have attended, yet everyone told us that the personalization Tom encouraged us to incorporate made for an incredibly moving and touching ceremony.

We met with Tom in his home before hiring him and he was really kind, warm and truly interested in our lives/interests etc. He helped us a lot throughout the planning process and helped give us a lot of direction as we worked on our vows and traditions for our ceremony. Each time we emailed him he responded within a day.

The day of the ceremony he was amazing. He came and saw me and my family before the ceremony to make sure we were all set. He did a great job with the ceremony - it was very freestyle but didn't sound sloppy, Tom is very eloquent and said a lot of meaningful things without having to read every word, giving the ceremony a very warm feeling. I couldn't imagine hiring anyone else for our special day.

T
Taylor

Married on 07/07/2012

We are so happy to have found Tom. He took the time with us, getting to know us and our story. The ceremony was a true reflection of who we are individually and who we are together. He spoke extremely well and has a great posture. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant. He exceeded our expectations many fold especially when it only required one meeting to put it all together.

J

Married on 05/18/2012

Tom is an amazing officiant - he helped make our ceremony absolutely perfect and is a beautiful speaker. You can tell he believes each heartfelt word, and works to include guests in the ceremony, which is extremely touching when you have a small number of guests. He provided sample vows for us and assisted in selecting the perfect words for our ceremony. He is also a former Catholic priest, which was very reassuring to my in-laws!

I am very impressed with Tom and would recommend him to anyone looking to get married in the Boston area!

S
Sarah

Married on 09/24/2011

Thomas was amazing! He did such a great job making the ceremony personal and exactly what we wanted. He spoke in a clear voice for everyone to hear and said some very touching things that added to the quality of the ceremony. A lot of people have said how impressed they were with him. He was also a very nice person to work with, you can see he cares a lot about making the wedding ceremony personalized for each couple.

K
Kaleigh

Married on 09/03/2011

Tom was awesome! He made our little wedding so personal and included our family & friends in the ceremony. He's great and obviously passionate, I highly recommend him.

J
J.

Married on 09/03/2011

Tom officiated our Labor Day Weekend wedding and was amazing to work with. He has a wonderfully calming and nurturing way about him that put any worries I had at ease immediately. He was responsive to all of my questions and was available to conduct my rehearsal as well. I was so happy to have him there to marry us on my wedding day, and everything turned out perfectly. I also thought he was very fairly priced. I would definitely recommend Tom to any couple in the area looking for a wonderful JP to officiate their ceremony!

V
Viktoria

Married on 08/14/2011

Tom was an absolute delight to have as our officiant. We met with him at his home, several months prior to the wedding, and we knew right away we hadn't any need to look elsewhere. He truly loves what he does, I was amazed as I sat in front of him he was able to present a whole ceremony off the top of his head! I am a super procrastinator and I emailed him our vows and reading 14 hours prior to the ceremony, and he was more than accommodating to me. Day of the ceremony, he arrived early and made sure everything was in order. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I was so nervous that I would mess up the vows and he assured me that he would go slow and everything would be perfect. He was right, I could not have imagined a better ceremony. I highly suggest any couple looking for an officiant to look no further.