Back to Tsakopoulos Library Galleria

25 Reviews for Tsakopoulos Library Galleria

Featured
Kristy

Married on 03/19/2011

I recently held my wedding ceremony and reception at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria and I couldn't have been happier! Everyone I dealth with (Prima, Sandie and Renee) were all incredibly responsive and knowledgeable and helped my day run smoothly and stressfree. I really can't say enough good things about this location and I would recommend it to all my friends and family for their special day!

stephanie

Married on 11/12/2016

We picked this venue for a variety of reasons. Part of what we were paying goes back to the library - always a plus! It is close to so many transit hubs in downtown Sac. Most of all, we chose this venue because of the beautiful and dramatic feel of the venue. It has these beautiful windows in the front that allow for lots of natural light to come in. The pillars that surround the place remind me a lot of the pillars from ancient Rome. Because of all these beautiful details, we didn't have to spend a lot on extra decorations!

The venue is absolutely perfect. The staff were super responsive to our needs and helped us out in whatever way they could. They were responsive before, during and after our event - that's all I can ask for.

C
Chelsie

Married on 01/18/2015

This is a beautiful facility. A portion of your payment goes to helping support the Sacramento Public Library so that is a huge plus.

There are some restrictions due to it being a library and the floor is a gorgeous piece of artwork - but it does mean no bubbles or anything really that could land on floor and make it dangerous.

They are extremely reasonably priced and provide a lot for the day. Just a wonderful place and I would recommend them for anyone who wants a beautiful space that is large but feels intimate.

J
Jay

Married on 09/19/2014

We were trying to decide if we should do an outdoor wedding or indoor wedding since it was going to be a September wedding. Let us tell you we were so glad we chose the indoor and Library Galleria. We booked the venue almost a year before our big day. Price was not bad at all and they allowed us to bring in our own liquor which was mandatory for me. They do require you to use their vendors for catering but we ended up finding the perfect caterer that helped with much mroe than food. We had 250 guests so we were getting nervous that it would be too small but it was not at all and Sandi who works there will tell you they can fit almost 350 comfortably. Overall great venue and it looks really nice at night along with your lighting, etc.

J
June

Married on 02/22/2014

What a beautiful venue, and working w/Sandi and her staff was absolutely wonderful... This was the first venue we looked at and the groom wanted it right a way.... But I felt we needed to look at others.... After a visit to 5 other venues we came back... It was truly a magical wedding because the wedding was perfect.... :)

F
Frances

Married on 12/07/2013

Truly, I do not believe I have enough words to not only sing the praises of Sandi Stewart, who was our contact at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, but her entire team. From the day our daughter selected "The Galleria" as her wedding venue, all the way through the culmination of our wedding event, the process was absolutely fluid and seamless. Their professionalism is unparallelled. We were made to feel as if we were the ONLY event in town. We had two walk-through's, first our daughter and son-in-law, then the second one with me, (mother of the bride). We booked it immediately, signed, sealed & delivered so to speak, on the spot. Our request for a third meeting / walk through with Sandi and several of our vendors ( caterer, DJ & wedding coordinator) was met with enthusiasm. We were able to establish a timeline, expectations and make certain we were all in sync. We did make several changes to our contract prior to our event date, each change was accommodated with grace and ease. Our wedding day we were greeted with smiles, warmth, and EVERYTHING we had requested had been done to absolute perfection. Not only have we recommeded the Galleria already, I would absolutely book the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria for another event myself should I need such a venue.

Maggie

Married on 11/09/2013

The venue was beautiful... Went very smoothly. Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. Thank you!

Stassie

Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I chose the library galleria for our November wedding this year. We fell in love with the elegance of the building and the location. Our wedding day couldn't have gone more perfectly! In the months leading up to the wedding the staff were so helpful and sweet. Sandi was so quick to respond to all of my emails. She even spent time drawing up several CAD layouts to help best accommodate our large guest list. Many of our guests loved our venue. I would definitely recommend the library galleria to other couples searching for a great wedding reception site.

D
Donny

Married on 10/26/2013

The Library Galleria was an excellent choice of ours to have a wedding. The place looked magical on our wedding day and will always be a special place for us. Staff there were awesome. They were very responsive and professional and were extremely patient with us during the entire planning phase.

The only negative was there was one homeless individual sleeping by the 9th st entrance that evening.

Katy

Married on 12/28/2008

Beautiful location and the easiest vendor to work with. They answered questions promptly and were very helpful in organizing the reception.

G
Geri Ann

Married on 04/28/2007

The Library Galleria is the most stunning venue in downtown Sacramento, and as a wedding professional, I have appreciated the upstanding service provided by their staff. I have worked with them to create beautiful, dreamy weddings for many brides and corporate clients all of which have run very smoothly. In addition, the daytime natural light filters in beautifully and in the evening, the chandelier creates an elegant, romantic mood.

V
Venetia

Married on 06/07/2014

We had our daughter's wedding and reception at the Galleria and it was Spectacular! The most awesome venue to have your wedding. Although plenty of space to accommodate a few hundred guests, it was also very quaint and romantic at the same time. The ambiance was perfect. Staff is extremely helpful, professional and most accommodating. Perfect inside and out for wedding pictures, mingling, dining and dancing. From the foyer to the ballroom and elegant balconies, I would recommend this venue for weddings and any event.

Venetia Britton

N
Nicole

Married on 05/18/2014

I really loved this place. The only thing I would say is rehearsal time was not long enough.

Married on 01/01/2009

I had my wedding ceremony here because the place is beautiful. I had my reception somewhere else because it was too small to hold a large party and the balcony was booked for an art show. Prima was very helpful and responded quickly. Everything went smoothly.

Mary

Married on 09/30/2006

I had my high school prom here and loved it. I knew I wanted to come back and having my wedding reception. It was gorgeous and the staff was wonderful

Holly and Jarrell

Married on 09/17/2017

4.7

I believe the most difficult part of planning a wedding is choosing a venue (#1) and a caterer. Seeing that my wife and I knew that no matter where we choose to have our wedding that the majority of our family would have to travel, we just choose the place that we connected with the most, that was also the most reasonably priced. As soon as we walked into the Galleria we immediately knew we found our venue. High ceilings, giant windows, a balcony, and located in downtown Sacramento. The Library was a perfect venue for our wedding. The staff were really professional and provided assistance lead up to the event and day of. The venue space comes with chairs, tables, pipe and drape (additional fee), and recommended vendors. While we were very happy with our chosen vendor, I could see how someone else may not prefer any of their required vendors. With that being said, Sandi and her team made the process so un-stressful. Some of our vendors were worried that they would be unable to set up in time for our wedding due to being told they would not have access until our exact time, but luckily we had more than enough time and help to set up our space exactly how we wanted. We don't think we could have chosen a more beautiful space for our wedding. Just google wedding pictures and try not to fall in love with the space.
I highly recommend the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria

P.S. Tsakopoulos (Sa-Cop-olous). Lol

Marjorie

Married on 11/29/2014

4.7

Beautiful venue for a wedding.

Kate

Married on 12/07/2013

I thoroughly enjoyed having my event at the Galleria. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing.

vargas916
Christina

Married on 05/30/2010

My wedding turned out so Amazing at this Venue! Great pictures and any bride will be pleased if you have a good photographer! Prima Diva is the most amazing person to work with. Sandi was very quick with getting any information I requested. Only dislike was the temp in the room. I was so hot and had to request the air to get turned higher.

Laura
Laura

Married on 09/29/2017

Beautiful Venue

Had a wonderful night. They came up with an individualized layout for the flow of my wedding. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The only frustrating part was that we were unable to schedule a rehearsal before the wedding except for the morning of the wedding.

Hannah

Married on 10/09/2009

The Library is a beautiful venue to book. It requires little decoration because the ballroom is so beautiful. THe venue is a great value, but does have strict rules about decorations, candles, and vendors. They have a list of 8 caterers you must choose from. If you are willing to stay in their guidelines, you will get a beautiful venue for a great price.

Rupal
Rupal

Married on 11/12/2011

4.3

Beautiful venue. I wish there was more flexibility in caterers than there listed preferred. Also I was a little put off by they al a carte approach to renting the venue. But my friends and family loved the galleria!

G
Kelli

Married on 08/14/2011

4.3

The hard thing about the library is that there is a set group of caterers you have to choose from. They have only a few since there are certain rules that need to be followed since the library is a federal building. The venue is beautiful.

The woman we worked with to plan the floor plan and the event out was amazing. She worked with us so that we could get what we wanted while still following venue rules.

However, the people we had the day of the ceremony were not as great. We were able to find them before the events began but as soon as the event started, they were MIA. We needed them to get wireless microphones and had to end up using the wired mics that came with our DJ equipment. Only wish they had been more available.

There is no music able to be played on their sound system so if you plan on having a DJ, you're good to go. Otherwise, you'll need to do like we did and rent your own sound equipment.

Overall, it was beautiful and I loved every minute I was there. No regrets

Rosemary

Married on 08/07/2010

Thank you!

R
Rosa Edith

Married on 09/19/2009

3.8

The first place that Future Hubby and I looked at for our wedding reception. There is something really sweet about all that money that we are ponying up for our party going to support the Sacramento Public Library System, something we both love. The coordinators so far have been really accommodating, meeting us there on the weekend as live in San Francisco and we couldn't just drop in during the week.

There was a mistake on my first contract but it was corrected fairly quickly, the other drawback is that you have to choose a caterer from the limited list, so if you have your heart set on a specific type of food this could be a deal breaker. I'm happy with the caterer we ended up choosing and they are used to throwing really large events, making our 200+ guests seem almost manageable...

The actual event coordinator we worked with, Prima, was very knowledgable and helpful. If you are looking for a beautiful and unique space to accomodate a large wedding this could be it for you!