Back to Unexpected Photography

18 Reviews for Unexpected Photography

M
Molly Mcshea

Married on 08/17/2019

So talented and nice to work with! Highly recommend

We worked with Tania from Unexpected Photography. She was an absolute delight to work with (very professional and warm), and we LOVE the photos she took. We also found Unexpected Photography to be really easy to work with and they were very organized (e.g. Used a survey to make sure they had a list of all the photos we would want so as not to miss any). We received our photos within two weeks of the wedding too! To be honest, we were a bit nervous because they were much less expensive to book than the other photographers we were considering, so we worried about a price-quality tradeoff, but our photos are truly top notch. We are very happy we went with Unexpected Photography. In short, I would definitely recommend.

Anne Wilson

Married on 08/17/2019

Definitely Recommend

Emily Hoyt

Married on 08/10/2019

These photographers were wonderful!

Tania and Taylor from Unexpected Photography are AMAZING! They photographers showed up to two different locations on time and started snapping away. If they had questions or needed something done or moved to get a special shot, they would ask or direct us without hesitation. We had some requests for photos and both Tania and Taylor were happy to oblige, and even remembered that we wanted those pictures when we forgot in the craziness of the day. They also made sure to capture pictures of all the little details that you spend months planning. The pictures are absolutely stunning, and taken from a variety of locations. They both adjusted to different spots depending on the light to make sure they were able to take the best possible picture. We got our pictures back in less than three weeks which is very quick during a busy wedding season. Unexpected Photography is a company that is a breath of fresh air when it comes to wedding planning. There are so many companies out there that try to up sell you expensive picture packages that you just don't need. Corey did not try to sell us anything more than what we expressed we were interested in, which was wonderfully refreshing. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. The photos are stunning, clean, and not overly edited.

J
Julie

Married on 06/01/2019

Great experience and value

Unexpected was super easy to work with and pictures came back beautiful (and quick). We worked with Tania and a second shooter Taylor. Both were so professional and sweet and I trusted them completely. I didn’t want to spend too much time taking formal photos and they were able to get through our list very quickly while still getting great shots. Would definitely recommend!

E

Married on 05/17/2019

Great all around.

The photographers were awesome, they were very involved and the pictures came out amazing! We had a somewhat casual wedding and they maintained a good level of professionalism while also matching their personalities with the laid back environment. The price is also amazing for what you get!

J
Joseph Farzinzad

Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding photography

One of the greatest experiences at our wedding was our photographer. I highly recommend Unexpected Photography for all you needs. Very on time and prompt. They were great to work with. Thank you Tania, Corey and your team for doing such a wonderful job.

Kate

Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent photography!

My husband and I are really happy that we chose Unexpected Photography for our wedding on 10/20/18. Corey was quick to answer all my questions via email. Joe Crawford was our photographer. He was professional, kind, creative and laid back(in a good way). He took beautiful pictures that we will forever cherish. Also, the price was affordable, which is an added bonus! I would highly recommend Unexpected Photography!

Keri

Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely amazing

Amazing photographs, amazing people. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. They were attentive, nice, wonderful people who made my wedding day perfect. I actually recieved compliments about Nick from my guests! He was fantasic, great with the kids and managed to be everywhere at once! Hire them, your pictures will be perfect!

Anita

Married on 09/15/2018

We are so happy we went with Unexpected Photography on our wedding day! Tania was punctual, professional and organized and made us feel so at ease throughout the day. It is very obvious she is experienced with photographing weddings, as she kept to a timeline that best suited our day- from the getting ready process, to the church ceremony, group photos just prior to the reception (despite a limited amount of time) and the key highlights of our reception. We appreciate everything she did to make our day so special and are looking forward to having our pictures for years to come! Thank you, Tania!

Kat

Married on 04/14/2018

UP did a fantastic job capturing my big day. Joe is an all-purpose wedding assistant when needed, pinning on corsages, holding trains, and giving wisdom gathered from the countless weddings he's worked, and he was genuinely fun to hang out with. Not to mention how beautiful the photos came out. He captured special moments that only lasted an instant and will be in my album forever.

Leading up to the wedding, he and his team were incredibly responsive and professional via email, and at our meeting in person, he answered all of my questions in a way that made me feel confident he cared about making my day last a lifetime. I highly recommend UP to anyone who expects a high quality of service and a high quality of photos.

S
Sarah

Married on 12/16/2017

Working with Joe at Unexpected Photography far exceeded our expectations! From the moment we met him at a wedding expo, we knew immediately that we liked him and could see that he "got us" and our vision. At our next meeting, Joe helped alleviate any added stress by quickly putting together a timeline we were comfortable with and put our minds at ease with his professionalism. On the day of the wedding, Joe was an expert in both posing us as well as capturing the candid moments we didn't even know he was photographing. When we received our photos (and let me say, it was surprisingly fast! ), we could not have been happier with the results! We have received so many compliments on the photos and the credit all goes to Joe! I feel like you are taking a chance when you choose a photographer as you never really quite know what to expect, but I'm so glad we went with our gut feelings and booked Joe. Take a chance with him; you will not regret it! Thank you to Joe and Unexpected Photography! - The Dugans

Kate

Married on 12/01/2017

Joe was so easy to work with and all of our pictures came out beautifully.

M
Megan

Married on 11/18/2017

You will not find a better photographer anywhere!

I
Izzy

Married on 10/08/2017

The Unexpected Photography team was an absolute blessing to us on our wedding day! One less thing to worry about coordinating - they knew what they were doing and we LOVE our photos. Would book them over and over again! Thanks Joe!

C
Christina

Married on 09/02/2017

SO easy to work with! Highly recommended. Great pricing and they ask what pictures you want/who you want them with ahead of time so the day goes smooth. Awesome :)

Ann Marie

Married on 08/12/2017

We had a great experience working with Joe for our sons wedding. He was very friendly and professional. He got great pictures and would highly recommend him.

C
chelsea

Married on 10/20/2018

A pleasure to work with!

It was wonderful working with Tania! She was so calm and good at giving directions that it made our wedding photos feel easy, and that's coming from a person who does not usually like having their picture taken! She captured how much fun the day was, caught all of the special moments, and checked in with us before leaving to make sure we got all of the pictures we wanted. My husband and I couldn't afford to spend a ton on photography, but we still wanted to have good pictures of our special day, and Unexpected Photography made that happen. We're so happy with our photos!

E

Married on 10/14/2017

So happy that my husband and I found Joe at Unexpected Photography. He was super professional and the packages available profided a lot of flexibility for our budget. The pitures came out gorgeous- very real and without any “fluff” or obvious filters. Would absolutely recommend!