Back to Upstairs at Midtown

J
Jessica Kleinsmith

Married on 04/27/2019

Best Venue & Team!

We loved having our wedding at Upstairs at Midtown! The space was beautiful and perfect for our small, intimate wedding. Kathleen was very responsive to emails and did an incredible job with everything leading up to the wedding day. On the wedding day, she went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed. She was refilling our drinks before they were even close to being empty and helping us stay on schedule the entire day! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Matthew Todd

Married on 02/17/2019

Beautiful setting with amazing staff

The venue is beautiful and the staff is extremely professional. They made the stress leading up to event fade away as they were on top of EVERYTHING! Highly recommended.

Kailee

Married on 05/26/2018

Kathleen and her crew are TOP NOTCH. I truly believe they could all work at the finest establishments anywhere in the world. Kathleen was such a joy to work with, a very sweet person. I was a rather needy client, living in FL, so I emailed her A LOT. She never made me feel like I was asking too many questions. She was so timely with her emails. Sometimes she even emailed me after work hours, I don’t know how she does it. They were extremely flexible day of when I wanted to re-arrange a few things, I just texted Kathleen the updates.

Also, we owe a HUGE shout out to Ali, the most wonderful venue manager for our big day. Ali made me feel like a queen, she checked on me so much, but always at the perfect times. She is so intuitive, kind, and sweet, I loved her! Even helped bustle my dress. I know for sure she did more to help everything run smoothly than what is in her job description. She gathered my things and had everything ready for me when we were about to leave. Ali needs a raise.

My husband and I eat vegan, and we really did not have any expectations for the vegan food here, but OMG, it was the best vegan dishes we have ever had. I got some kind of stir-fry and the tofu was out of this world. They made to go boxes for us- and trust me, they didn’t just pack up what was left on our plates, they packed a box full of food which we enjoyed later that night at our hotel. Everyone else loved his or her meal of chicken or steak.

Finally, the service was impeccable; every single person there is the best in the business. I have never had service like that in my life. Everyone at our wedding mentioned how awesome the service was. They were also intuitive, because we had a 4-year-old guest at our wedding. At one point, the main bathroom was occupied and the 4 year old visibly had to go, and was waiting with his mom to go in next, and a waiter pulled them aside and said, “come with me I can show you another bathroom to use”.

A
Audrey

Married on 05/05/2018

Thank you so much for an amazing rehearsal dinner! After spending some time working in the Charleston wedding industry, I knew our rehearsal dinner was in great hands with the KSH Group. The entire planning process was a breeze. Kathleen and the KSH Group are absolutely spectacular. Ryan and I are so thrilled we were able to have our rehearsal dinner at Upstairs at Midtown. The way everyone jumped in to help us organize our decor and gifts was absolutely wonderful! We couldn’t have done it without you. It was so great getting to work with such an awesome team.

All of our guests are still raving about the food. All of the hors d’oeuvres were delicious and our guests are still talking about the steak from the surf and turf entrée! Everyone was amazed they were able to cut it with a butter knife. Ryan grew up on a beef farm in Colorado, and he said the flavor and tenderness of the steak reminded him of his childhood :) Y'all knocked it out of the park!

The rehearsal dinner was the perfect start to our wedding weekend. We all had the greatest time together. Thank you so much for the perfect evening!

Maggie

Married on 03/24/2018

I can't thank Kathleen, Sofie, and their staff enough for hosting our Friday & Saturday night parties! We had 95 people (out of our 100) guests coming from out of town and everyone absolutely loved both venues! The food... I know everyone here is probably sick of shrimp & grits and mac & cheese at weddings but our guests were raving about all of the dishes. Kathleen and Sofie were so easy to work with, always responsive - answering all of my questions up to the last minute. They truly put me at ease when it came down to the wire, I knew I could trust their team come the day of the wedding. I'm so glad we chose Upstairs at Midtown for our venue - it truly was everything we had hoped for and envisioned!

Mary Catharine

Married on 09/16/2017

Kathleen + her team went above and beyond to make our day so special! We could not have asked for a better venue to host our intimate wedding ceremony + rooftop dance party!

A
Amber

Married on 04/16/2016

I loved Upstairs at Midtown for my reception. It was so gorgeous and intimate. Kathleen and Blythe were so easy to work with, especially since it was a destination wedding.

Mandy

Married on 10/24/2015

We used Upstairs at Midtown for our ceremony and reception. Blythe was fantastic to work with! We coordinated the wedding from Ohio and she was able to help us with vendor selection and make sure the event went off flawlessly.

We had 56 people at the event and there was plenty of space for people to lounge, eat, and dance. I would recommend that you reserve a tent in case of rain because the outdoor space is really valuable.

We used the catering and bar service through the venue and it was even better than I expected. You will not be disappointed if you order your food from them. I recommend the steak carving station. Delicious! The wait staff works VERY hard to make sure everyone is fed and happy.

I couldn't be happier with Blythe and Upstairs at Midtown. Thank you for all of your help with my special day!

S
Sarah

Married on 02/28/2015

We used Upstairs at Midtown for our welcome party and it was the perfect spot! Blythe is amazing to work with and made everything so easy! Our guests loved the location since most were staying downtown and the bar staff was fabulous! I would definitely use this venue again for a non wedding function! Highly recommend!

C
Courtney

Married on 10/11/2014

We used Upstairs at Midtown for our rehearsal dinner and everything was fabulous. Blythe was great to work with and very helpful throughout the process with everything from booze to rentals and set up. We used a different caterer but just loved the venue, their bar service and everything else they did to ensure we had a fabulous day. Our dinner was more of a "Welcome" party and we had over 90 in attendance. The space had great flow and accommodated our group comfortably, the back deck and interior are both rustic and gorgeous. Great experience and I would highly recommend them.

L
liz

Married on 06/07/2014

I decided I wanted a small wedding and I found this venue online through a random google search for "unique wedding venues". My husband and I live in Ohio so this was a destination wedding for us. I had never been to Charleston and had never seen the venue until 3 days before the wedding. Everything was PERFECT! Blythe was more than a joy to work with and made my day run so smoothly. She was so helpful and has really good taste so I relied on her opinion a lot. The ceremony was outside and it was gorgeous. Cocktail hour and dinner was inside in the two rooms that were decorated tastefully. You don't need a lot of decorations to make the venue look good, it already has so much character! I didn't hire a DJ, just made multiple playlists because they have an ipod hook up with surround sound, which was great because we were able to save money that way. Compared to most of the venues in the area, Upstairs at Midtown is extremely affordable and you get A LOT for your money. The food was delicious and I loved the wine/beer choices. We had about 50 people total and we were all able to fit in the space very easily. Check out their pinterest page for more pictures of the venue and décor ideas! I can't say enough good things about this place and the people that work there!

L
Latonya

Married on 10/24/2017

As soon as I saw this place I was in love. The venue is absolutely beautiful on its own and doesn’t need much decor. The staff on the day of my wedding was absolutely phenomenal, very helpful and extremely attentive. My guest are still raving about the location. My ceremony was held outside on the deck and the weather was perfect that day. The food was delicious. I had three passed h’dourvous and fresh fruit for my cocktail hour with two signature drinks and wine. For dinner I had chicken and a surf and turf and everyone devoured the food. Everything was top knotch and just perfect. This venue is for small intimate weddings only. It says that it holds up to like 100 people on the website but the space is divided by three rooms so if you have more than 45 guest and want a seated dinner in the main inside room it’s not happening. My target guest count was 50. My husband and I stated to the vendor coordinator from day one that we wanted a sweet heart table for ourselves as well as all the guest in the main indoor room and that wasn’t a problem until 2 weeks before my ceremony. I almost lost my mind! It eventually worked out for me because a few people decided not to come last minute but if you are planning to have your dinner indoors please note that the main room only really seats about 40 guest with a sweetheart table otherwise your guest will have to be split into two separate rooms or your dinner will have to be outside on the deck area. Luckily it worked out for us however I was livid that it was not disclosed in the very beginning of the process. This was the only con that I can truly say about this venue. Everything else was magnificent. The food, the staff, the professionalism, the attentiveness, the whole experience (other than the room situation) was fantastic. Our wedding day was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch. I would definitely recommend. Just ask Kathleen to explain the seating chart in detail from the very beginning.