Back to Vanilla Bake Shop

M
Melina Dobbs

Married on 10/27/2018

Delicious Wedding Cake!

By far one of the best cakes (not just wedding cake) I have ever had. Vanilla Bake Shop provided us with a complimentary tasting where each flavor was better than the next. Ultimately we went with the Red Velvet Swirl and Fleur De Sel which were both huge hits with our guests. The only downside was the cake was delivered on a cake board that was larger than what had been communicated to us which did not allow us to use the cake stand we had purchased separately. However, the cake was so good we couldn't not give 5 stars.

Trevor
Trevor

Married on 10/04/2018

We visited A LOT of bake shops when trying to choose the perfect one for our wedding cake but none came close to Vanilla Bake Shop. Yuko, our cake designer, was a godsend. She was the only person we spoke with who was open to letting us bounce ideas off her offering her honest opinion in the process. Literally everywhere else we went, we met bakers who just wanted a picture from Pinterest to replicate. She made this entire process fun and easy and we are so thankful for her. Our actual wedding cake exceeded expectations. It looked and tasted amazing. We had Coconut, Red Velvet, and Dulce de Leche layers and they all tasted out of this world. Highly recommend!

Brie
Brie Mcdonald

Married on 09/22/2018

Vanilla Bake Shop

Vanilla Bake Shop was wonderful. Yuko, sketched the exact cake I described as I was sitting across from her at our first consultation. The cake wasn’t just beautiful but the cake was delicious too, lots of flavor options to select from and since we did multi layer we were able to mix it up so that we got some of everything. Cake was delivered beautifully. They made it the perfect sweet ending to our beautiful beginning.

J
Jay H

Married on 09/22/2018

Best Wedding Ever !!!

Looking through the cakes, they were all beautiful, but we had a very special request. We wanted pandan flavor!

Pandan is that floral/vanilla like flavor thats unique to Southeast asia. It's that green cake that you sometimes see in Asia. My wife and I love all things pandan.

Katie

Married on 08/25/2018

We ordered cupcakes for our wedding from Vanilla Bake Shop, and we are so happy we did! Yuko is great to work with, and was so helpful when we were choosing flavors and designs. We got so many comments about how delicious the cupcakes were!

Jessica
Jessica

Married on 08/04/2018

Vanilla Bake Shop is a MUST!

We could not have been happier with Vanilla Bake Shop! We had a very specific theme and vision for the cake, and Yuko and her colleagues executed it perfectly. The cake and dessert bar tasted incredible and looked fantastic. The delivery and execution was a breeze and we have nothing but positive things to say about Vanilla Bake Shop. We can't wait to go visit them in Santa Monica to get a taste of our wedding again.

Keri

Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Vanilla Bake Shop to provide the dessert at our wedding this past fall. We are so happy we did!

We wanted to do a dessert bar with a variety of mini desserts in lieu of a cake, and VBS executed our vision beautifully. Working with Yuko, we settled on a spread that would surely satisfy any palate, and she even suggested certain desserts to fit our color scheme. This included various flavors of the cupcake babies, french macarons, icebox dessert shots, tarts, and cake pops. The result was beautiful *and* yummy! In fact, we still have guests talking about how good the desserts were at our wedding all these months later.

If you are looking for a dessert vendor for your vendor, I highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop!

Kelly
Kelly

Married on 10/07/2017

If you are planning a wedding, you need a cake by Yuko! She was inviting and personable. Yuko took time to really get to know what we wanted and made sure we were happy the whole way through. The cake she made for us was lovely and exactly what we asked for. She also provided a dessert table that everyone loved. Her team set up the desserts and gave us the boxes at the end for us to take home any extras (there weren't many). We can't wait to eat our top tier for our one year anniversary!

kandice

Married on 08/17/2017

Best wedding decision

I highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop. It was one of our best wedding decisions. We had a simple one tier cake - and the cake was AMAZING- delicious, beautiful, simply incredible. It truly helped to make our day perfect. Vanilla bake shop was great to work with and was priced very fairly. Without question, we will be using Vanilla bake shop for any future events.

S
Stephen

Married on 07/15/2017

I cannot praise and suggest Vanilla Bake Shop enough! Not only are their creations stunningly beautiful; they're delicious!
Yuko makes the entire process so simple and fun. She really listened to my husband and I. And we ended up with a cake that was EXACTLY what we wanted. We will be forever thankful!

L
Leigh An

Married on 06/04/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Everyone at our wedding loved our cake! Yuko was so awesome to work with! She made it so simple and easy for us when choosing our cake and design! Everyone at the party couldn't get enough of it! Thank you so much!

M
Mai

Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I could not have been happier at how our 'woodland' themed dessert table and wedding cake turned out. To this day, we receive compliments on how delicious and truly beautiful everything was. Our desserts pretty much "stole the show" at our reception! Yuko is extremely talented and it's amazing how she can conceptualize the ideas that you have into actual desserts. She was very professional and friendly and made my husband and I feel like 'old friends' by the time the tasting was over. I highly recommend Yuko and the VBS Team for your wedding and dessert needs! 5 stars!

S
stephanie

Married on 04/13/2017

Super nice! Great service..... Keep it up!

C
Cherise

Married on 03/05/2017

Absolutely loved our experience working with Yuko Ebina at Vanilla Bake Shop! I have a gluten allergy, and Yuko was so helpful in finding us a gluten-free cake we liked. The tasting was fantastic, and Yuko was very accommodating with the style we wanted (and us changing our mind after the fact). They were also flexible in letting our florist decorate the cake. We have received so many compliments from our guests that it was the best cake they've ever had, wedding or no wedding. It may not be cheap, but it's worth every penny, and we would highly recommend!

User6597654

2+ years ago

We tasted a lot of cakes before our wedding and these are by far the BEST. Yuko was awesome at helping us come up with a vision that represented us and our venue. We had cakes and baby cakes and they were all so delicious! We love Vanilla.

User5325065

2+ years ago

I can't even begin to describe the happiness Yuko and Vanilla Bake Shop brought us on our wedding day. But I'll try...

I've been a fan of VBS cupcakes for a while. I'm a simple girl, always vanilla for me so you really have to impress me with your ability to create an amazing vanilla flavored creation and VBS always seems to do it. My fiancé (now husband) however likes a little more "spice" in his sweets: fillings, fruit, etc. So when it was time to look for a wedding cake we needed someone that could make an amazingly delicious cake with fresh fruit in it without it being overwhelming. We visited bakeries near and far but we couldn't get VBS out of our heads, their Strawberries and Cream cake to be exact. The best way to describe this cake? Heaven. It tasted like you were walking on a strawberry filled fluff cloud. Amazing. And why stop there? We also ordered a variety of desserts: cupcakes, tarts, dessert shots.

On the day of the wedding our cake and desserts looked amazing. Exactly how we imagined everything would look. Our vision was perfectly executed by Yuko and her team. Guests devoured everything and we couldn't have been any happier.

Y
Yulia

Married on 12/28/2015

Yuko and the team at Vanilla Bake shop did a great job preparing our wedding cake. Florist decorated the cake with flowers and it looked exactly like in the picture. And tasted great which is as important.

It was easy to communicate with Yuko by email, Yuko suggested making the cake half&half: three tier cake with two different flavors to accommodate gluten free option. She also recommended the best flavor out of the ones I picked (yes, they have lots of great flavors to choose from!).

Our wedding cake looked very festive and tasted amazing too! Very happy and satisfied with the result.

B
Bailey

Married on 12/05/2015

I want to thank Vanilla Bake Shop so much for our gorgeous wedding cake. It truly was everything we dreamed. Most times you show an inspiration photo to a vendor and the reality pales in comparison, but in this case, they made the (challenging) cake exactly how we wanted it! Plus it was delicious. I would recommend Vanilla Bake Shop for anyone planning a wedding in LA!

Kamila

Married on 09/05/2015

We first met Yuko when we asked her to design our wedding cake. She created the most beautiful cake that incorporated the details of my Catholic wedding dress and my Indian wedding saree. The details on the cake looked just like the fabric itself and it was topped with beautiful roses as well. Not only that, all the flavors were so delicious! Even one year later when we defrosted the top red velvet layer, it still looked and tasted amazing! We also had Yuko create birthday cakes for our dads when they celebrated their 70th and 60th birthdays the day before our wedding. She managed to capture their life experiences and memories on those cakes in the most beautiful and fun way possible! Most recently, we had Yuko make a baby shower cake for us. She made the most adorable teddy bear figures, that even had intricate stitching details on them! Every detail on every cake has been phenomenal! We cannot say enough to adequately praise Vanilla Bake Shop and Yuko! They really have been such a huge part of the special milestones and events in our lives!

User4160763

2+ years ago

Vanilla provided an amazing cake for our reception. I've always found that people don't typically eat the cake at weddings but this cake was an exception. Everyone loved it so much that most people had seconds. It's a good thing we ordered extra. This vendor is also very easy to deal with. Just tell them what kind of cake, how much, and where it needs to be delivered and they take care of the rest. Highly recommend them!

A
Angele

Married on 04/25/2015

We worked with Yuko at Vanilla Bake shop for our wedding cake. We got 75% Red Velvet and 25% banana choco chip. Bot cake flavors were amazing. Yuko worked within our budget but providing a simple and beautiful cake on display + sheet cake in the back. The tasting was wonderful. She let us try so many delicious things! The guests loved the cake and so did we! Thanks Yuko!

User3977436

2+ years ago

We used VBS for our dessert bar and absolutely loved them! Yuko was wonderful to work with and everything was delicious (even the leftovers in our freezer are fantastic! ) She customized our desserts to go with our colors perfectly and everything was a perfect balance of tasty elegance.

We provided our own trays & platters and had our wedding coordinator set up the design. It was a great way to keep this within our budget and still get everything we wanted.

User4268389

2+ years ago

Yuko took care of us from start to finish, and was professional AND genuine. Thank you Yuko! Don't ever change! Looking forward to working with you again... Even though we live in Orange County, it is worth the drive.

User5546151

2+ years ago

Excellent wedding cakes and service and experience. Overall just awesome and great

D
Devran

Married on 08/30/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Kim Robinson at Vanilla Bake Shop. We had our wedding at the Fairmont and were able to select a couple partner vendors to make our wedding cake. Our tasting was very enjoyable and of course delicious! Kim was more than willing to help us customize our cake and select 2 different flavors. She worked with me on the design and was very flexible with my requests for sizing, shapes and monograms. The cake was not only DELICIOUS (not just said by me, but my many of our 250 guests) but it was also absolutely beautiful. A big thank you to Kim and her team for making us a wedding cake to remember!