Reviews

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Joe
My wife and I worked with Channy and couldn't have been happier! She is passionate, detail oriented, and knew when to give us suggestions on how to make our wedding happen without a hitch. She coordinated all the meetings, recommended vendors when we asked, and took charge to make sure everybody was on the same page for the wedding. Furthermore, Channy is personable and you can tell she loves what she does. I think the biggest testament to her hard work was that on our wedding day everything happened just as planned (or at least it appeared that way to us!) so my wife and I could enjoy the moment and celebrate. We would highly recommend Channy and VOWS to anyone who asks!
Wedding: 06/10/2017

Leigh
Absolutely, positively and most definitely I would recommend VOWS. From Day 1, when I started my search for a wedding planner I was nothing short of impressed with Katy's team of wedding planning professionals. I was incredibly fortunate to have had the pleasure of working with Hannah, who helped my fiance (now husband) and I to plan the most spectacular wedding one could have hoped for. It is evident Hannah and Katy have a passion for what they do. They listen and work with you to make sure you are comfortable at every stage of the wedding planning journey. Hannah worked with me for 10-months to pull off the most magical wedding day I could have imagined. Not a single item was left to chance - every T was crossed and every I was dotted. If you want the best - for flexibility, professionalism, responsiveness, value and quality of service - I recommend VOWS!!
Wedding: 05/06/2017
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
Thank you for your kind words, Leigh! It was absolutely our pleasure. I'm so glad your wedding day was everything you hoped for and more. Congratulations! Now just enjoy newlywed bliss!

Emily
We hired Amber as our planner and coordinator, and hiring her was the best money we spent! We live on the East Coast and were planning a Seattle wedding, and we knew we'd need help planning from a distance. Amber recommended all of our vendors (every one of them was incredible to work with), organized all vendor meetings, and helped design a beautiful look and feel for our wedding. Even though I was in all the meetings and made final decisions on everything, I was completely stunned at how beautiful my wedding was, and it all came down to the knowledge and design sense of Amber. Amber was also our coordinator the day of the wedding, and everything ran incredibly smoothly - I didn't have to do a thing besides let myself enjoy the day. Little details I forgot (pens for our guest book, for instance) magically appeared, and it was such a seamless event. I consider myself highly organized and a bit neurotic, and Amber was always even more organized than me, and was such a helpful partner along the way, even calming me down about a storm that was supposed to hit during our wedding weekend. I know even if the worst case scenario had happened and our wedding was during a storm, she would have pulled together a gorgeous candle-lit ceremony. I'd highly recommend hiring Amber and VOWS for your wedding!
Wedding: 10/16/2016

Hannah
Amber is an expert in her field. We hired Amber for day-of coordination plus design assistance and she went above and beyond to make our day burst with beauty, love, and laughter. She helped us craft the ultimate team of vendors and was very responsive in all communication. I had a vision for how I wanted our wedding to look and feel, but no clue how to turn it into reality. Amber was a great listener and provided on-point suggestions to make the dream come to life. She maintained a great balance of fun/lightheartedness in our meetings with a "get down to business" agenda. We couldn't have asked for a better suited planner.
Wedding: 09/24/2016
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Samantha
We worked with Amber from Vows after having a great experience at a pair of friends' weddings that were also planned by Vows--best money we spent during the entire planning process! Amber was a dream to work with--insightful, friendly, fun, organized, and incredibly helpful every step of the way. She really took the time to understand our vision so that every part of our special day was exactly what we imagined and that we also stayed within the budget we'd set ourselves. On the day of our wedding (August 2016), she and her assistant had everything running so smoothly, we didn't have to worry about a single thing and were free to enjoy our big day. I'd recommend Amber and Vows to absolutely anyone looking to plan a wedding in the Seattle area. (They also operate in Hawaii too!)
Wedding: 08/20/2016

Jean
Vows is awesome! My husband and I couldn't have been happier. Not one hiccup at our wedding. Amber is so responsive and organized, and made sure all of our wedding details were taken care. From the moment you hire her to the end of our wedding reception, we were in good hands. She is super friendly and comes up with great alternatives to stay within budget. Don't get married without Amber! You won't regret it!
Wedding: 07/30/2016

Andy
When my wife and I met Channy, we pretty quickly knew we wanted to work with her. We had met another wedding planner previously but we could feel Channy's passion and friendliness immediately. She was great to work with and did an incredible job, putting together an unforgettable wedding for us. We took the 2nd most complete package so Channy did most of the planning work for us. Here's a few things which stood out: 1) We had planned an outdoor ceremony and had rented a tent just in case. The day before the wedding the weather report said a thunderstorm was likely. We discussed with Channy and she worked with all the vendors to put the ceremony indoors. This took so much stress off of us. She even helped us get refunds for some of the bus and tent rentals! 2) She got to know us and could represent our vision for the wedding. This helped her introduce vendors who matched us really well. We only needed to talk to a couple of vendors for each option and could tell that her recommendations fit well. She kept us in budget and made excellent recommendations for what we needed and what we didn't. 3) She did a good job of keeping us on track. She helped us knock all the big important items out early so we had time to focus on smaller things later. Things got busy on the wedding day also but she kept everything moving and the day was great. Overall an awesome experience. Thanks Channy!
Wedding: 06/18/2016

Emily
When my husband and I got engaged he suggested that we get a wedding planner. He had been in two weddings a few years prior (one that had a planner and one that did not), so he knew how much of a stress relief it would be to have someone on our side on the day of the wedding. We got in contact with VOWS via a recommendation from a friend and co-worker, and it could not have been a better choice. We met with Channy and instantly knew we wanted to work with her. She was so easy to talk to and didn't miss a beat when I told her I wasn't particularly interested in organizing a wedding. She made the process of putting together a wedding seem easy. By the time we were halfway to the wedding date I was looking forward to our planning meetings and excited about the wedding. Channy worked with us to create the wedding I didn't even know I wanted. My husband and I didn't realize how much it would mean to us to have our families with us on our special day, and we're so glad that Channy was a part of it as well.
Wedding: 05/21/2016

Archana
Amber made our life really really simple. Due to her, our wedding day turned out to be the best day ever. Every small detail was well taken care of by her and I didn't even have to lift a finger on my wedding day. She is very professional, organized and diligent, and she brought my wedding day vision to life with her very classy taste and ideas. All the vendors suggested by her were extremely professional and provided the bang for the buck. Overall, if you are looking for a wedding planning vendor who can deliver on time, with great amount of professionalism and provides an excellent value and experience for your money, VOWS and Amber are the way to go. I highly recommend VOWS Wedding & Event Planning, you definitely cannot go wrong with them.
Wedding: 03/26/2016

User5223401
I hired HANNAH through VOWS (I bought the Ultimate Package) and have been so thankful that I did from the beginning of the planning process through to the day of my wedding. Hannah researched all the local vendors, keeping in mind the style I was looking for and budget I gave her. She coordinated with all vendors seamlessly keeping me in the loop at all times, including streamlining all contacts. She recommended ways to save money in some areas whilst improving in other areas. Anytime I felt overwhelmed or unsure of things she reassured me and always took the time to fully explain anything I may not have understood or was clear on. Hannah worked on the time line for the day of the wedding, listened to all of our thoughts and requests, confirmed and communicated schedules with all vendors so I did not have to worry about it the days leading up to my wedding. One thing that I really appreciated is that Hannah always got back to us in a quick timely manner, something that I think is important when trying to juggle life/work and planning a wedding! The day ran smoothly and if there were any hiccups, I was completely unaware of it. My husband and I had a great time and that is a huge thanks to Hannah. She is hands down the best money we spent at our wedding and I would strongly recommend her as a planner. Many of our guests complimented our wedding as one of the best they'd ever been to and this is in huge part to all the time, thought and hard work Hannah put into planning this wedding - she is the absolute best!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Kari
Our praise for Channy Sea is endless. From the first day of meeting to discuss the planning process and budget-- to the final moments of the newlyweds drive-off-- we knew we were in good hands. Channy is honest, sincere and incredibly insightful to individual needs and concerns. As parents we were relaxed knowing that she was on top of every detail. No question felt stupid to ask. She listened, provided suggestions and had workable solutions to everything. Most importantly she kept us on track from month to month so nothing felt frantic. I can't imagine a better person for this job. Channy is organized calm with a loving heart. We are grateful for all that she did to make the wedding dreams come true.
Wedding: 10/24/2015

User4685935
We first heard of VOWS through a friend in Oregon who is also a wedding planner. When first speaking with Katy, the owner of VOWS, she highly recommended Channy Sea to handle our wedding as Katy was in Hawaii for an extended period of time setting up their Maui office. We met with Channy and few other planners initially but were hands down the most impressed with Channy's professionalism, punctuality, and ultimately her ability to listen. While some brides thoroughly enjoy planning their wedding, I found myself overwhelmed with the thought and knew I needed help. We hired Channy to help with everything from day one and she was a gem to work with. One of my requirements in hiring a wedding planner was finding someone that would keep my now husband and I on track but not overwhelm us with day-to-day details. I was studying for an exam and needed my space but also knew I had to get things done. Channy was amazing and created a whole timeline checklist up until the wedding day which included rearranging to-dos so that tasks would not interfere with my studying. Throughout the year, Channy handled all communication with vendors and was quick to answer any questions or concerns we had. She negotiated all contracts and kept our budget up to date as the year progressed and as plans changed. When the big day arrived, it was such a relief to not have to think about all the details because I knew Channy was on top of every minute of the day. When we arrived to the venue, the place looked perfect, and the whole day progressed smoothly. We even had friends comment on how easy the day was and how nice it was for them to enjoy the wedding and not be tasked with a responsibility for the day. At the end of the night Channy was there to shut down the wedding and make sure all rental equipment was collected and any misplaced belongings were gathered and brought home with someone. We cannot speak highly enough of Channy and VOWS. Thank you Channy for everything!!!
Wedding: 2+ years ago

VICTORIA
Everything I’ve envisioned for my wedding day wouldn’t have been possible without the help of my wedding planner, the remarkable—Channy Sea from VOWS wedding and event planning. When my husband and I met her at our initial meeting over Starbucks, we immediately felt the connection and knew we had to have her asap! She made us feel very comfortable, listened very carefully to my ideas and also established a trusting relationship that soon turned into a friendship. Her expertise of wedding planning showed thru her examples of other wedding timelines, answering all of our questions, and constantly reassuring us that we would have a stress-free time during the process and on our wedding day. Which she was right because I was able to relax and actually enjoyed the wedding process. Did I mention that she is an absolute SWEET HEART! What is really great about Channy is her communication with you, attention to details and making things happen for the bride (and groom of course!) Channy was there for us a year out from our wedding date and we went straight to planning. Channy picked up where I left off in the planning process and provided suggestions of vendors for our needs. Even when I didn’t approve some of the suggestions she initially provided, she always comes back with another list of vendors. She did a great job in narrowing options to my taste because I was a very indecisive bride. She does very well in staying within our budget when she makes her suggestions and is well connected with many other vendors, which is a major plus in having a planner. She was always there to vent to when problems came up and found solutions right away. She is definitely someone I would recommend to all future brides-to-be. Even if you can’t have her as a planner because of your budget, just make room in your budget for her as she has a great package for “day of wedding” coordination. Either way, you just have to have her be a part of your wedding process.
Wedding: 08/08/2015

Brita
Hiring Vows was the best decision we made for our wedding! Katy is so knowledgeable and actually made our wedding planning experience completely enjoyable. Katy keeps track of all due dates and our timeline so we were able to relax and just enjoy! I would recommend Katy and VOWs to my closest friends and family - without a doubt!!!
Wedding: 07/25/2015

MING
Channy Sea from VOWS wedding is so awesome. She is a great communicator that learned well about our need throughout the wedding planning process. She is so experienced that she can give us multiple examples or suggest vendors to meet our specific needs. She is a hard worker too, always on time, sunny or rain, weekday or weekend. Overall, Channy make the wedding planning process easy and relaxing. At the wedding day, Channy and her assistant organized everything so well that my family and guests were all so satisfied. There must be hassle and problems without her help. The money we spent on her is definitely well worthwhile. Sincerely, Ming & Shuyi
Wedding: 06/07/2015
Services Used: Wedding Planning
Channy is a star planner for VOWS and we are so thrilled you were happy with her services. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is greatly appreciated! Best wishes for many years of happiness together! ~Katy Roberts, owner

Karlie
If you're planning a wedding in the greater Seattle area (or Maui) Katy Roberts is your gal! She is classy, warm and fun to work with. Katy dazzled us with her organization and responsiveness. She truly stands behind her word and will custom tailor a planning package to fit your budget. Once I saw her detailed timeline for the day of the wedding I knew everything was going to be just fine. She went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day at Olowalu Plantation House ran smoothly. She never looked down upon our desire to review multiple bids and she was able to get us a deal with one vendor that we simply would not have been able to get without her! Katy made it easy for me to visualize by taking a video of the property (which she went out of her way to do on a holiday). She is just that kind of wedding planner who goes the extra mile to make sure her clients are comfortable and enjoying the whole process. We will never forget our wedding day. It was a dream come true, and we owe many thanks to Katy Roberts--wedding planner extraordinaire!
Wedding: 01/29/2015

Vy
My husband and I had a blast at our wedding thanks to the expert planning of Channy Sea; she was such a delight to work with. Channy worked so hard to make sure all of my expectations are met, she is very organized and got great ideas. I was over stressed with wedding planning along with other issues; didn't think the result of the wedding would be great. Thanks to Channy for being there to motivate me with her positiveness and gave great words of advice. A few of my vendors were not the easiest people to work with and I was so impressed on how well she handled the situation with them. Channy allowed my husband and I to relax and enjoy our wedding, we are very thankful to have her as our wedding planner! Channy exceeds all of our expectations!
Wedding: 08/30/2014

Rebecca
My fiancé recommended getting a wedding planner and I was completely hesitant to the idea. Professionally I work with vendors daily and I have zero patience for someone not doing their job 100%. I knew if I was going to have a wedding planner it had to be a perfect fit. After a introductory phone call with Katy to discuss ideas, timeline, etc. I knew she was going to be great...without question! We decided to handle most of the initial points and had Katy attend to the final details and lead the event from 8 weeks out. What Katy did for us... - provide amazing contacts and recommendations for every vendor needed - consistently kept in touch throughout the early planning process, even though she wasn't obligated to with our chosen contract - attended all meetings and was on time if not early - responded quickly with all requests - provided advice and suggestions to make our day special and unique and was never pushy - day of was an asset to keep us calm and handled EVERY detail In addition, to Katy's excellent customer service she made the planning process fun. Katy is bubbly, professional, and easy to work with. We "floated" through our wedding day thanks to her!
Wedding: 08/01/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning
So appreciate your kind words, Becca! You guys were dream clients. Thank you!!

Kristin
I knew living in Phoenix and planning a wedding in Seattle was not going to be an easy task (let alone planning a wedding in 5 months!) Enter VOWS Wedding & Event Planning... Working with Channy from VOWS was hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! I know that she had so many other weddings going on, yet she had the most incredible ability to make me feel like the most important and only one. It was a true gift and something every bride wants and deserves from their wedding planner! A lot of my friends and family members talk about their wedding as “a blur” or they say that it passed by in the “blink of an eye.” Thanks to Channy, the entire wedding party and I felt prepared and fully present at the wedding. The level of organization, commitment and care Channy demonstrated to the wedding party and the guests helped create an atmosphere of family, friendship, fun and love. Not only does Channy handle all the details with the utmost professionalism , attention and ability to just ‘make it happen’, she was also just so much fun to work with! She truly became a friend throughout the planning process and my husband and I are forever grateful for her.
Wedding: 07/18/2014

Lisa
Katy from VOWS is like your best friend during the whole wedding planning process . . . only better. She gets stuff done. I started to plan my wedding myself and then realized it was just too much. Katy took over and it turned out beautifully. I was so happy with my wedding day. It honestly couldn't have gone better. It was beautifully styled and organized and I totally relaxed, enjoyed myself and was able to be present in the moment because I knew Katy had it covered. Plus she's super fun to be around!
Wedding: 05/18/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning
Thanks, Lisa! I had a blast with you too. It was a gorgeous wedding and you were such a lovely and obviously "in love" couple. Wishing you many years of happiness!