Back to Weathervane at Southern Season

A
Featured
Amy

Married on 05/14/2016

We are so happy we found The Weathervane! Our wedding was in mid-May in the patio for about 75 guests and the space could not have accommodated it better. When I first toured the space I really loved the airy, romantic garden feel of the place and on the evening of the wedding it looked even better than I imagined. While I had A LOT of details that I brought in, Lauren was open to all of my ideas and was very accommodating. The actual wedding was such a whirlwind but I do remember how taken care of I felt all night with Lauren and Kendall checking on me and Chris and Stephanie making sure I was ok. For me, that is what superb service is all about. It felt like they cared about us. Also, when we realized we were too nervous and excited to eat our meal, the staff happily packed everything up for us, even the items from our dessert bar along with some cute illustrations on the box :) If you want a wedding that goes perfectly smoothly and a team of professionals who end up actually caring about you, then book The Weathervane for your special day. We are so happy we did!

L
Leah

Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely amazing! I got married here Saturday, and everyone--from Alexa the coordinator to all the event staff--went above and beyond our expectations! Also, the food was so delicious. Everything ran smoothly, and we had a relaxed and happy wedding day. Cannot recommend them enough.

E
Elaine

Married on 03/04/2017

We hosted a bridesmaids luncheon on a Friday morning (3/3/17) before our daughter's wedding that Saturday. We worked with Kendall Jackson and she was awesome from initial consultation to planning of decorations, flowers and menu! Weathervane has a variety of venue options for events and we chose The Boardroom as it was perfect for a party of 12 and was private. Kendall and our server, Beth, even assisted the 2 moms and grandmom to add some decorations/balloons we had brought from the outside. Beth went above and beyond in making sure we were all taken care of. The heavy hors'd oeuvres/high tea/ menu and mimosa bar was perfectly girly and fun! All the ladies had a spectacular time! Thank you! :):)
Elaine
Mother of the Bride
Greenville, NC

N
Nicole

Married on 09/03/2016

I seriously cannot say enough good things about Lauren and her team! Lauren is one word.... AMAZING! Professional, organized and friendly. I was a DIY bride and did everything myself but once I dropped off all my décor (about 5 boxes) The Weathervane Team handled the rest, following my instructions to the letter! I knew The Weathervane was perfect for my wedding the moment I saw it.... The space is elegant, classy, beautiful and intimate. The food was INCREDIBLE! My guests are still talking about it. Lauren and her team made sure everything went off without a hitch! I would totally host another event here! Thanks again!

G
Gloria

Married on 06/25/2016

The Weathervane was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! Perhaps the best part of our experience with the Weathervane was working with Lauren Powell, the Special Events Coordinator, who helped us every step of the way with the planning and made sure everything went perfectly for us on our big day (including the food, flowers, set-up, timeline, decor, & coordinating the vendors). Lauren was super responsive, open to our ideas, and was very respectful of working within our budget! We had roughly 55 guests and they were all raving about the food afterwards (we chose the BBQ buffet)! The flower department at Southern Season did an amazing job with our flower arrangements and really listened to what we wanted. Kendall and the wait staff were very helpful and made sure that the wedding party and all of our guests were taken care of. Everything went off without a hitch! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone: great atmosphere, all inclusive (wedding planner, food, flowers, set-up, venue), stress-free, high quality, and affordable! Thanks again to everyone at the Weathervane for giving us the wedding of our dreams! :)

User6840558

2+ years ago

We just had our ceremony and rehearsal at the Weathervane and could not be happier! This was the perfect spot for us to get married! Lauren was so fabulous to work with, and staff the day of were more than great. Everyone seemed happy to be there and eager to help us with anything we could possibly need!
Leading up to the big day, Lauren made everything so much easier. Wedding planning can be so so SO stressful, but the Weathervane took care of so much for us, it made the whole process much much more enjoyable.
I would 100% recommend The Weathervane as a wedding venue to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with the BEST food and someone to help you manage all of the moving pieces involved in planning a wedding!

S
Sarah

Married on 05/01/2016

We could not have been happier with choosing the Weathervane as our venue. We were looking for a full-service provider at a reasonable cost and I'm so glad that a wedding planner I spoke directed me towards a restaurant wedding given our budget (we wanted to stick to $10,000 or less). The patio with roses in bloom, the fountain, strings of lights, and overall ambiance were perfect for our group. I loved that Weathervane included an on-site wedding coordinator (Lauren) and that our package included the flowers. Since Southern Season has a fantastic in-house florist, the flowers were stunning. We even got extra flowers at no extra cost left over from the wedding the night before. All of our guests raved about the food. They even accommodated our Halal meat request for my husband's father. We loved our private tasting several weeks before the wedding. For smaller weddings of 75 guests or less (we had 45), Weathervane is an outstanding choice. We had to have a tent since the weather forecast was iffy, and even though it stayed dry, the tent was a beautiful addition - and had integrated lighting. I couldn't believe the value we got - everything came in at just around $6,000 - flowers and tent included.

K
Karen

Married on 04/30/2016

Wonderful wedding planning by Lauren and she really took the vision I had and made it a beautiful reality. She even helped me create a signature drink! Loved this wedding venue and continue to recommend this to others.

User6278678

2+ years ago

We were looking for a venue that could accommodate 100 guests for a wedding and reception and the Weathervane was perfect. The best about the Weathervane was the gorgeous patio area with flowers in bloom, the convenient location, the elegant feel in a garden-like setting, and we can't say enough about how accommodating the staff was all the way through the process. Lauren Powell and her staff were fantastic at helping us the whole way. Southern Season provided the flowers that were absolutely beautiful and Lauren also coordinated a couple of our other vendors. We received so many compliments from our guests regarding the elegant setting, the awesome food, and the helpful staff. Also, it's the little things that mean so much like the staff helping us pin corsages on and the champagne/cheese in the dressing room. They also arranged our wedding favors on a table that was a work of art. Any time we asked for something, they were very responsive.

User6582817

2+ years ago

If you're looking for a place to get married The Weathervane is the place! Lauren Powell and her team at The Weathervane put on one heck of a party. They turned our idea of an intimate garden party themed wedding into a night we will never forget. Truly a one stop shop for ceremony & reception site for our April wedding. Lauren made everything seamless and stress free from meeting to tour the venue all the way through the day of coordinating. She was always available and offered great recommendations from flower vases to food and drink selections. Amazing value and no hassles with multiple vendors as The Weathervane has an onsite florist and works directly with tent/light vendor. They have built in heaters on the promenade and patio so it's perfect for year round events- something we kept in mind given NC weather is so unpredictable/ Also, given all the plants, flowers and gas lanterns that are already there, there was really no other place as naturally gorgeous to get hitched.

A
Annette Perot and

Married on 09/06/2015

We can’t say enough about how wonderful our wedding and reception were at the Weathervane! When we began researching wedding venues, we thought what the Weathervane offered for the price MUST be too good to be true. We were thrilled to discover quite the opposite. Not only did the Weathervane provide excellent quality at a reasonable rate, but so many additional services that many vendors would charge extra to receive. The special events coordinator, Lauren Powell, was amazing from start to finish. She was responsive, had great ideas, flexible in accommodating our needs and wants, and made the experience more stress free than we could have ever imagined. Several guests commented that it was “the best wedding ever! ” We know that was largely due to the excellent food, service, and atmosphere that the Weathervane created - organized, professional, and friendly. As a same-gender couple, having a venue be so supportive and celebratory of our special day meant all the more to us.

T
Tiffany

Married on 05/23/2015

The Weathervane at Southern Seasons was the perfect venue for our wedding. We had about 80 guests to keep it intimate with close family and friends. The wedding was held outside in the bricked garden area, then flipped for the reception area while we took pictures. The food was so delicious and well prepared. Lauren, the Event Coordinator was super flexible and wonderful to work with during the entire process. She was always available and able to figure out any issues that came up. The flowers were provided by the florist at Southern Season and were perfectly decorated throughout the entire venue. I highly recommend the Weathervane at Southern Seasons for your wedding & reception!

S
Stefanie

Married on 05/20/2017

Really enjoyed our wedding at the Weathervane! We had ~65 people, and it fit perfectly. We rented out the patio and oak room, and spent most of our time outdoors for our May wedding. Keep in mind, the restaurant is still open during the wedding, so I did have to maneuver through in my wedding dress- but people were courteous and enjoyed seeing me walk through the restaurant. We also did floral and cake through Southern Seasons, and are happy with both! My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous. Would definitely recommend this venue!

E
Elizabeth

Married on 09/20/2015

This was a great venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! We were on a pretty tight budget, and we were able to stick to our budget and even splurge on some things we originally thought we may not be able to have because of how good the prices were on everything. This venue was lovely for a small wedding.

All of the staff did a great job and all of our guests had a great time--we received many compliments on how delicious the food was. It turned out beautiful! I highly recommend Weathervane.

C
Christina

Married on 09/19/2015

Lauren has been a huge help in helping me make decisions on setup and menu. Their food is outstanding and very elegant.

User6804018

2+ years ago

If you are looking for a convenient, affordable, and classy venue with friendly and helpful staff, then Weather vane is the spot for you. Everything was handled with ease and Lauren was so helpful.

H
Heidi

Married on 09/28/2014

2.8

Our wedding ended up being beautiful. The venue was gorgeous the food was good. However the on-site coordinator was very difficult to work with. Her lack of attention to detail, lateness to meetings, and her delayed responsiveness made the planning process way more stressful that it needed to be. We were so thankful that we hired a day of coordinator to handle our best interests. In fact, when she arrived on the day of the event, nothing was set up or prepped! Also, we had attended a tasting to decide the menu and our menu choices were NOT honored and this was after the bride had specific dietary requirements that were ignored. Also, the bride and groom were never served cake so there were just some logistic issues with the food service.

Overall, the day was beautiful and the event was good value for the money. Our biggest complain is the on-site coordinator. Honestly, if this issue is addressed we could recommend this venue.